Posted 12:00pm

The 12 deals of Christmas – deal 3

It’s time to unwrap the latest present in the 12 Deals of Christmas extravaganza!

Get your crash helmets on and guns at the ready for huge savings on F1 2013 and Metal Gear Solid HD collection! These offers will go live on Thursday 5th December and last for 48 hours so don’t delay!

Don’t forget, if you want us to email you a notification of the latest deal then opt in here. Enjoy!

Deal 3:

F1 2013 (PS3)
Was €59.99/AU$89.95/£39.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£15.99
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita)
Was €29.99/AU$43.95/£23.99, now €14.99/AU$21.95/£11.99

SD: Was €3.99, now €0.99
HD: Was €4.99, now €1.99

Spain:
First Knight
SD: Was €1.99, now €0.99
HD: Was €2.99, now €1.99

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

108 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

Bahamut_MW 5 December, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   1

@Chris
The plus discount for gravity rush spy pack is missing. Can u take a look at it? =)

Can we expect some digital-only PS3 titles to be in the 12 deals of Christmas or is only for games that are available on disc as well as digital?

ForcyCMLT98 5 December, 2013 @ 12:04 pm   3

The vita deal is a total let down as the game has been part of the igc :(

DarkArchoNx66 5 December, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   5

The important thing is not getting your hopes up. Either way it’s early to expect anything remarkable.

MGS for the Vita?? why? it was on IGC just a few months ago. 9 sales to go, i hope it gets much better it’s been disapointing so far.

Dark_Overlord 5 December, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   7

On the third fail of xmas Sony gave to me F1 two thousand and thiiiiiiiirteeeeen

Seriously these deals are terrible :/

Jawad Ashraf 5 December, 2013 @ 12:11 pm

We’re not even half way. The end will have some people sing a different song.

Graeme121285 5 December, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   8

Woooo awesome. These deals are killing my wallet

That’s actually a very good price for F1 2013. Best I can remember elsewhere was £23.

Not interested though and I already have MGSHDC. Well, see you again in 2 days!

CreditDue 5 December, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   10

That’s a very tempting deal for F1 2013. But I’m probably gonna hold out and hope for something better, like Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition or Assassins Creed Black Flag

That’s a nice discount on F1 2013. Might get it to wipe my tears after cancelling my GT6 pre-order after yesterday disgusting credits pricing.

Please discount Persona 4 Golden next. Or whenever you want. Just do it please.

PanaSlayer 5 December, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   12

Already own MGS HD Vita and don’t really care about the F1 game!!!

Thanks for helping me save my money, guys!!! :-D

(I did buy Spelunky the other day though, that was well worth it!!! )

vectormatic 5 December, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   13

@hayzink

Indeed, anyone that has been a PS+ sub for the past year will already have MGS.

F1 2013 looks like a decent discount, but the classics DLC isnt discounted, so ends up costing nearly as much as the game itself (and personally, the classics stuff is why i’d be interested in the first place)

So, 3×2 offers down, nothing that grabs my fancy so far.

When I rent Star Trek from the german store, will I be able to watch in English? Or just german audio?

Decent deal on MGS for those who are new to Plus or aren’t members. I won’t be buying it as I’d rather pay a few quid more for a physical copy so it has resale value but looking forward to what else this sale turns up.

I agree with hayzink. I was hoping for P4G, Blazblue or UMvC3. To be honest it has been a long time since the Vita had a decent release.

@Jawad: but the end is so far away! why save all the good deals to the end? it’s a bit sadistic =P

StarmanUK 5 December, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   18

Hopefully we’ll see a nice discounted PS+ 12month subscription like last year :D

thomascwebb 5 December, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   19

Can we ever get some deal on Madden? I don’t know why it is ignored so much in this country. Hardly any sports games on PS Plus, and they are usually ignored in the sales too :(.

Hoping for some PS4 deals too…

thomascwebb 5 December, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   20

By country I mean region :D

Graeme121285 5 December, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   21

Saving all the best deals to the end is common practice. They are gearing us up which is good. Liked all deals so far. Bought 2 out of the 3. Keep it up

@Jawad
The end will have some people sing a different song.

