Posted 12:00pm

12 Deals of Christmas – deal #5

Payday 2 Screenshots, 08

Hi everyone! Time for yet another incredible Christmas deal! This discount will go live on Monday 9th December and last for 48 hours.

Don’t forget, if you want us to send you an email notification of the latest deal then opt in here. Enjoy!

Deal 5:

Payday 2 (PS3)
Was €39.99/AU$49.95/£29.99, now €14.99/AU$17.95/£11.99
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus members

Dead or Alive 5 Plus (PS Vita)
Was €39.99/AU$54.95/£34.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£14.99

SD: Was €3.99, now €0.99
HD: Was €4.99, now €1.99

Spain:
Midnight Express
SD: Was €1.99, now €0.99
HD: Was €2.99, now €1.99

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

141 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Dark_Overlord 9 December, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   1

A decent deal o_O shame I already own it, so nothing for me again

Damn it, missed Rayman Legends thanks to a store that was unavailable for more than an hour, online store wasn’t available either. Ah well, guess I won’t be spending my momney then.

Least it’s not a racing game.

Pass, best deal so far was F1 for €20

Dead or Alive 5+ has been that price since Saturday.

cognac-vsop 9 December, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   6

what are the chances of seeing the PS+ 1yr sub being discounted as one of the 12 deals of christmas thing? US got a nice discount on Black Friday would be cool if we got a discount as well..

woodypride 9 December, 2013 @ 12:07 pm   7

Can we hope for a The Last of Us discount or should I send a request to Santa Claus?

Alphaembryo 9 December, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   8

Hint on how to grab my money*:

Rayman Legends: less than 15€**
Diablo III: less than 19€
Grand Theft Auto V: less than 29€
Gran Turismo 6: less than 29€
DuckTales Remastered: less than 6€
Final Fantasy IX: less than 5€
Sonic Generations: less than 9€
The Last of Us: less than 18€
Dead Space 3: less than 18€
F1 2013 classic ver: less than 19€
RESIDENT EVIL 6: less than 9€

*The duration of the offer is limited and may change accordingly in the following months.
**The prices indicate a PSN+ discounted PS3 product.

DoA would’ve been a great deal if only it came with all the DLC

Ohh payday!! Enjoyed the first one very much. And since it looks like I have to wait 2-3 months until the ps4 are available here in Sweden I can just aswell buy it :)

Roland_UK_11 9 December, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   11

Sorry, but I think it is not acceptable how you (Sony) handled the problems in this morning. I added funds to my wallet for Rayman Legends and was unable to buy it thanks to the problems. And you are just moving on to the next deal without even acknowledging the problem?

MissDreamer 9 December, 2013 @ 12:10 pm   12

Nothing for me today so my wallet is happy. :) Great deals though.

There is a planned maintenance today and that’s people can’t sign in to the store.

Roland_UK_11 9 December, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   13

@MissDreamer

Yes, the maintenance is planned for 4PM tonight, the deals were set to run until 12PM today. I tried to sign in from 7AM this morning. I could sign in at the start and add my funds and not since then.

Mizukage-JP 9 December, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   14

Is it safe to buy Assassins Creed Black Flag for PS4? I’m worried that the PS3 version will go on sale (which would then let me upgrade to the PS4 version).

Still 0 deals for me. And still waiting on my money to be added to my account, 11 days and counting. Cant SCEE start singing a different song and offer their customers some service. Wishful thinking i know, but hey its almost Xmas.

Also still waiting on the 2 new evergreen Vita titles but they still dont show up on the store.

CreditDue 9 December, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   16

On it like a car bonnet. Sick deal for Payday 2

For those with a PC, I strongly suggest no to purchase Payday 2 on the PS3. PC version is better, receives more frequent updates and is cheaper.

@Alphaembryo
You are crazy bro. Some of your price “ideas” would be even unrealistic for the PC market, with its wealth of competing stores.

2# You have had 2 day to buy it…. did you really have to wait until it was just 1 hour left?

dark_angel69 9 December, 2013 @ 12:28 pm   20

Very good deal and a very good game. Already have the platinum

DarkArchoNx66 9 December, 2013 @ 12:28 pm   21

A good I suppose for some, but I’ll pass as well. I had the first one (thanks to plus) in my Hd for months, and I ended up deleting it, literally without even completing a single mission.

I’d buy Payday 2 if it was that cheap on Steam

evilwitch83 9 December, 2013 @ 12:29 pm   23

Still nothing for me.

MR_COATES 9 December, 2013 @ 12:30 pm   24

Noooo!

Couldn’t get my order of NFS through on time, store kept playing up for ages.

Dagnammit.

No deals for me this time around, so my wallet thanks you!

Fifa 14 was a great deal for me, as EA sport games never really go down in price until the next installment comes around. Also was glad to see Metal Gear Solid HD collection, as I missed that on PS+ and I love those games.

Going forward, I would love to see The Last of Us (obviously), GTAV (most likely won’t happen at this stage of the life cycle), and Mortal Kombat on the Vita, as I missed that too on PS+ :P.

@RoboAddy
Did you miss the Autmn Sale on Steam at the beginning of December?
Payday 2 was on sale for $13.49 AUD. Don’t fret, it will be on sale again soon during their holiday sales.

Alphaembryo 9 December, 2013 @ 12:38 pm   27

@Golwar

The ”offer” is about how much Im willing to pay, not about what the 12-deals will eventually present.

