Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

Rainbow Moon out this week for PS Vita

Rainbow Moon Vita, 05

It’s an exciting day for SideQuest Studios and the eastasiasoft team! Our indie role-playing game Rainbow Moon is out today for the PlayStation Vita and as promised in my last post, we have a lot of great offers for PS3 Rainbow Moon players and PlayStation Plus subscribers.

Firstly, for new players we have a trial version of Rainbow Moon that gives you access to the full game for 90 minutes. The trial can be replayed as often as you like and any progress that you make is carried over when you purchase the full game for €12.99/£9.99.

The latest version of Rainbow Moon adds over 30 bug fixes, improvements and new features to the original game, including Cross-Save, so you can now import old saves and share any new progress between both platforms.

Rainbow Moon Vita, 08Rainbow Moon Vita, 07

For those of you who already own Rainbow Moon, for a limited time you can take advantage of the PS3 Player Special Offer and grab Rainbow Moon on PS Vita at a 50% discount. PlayStation Plus subscribers can also save 20% during the first two weeks of launch!

Finally, all Rainbow Moon add-ons support Cross-Buy functionality so any Rainbow Moon DLC purchased will automatically be applied to both systems.

Once again, thanks a lot to all our valued fans that have supported us during the last few years. I hope that you have as much fun playing Rainbow Moon as we had developing it. Please share your feedback and questions through the comments and don’t forget to look out for Rainbow Skies, which will be coming to PS3 and PS Vita in 2014/15.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

45 Comments 13 Author replies
Show oldest first

I picked this up in the sale last week and I’m loving what I’ve played so far!
Really looking forward to jumping in on the Vita! :D

Mr_Blue_Heaven 3 December, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   2

Awesome :D

pinkplaybunny 3 December, 2013 @ 3:22 pm   3

i also picked it up in the sale and will be getting the vita version too. Not had a chance to start it yet though.

For Rainbow skies wouldn’t a ps4 version be easier so you can play with remote play if you have a vita rather than needing two versions?

You_Better_Hide 3 December, 2013 @ 3:30 pm   4

@ 3 – Rainbow Skies is not coming to PS4. As confirmed by the devs on their Facebook page. Also Rainbow Skies will release PS3 first followed by Vita a few months later, again confirmed on the Dev’s Facebook page.

From the store description: Play for 100 hours and more, including all side quests and optional content.

I know people in marketing usually inflate this number to the moon and back, how true is in this case ? I’ll have some traveling ahead of me and this looks rather nice, might pick it up if this number is at least close to truth.

You_Better_Hide 3 December, 2013 @ 3:33 pm   6

@ 5 – Tis true. Played it on PS3. Was near 80 hours and still not finished the game. Good to be able to transfer the save and play on the go. Suited more to hand held then staring at a tv for hours and hours on end. :)

will ps plus owners who own the ps3 version see a 20% reduction on the 50% off price?

“PlayStation Plus subscribers can also save 20%” this line kinda suggests yes

Marcus Pukropski 3 December, 2013 @ 4:17 pm

Yes, if you own the PS3 version and have subscribed PS+ you can buy the game for $5.99

@5 even when you finish the main story there is a whole new set of missions for you to try and beat

@ yasink

i bought this at launch on ps3 and never gave it much time as i was let down by the fact i had totally thought it would be like disgaea which its not(gameplay) however started giving it a go and its good (not disgaea good ;) )

are these missions at the end super hard like post game in disgaea?

TehPunizher 3 December, 2013 @ 3:52 pm   10

got it on SALE. its a great game but get rdy for some grinding not sure how well this will translate to the VITA :P still well worth a buy for the PS3

chrisboers 3 December, 2013 @ 3:53 pm   11

@5: Yes, the box-hype is true. You’ll easily sink in 100+ hours before you finalize the game. There of course is some repetition in that, but that’s quite usual for this type of RPGs.
But, strategy part becomes much, MUCH better after the first 30 hours.

jellyhedgehog 3 December, 2013 @ 3:53 pm   12

Where is it? I can’t find it on the store. It says out today in the post.

I am not able to find it in the store either…
I guess it is out tomorrow, with the usual Wednesday update?