If P4G is part of the end, you’ll win.
Otherwise I’m not so sure. Or is it planned that we see for the first time huge AAA games for a similar price to the $5-8 that we see regularly in the USA?

homer_snake 5 December, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   23

You said there’s something for everyone!Like last year that there was nothing for me?
PS:I would like a hack & slash game :P

Panos_GRE 5 December, 2013 @ 12:26 pm   24

Jawad, I’d rather sing a different song sooner than later. Next week the PS4 launches where I live, so I hope that Saturday will be the day to see something of great demand for the Vita such as P4G or The Walking Dead :)

Not expecting too much though honestly.

DarkArchoNx66 5 December, 2013 @ 12:27 pm   25

And when the time comes props will be given, accordingly.. I don’t believe anyone is looking for a hand out, just some sensible digital prices whatever those are supposed to be.

solid_sammy 5 December, 2013 @ 12:27 pm   26

Persona 4 The Golden for Vita please !!!

evilwitch83 5 December, 2013 @ 12:37 pm   27

@Jawad
The end will have some people sing a different song.

So will the games at the end have a 50% plus discount like the US regularly get? Now that we lost our 3rd ps3 game when SCEA didn’t, you could at least make our sales as good as SCEAs sales.

Jawad – will there be a Xmas sale at the end of the 12 deals? I can’t remember if there was a separate sale last year.

Silly question… mostly because of the small amount of content available so far, but are we likely to see anything PS4 in these deals?

@28

The Christmas sale will come after 12 deals

PIREDERAS 5 December, 2013 @ 12:44 pm   31

3rd Christmas Deal, still nothing for me. I already have MGS Vita, due to PS Plus. I expect something better for future Deals. Like, Rayman Legends ^_^

KobayashiEQ 5 December, 2013 @ 12:48 pm   32

All I want is the ability to enter my playstation plus code. Any update on that?

alcibiades4291 5 December, 2013 @ 12:48 pm   33

Is the Metal Gear HD games cross-play? So will I be able to continue my PS3 save on my Vita?

mclarenfan007 5 December, 2013 @ 12:48 pm   34

What time do these deals start?

Sorry this is unrelated but I’m gonna post this here as it’s bugging the budgie out of me.

Still can’t play Rainbow Moon on the Vita. Was able to buy it on the browser based PSN store but I can’t access it from there on my Vita. The unlock key isn’t appearing in my “Download List” either. Would be awesome to get it by tomorrow as I have a long bus journey and the game seems pretty awesome judging by the trial. Danka

@29
They said at the beginning of the sale it would be one PS3 and one Vita title in each deal, i.e. no PS4 content.

I’m very tempted by F1 2013 but with GT6 out tomorrow I’m going to have to give it a miss.

woodypride 5 December, 2013 @ 12:51 pm   37

Would be great if you could sell the Last of Us at the same price !

Shinobi-vs-Gast 5 December, 2013 @ 12:53 pm   38

I hope the Last of Us will be included.

TehPunizher 5 December, 2013 @ 12:58 pm   39

my Bank Manager ( and wife ) thanks you SONY, nothing to spend money on :P

Just because you own the game already doesn’t make it a bad deal. I’m three for three on the Vita games so far (and as yet have no interest in the PS3 deals) but that doesn’t mean we’re getting a bum deal by being offered FIFA 14, Spelunky and MGS at reduced prices.

That being said, can we get any news on the Terraria release? Will it appear next week now that Rainbow Moon has had its moment to shine and we’re not in the position of choosing between the two and therefore harming potential profits?

PHEEliNUX 5 December, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   41

I missed MGS HD on that one month where i didn’t renew my Plus
I don’t own a Vita anyway though

Klaus9090 5 December, 2013 @ 1:05 pm   42

I hoped there would be some Playstation exclusives… :(

#30 – hayzink

Thanks :)

Futureshark 5 December, 2013 @ 1:09 pm   44

Well as I missed it on PS+ I’m very happy to get MGS HD for my VITA, thanks very much!

