Posted 2 December

Video Store update: Man of Steel, Grown Ups 2, The World’s End

Hi there PlayStation Blog. I hope you all had a great weekend with PS4. Here’s your update for Video Store this week.

Man of Steel

Man of Steel
A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

Available now to rent or buy in the UK priced from £3.99/£11.99 and in Australia from AU$6.99/AU$19.99

grown ups 2

Grown Ups 2
The all-star comedy cast from Grown Ups returns! After moving his family back to his hometown to be with his friends and their kids, Lenny (Adam Sandler) finds out that between old bullies, new bullies, schizo bus drivers, drunk cops on skis, and 400 costumed party crashers sometimes crazy follows you.

Available now to rent or buy in the UK priced from £3.99/£11.99. Available from January in Australia.

The World's end

The World’s End
Twenty years after their first epic pub crawl attempt, the “five musketeers” reunite in their home town to complete the ultimate challenge – one night, five friends, twelve bars – a boozy quest on which only the strongest will survive. But after a bizarre series of encounters with the out-of-this-world locals, they soon realise that reaching their final pub, The World’s End, may be the least of their troubles. They’re having the time of their lives, ready to take on the world… but tonight they may have to save it.

Available from 5th December in Australia to rent or buy, priced from AU$5.99/AU$23.99. Available now in the UK, priced £3.59/£11.99 to own

More movies available on https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com. Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

15 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

residentSteve 2 December, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   1

I did have a great weekend with my ps4 but killzone despite my best efforts is awful, but I can’t trade it in at the store because it came with my ps4.

Hi not all my videos (Episodes and Movie) are available to watch on the PS4 will they be added later?

SuperSaiyan4 2 December, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   3

In my videos Amazing spider man plays in stereo instead of 5.1 even though I’ve selected 5.1 in the movie and in settings. Please fix!

SuperSaiyan4 2 December, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   4

That was on PS4 btw.

playmartelli 2 December, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   5

I’m a Brit living in Germany. It would be fantastic if you could have an option for original language instead of just the dubbed one. iTunes has this option now, so it would be great if you could implement it too. And I know a lot of German people want to watch the film in the original language too so this would not just be for us expats.

Ok here goes the first post regarding the new gen(PS4).After six years of asking on PS3 …….when is the Video Store coming to Ireland and being told on many occasions “it’s coming soon!!” and it never happened.So I’m really not bothered any more.
But it’s now just a bit of a addiction/habit….every-time I see a blog post with Video Store update,I feel I must ask:)) So here goes……SEN When Are We Going To Get A Video Unlimited Service In Ireland???
Ahh there I said it,I feel at ease now ;)

I know I won’t get a response….But like I said I’m not really bothered…Just had to post for the New Gen,feed my habit;)
Loving the PS4 by the way.

AaronSOLDIER 2 December, 2013 @ 12:30 pm   7

Man, I was so disappointed after seeing MoS, thought it’d be the new Batman trilogy. Won’t be seeing the sequel next year or whenever it is. Even the Spiderman reboot was better.

@baz3

You won’t get an answer either. The fact is: Ireland, and a lot of the other peripheral regions, are not getting a Video Store. It’s pretty obvious at this stage.

SCEE ran the numbers and it’s just not worth the investment. Of course, they’ll never admit that; they’re just hoping we’ll stop asking about it.

@ Brodiesan

I know I won’t get a response,as I stated in my post.I’m just scratching an itch/feeding my habit;))I honestly don’t care if the service comes or not.I’ll admit I did care and wanted it when they first promised it many years ago.
But now there are so many options for viewing content by other means,I’m just not bothered.

Honestly, is it such a loss if a Sony media store isn’t available in one country? I just can’t imagine why someone should even want them.

Be it Netflix, Amazon or many other video services, they offer more variety, better prices and better technical services. See playmartelli above, for example.

Project2insanity 2 December, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   11

Man of Steel is freakin’ awesome! One of the best intros in cinematic history as far as I’m concerned.

So is it coming this time on the Playstation 4? Or will I have to turn on my Xbox to rent and buy movies this generation also?

Man of Steel is awesome but I already have it!

Irish-Warrior-GF 3 December, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   14

I don’t understand why they don’t have this in Ireland I would use this all the time

“7 years I have had a PS3 here in Norway and Sony could not manage to get the video store up and running. Norway is a huge Playstation nation….”

Same thing in Finland. We are waiting…