Posted 5 December

The 12 deals of Christmas – deal 3

It’s time to unwrap the latest present in the 12 Deals of Christmas extravaganza!

Get your crash helmets on and guns at the ready for huge savings on F1 2013 and Metal Gear Solid HD collection! These offers will go live on Thursday 5th December and last for 48 hours so don’t delay!

Don’t forget, if you want us to email you a notification of the latest deal then opt in here. Enjoy!

Deal 3:

F1 2013 (PS3)
Was €59.99/AU$89.95/£39.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£15.99
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita)
Was €29.99/AU$43.95/£23.99, now €14.99/AU$21.95/£11.99

SD: Was €3.99, now €0.99
HD: Was €4.99, now €1.99

Spain:
First Knight
SD: Was €1.99, now €0.99
HD: Was €2.99, now €1.99

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

108 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

Bahamut_MW 5 December, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   1

@Chris
The plus discount for gravity rush spy pack is missing. Can u take a look at it? =)

Can we expect some digital-only PS3 titles to be in the 12 deals of Christmas or is only for games that are available on disc as well as digital?

ForcyCMLT98 5 December, 2013 @ 12:04 pm   3

The vita deal is a total let down as the game has been part of the igc :(

DarkArchoNx66 5 December, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   5

The important thing is not getting your hopes up. Either way it’s early to expect anything remarkable.

MGS for the Vita?? why? it was on IGC just a few months ago. 9 sales to go, i hope it gets much better it’s been disapointing so far.

Dark_Overlord 5 December, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   7

On the third fail of xmas Sony gave to me F1 two thousand and thiiiiiiiirteeeeen

Seriously these deals are terrible :/

Jawad Ashraf 5 December, 2013 @ 12:11 pm

We’re not even half way. The end will have some people sing a different song.

Graeme121285 5 December, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   8

Woooo awesome. These deals are killing my wallet

That’s actually a very good price for F1 2013. Best I can remember elsewhere was £23.

Not interested though and I already have MGSHDC. Well, see you again in 2 days!

CreditDue 5 December, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   10

That’s a very tempting deal for F1 2013. But I’m probably gonna hold out and hope for something better, like Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition or Assassins Creed Black Flag

That’s a nice discount on F1 2013. Might get it to wipe my tears after cancelling my GT6 pre-order after yesterday disgusting credits pricing.

Please discount Persona 4 Golden next. Or whenever you want. Just do it please.

PanaSlayer 5 December, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   12

Already own MGS HD Vita and don’t really care about the F1 game!!!

Thanks for helping me save my money, guys!!! :-D

(I did buy Spelunky the other day though, that was well worth it!!! )

vectormatic 5 December, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   13

@hayzink

Indeed, anyone that has been a PS+ sub for the past year will already have MGS.

F1 2013 looks like a decent discount, but the classics DLC isnt discounted, so ends up costing nearly as much as the game itself (and personally, the classics stuff is why i’d be interested in the first place)

So, 3×2 offers down, nothing that grabs my fancy so far.

When I rent Star Trek from the german store, will I be able to watch in English? Or just german audio?

Decent deal on MGS for those who are new to Plus or aren’t members. I won’t be buying it as I’d rather pay a few quid more for a physical copy so it has resale value but looking forward to what else this sale turns up.

I agree with hayzink. I was hoping for P4G, Blazblue or UMvC3. To be honest it has been a long time since the Vita had a decent release.

@Jawad: but the end is so far away! why save all the good deals to the end? it’s a bit sadistic =P

StarmanUK 5 December, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   18

Hopefully we’ll see a nice discounted PS+ 12month subscription like last year :D

thomascwebb 5 December, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   19

Can we ever get some deal on Madden? I don’t know why it is ignored so much in this country. Hardly any sports games on PS Plus, and they are usually ignored in the sales too :(.

Hoping for some PS4 deals too…

thomascwebb 5 December, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   20

By country I mean region :D

Graeme121285 5 December, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   21

Saving all the best deals to the end is common practice. They are gearing us up which is good. Liked all deals so far. Bought 2 out of the 3. Keep it up

@Jawad
The end will have some people sing a different song.

If P4G is part of the end, you’ll win.
Otherwise I’m not so sure. Or is it planned that we see for the first time huge AAA games for a similar price to the $5-8 that we see regularly in the USA?

homer_snake 5 December, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   23

You said there’s something for everyone!Like last year that there was nothing for me?
PS:I would like a hack & slash game :P

Panos_GRE 5 December, 2013 @ 12:26 pm   24

Jawad, I’d rather sing a different song sooner than later. Next week the PS4 launches where I live, so I hope that Saturday will be the day to see something of great demand for the Vita such as P4G or The Walking Dead :)

Not expecting too much though honestly.

