Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:00pm

8 things you need to know about Doki-Doki Universe

Doki Doki Universe, 01

YAY! Doki-Doki Universe is out today for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita on the PlayStation Store. Woohoo!

*Cough cough* Sorry, got a little too excited there.

To get the ultimate Doki-Doki Universe experience, you can download our Limited Edition Mega Awesome Deluxe Bundle (our LEMADB, or Limited Edition for short). This includes all launch content – the story mode, personality quizzes, and Doki Doki Mail – plus two packs, two quiz packs, and nine mail packs, and a bonus dynamic theme which is only available in this bundle. It costs only €12.99/£9.99. Pretty cool, huh? And thanks to Cross-Buy, when you purchase it once on the PlayStation Store, you’ll be able to download it for free on any other available PlayStation system.

Doki Doki Universe, 02Doki Doki Universe, 04

Alternatively, you can download the Doki-Doki Universe trial pack, which by the way, is… free! Great for those who want to get a feel for our bizarre, yet adorable universe. There is also of course the Full Game, which is €7.49/£5.99, and includes the most important bit, the story mode. There are also all kinds of downloadable packs available on the store today so you can cater your gaming experience a bit more – story packs, quiz packs and deko packs.

Before you get to downloading, I’ve put together a few insider bits of information about the game to share with you to get you started.

1. In Doki-Doki, you get presents from everyone you meet. But, if they won’t give you one when you are being nice, you can fling them in the air or pound them into the ground.
  2. You get to ride around space on a giant flying poo. Or a slice of cheese, or a flying whale etc.
  3. You have a therapist named Dr. Therapist on your home planet that calls you up on the phone when he has something new to tell you about yourself. Well, not your real phone.
  4. You can collect four or five hundred different things like a T-Rex or a Duck on a teeter totter, and make them magically appear whenever you want. Everyone will react to them when you do which is its own form of entertainment.
  5. The people you meet on each world will send you letters as you play the game. These all have fun animations in them that you can read in your Doki-Doki Mail box.
  6. Your guide Alien Jeff is a little bit of a jerk sometimes, but you’ll find out he’s not quite what he seems.
  7. You can tilt the world and make everybody fall down. But, don’t get carried away with your power unless you don’t want people to like you very much!
  8. Super-secret tip: If you’re ever looking for some dolphins for a certain cactus, they happen to be behind an ancient temple pillar.

After you’ve had a chance to play, tell us what you love (or don’t love) about it right here. We really hope you enjoy playing Doki-Doki Universe!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

16 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Blue__1981 11 December, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   1

Just downloaded it. But it say’s i don’t hold the licence to application?

I don’t know much about this game but it sounds a bit bonkers – i’ll definitely have to check it out! :)

loadstone007s 11 December, 2013 @ 1:13 pm   3

I like the style of the game so I’ll probably get it. Reminds me of Machinarium.

I love the visuals of this title but I think I’ll still give the demo a whirl first just to make sure I’m also into the gameplay so thanks for providing the demo at launch :)

Do you need all the additional packs to get all of the trophies or can you finish it all with just the Full Game?

I like the prices! Getting that Mega Awesome Bundle!

I love it so much! After playing it for a while, i recognized that i had a silly smile on my face the whole time. :D

INS1GHTFUL 11 December, 2013 @ 2:38 pm   8

im really torn between getting this and Terraria. Ive got such a massive backlog of Vita and 3DS games too.
how long will the limited edition be available? this may sway my decision if it really is a “limited” time deal, of its just a name for the bundle.

MrDazzPants 11 December, 2013 @ 4:05 pm   9

Questions about the limited edition.

What are the 2 Personality Quiz Packs & the 9 Deko Mail Packs? Are the similar dlc mini games?

I assume the two story packs are just extra levels that add to the story or are they something different?

This game is so mind boggling and that is probably why I find it so interesting.

VitalogyPJ 11 December, 2013 @ 4:50 pm   10

I just tested the demo on the Vita and I must say this game is really boring. It’s a shame as I was looking forward for it.

CoolRichy007UK 11 December, 2013 @ 7:50 pm   11

ride around space on a giant flying poo meaning the game isnt good VitalogyPJ lmao

Does this game have cross-save as well as Cross-buy?

Seems pretty decent although I think a way to see all your asteroid quiz results compiled into one report would be cool.

I thought micro transactions where only for big greedy companies.
Guess I was wrong.

Why are people banging on about microtransactions? Is this not just launch day dlc for the game rather than microtransactions?

I always considered things like in game cash and energy and such like as microtransactions, things like new skins and different game types are dlc so what’s the issue here?

dirtyCAT79 12 December, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   15

Yay. I love this game. Its so cute and heart warming. Well done :D
Its a bit hard to find the limited edition pack on the Vita though. Its not on the front page.

I’m giving this a whirl and it’s wonderfully original, odd and very enjoyable :). It’s a great relaxation game, a light puzzler/personality quizzer, as far as I can tell so far. If you’re looking for something relaxing, quirky and with a good sense of fun, I highly recommend it :). Big props to HumaNature studios for putting this together and giving us something so wonderfully different :).