I’m crossing my fingers for
Lone Survivor
Tearaway (unlikely I know)
Machinerium
Walking Dead Season 1
Jet Set Radio
Lumines
Thomas Was Alone
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Proteus
and of course the one everyone wants – PERSONA 4 GOLDEN!!!

Can you please add Call Of Duty : Ghosts or The last of Us or GT6 to the sale , or Splinter cell : Black list to the sale … thats when I’ll sing another song :D :D

Nothing to spend my money on.
The plus discount for gravity rush spy pack is not showing up (I know it’s only a few cents difference but hell, why pay more?)

alice_push_lara2 5 December, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   47

last December we had Journey+Unfinished Swan bundle for AUD14, that was by far the best deal on PS store history.
I would love to see something similar this year :)

You know these deals are bad so why put them up? I’d rather have 3-4 really good deals than 10 poor and 2 ok. Quality of quantity should have been the focus. I reckon I’ll come out the end with nothing.

Let’s be honest here, what everyone wants on the vita are the big 4 RPG quartet, Atelier Totori, Meruru, Dragon’s Crown and Persona 4 Golden on sale, cause they never been on sale in EU while the US has gotten them on sale at some point.

chrisboers 5 December, 2013 @ 1:34 pm   50

Wow, F1 2013 is actually a much better deal than I had expected to see in the entire 12 deals this month. I’m not a great fan of the genre, but for those that are, this is a GOOD deal. Even a lot better than current retail-prices, and a recent game too.

Voodoo341 5 December, 2013 @ 1:39 pm   51

SCEE need show they can compete with Valve and Steam. These sales show they simply can’t compete. They need to start very soon or the Steam Box will clean the floor with SCEE.

dark_angel69 5 December, 2013 @ 1:41 pm   52

I was hoping for something good until my PS4 arrives. :( The wait for PS4 is killing me!!!!!!! Can’t believe my bad luck being told I’d get day one and then the next I wont get until 2 – 3 weeks after launch. :( Need some decent games quickly to play until PS4 cos I’m going out of my mind!

TheBusterMan 5 December, 2013 @ 1:42 pm   53

Didn’t know Metal Gear Solid collection was on PS Plus IGC,must of joined late.You can get a physical copy for around £11,too.Also no Peace Walker in the Vita version.Can you buy these seperately on offer? Wouldn’t mind MGS 3.Also,Sony,why don’t you tell us the deals that are coming? I’d like to know if P4G will be discounted (hopes aren’t high!)

odyhunter 5 December, 2013 @ 1:43 pm   54

Persona 4 Golden will be good for Xmas :)

SwingerE11 5 December, 2013 @ 1:44 pm   55

I really want to know what are the next 9 deals.
The 1st 3 are dissappointing for me.
I wanna see a game on vita that’s never been on sale before or on the igc.

@SwingerE11
Spelunky was never before on sale or the IGC. And it is an excellent game, it has a Metacritic rating of 88%.
If you were disappointed by that, it is just your personal taste, not the fault of SCEE.

The price was just the usual mildly exciting 55% SCEE discount, true.

SCEE must have some “scientific” data that says that Europeans are different to the rest of the world and that revenue is maximized with far higher prices than on Steam or SCEA.
Or someone didn’t tell them that smart people usually just shop elsewhere if they fail to compete.

KaiserMEX 5 December, 2013 @ 1:58 pm   57

Ka-ching! Finally a little bit of love for us motorheads! Count me in for this deal!

Mardolina 5 December, 2013 @ 2:05 pm   58

Still no PS+ discount for Spy Mission Pack! What do you announce it for then? :-/

The price for f1 is really good so don’t get why people are saying its not.

I also thought console games were generally £10 more than there PC counterparts (retail titles) so would PC sales not always be a little better on them and for some reason all Indies seem to come with a console tax and we pay more so again sale prices won’t be as good as steam!

Not saying its right its just how it is.

