Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:01pm

BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2 dashes onto PS Vita next week

Greetings, current and future best friends.

For those of you unfamiliar with our humble studio, we’re the folks behind the BIT.TRIP series, as well as the recently released BIT.TRIP Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. We also invented the cheese-flavored cough drop, but due to a pending lawsuit, aren’t permitted to speak of that.

Since releasing Runner2 for console and PC, we’ve had countless people ask us about a potential PS Vita version. This was, as you can surely imagine, very flattering. We were stoked that people enjoyed the game as much as they did, and even more stoked that they wanted to see it on additional platforms (I promise to not use “stoked” again in this post).

Runner 2 on PS Vita

This inspired us to give it our all with the PS Vita release, and to make it just as good as its console/PC counterparts. As it turns out, this wasn’t such a difficult task. As any Vita owner can confirm, it’s an incredibly powerful platform!

Whether this will be your first time playing the game or you’re a seasoned vet, rest assured that no expense was spared in achieving total parity between the PS Vita and console/PC versions. You can expect the same amount of content, the same beautiful graphics, the same drunk pickle, and the same awesome platformer gameplay. Also, the same DLC. That’s right: The Good Friends Character Pack DLC will be available at launch.

All that said, we’re aware that some of you waited a lot longer than you wanted to for the game’s release. We can’t thank you enough for your patience, and if we could we’d hug each and every one of you. You know how sometimes a relative or friend will hug you just long enough to the point where it’s kind of awkward? That’s what we’d do. In lieu of hugging, however, we can offer up some tasty details about pricing! In the very next paragraph! Directly below this one!

Runner 2 on PS Vita

Runner2 will retail for €6.99 on the Vita, and The Good Friends Character Pack will be only €1.99. With prices this low, you’ll have a couple bucks left to spend on fun things like Lunchables and seasons of Fraggle Rock!

I’m going to shut up now, but feel free to ask any questions you might have in the comments! Unless, of course, your question is about the aforementioned cough drops. Please don’t ask us about those.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 17 Author replies
Show oldest first

Do those that purchased the PS3 ver. get the Vita ver. for free or is it not cross-buy?
PS3 ver.’s my GotY contender, and as much as I’d like to play it on Vita, I wouldn’t want to buy it again.

Dant Rambo 11 December, 2013 @ 7:50 pm

No cross-buy, unfortunately. Due to a few business-y reasons, we weren’t able to offer that.

I have already got the IOS version of the game. What is the difference between the Vita and IOS version? Since I am considering about purchasing the Vita version as well, if the content of the games are different.

Dant Rambo 11 December, 2013 @ 7:52 pm

Lots of little things! Level design is different, you unlock retro levels in the middle of other levels, physical buttons, etc.

Very good price! Someone know how to price a game with that you can bet I will pick this up on release day :). (unlike some other dev who released a game today)

I already own it on Wii U, but it’s hard not to double dip at 7€

Dant Rambo 11 December, 2013 @ 7:56 pm

Now you have a super portable version! You can play it on the bus/toilet/in meetings!!

Also, thanks so much for saying that :D

hinchcliffe59 11 December, 2013 @ 5:30 pm   5

is there going to be a trial for runner 2

I’d like to ask, Will the other Bit.Trip games also got a sequel?
Flux is my personal favorite out of the series
Loved the original series and i own both Complete and Saga(It was.. impossible to resist since it was on sale immediately after the SMT4+FE:A promo)

Dant Rambo 11 December, 2013 @ 8:21 pm

We’re not working on any sequels currently, but it’s certainly not out of the question!

DoYouLikeMyID 11 December, 2013 @ 5:57 pm   7

Great article and fantastic price! :D

I have more than enough to play on my Vita already, but I can’t say no to that price ;)

MaxDiehard 11 December, 2013 @ 6:05 pm   8

@ImmortaJR

Clearly it’s for the people who down own iOS devices. No one is forcing you to buy both.

MaxDiehard 11 December, 2013 @ 6:05 pm   9

*that would be ‘don’t own’.

