Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:00pm

Zen Pinball 2 is coming to PS4 this month

Doctor Strange Orb

It’s Pinball time on PS4! Zen Pinball 2 will release for PlayStation 4 on 18th December, featuring a selection of tables from the previous generation’s table library. If you already own these tables on PS3 or PS Vita, we invite you to download them for FREE on PS4! Yes, FREE backwards compatibility!

What about all of you who have never played pinball or thought it was a game you would not enjoy? Well, the Sorcerer’s Lair table is absolutely free for all players, giving you the opportunity to try the game risk free!

Additionally, Marvel’s Doctor Strange will release as brand new content! That’s right; the Sorcerer Supreme will be day one content for Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 for €2.99. If you have not purchased a PS4 yet, Doctor Strange will also be available in Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and PS Vita for €2.99.

Here is the table lineup for Zen Pinball 2 on PS4:

• Star Wars Pinball
  • Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force
  • Marvel Pinball
  • Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles
  • Marvel’s Doctor Strange
  • Plants vs. Zombies Pinball
  • Epic Quest
  • Paranormal
  • Earth Defense

Doctor Strange FireDoctor Strange Playfield

Zen Studios has HUGE plans for pinball in 2014, including more Star Wars Pinball and Marvel Pinball tables, as well as tables based on more iconic and exciting brands. We cannot wait to share all the pinball goodness!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

35 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first
Toploader7 4 December, 2013 @ 2:07 pm   1

Did not expect crossbuy to apply to this, fantastic news :)

Technically, “FREE forward compatibility!”, but nether the less this is good news all around :)

Awesomeness!

mcwildcard 4 December, 2013 @ 2:22 pm   4

Excellent news! Will the PS4 version support 3D?

I actually love you guys :)

You honestly never dissapoint and you embrace the PlayStation ecosystem better than any other developer, I have all your games and all but 3 tables(which I will rectify asap) for Zen.

I would have paid something for the base game just for the upgrades, you guys are great :)

Please get the Disney licence I keep posting about and make me a wreck it Ralph and toy story table.

So what is new in the PS4 version? Any graphical upgrades or anything? Or is it just the PS3 version but on ps4?

Having looked at the list again I have all the tables that carry across :)

Great news! Very happy it’s FREE for me as I have every table! Oh and Bobby, get on your PS4/Vita and accept the friend requests, we want to beat your scores. :)

Very nice!
(and free for me, thanks Zen Studios)

Will there be new tables in the near future?

Bobby Loertscher 4 December, 2013 @ 2:54 pm

Yes! Dr. Strange will be a new table available at launch and we’ll continue to add more as time goes on :)

AbandonedTrolley 4 December, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   10

Great to see this, loved it on PS3 and Vita, will look forward to checking out the 3D function on PS4. Have to say that Trine 2 really showed what can be done with the extra power when working on 3D effects. Hopefully you’ve made use of it all too! :)

AgentChaos 4 December, 2013 @ 2:42 pm   11

Fantastic! Good work, Zen. This is how it should be done :) Here’s hoping that the other PS3/Vita tables will be ported too, especially the brilliant Mars.

It’s a shame other studios are slow to follow your lead.

Bobby Loertscher 4 December, 2013 @ 2:55 pm

As for the previously released tables, this is all we plan to bring to PS4, just new tables from here on out.

great buth lots good tabels of ps3/ps vita not in list .

GANTZn00b 4 December, 2013 @ 2:52 pm   13

will PS4 version support stereoscopic 3D? it makes the pinbal almost as playing a real one , thx for the good pinball game either way :D

StefNighthawk 4 December, 2013 @ 2:53 pm   14

Hoorray, finally a PS4 game that supports stereovision

StefNighthawk 4 December, 2013 @ 2:53 pm   15

*stereoscopic 3D
aargh missing edit button

StefNighthawk 4 December, 2013 @ 2:56 pm   16

Sad that the DS4 does not have an analogue X button, the PS3 version used it very well.
Are you using the touchpad for a more gentle pull on the launcher?