Marcus Pukropski 3 December, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

The game will be released on december 4th in the SCEE store. For SCEA, it’s december 3rd.

man_utd_xl 3 December, 2013 @ 4:07 pm   14

5# it does easily have over 100 hours of gameplay if you enjoy the game enough to put that sort of time in, the game will be perfect for the vita, i get bored playing it on PS3 occasionally because it’s not made for sitting staring at the tv and playing

13# it’s actually released tomorrow, this post is almost identical to the one on the US blog and i think they forgot to change the release day on it

Thanks a lot for all the answers, will definitely get this now, sounds awesome for plane-play :D

PHEEliNUX 3 December, 2013 @ 4:35 pm   16

Good for Vita owners i guess
SRPG is one of the best RPG genres
Especially the long ones

How much is that in euro/pounds/aussie dollar ??

We dont really do $ in europe :) but thanks for the reply lol

hitman_stephen 3 December, 2013 @ 5:03 pm   18

*adds to christmas list*

TehPunizher 3 December, 2013 @ 5:32 pm   19

@Basket21 today’s rates :P – $5.99 = €4.40 – £3.65 – A$6.56

but i agree dont gives you $ (american prices) when you post on a EU blog :P

Marcus Pukropski 3 December, 2013 @ 8:10 pm

Sorry guys for posting dollar prices. To be honest I don’t have exact info about all the EU prices, but will check this with EAS tomorrow and get back to you.

PHEEliNUX 3 December, 2013 @ 6:41 pm   20

@TehPunizher
Well, Our store uses Dollars, But not like i really care about since i just check prices in the store

Hell-Raiser-85 3 December, 2013 @ 11:24 pm   21

This was one of my top games of 2012 Thanks for the Vita love :)

I have a couple of questions
1) When does Player Special Offer end? short on cash atm thx to PS4
2) Whats the download size?
3) Will Rainbow Skies release on PS3 & Vita at the same time?

Marcus Pukropski 4 December, 2013 @ 8:57 am

1.) It’s available for a limited time only but we haven’t decided yet when the offer will end. It should be available at least for the next few months.

2.) ~1.3 GB

3.) We’re aiming for a simultaneously release, but can’t promise at the moment.

FriendlyFireOz 4 December, 2013 @ 12:46 am   22

Great news. I have the PS3 version. Will pick up the Vita version too.

TkdFighter919 4 December, 2013 @ 5:02 am   23

Hello Marcus,

I just checked the Australian Vita PSN store, am really excited to get this for my vita and play it so can’t wait lol, but it is not coming up in search or on the Vita/Indie games section of the psn store. As today is 4th december here, will it release tomorrow on the store? Thank you.

will definitely be picking this up for the vita as I bought the PS3 version on release. Now to clear some space on my 16gb card for it

This was going to be a day one purchase for me….then I saw the add ons. If I want to pay for the opportunity not to have to grind (the extent of which is up to the coders) I would play games on my phone. I refuse to pay for a game twice. Goodbye.

Marcus Pukropski 4 December, 2013 @ 6:06 pm

Hi Matdub69,

I’ve posted this already on the US blog, but because there are many misunderstandings I’ll forward this once more:

Yes, there is some DLC available for Rainbow Moon to speed up the game. I’m aware that on many discussion boards some people state that this DLC is required to be able to complete the game.

Please let me clarify that this is not true! The whole game has been balanced without any DLC! In fact we’ve added the DLC feature *after* the game has been completed for people who want to rush through or just speed up the game.

If you play on normal difficulty mode, you’re good if you defeat most of the visible monsters on the maps. No extra random battles are required and no DLC is required, so in my opinion this is far away from grinding.

However the focus of the game are battles, so if you want to skip most of the battles, you’ll get into trouble sooner or later.
    But there is no dungeon or map that is locked because of DLC and you can get all the strongest weapons and items without buying any DLC. Again, it’s complete optional. Rainbow Moon is by no means a F2P game!

Hope that helps.

Hi Marcus
Would just like to confirm if I buy the Cross-Save bundle, will I get both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game.
Thanks

Marcus Pukropski 4 December, 2013 @ 6:08 pm

Hi PM,

yes, that’s right. The cross save bundle contains the Vita AND PS3 version of Rainbow Moon.

Hope that helps.

JohnThePriest 4 December, 2013 @ 4:41 pm   27

Have been waiting for this all day in the UK, but the pricing doesn’t look quite right. I own the game on the PS3 but see the price on the store at £5.19 for Vita, which is less than the quoted 50% of £9.99 and it also doesn’t have the extra 20% for plus subscribers.
Not complaining too much as its a tremendous game and worth every penny, but thought I should make a note.
Thanks.

Marcus Pukropski 4 December, 2013 @ 6:14 pm

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. There seems to be indeed a problem with the combination of the PS3 and PS+ discount. This applies only to the EU region, it works as expected in the US store.