GrytEcHoG 5 December, 2013 @ 2:43 pm   60

@Jawad,

Gravity Rush: Spy Mission pack came back to store but missing PS+ discount like others. Please fix that.

Put Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on sale !!

Nightmare966 5 December, 2013 @ 3:07 pm   62

@Esen: You just got it off my head… :P

Let’s hope it’s one of those end cracking sales!

What would make me happy would be discounts for PS Vita exclusives. Metal Gear Solid HD is good and all but I’ve already played all of them. Crossing fingers for P4 Golden.

Also a PS+ discount would be great. USA got a year for 30 dollars on black Friday.

Curried-Cat 5 December, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   64

Thanks for the discounts. You’d think you’ve just held their cat hostage or put up the games prices by looking at most of these comments. You try and do something nice…

SuperSaiyan4 5 December, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   65

I’m sorry but these deals are absolute trash!! Way worse than the deals Microsoft gave on the 360. I switched to Playstation expecting a far better deal on games etc.

Formula game??? Ugh next!

O1d8oy_23 5 December, 2013 @ 4:03 pm   67

I hope Dragon’s Crown will be in one of the deals :P

POPTJ47uk 5 December, 2013 @ 4:23 pm   68

MGS HD Collection was FREE for Vita in PS Plus some time back. At that time, I was hoping they cud hav given the PS3 version Free too! Now atleast u cud hav put up the PS3 version for Sale instead of giving the same thing – this time for money!

@35 I had the same trouble, delete it from the Vita, go to store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ and send the correct version to your Vita. Turn the Vita on and off and it should auto download.

First Grid 2 on Plus, now F1 2013 for just €20 or so, I’m really worried about Codemasters…Hope to see Grid 3 on PS4 in a year or two!

fps_d0minat0r 5 December, 2013 @ 6:34 pm   71

Good price but F1 is boring.

Bovrillor 5 December, 2013 @ 6:38 pm   72

I see a lot of people clamouring for The Walking Dead.

Seriously guys, it ain’t great. I have it on the PS3 – it’s laggy, short, there’s some really tedious parts and if you play it more than once you realise there’s actually no freedom of choice at all.

Money best spent elsewhere unless you want to watch a jerky, slightly interactive movie.

Luna_Quin 5 December, 2013 @ 7:06 pm   73

Off topic, but thanks for adding the spy mission pack for Gravity Rush, however it`s missing the ps+ discount.

Don`t mean to be petty, be I happen to have exactly €4.44 in my store wallet and was hoping to pick up 2 of those ;P

TehPunizher 5 December, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   74

@ThugETH that worked for me thanks!

Dungmsteph 5 December, 2013 @ 8:42 pm   75

Love these “deals” where after discount the game is still more expensive than a physical copy… Only good deal so far was Spelunky, great game and it’s digital only so you don’t have much choice anyway

nakano1987 5 December, 2013 @ 8:46 pm   76

If I get any AA/AAA titles, they should definitely be less than 20€. USA got crazy deals like Ni No Kuni for $14 (and if you’re on Plus, it’s less than $10). Well my could-buy-on-right-price list includes:
* Dragon’s Crown
* Tales of Xillia
* Diablo III (this deal was already and price point wasn’t for me)
* Puppeteer (for max. 15€)

There are some indie titles, I might also pick up:
* Atomic Ninjas
* CubixxHD
* Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: the Game

My God… Talk about disappointment. It’d be hard for me to make a worse sale even if I tried. And we’re already 25% into the sale…

HitchJagram 5 December, 2013 @ 11:14 pm   78

So PS4 people just get burned on these christmas deals?

Dungmsteph 5 December, 2013 @ 11:27 pm   79

I agree, most disappointing sale ever… I mean, people are not asking for unrealistic discounts… but these discounts of 50% on a 120% over-inflated price is almost insulting

Like Diablo 3 initial price of $100… really? Never heard anyone stupid enough to buy it at this price

MGS HD Vita can be had new for for less than $20 in Australia (at Blockbuster)

Stop teasing people with “the better deals are still to come”… looks like lot of people will be very disappointed!

