Posted 9:59am

PlayStation Plus in January: DmC, Soul Sacrifice, Borderlands 2, more

lead image dmc

Hi everyone! It’s time again to share details of all the goodies coming your way as part of PlayStation Plus over the next month. We’ve got a brand new PS4 game, two huge PS3 titles and two cracking PS Vita games to keep you entertained over the festive period.

PlayStation 4 (From 8th January)

Making its console debut is the beautifully crafted Don’t Starve from Klei Entertainment (Shank, Mark of the Ninja). Set in a world of science and magic, Don’t Starve is a wilderness survival game where you play as Wilson an intrepid gentleman scientist who is trapped by a demon and transported into this dark and mysterious world.

You must learn to exploit the environment and the inhabitants you will encounter if you want to have any chance of getting back home!

And don’t forget, a PlayStation Plus membership will also provide you with access to PS4 online multiplayer.

PlayStation 3 (From 24th December)

First up on PS3 this month is DmC, Capcom’s latest entry in their Devil May Cry series. You play as Dante, a young man caught between worlds. The action plays out in Limbo City, a place secretly controlled by all-powerful demons. It’s a cracking action title, and a real work out for the thumbs – just the thing for burning off that Christmas excess.

Next up, I’m pleased to announce that PS Plus users will be able to download the brilliant Borderlands 2. In this acclaimed sequel, you jump into the story of four new Vault Hunters as they fight to free Pandora from the clutches of Handsome Jack, the brilliant, charismatic, and utterly despicable CEO of the Hyperion Corporation.

PS Vita (From 24th December)

First up, from our very own Japan Studio, the simply breathtaking Soul Sacrifice. Prepare yourself for a brutal combat experience where every decision made has significant consequence. You take on the role of a slave who stumbles upon a forbidden book that allows its readers to relive epic battles between sorcerers and monsters of the past. In order to use the magic during fierce battles, the player must be willing to make a sacrifice in exchange – ranging from personal belongings, a limb, or even a life. What price will you pay for power?

Last but certainly not least we have beautiful 2D fighter, Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend. The latest title in the franchise offers the most substantial BlazBlue experience to date including all previous DLC characters as standard, the Calamity Trigger & Continuum Shift stories as well as brand new game modes, new stories to play through, and the all new playable character, Relius Clover. Relius Clover and his robotic puppet Ignis, join the fight with 23 epic scenarios to play through.

On top of the great games mentioned above PS Plus members will also have access to huge discounts this month so keep checking the PS Blog for regular updates. Also, don’t forget The 12 Deals of Christmas sale is in full swing, so stop by PlayStation Store to grab a bargain!

In summary:

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site .

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store .

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

504 Comments 16 Author replies
Show oldest first

a_certain_mr 13 December, 2013 @ 10:02 am   1

Yes Borderlands 2! Was hoping it would come our way after being on the US PS+…

24 dec, not 25? Because 24 is Tuesday.

GodOfWarGreece 13 December, 2013 @ 10:07 am   3

The best month for ps3 and ps vita hell yeah you are the best sony i love you

Those are some great additions for PS Vita, good stuff!

thevladeffect 13 December, 2013 @ 10:08 am   5

Awesome update!

thavleifrim 13 December, 2013 @ 10:09 am   6

I hope the ps4 stuff gets better soon, contrast and don’t starve are starting to make the ps4+ look like the early ps3+ i guess a few months of garbage is ok until there are good games that aren’t brand new to offer but if sony think they can screw us with (CENSORED) games just because we have to have + for multi player now then that is extremely disappointing.

Wooowoo!

RE: PS3 and Vita, This is more like it, thanks!

Obscenely good

theStoneSkull 13 December, 2013 @ 10:10 am   9

this is a brilliant monthly package.

thank you. ps plus is awesome.

@vivan000 The 25th is Christmas Day and I’m pretty sure these guys don’t want to be working then.. ; )

This is thrilling! After poor december update, now You give us something to sing about. Borderlands 2 and DmC is right at my top list of games I didn’t play and was wondering if Playstation Plus will give me the opportunity to do it. Sincerely I thank You.

Best month ever !

OMG OMG OMG

AWESOME, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE PLAYSTATION PLUS

OK I have played DMC and B2 BUT I traded them in and I welcome the opportunity to play them again

for VITA AMAZING!! So looking forward to Soul Sacrifice!!!

PS4 – its just cool that we are getting another free game!!

LOVE YOU TEAM!!

