Posted 3:00pm

PlayStation Store charts, November: PS4 games make their debut!

call fo duty ghosts

It’s time once again to look at back at the past month and see what the movers and shakers were on PlayStation Store. The big news this month – we welcome PS4 to the charts!

The blockbusters were of course out in force in October. Call of Duty Ghosts topped the PS3 chart, but was pipped on PS4 by Battlefield 4. On PS Vita, Media Molecule’s delightful new adventure Tearaway ruled the day. Check out the full charts below, and let me know which games you picked up!

PS3 HDD games:

1. Call of Duty Ghosts (New)
  2. Battlefield 4 (3)
  3. Assassins Creed IV Black Flag (4)
  4. Grand Theft Auto V (1)
  5. FIFA 2014 (2)
  6. Ratchet & Clank: Nexus (New)
  7. Vanquish (RE)
  8. Dead Island (5)
  9. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (New)
  10. WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship (RE)

PS3 PSN games:

1. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (RE)
  2. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD (New)
  3. Beyond Good & Evil HD (RE)
  4. How to Survive (New)
  5. Call of Juarez Gunslinger (RE)
  6. AMY (1)
  7. Terraria (RE)
  8. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (9)
  9. Journey (RE)
  10. SoulCalibur II HD Online (New)

PS Vita games:

1. Tearaway (New)
  2. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (4)
  3. CastleStorm (New)
  4. Muramasa Rebirth (5)
  5. Killzone Mercenary (6)
  6. Super Stardust Delta + Advanced Star Fighter (RE)
  7. WRC 3 FIA World Rally Championship (RE)
  8. Jetpack Joyride (RE)
  9. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (New)
  10. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (New)

PS4 games:

1. Battlefield 4 (New)
  2. EA SPORTS FIFA 14 (New)
  3. Killzone Shadow Fall (New)
  4. Need for Speed Rivals (New)
  5. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (New)
  6. Flower (New)
  7. Call of Duty: Ghosts (New)
  8. Trine 2: Complete Story (New)
  9. Warframe (New)
  10. RESOGUN (New)

PS one and PS2 Classics:

1. Crash Bandicoot (1)
  2. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (3)
  3. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (4)
  4. CTR: Crash Team Racing (5)
  5. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (2)
  6. Final Fantasy VII (7)
  7. Spyro The Dragon Trilogy (8)
  8. Final Fantasy IX (10)
  9. Final Fantasy VIII (9)
  10. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (6)

To find out how the scene differed across the pond, head on over to the North American PlayStation Blog.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

22 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Tearaway stronk

how can resogun only be number 10 has lots of people not bothered redeeming it yet?????

they better hurry as its only on for 1 month if im not mistaken and will be swapped out in december update, get on it guys its a fantastic game.

bought wrc vita in the sale and its great fun and also bought castlestorm to support zen studios as i love them :) turns out its a great game.

@fred do you not have a ps4 yet everytime i do a name request to you it says you cant due to your status and this only seems to happen to people with no ps4, surely you need a free one for research purposes

Fred Dutton 6 December, 2013 @ 3:39 pm

These charts only account for paid downloads – so PS Plus downloads don’t count.

I have various PS4s at my disposal! I’ll get properly set up in the new year and let you all know how/when you can jump in and give me a beating ;)

MaxDiehard 6 December, 2013 @ 3:19 pm   3

@hayzinc

Resogun and Contrast are part of the December update. It stated as much in my PS+ update email.

chrisboers 6 December, 2013 @ 3:20 pm   4

@fred, are these actual sales, or ‘store purchases’? As in: do PS Plus purchases count towards the sales total? If not, that would mean an amazing lot of people bought Resogun even though it is part of PS Plus (indicating they don’t have PS Plus), OR many people didn’t get their free games.

Either way, sad to see Contrast didn’t make the top 10…

Other question: are PS3-PS4 upgrades counted as PS3 sales, PS4 sales, or both?

Fred Dutton 6 December, 2013 @ 3:40 pm

No, PS Plus purchases don’t count. PS3 to PS4 upgrades count as PS3 sales.

residentSteve 6 December, 2013 @ 3:21 pm   5

Killzone shadow fail (it’s my new name for it) at number 3? I must say it’s not my fav game I have it and don’t really it but because came with my ps4 I can’t trade it in its got no barcode.

jorispelgrom 6 December, 2013 @ 3:23 pm   6

Any chacne there’ll ever be a general chart, with all platforms/types combined?