SoulZedge 6 December, 2013 @ 12:15 am   80

I am waiting for Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F, £ 37.99 is just far to expensive, I would of picked it up as soon as it came out if it was just £13 cheaper and to me that’s a digital premium I would not normally bother with, I am used to paying £10 or less via steam for the titles I want, but I really want to get my Miku fix, so a sale even at the mentioned £13 off price point would sell it to me. SCEE and Sega make it happen! please…. pwetty pwease ;)

First Spelunky and now MGS. These are some good sales, no complaints from me. :) Any chance we’ll see any PSP/PsOne games on sale?

Not bad, but nothing I’d buy as I already own the MGS set. I’m just gutted that I missed 2 free Vita games, can’t believe they started the promo the week of the PS4, I was kind of busy then, lol.

Snuppedupen 6 December, 2013 @ 6:16 am   83

“The end will have some people sing a different song.”

It sounds promising ! my ears are ready ;D

I expect PS3 discounts on Splinter Cell Blacklist (quite sure for this one) – Dragon’s Crown (hope so) and finally a -50% Rayman Legends.

Wait & see.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO :( .. I missed Spelunky!! I was going to buy it yesterday. in the morning before going to a meeting with my tutor it was still discounted (PS+ xtra 10% was gone though) but then when I got home and wanted to give my self a present because the meeting went so well I found out it wasn’t discounted anymore .. I had 9 euro on my account spelunky for 7 would have been epic! … God I wish they would discount P4G .. I want that game SOO bad but the price is simply too steep for me. No matter how good the game is right now, I simply can’t spend more! 600eu TV, 500eu PS4 megabundle, 65eu BF4 (did not get preorder bonus content because retailer did not get those?!) 200eu VITA KZ bundle, 2x20eu PSN credit, 15 eu PS+.

SONY You’re killing me

love190895 6 December, 2013 @ 7:40 am   85

Just because you own the game already doesn’t make it a bad deal.http://twitterbusinessinaboxreview.com/.I’m three for three on the Vita games so far (and as yet have no interest in the PS3 deals) but that doesn’t mean we’re getting a bum deal by being offered FIFA 14, Spelunky and MGS at reduced prices.

“…sing a different song”?… Was that a hint that we might be seeing Hatsune Miku soon? Because that would be awesome deal. ;)

Gravity Rush Spy dlc is back in store, but Plus discount is still missing. 12 Deals of Christmas icon in Vita store is great addition, hopefully we’ll see other sales icons in future! Easier navigation in Vita store would be welcome, right now it’s easier to use PS3…

Pretty good deals this far, nothing for me but I can wait. :)

Jawad Ashraf 6 December, 2013 @ 9:48 am

Sorry for the delay on Spy Mission! Promise to sort it today!

And no, that wasn’t an intentional hint but I guess you could take it as one. I have left another hint before, too…

Shou_Kobayashi 6 December, 2013 @ 10:40 am   87

So far there are no deals for me, maybe later down the road and hopefully for a VERY good price … :)

MarsNielson 6 December, 2013 @ 11:20 am   88

How about Saint’s Row IV?

Panos_GRE 6 December, 2013 @ 11:29 am   89

@Bovrillor

That’s why I want the Walking Dead discounted. It’s a good interactive story although it has it’s problems, so I would be willing to pay 10€ for it but not one cent more. On the PS Vita that is.

People like me who will be getting a PS4 as soon as possible are not really interested in PS3 games anymore, so having good Vita sales is money better spent for us. I can’t see myself going back to the PS3 after experiencing the games on the PS4, but I can always play on my Vita.

@stathmos

Codemasters are having problems right now. People are losing their jobs in that company. I don’t think they will be able to hold the F1 license for much longer and I don’t think they can make a proper next gen F1 game right now.

Jawad, why can’t we have the list of games to be discounted in advance so we know what to expect? That way people can save for what they want and loosen up with the complaints.

Where is Chris by the way? Just curious as its usually post authors that reply to comments.