As your answering questions, is my hope of Disney pinball totally misplaced?

Just thinking that marvel + star wars = disney ;)

Bobby Loertscher 4 December, 2013 @ 3:06 pm

No Disney tables planned at the moment, but only because we’re busy with other things. Never say never :)

rpeacock121 4 December, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   18

if you can do it to these games why can you just put games i bourth on the ps3 to ps4 surely it not hard as this is an example errrr dam you sony

ShadowRDM 4 December, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   19

Great work guys, looking forward to playing these tables on my PS4.

Hope to get many more tables in the future :)

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! :)

Thanks, Zen, for not only giving us probably the best pinball game around, but giving us a FREE version on every new console PlayStation has launched!

I’ll continue supporting you guys as long as you continue being AMAZEBALLS!

MonsterRacer 4 December, 2013 @ 3:38 pm   21

I own all the tables on PS3/Vita so this is great!!!

Only thing, I hope you reconsider to bring all previous PS3/Vita tables to the PS4.

Bobby Loertscher 4 December, 2013 @ 4:52 pm

Sorry, the ones listed are the only previously released tables that we could bring to PS4.

TehPhilosopher 4 December, 2013 @ 3:45 pm   22

Really enjoyed Zen Pinball on PS3, and at this price it’s a no-brainer on PS4. Great to see you’re offering backwards compatibility as well.

thanks a lot zen studio, i was confident that would you let us download on our ps4 for free, very good news.

Semblano75 4 December, 2013 @ 4:00 pm   24

You Rock ZEN Studios, this Is why I have almost all your tables, we know you never cheat us, I was talking to a fried last week about if we would had our PS3/Vita Tables available and PS4 and I said I bet those guys on ZEN will do it crossbuy).
Keep sending new tables because for sure I will keep buying them :)

Great news as I have bought all your tables. I just hope the new trophies will be a little easier…

grasstust 4 December, 2013 @ 4:38 pm   26

Excellent news!

Will you use any of the new Dual Shock 4 features for gameplay?
I have a suggestion – swipe downwards on the touchpard and let go to fire the ball at starting point.

ZEN-TASTIC!!! News!!! :P

Any chance of a sale on some of you older tables? Like the ones not Star Wars?

I got all Star Wars, the 4 original Marvel tables + a random few individual tables, would love to be able to afford them all.

Will this be a permanent backward compatibility, for I don’t have a PS4 yet and actually not planning on getting one in the foreseeable (more like: mid to end 2014) future?

Scubafinch 4 December, 2013 @ 8:58 pm   30

Fantastic news from an awesome developer. Thanks for not making us buy the tables all over again! Keep up the great work.

Literally gobsmacked by how great zen studios is. I only need to buy the other star wars pack and 3 single tables but i will now buy these on tje basis of this. I wanted them anyway but they deaerve my money!!!

A lot of other devs could learn off this, this is true respect for the end user!!!

sixxdogg68 5 December, 2013 @ 7:46 am   32

That is fantastic news!! As an owner of everything you guys have released all I can say thank you for this!! Greatly appreciated.

Santa Claus compared to you looks like a greedy man, you guys just keep on giving and giving. Let’s celebrate the Zenday Holiday already!! Thank you for this Zenstudios.

theStoneSkull 6 December, 2013 @ 5:12 pm   34

I hope within all the star wars, marvel and other brands, there will still be future unique tables like mars, epic quest and sorcerer’s lair.

So, rumour has it that The Pinball Arcade will also be released relatively soon. Are we really going to see two pinball games released on the PS4 in quick succession?

I hope so, I don’t really want to have to wait for either of these titles… the release schedule is looking pretty sparse from here on out, so let’s hope there’s a bit more hidden up sony’s sleeve.