Fred Dutton 6 December, 2013 @ 3:41 pm

Sure, we could consider that. I find it more interesting split up by platform. You disagree?

@ MaxDiehard

december update happened in november (27 and 29th)

jan update will happen 24th of december hence the reason i refer to it as the december update. its just how i have worded it thats all

@chrisboers&hayzink
Plus purchases don’t count. That explains Resogun as 10th and Contrast missing. It’s pretty clear if you reflect on previous months (how many times have you seen IGC games on these charts?).

dylanwiggan 6 December, 2013 @ 3:33 pm   9

Crash takes up the first 4 places on the classics chart. Proof if needed that SOMEONE needs to do something with the franchise *cough* Sony *cough*

A_Nonny_Moose 6 December, 2013 @ 3:50 pm   10

Did you know that in 2010, High Impact Games (a team started by Insomniac and Naughty Dog employees, and who made the PSP Ratchet & Clank spin offs, as well as Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier) were working on Crash Team Racing HD? But Activision pulled the plug.

Someone needs to get that project back on the road. High Impact Games were a good team.

chrisboers 6 December, 2013 @ 3:54 pm   11

@Fred and #8: thanks for clearing that up.

On a side-note (sorry for derailing from the post) PS Plus update for January, is that next week, or the week after? Just wondering…

Btw,Guacamelee is brilliant game! Give it a try if you already haven’t! It’s been a while since game got me so hooked that I platinum’d it asap and had to purchase all the dlc so I could 100% it (I actually did, too). :D

Looking forward rest of 12 Deals of Christmas. I think deals this far have been great, though I haven’t got anything for myself yet. And when do we get update about our Christmas Presents (PS Plus January update)? Even keeping it as secret until Christmas would be fine by me, but I think most of us couldn’t wait that long. ;)

supersmith2500 6 December, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   13

@Fred:
And it will be after or before Christmas?

@Fred Dutton

to re hijack after chris :)

the updates in 2 weeks so when can we expect the heads up post with what we are getting ;)

ra1nfield 6 December, 2013 @ 4:56 pm   15

So when will we see ys: celceta? when will we see this on the PSN? I need for my Vita collection!

bluehunter67 6 December, 2013 @ 7:10 pm   16

Ps4 good very good graphics but sick of battlefeild 4 keeps loosing conection play for 5 then picture shudders then cuts off can anyone help at p/station

Captain9Fingers 7 December, 2013 @ 12:13 am   17

Flower beats call of duty on ps4, has call of duty had its day?

Fred, PS4 downloads of Flower from people that already bought it for the PS3 were counted as sales?

Kruemelsche 7 December, 2013 @ 8:42 am   19

Sorry for hijacking this thread but in relation to Fred’s reply to comment #10 can we assume that the next games on PS Plus are added on the 1st of January and not on December 25th?

@19

Nope, I asked this 2 weeks back as the 1st is a bank holiday in the UK just like the 25th and scee shuts down the office for the season.

Fred said the update will happen before the 25th most likely the 24th could be sooner possibly later but there aiming for the 24th

banacheckfps 9 December, 2013 @ 2:55 am   21

I love Resogun on the PS4 its an excellent game cannot believe its at number 10, if you’ve got a PS4 or getting one soon you need to check it out else you’ll be missing out big time. Good to see Killzone Shadow Fall doing well i love the Killzone games, the multiplayer is excellent i love the different settings (maps).

Immortal-Wolf-- 9 December, 2013 @ 4:02 pm   22

I am very confused why PS4 is out early and why SONY PSN have lied to everyone at E3 conference as I pre ordered my PS4 £250 as E3 said on price menu in british pounds but when the day came to pick it up it was £500 so I told them to GTFOH as why am I paying twice as much for it also PSN PS4 isn’t free to play online need PSN plus to play that’s blackmail if you ask me PS4 is a total failure same as the PS Vita was lacking in giving the gamers what they want not restricting in there gaming world seems like funny stuff in making money from scukkers that sony seem to prove they do every year / PS3 60 GB played PS1 & PS2 games oops take that back bring out PS3 consoles that don’t play them understand the scamming sony they give us. I don’t blame them if no reply to what I just said!