@jawad

Where is this other hint?

I checked the store update post and all the 12 deals posts and there’s nothing :(

So no PS4 deals, but any chance of any of the PS3 upgradable to PS4 for £10 games coming? I’d bite for a cheapish copy of AC4 or BF4 on PS3 which I could upgrade to PS4 :)

@hayzink

There was few vague hints at least at Weekend Deals. :)

“Posted on 6 December, 2013 at 9:48 am by Jawad Ashraf
Sorry for the delay on Spy Mission! Promise to sort it today!”
Still no bonus for PS+…

leoPaz1212 6 December, 2013 @ 5:47 pm   95

Tokio jungle, DMC, MÁx PAyne and Tomb Raider deals please! and 3 plus games like usa!

SuperSaiyan4 6 December, 2013 @ 7:33 pm   96

Still waiting on a fix for surround sound not working for movies purchased or rented from PSN on the PS4! Using optical and movies refuse to play in 5.1 even though 5.1 is selected! Works fine for Blu-ray movies and games.

Feel kinda ripped off having rented 2 movies and only getting stereo!

Also instead of waiting till near the end for us to be singing a different tune how about giving us REAL Xmas discounts and offers?

Personally Id be happy with a damn fix for the surround sound issue.

So will new games be announced at 0:00 tonight? How does this work .. I’m pretty sad I missed spelunky really wanted that but 15 euro is too steep, just bought another 20euro of PSN credit (realized I’m almost out of PS+ anyway) Really hope the next game is around 13/14eu with the discount because I will only have that much left after getting 3 months of PS+

Anyway .. I don’t get the hate. Spelunky is supposed to be awesome .. if you had it free for IGC you shou;n’d complain at all many people like me did not get it and would love to have it.

IT would be awesome if P4G would get a crazy discount (PLEASE let that be the next one XD) or maybe dragons crown, soul sacrifice .. REALLY desperately need a good RPG for my PSv and a strategy game unfortunately the PSv hasn’t got a SINGLE decent strategy game

TIP … Sid Meiers CIVILIZATION ON VITA .. !!! I’ve been saying this from the day I have had my VITA .. we REALLY need a civilization on VITA .. just port a PC version not a gimped fake version. Hundreds of hours of fun right there ..

BigBoyBanksy 7 December, 2013 @ 10:44 am   98

I got an email saying that Need for Speed Rivals is 57% today for ps3, guess the cats out of the bag for one of today’s deals.

CreditDue 7 December, 2013 @ 10:58 am   99

Really? Another racing game?

DarkArchoNx66 7 December, 2013 @ 11:20 am   100

Let’s wait before starting singing.

When I saw the comment saying its NFS rivals I thought great buy it discounted and upgrade to ps4 however just like Fifa before it you can’t do the ps4 upgrade :( shame on EA.

why do I get a feeling that the hints of some of you will sing another tune …make me thing there will be a singstar or something along those lines stuck in here

It won’t be singstar as the only thing on the store are songs and song packs and they don’t qualify as games more like dlc.

Jawad said there are some heavily requested games in the 12 deals that will make lots of people happy, if that’s the case then persona and twd vita should be in this sale.

Dungmsteph 7 December, 2013 @ 11:47 am   104

About time we find out what deal 4 is… hopefully it is not NFS Rivals at AU$45…

It is NFS and Rayman Legends.

KaioRaven 7 December, 2013 @ 12:04 pm   106

From the French blog:

Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
29,99 euros au lieu de 69,99 euros
Rayman Legends (PS Vita)
14,99 euros au lieu de 34,99 euros
10 % de réduction supplémentaire pour les abonnés PS Plus

So NFS for 30 euro and Rayman for 15, 13,5 if PS+.

KaioRaven 7 December, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   107

My thoughts on this: Why three racing games in a row?

I mean, the PSvita deals have been nice and varied while PS3 gets sports, race, race, race.

You guys pulling an Xbone on us? :D

rixter81 9 December, 2013 @ 1:19 am   108

I can’t believe I missed this one! Gutted.