We’ll inform Sony about the issue. Unfortunately I can’t say if and when this will be fixed.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

JohnThePriest 4 December, 2013 @ 4:45 pm   28

Maybe I read it wrong, 20% off the £9.99 to psplus subscribers and first time buyers on the Vita, not to PS3 owners, who get it at 50% off but not the 20% psplus discount as well.

I’m confusing myself. Sorry

I don’t have a vita but I am loving this on ps3, I think it’d be perfect on the vita. I’m actually considering a vita even more now. I only bought this last week but I will definitely be looking forward to rainbow skies!

Marcus Pukropski 4 December, 2013 @ 9:03 pm   30

Obviously there are some problems in certain regions, so if you’re unable to purchase the full version, please use the search function of the store! Many people have been able to purchase the game that way!

Dungmsteph 5 December, 2013 @ 12:35 am   31

I think the best deal is to get the PS3 version on sale, I think it’s still on today, then grab the discounted Vita version… That makes PS3 + Vita for AU$14, which is better than the bundle

Thanks Marcus.

Funktastic68 5 December, 2013 @ 1:29 pm   33

I bought this game on ps3 on day 1 & I really enjoyed playing through it, really amazing game, I just bought vita version & the only thing im really disappointed about is that it shares the trophy list with ps3, I was looking forward to getting the trophies again, is there anything you can do about this?

Marcus Pukropski 5 December, 2013 @ 7:48 pm

Hi,

the only thing you can do is not syncing your trophies with the PSN servers, which is of course not an easy task if you go online with your Vita regularly.

We’re aware that some people would have preferred a new trophy set. But to be honest, that’s not really working well in combination with cross save and Sony also strongly recommends sharing the trophy set.

In can see your point though. I’m sorry for not having a more positive reply.

Hi Marcus,

Really enjoying Rainbow Moon on my vita thanks to you and all of sidequest studios
Can’t wait for Rainbow Skies :)

Hell-Raiser-85 5 December, 2013 @ 3:41 pm   35

The DLC is not showing up as Cross-Buy :(

Marcus Pukropski 5 December, 2013 @ 7:50 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your problems. Please try to use the search function in the store. If this doesn’t solve the problem for you, please contact the Sony support.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Funktastic68 5 December, 2013 @ 8:56 pm   36

Thank you so much for your reply marcus, I really didn’t think you would of replied, just shows how much you care about your games & your customers, I totally understand that sony will have the last say about the trophies, I mean its a ten pound game with a plat trophy but this game wasnt cross buy only cross save, so I feel that sony should allow us to get the same trophies again for vita version, I will support you guys with all your games & I cant wait for rainbow skies

Hell-Raiser-85 5 December, 2013 @ 11:38 pm   37

I did try but no luck it must be the PSN store as some of my PS4 cross buy DLC is the same. I did find a work around by using using Cross-Save to bring my main save from PS3 then saved on vita. Now when i start a new game on vita all DLC is there. :) Thanks for replying

LiquidSolid 6 December, 2013 @ 4:51 am   38

How long will the PS3 player special deal be sticking around? I want to get it but I also won’t be resubbing to PS+ for another couple of weeks.

Marcus Pukropski 6 December, 2013 @ 4:07 pm

Hi,

it will be available during the next weeks for sure. At the moment no decision has been made at what time this will be removed, but it won’t be available forever.

Loving the game on Vita, it’s a perfect fit for a handheld device.

Cleggworth 6 December, 2013 @ 2:53 pm   40

put 40hrs in on ps3 before being distracted by other games. its perfect for vita so looking to get back into it but i can’t get cross save to work! use the option on the menu and it comes back as error no save found? is there something else to do first to make it work?

wholeegun 6 December, 2013 @ 2:58 pm   41

@Cleggworth You just need to save the PS3 version to the cloud and not the HDD

i was going to buy this until i saw that it shares a trophy list with the ps3 version and is not 2 separate lists.

if i have to pay for a game twice as a trophy hunter i should be able to earn them twice, shared trophy lists should be limited to crossbuy titles only imo.

sorry guys but that has lost you a sale on my part.

wholeegun 6 December, 2013 @ 4:40 pm   43

@hayzink Yeah, i guess for a trophy hunter that would be a deal breaker.

The game is awesome so the Vita purchase for me was a must.

Really looking forward to Rainbow Skies release, just a shame it’s so far away.

gerald_ariane 21 December, 2013 @ 5:36 am   44