Posted 27 November

Here are your PS4 day one launch titles

SP02_3

Finally, the week we’ve all been waiting for. The arrival of PlayStation 4 is imminent and the excitement levels here are through the roof. There are some gamers out there taking time off from work and school children wishing they could stay home (I do not advocate this). There may even be people for whom PS4 will be their first PlayStation console. If that’s the case for you, we welcome you to our world and hope you have a fantastic, fun and awesome time.

There’s a ton of PS4 content waiting to be snapped up – see the list below and draw up your day one shopping list. Jump into the jaw dropping world of Killzone: Shadow Fall, or fend off a goblin army in Knack. Maybe you’ll opt for the open seas with Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, or perhaps you’d prefer to have some family join in the fun in Lego Marvel Super Heroes.

PlayStation Plus members have some great things waiting for them, too. There’s beautiful, explosive action in Resogun, shadow shifting puzzle adventure in Contrast and launch discounts for Trine 2 and Super Motherload, too.

PlayStation Plus

Resogun – 100% discount
Contrast – 100% discount
Assassin’s Creed IV – Aveline Ship Figurehead DLC- 100% discount

Trine 2 Complete – 20% discount (29th November – 13th December)
Super Motherload – 10% discount (29th November – 13th December)

PlayStation 4

Angry Birds Star Wars
Price: £32.99/€34.99
PEGI: 3

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – Standard Edition
Price: £54.99/€69.99
PEGI: 18

Battlefield 4
Price: £54.99/€69.99
PEGI: 18

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Price: £54.99/€69.99
PEGI: 18

Contrast (included in PS Plus)
Price: £12.79/€14.99
PEGI: 12

DC Universe Online
Price: Free
PEGI: 16
Availability: Not available in Russia, Turkey

Escape Plan (Cross-Buy PS Vita/PS4)
Price: £9.99/€12.99
PEGI: 12

Escape Plan Collection (Cross-Buy PS Vita/PS4)
Price: €19.99/£15.99
PEGI: 12

FIFA 14
Price: £54.99/€69.99
PEGI: 3

Flower (Cross-Buy PS3/PS Vita/PS4)
Price: £6.49/€7.99

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Price: £52.99/€59.99
PEGI: 3

Madden NFL 25
Price: £54.99/€69.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Not available in Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

NBA 2K14
Price: £54.99/€69.99
PEGI: 3

NBA LIVE 14
Price: £54.99/€69.99
PEGI: 3
Availability: Australia, Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, UK

Need For Speed Rivals
Price: £54.99/€69.99
PEGI: 7

Putty Squad
Price: £15.99/€19.99
PEGI: 7

Sound Shapes (Cross-Buy PS3/PS Vita/PS4)
Price: £9.99/€12.99
PEGI: 3

Super Motherload
Price: £11.99/€13.99
PEGI: 7

Trine 2: Complete Story
Price: £14.49/€16.99
PEGI: 12

Resogun (included in PS Plus)
Price: £12.79/€14.99
PEGI: 7

Warframe
Price: Free
PEGI: 16

War Thunder
Price: Free
PEGI: 12

PlayStation 4 – Apps & Services

• Music Unlimited (UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and New Zealand)
  • Video Unlimited (Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK)
  • IGN (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Qatar, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK)
  • BBC iPlayer (UK)
  • VidZone (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK)
    Amazon/LOVEFiLM (Germany, UK)
  • Netflix (Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, UK)
  • BBC Sports (UK)
  • BBC News (UK)
  • Wuaki.tv (Spain)
  • Total Channel (Spain)
  • Demand5 (UK)
  • Maxdome (Germany, Austria)
  • RTBF (Belgium)
  • NOS Sports (Netherlands)
  • Ximon (Belgium, Netherlands)
  • Watchever (Germany)
  • Viaplay (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

100 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

JordanBlack68 27 November, 2013 @ 4:20 pm   1

From £62.99 to £54.99 is not bad, but I think it should be lower then £50.

DarkCloud79 27 November, 2013 @ 4:21 pm   2

Glad to see War Thunder is coming at launch, any word of blacklight retribution also coming to EU? Also, sad to see the lack of apps for Portugal.

Jawad Ashraf 27 November, 2013 @ 5:07 pm

Blacklight Retribution won’t hit launch for this part of the world but it will shortly after.

Too expensive games, especially for digitals.

Are you kidding me? 70 euro for non Sony published titles? That’s utterly ridiculous…

Damn no blacklight no crunchy roll no NBA game time remind me to keep my ps3 plugged in

mitchbel1996 27 November, 2013 @ 4:24 pm   6

No Blacklight: Retribution? I thought this was a f2p launch title?
Also, please do something about the ridiculous €69,99 prices for some games…

Only Vidzone for Portugal? That’s a low move :/
I was really expecting more apps this time around, same thing happened with the PS3.