DarkArchoNx66 5 December, 2013 @ 12:27 pm   25

And when the time comes props will be given, accordingly.. I don’t believe anyone is looking for a hand out, just some sensible digital prices whatever those are supposed to be.

solid_sammy 5 December, 2013 @ 12:27 pm   26

Persona 4 The Golden for Vita please !!!

evilwitch83 5 December, 2013 @ 12:37 pm   27

@Jawad
The end will have some people sing a different song.

So will the games at the end have a 50% plus discount like the US regularly get? Now that we lost our 3rd ps3 game when SCEA didn’t, you could at least make our sales as good as SCEAs sales.

Jawad – will there be a Xmas sale at the end of the 12 deals? I can’t remember if there was a separate sale last year.

Silly question… mostly because of the small amount of content available so far, but are we likely to see anything PS4 in these deals?

@28

The Christmas sale will come after 12 deals

PIREDERAS 5 December, 2013 @ 12:44 pm   31

3rd Christmas Deal, still nothing for me. I already have MGS Vita, due to PS Plus. I expect something better for future Deals. Like, Rayman Legends ^_^

KobayashiEQ 5 December, 2013 @ 12:48 pm   32

All I want is the ability to enter my playstation plus code. Any update on that?

alcibiades4291 5 December, 2013 @ 12:48 pm   33

Is the Metal Gear HD games cross-play? So will I be able to continue my PS3 save on my Vita?

mclarenfan007 5 December, 2013 @ 12:48 pm   34

What time do these deals start?

Sorry this is unrelated but I’m gonna post this here as it’s bugging the budgie out of me.

Still can’t play Rainbow Moon on the Vita. Was able to buy it on the browser based PSN store but I can’t access it from there on my Vita. The unlock key isn’t appearing in my “Download List” either. Would be awesome to get it by tomorrow as I have a long bus journey and the game seems pretty awesome judging by the trial. Danka

@29
They said at the beginning of the sale it would be one PS3 and one Vita title in each deal, i.e. no PS4 content.

I’m very tempted by F1 2013 but with GT6 out tomorrow I’m going to have to give it a miss.

woodypride 5 December, 2013 @ 12:51 pm   37

Would be great if you could sell the Last of Us at the same price !

Shinobi-vs-Gast 5 December, 2013 @ 12:53 pm   38

I hope the Last of Us will be included.

TehPunizher 5 December, 2013 @ 12:58 pm   39

my Bank Manager ( and wife ) thanks you SONY, nothing to spend money on :P

Just because you own the game already doesn’t make it a bad deal. I’m three for three on the Vita games so far (and as yet have no interest in the PS3 deals) but that doesn’t mean we’re getting a bum deal by being offered FIFA 14, Spelunky and MGS at reduced prices.

That being said, can we get any news on the Terraria release? Will it appear next week now that Rainbow Moon has had its moment to shine and we’re not in the position of choosing between the two and therefore harming potential profits?

PHEEliNUX 5 December, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   41

I missed MGS HD on that one month where i didn’t renew my Plus
I don’t own a Vita anyway though

Klaus9090 5 December, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   42

I hoped there would be some Playstation exclusives… :(

#30 – hayzink

Thanks :)

Futureshark 5 December, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   44

Well as I missed it on PS+ I’m very happy to get MGS HD for my VITA, thanks very much!

I’m crossing my fingers for
Lone Survivor
Tearaway (unlikely I know)
Machinerium
Walking Dead Season 1
Jet Set Radio
Lumines
Thomas Was Alone
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Proteus
and of course the one everyone wants – PERSONA 4 GOLDEN!!!

Can you please add Call Of Duty : Ghosts or The last of Us or GT6 to the sale , or Splinter cell : Black list to the sale … thats when I’ll sing another song :D :D

Nothing to spend my money on.
The plus discount for gravity rush spy pack is not showing up (I know it’s only a few cents difference but hell, why pay more?)

alice_push_lara2 5 December, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   47

last December we had Journey+Unfinished Swan bundle for AUD14, that was by far the best deal on PS store history.
I would love to see something similar this year :)

You know these deals are bad so why put them up? I’d rather have 3-4 really good deals than 10 poor and 2 ok. Quality of quantity should have been the focus. I reckon I’ll come out the end with nothing.

Let’s be honest here, what everyone wants on the vita are the big 4 RPG quartet, Atelier Totori, Meruru, Dragon’s Crown and Persona 4 Golden on sale, cause they never been on sale in EU while the US has gotten them on sale at some point.

chrisboers 5 December, 2013 @ 1:34 pm   50

Wow, F1 2013 is actually a much better deal than I had expected to see in the entire 12 deals this month. I’m not a great fan of the genre, but for those that are, this is a GOOD deal. Even a lot better than current retail-prices, and a recent game too.

Load all