But in the sake of an argument, what prices do you consider ”crazy” exactly?

Already have doa5 on ps3 and its not exactly great so no chance of me double dipping with that.

Wish I knew if there was even a chance of muramasa happening because if not I’d just pay full price today along with twd vita.

:( .. again no RPG .. but I rated it 5 stars just because it bothers me that people rate it so low only because there isn’t a game discounted they would like to have discounted.

I still really hope we get P4G or another awesome RPG (maybe dragons crown etc) discounted .. so far nothing for me. I was only interested in Spelunky and I missed that deal.

Shinobi-vs-Gast 9 December, 2013 @ 12:41 pm   30

Boring deals, last year deals were so much better.

tony-juice 9 December, 2013 @ 12:42 pm   31

What a CRAPPY service from you SONY.

I CANT log into webstore.
I CANT log into my psn store on vita
I CANT redeem my codes
I CANT pay for the game I want to buy

WHAT ELSE WILL I BE NOT TO ABLE???
(Everything due to your “NWbla bla bla” Error)

Thanks you SONY:(

lol .. PS. I read somewhere earlier about the maintenance but I totally forgot about it! .. I need to buy PS+ in like 2 hours, otherwise I won’t be able to play resogun and or go online. I waited for the next sale because depending on the price of the sale I would have gotten 3 or 1 month (I generally dislike getting a full year at once even though I know it’s cheaper). Went WAY over budget this month so wanted to take it easy XD .. now I probably won’t be able to play resogun or go play online till the maintenance is done

But that’s kinda my own fault .. just wanted to share .. not really complaining or blaming anyone.

I also tried to log on while others were saying there was issues and true enough I could not get on so its hardly there fault they missed it.

People saying that they had 2 days why wait till just before the end to buy, do u not realise they could be waiting on money to come through or any other number of reasons that has made them wait till the end to buy it, at the end of the day why they waited is irrelevant the offer should have still been on and the reason the could not buy it was at Sony’s end so the sale should have been extended by the same amount as the downtime (this goes for last weeks sale also)

@tony-juice i think psn is down due to maintenance,maybe you could excess the store via this website.

Going to save my money for (Hopefully) P4G, Sony please make this happen, alot of poeple same to want this.

evilwitch83 9 December, 2013 @ 12:54 pm   35

@Lt_Combo
I rated it 1 star because of the weak 10% plus discount. We lost a IGC game for PS3 every month when US didn’t, so now I expect to see better plus discounts in sales(25-50%).

@Alphaembryo
I know, yet it is imho pointless to post your wishlist if it has partly 0% chance to become reality.
The most unrealistic was imho Diablo 3. Never ever would Activision Blizzard do that. Probably not even in 2 years from now.

Alphaembryo 9 December, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   37

@Golwar

Diablo 3 might be a longshot, but then again, it’s never a bad thing to raise your voice over overpriced digital releases, and maybe ask for a discount even when it comes to companies like that.

Eventually, it’s their loss if they cant satisfy my needs at a reasonable cost…

Voodoo341 9 December, 2013 @ 1:34 pm   38

The 12 days sale becomes drawn out and laborious after a few days. The items are still expensive even on sale and the choices seem completely random. Chris visit Steam and see how they do a sale. It’s a lot better with a real bargain feel while offering variety of high quality games for everyone. You’ll need to check out the competition soon anyway.

Shame people can’t buy these when the PSN is down…. hours before you stated it would be.

Any Vita JRPGs coming soon like Totori? *crosses fingers*

SwingerE11 9 December, 2013 @ 2:32 pm   41

I’m thinking of getting payday 2, but I wanna know what’s the difference from payday 1? If there’s not much of a difference then I won’t get it.

Any chance of Terraria being on sale or ps plus any time soon? I missed the quick short sale in November.

…yes, and as soon as you can be bothered to fix the store I may be bothered to buy Payday 2. What kind of game network is down all day and _then_ has 7 hours of scheduled maintenance?! Get some IT staff for Christ’s sake.

hopefully this wont be the only sale offer from tecmo koei for the vita… =P right?

Unholy_Light 9 December, 2013 @ 2:45 pm   45

Hi,
Are you planning to add Payday 2 to the IGC in the next few months or is it safe to get it now?

Greetings

BartsBlue 9 December, 2013 @ 2:46 pm   46

Hi Chris,

A positive comment for a change. Thanks for suggestion concerning The Last Of Us – it effectively prevented me from getting it on Amazon. I am now patiently waiting until it shows up here. Also, after some back and forth on wether to buy Rayman: Legends I’ve folded and grabbed the game. THANKS SONY FOR DEPLETING MY WALLET BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

All the best,

Barts

NNJA_Sneaky 9 December, 2013 @ 2:55 pm   47

Im contemplating buying this. Are there going to be any Co-Op games on sale? If so I might just save my money.

ShivaRpgN 9 December, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   48

Please tell me that’s not the only Tecmo Koei game we’re getting from this Christmas deal?

Please tell me we’ll have Dynasty Warriors Next on sale :(

RawNinjaKid 9 December, 2013 @ 3:01 pm   49

Fifth fail of Christmas……………..

CreditDue 9 December, 2013 @ 3:27 pm   50

Anyone else havkng problems connecting to tbe store? It keeps coming with network unavailable. I want to buy Payday 2

Load all