Also, aren’t those digital prices way to high? I mean, it’s the same price as s phisical copy and that one does have a different type of value.

Will there be any demos?
Cheers.

PFC_Hudson 27 November, 2013 @ 4:25 pm   9

There should have been 5-10% discount for PS+ subscribers on all digital titles to encourage sales because £50+ on digital games is silly pricing

smallgaffer 27 November, 2013 @ 4:26 pm   10

Video store in Ireland soon? ;)

Also, any chance seeing the RTE player on ps4? seeing as it’s on PS3 already (ireland)

Missed bullet point for “Amazon/LOVEFiLM (Germany, UK)”.

Was really hoping for a “Plus you get £10 free PSN credit” to be added to this, since the Americans got a bunch of free stuff. Would be nice if we at least got something for being loyal.

Especially since we’re the region who were loyal to you and helped you beat Microsoft… but no, you give free stuff to America to try and win them over because you were second place for most of this generation there.

Cant help but feel a little let down, but at the same time, excited as hell for Friday. A free PSN voucher was never included in my purchase of a PS4, so I can’t really miss it.

Get your PSN vouches off eBay, they’re cheaper. I usually save about 20%. Means these digital titles can actually work out cheaper than retail copies.

Fred Dutton 27 November, 2013 @ 4:30 pm

It’s delayed ever so slightly. We hope to have it with you next week – I’ll confirm as soon as possible.

Ravenblade86 27 November, 2013 @ 4:28 pm   15

I’m very glad to see War Thunder on that list as well, couldn’t see any sign of it on the webstore and they are doing a very poor job of promoting in so their is almost zero info on the PS4 version. It’s a really good free2play multiplayer game though, hopefully it won’t get over looked by people.

Also glad to see EA especially have lowered the price of their games, it’s slightly less offensive now than it was when they wher listed for £63. Still much to expensive though when the retail versions are selling for £47-50. No way I will considering buying the digital versions at that price, nevermind the size of the downloads.

Otherwise, it looks like a very good day 1 lineup to me. Can’t wait for my PS4 to arrive now :)

Will the PS4 games be available to the Greek PSN store? The PS4 launches officially on the 13th of December.

Are Australians really going to have to pay $100+ for a ps4 game when the AUD is = 90¢ US. This is why retail stores are going to be around along time with these ridiculous prices

What’s up with the prices of third party games in Poland? It’s 299 PLN which is a little bit more more than €70 and way more than £55. At the same time Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack are 264 PLN which is closer to the price in pounds than in euros. Seems like the prices in our region are completely random. Sometimes they’re equivalent of UK prices, sometimes of EU prices. Sometimes it’s even more bizarre and for example Just Dance 2014 costs like £45 or €55.

Care to explain?

dark_angel69 27 November, 2013 @ 4:29 pm   19

Will the PS4 have their own store post every week or will it be combined with the main store update starting from next week?

dylanwiggan 27 November, 2013 @ 4:30 pm   20

Game prices on PS4 are way too high, especially digital but disc isnt much better either.

I thought they would stay inline with ps3 prices (like they have done in the US). Be really interesting to know why there is such a discrepancy.

Glad to see War Thunder has made it :)

While the prices have at least been reduced I still resent paying over £50 for titles when the US’s games have stayed at the previous gen’s $60 price tag… Doesn’t make UK customer’s feel very respected.

When will Blacklight Retribution be available in europe?

What has happened to Blacklight Retribution? It was supposed to be a free to play title at launch and it has already released on the American PlayStation Store, so when will it release on the European PlayStation Store? Also, where is flOw?

Fred Dutton 27 November, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

Both flOw and Blacklight have been subject to brief delays. They should be with you next week, but I will 100% confirm the date as soon as possible.

Can we expect digital prices in NZ to drop similar to what’s happened in the UK? Paying an extra $15 compared to digital Xbox One titles is crazy.

also, when will NBA 2k14 be added to the store for PS4? I have my upgrade code, but the game is not available to add it. Everything else is there (except War Thunder) so why not this?

Hi.
I have already purchased Shadow Fall form the SEN but do I get the pre-order bonuses well?
Thanks in advance.

HighflyerVII 27 November, 2013 @ 4:34 pm   27

“Putty Squad launches on PS4 via PlayStation Store this Friday, priced £13.99/€14.99.”

Putty Squad
Price: £16.99/€19.99
PEGI: 7

…One of you has made a mistake ;)

Surely digital retail titles should be cheaper than that, considering you don’t have the added cost of packaging, materials, distribution, postage etc.