MaikelSteneker 11 December, 2013 @ 6:34 pm   10

These are very nice prices. I own all of the other games in the collection on 3DS. I think I’ll complete my collection when this game releases for Vita :)

Just to chime in with others: cross buy would be very much appreciated! I see the PS3 version is slightly more expensive than the Vita version will be, but I wouldn’t mind to pay a bit more to get both versions.

Dant Rambo 11 December, 2013 @ 8:22 pm

We certainly wanted to offer cross-buy, but a few factors prevented us from doing so. Sorry! <3

PHEEliNUX 11 December, 2013 @ 6:41 pm   11

@MaikelSteneker
Nice to see someone else here who played the original games
Can i ask you which game is your favorite out of them? And if you have Saga physical or digital

Glorious news! Now if Sports Interactive would give Football Manager a launch date then I would be an exceptionally happy Vita owner!

cosmic_uk 11 December, 2013 @ 8:20 pm   13

I’ve been looking forward to this since I first saw it on this blog. Day 1 purchase for me!

INS1GHTFUL 11 December, 2013 @ 8:54 pm   14

Oh man, there’s too many games to play! I’m only half way through Tearaway and I just downloaded terraria and doki doki! And now I have to buy this too! ;-)
Looking forward to it

dylanwiggan 11 December, 2013 @ 9:30 pm   15

Watched the trailer and the game looks great! Whats the UK price?

Is the trophy list going to be the same as the ps3 version? I only ask because i gave up at around 47% on ps3,I was worried i was going to throw my controller in frustration if i continued playing. :/

Presskohle 11 December, 2013 @ 9:58 pm   17

Finally!
Already got the Steam version, but stopped playing it after I heard it’s coming for the Vita. :)

does it have a platinum trophy?

I wish Sony would offer a freemium type system or one with built-in ads if you wish,
As although I no doubt expect its a good game £5+ for these types of games are still to much for me.

To me you could class this as a type of 2D Temple Run. But with temple run of course its free. And other games like this you only have to play something like 69p on one of the many app stores.

Dant Rambo 11 December, 2013 @ 11:59 pm

This isn’t an endless runner, however, and we spent two years cramming it with content, and making it the best possible game we could.

I’ll buy this as I enjoyed the ps3 demo and I would have grabbed it at some point so I’ll get the PS vita version :)

A plus launch discount would be even more sweet

Dant Rambo 11 December, 2013 @ 11:58 pm

We’re not 100% sure if there will be a discount at launch, but you can certainly expect one at some point!

Serpantino 12 December, 2013 @ 12:14 am   21

Wanted to offer cross buy but couldn’t? I wonder if that’s a Sony eu decision, they certainly seem intent on treating the eu market like dirt. Overpriced games, dropping a plus game, no yearly vita update,poor plus deals.

Hope the game sells well.

Dant Rambo 12 December, 2013 @ 12:17 am

Not at all! Sony has been nothing but awesome. It was no one’s fault, really. Just some unfortunate circumstances.

dylanwiggan 12 December, 2013 @ 3:33 am   22

Can anyone tell me how much the game will cost in the UK like in pounds not euros? I couldnt see it in the article, if its in there feel free to call me an idiot.

HomessaHomem 12 December, 2013 @ 9:47 am   23

Yessssssss!

hinchcliffe59 12 December, 2013 @ 3:44 pm   24

what trials are coming out next week

trundlefish 12 December, 2013 @ 5:23 pm   25

Please Gameloft bring Modern Combat franchise to the ps vita…… would be a big hit I am sure.

hinchcliffe59 12 December, 2013 @ 8:52 pm   26

what is bubsy 3D game about ?

supersmith2500 12 December, 2013 @ 9:26 pm   27

@Dant Rambo:
Ohhhh don’t get me started with this infamous bobcat again. XD

@hinchcliffe59:
It’s a hideous platforming game with bad controls, camera and graphics. Pretend it doesn’t exist. lol

furryhawk 12 December, 2013 @ 9:31 pm   28

What’s the file size?

HandyOrange 12 December, 2013 @ 10:26 pm   29

Sounds awesome – Think this will be one to pick up on day one – Especially at that price.

Hm, only one game for PS4? I sold my PS3 so I can get a PS4.

Sorry wrong window :)