Thanks for the answer Fred

QuietlyWrong 27 November, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   30

While it’s a relief to see the PS4 prices drop back into line with the other ‘next-gen’ console, could someone smack EA and point out that their PS3 titles are now £5 more expensive than the PS4 equivalents? :(

Psychic_Sloth 27 November, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   31

Can’t believe there’s no Blacklight Retribution.. of all the launch titles, that was gonna be my first play!!Gutted.. F2P in USA but we don’t get it? Why is this?

I wonder how much KZ:SF will be in the shops? Was hoping for under £45 at least. If over then only 1 game for me then & i will just play all the free stuff & PS Plus stuff for now i guess.

Waiting4GodOfWar 27 November, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   33

Like many here, I think the prices of the digital titles are too high in comparison with their physical counterparts. This is definitely NOT promoting dematerialized gaming, which is a setback coming from a company like Sony. I won’t rant about the lack of backwards compatibility (it has been done already), but I have to say that, after owning a PS One, Two, Three, Vita, and thinking about buying a PS4 (which I’ll probably end up doing eventually anyway), I really feel let down as a consumer, especially with regards to the US market. I mean, in this day and age, how can you explain a 2-week delay in the launch of a global, non-zoned product? How do you think your customers feel? And your price strategy? Come on Sony, you can definitely do better…

Consumer: Digital should be cheaper as there are no costs in making discs, boxes, manuals and shipping!

Publisher: Digital should be more expensive for convenience and bandwidth.

My opinion: They should at the very least match retail RRP.
Personally I never buy digital as I sell my games upon completion and get a good chunk of the cash back if I can do it quickly.

KaRmAChAnG8 27 November, 2013 @ 4:41 pm   35

Not sure if this has been covered but if you got Flower and Sound Shapes via Instant Game Collection (like I did) does that cover the PS4 versions as well or do I need to purchase the PS4 versions seperately?

I still don’t understand why the Digital versions are more than the retail, You’re getting less but paying more.
With Sony trying to push Digital surely they should be at least the same price as retail if not less.

That aside I can’t wait for Friday, These two weeks seem to have gone on forever.

AC4:Black Flag is €49.99 on Steam yet €69.99 on PSN. What the actually (CENSORED)? You guys are ripping us off. I want to buy digitally through the PSN but your forcing me to buy retail.

Demonik-Caveman 27 November, 2013 @ 4:45 pm   38

Where is Blacklight Retribution? Big let down!

Agreed – digital only copies should be cheaper than disc-based versions of the same game.

ThreeWallzz 27 November, 2013 @ 4:46 pm   40

isn’t blacklight retribution a launch title?

irish-sid 27 November, 2013 @ 4:46 pm   41

Sounds great! Really excited.
One question though…

I have 2 ps3′s, and have ordered 2 ps4′s. I’ve read in a couple of comment sections on sites that you only get 2 console slots in total? Is that right? Is in not 2 slots for Ps3 and 2 more slots for Ps4?

Please, I really need to know this. Thanks.

Forza 5 £44.99 v Killzone £52.99, explain/justify?

Honestly how do Sony expect the future to be digital with these prices, its really poor when there is less distribution and physical media costs involved.

I want to go digital, but you and your partners make it impossible.

Highbury4ever 27 November, 2013 @ 4:49 pm   43

So no F2p Blacklight in the EU but released in USA….emmmm… Anyone ember CS,G is this gonna go the same way.

You lower the UK pound prices but not for everyon else. Seems fair.

PIREDERAS 27 November, 2013 @ 5:04 pm   45

“Angry Birds Star Wars. Price: £32.99/€34.99″

First the Angry Birds Trilogy cost €29.99, now this.

LOL

It’s just ridiculous, whoever made this pricing decision.

Hi Fred,
I just used the online store to add Contrast (PS4) to my download list and it has charged me £12.79-I am a fully paid up PS+ member-I assume this is a mistake? If so how do I get a refund?

GAMEPROFF 27 November, 2013 @ 5:18 pm   47

Are Resogun and Contrast part of the Instant Game Collection or will I be able to play with them, even when I dont have PlayStation Plus anymore?

kinda laughble now that the ps4 is launching we still getting games releases delays and more epxensive content yet now everybody has 2 pay for this horrible treatment. seem nothing will change with ps4 we will still be 3rd rate like with ps3

aydin1979 27 November, 2013 @ 5:20 pm   49

Seems like great deals however need to get the ps4 first :o

Putty Squad
Price: £16.99/€19.99
PEGI: 7

Is that the right price?, here putty is priced 299 NOK in the psn store, where it Normally should had been around NOK 170 with those prices equally. Not sure if I will manage to get a ps4 Friday yet thought, but If I will and that Norwegian prices remain I better order the game from amazon at the price it should be, But I would had prefered digital, but not to any price thought!

Load all