Hm, only one game for PS4? I assume you don’t have too many options for now, but I hope to see two PS4 games for month, and not both indies.

Awesome update Chris :D Just a question though, is it safe to buy plants vs zombies for my Vita? Is this something your’e looking to get into PS plus?

Chris Howe 13 December, 2013 @ 10:22 am

It is something we have been looking at but we have not been able to strike a deal with the publisher as of yet. It doesn’t mean it won’t come in at some point but it’s not planned at the moment.

solarwind12 13 December, 2013 @ 10:13 am   16

SS is welcome, as is DMC, but any surely everyone must have picked B2 up by now… not as interesting as original imo, though few sequels are… anyway am sure there’ll be lots of positive replies for this post.. nice one

Best month so far. Was hoping to get DmC and Soul Sacrifice. I already have Borderlands 2 for PC, but hell, playing it on bigger screen sounds like a plan!

Can’t wait for new deals from the 12-deals promo!

PAUL_UK-77 13 December, 2013 @ 10:14 am   18

got both these allready . 2 great games for those who aint tryed these yet

Yep fair play Sony, I’m happy with Borderlands 2! I suppose if I wanted to split hairs I could ask why did we not get it the same time as Uncle Sam’s PS+ subscribers did but it’s only a month later I believe.

A Christmas peace offering to the downtrodden European PS owners from SCEE is most welcome, but a long way to go for total parity between regions yet.

Kruemelsche 13 December, 2013 @ 10:14 am   20

Good update this time. Thanks guys!

Don’t starve? Awesome!!! Soul Sacrifice? KILLER!

Thank you, Sony! :)

Hexahedronaut 13 December, 2013 @ 10:15 am   22

@vivan
There’s no one there Christmas so they upload it before hand but at least we don’t have to download these on Christmas Day coz psn is probably going to take a battering from all the new ps4′s joining the network.

Borderlands 2 played it, loved it will download it again!! Never played a DMC game before so it should be interesting and don’t starve… We’ll merry Christmas to you to Sony you’ve made it a good one thanks.

And why is the PS+ icon not showing on my avatar?

salvogdaze 13 December, 2013 @ 10:16 am   24

Wow, hats off to Sony for this amazing month! Can’t go wrong with Soul Sacrifice, BL2 or DMC. Looking forward to Don’t Starve on PS4 as well!

Unholy_Light 13 December, 2013 @ 10:16 am   25

Great update! But content isn’t a surprise :)

I hope there will be huge discount/sale on Borderlands 2 add-ons, since there is GOTY with almost all DLCs.

And maybe we will finally get Mass Effect 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur DLCs sales…? :)

Greetings

tony-juice 13 December, 2013 @ 10:17 am   26

Well…since Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ is the SS in IGC best deal for me…I was hoping for some good stuff, since the latest months were not my preference….:)
so, thumbs up…

but…again a fighter game for vita? come oooon..:)

Yes, yes, this pleases me muchly. Nice one, guys.

Finallygotit_Pom 13 December, 2013 @ 10:17 am   28

Simply awesome!!! time to renew the subscription :)

Andrew_7Up 13 December, 2013 @ 10:18 am   29

nice going! Really excited for Soul Sacrifice, as well as Borderlands. I already own DmC, and it is a great game. However I was expecting something bigger for PS4. Maybe next month…

@Hexahedronaut

Over here in mainland Europe everyone gets their presents Christmas Eve teatime, rather than Christmas day morning like we do it, so best start downloading bright n early mate.

Awesome update! Now I can play Blazblue Extended on go without having to double dip (I own PS3 Limited Edition)! And always wanted to try Soul Sacrifice, excellent Vita update! :D

Will pass on DmC, I own Trilogy HD Collection and still haven’t finished even the first one. Might give it a try after first three games. Definitely going to play Borderlands 2, enjoyed the first one (which was on IGC too!).

We’ll see Borderlands dlc on sale, right?

bitbydeath 13 December, 2013 @ 10:19 am   32

Awesome update, was hoping we’d be getting Soul Sacrifice after seeing the US get it.

Is it true that we are getting a large firmware update for PS4 around this time as well?

Thomas_English 13 December, 2013 @ 10:19 am   33

Hello Chris! Is there any chance to see LA Noire in IGC? I know this game is too old, but it’s a really good game.

Chris Howe 13 December, 2013 @ 10:25 am

I would like to say yes as it is a great game but it’s not available in all regions which makes it a little difficult for the IGC

solarwind12 13 December, 2013 @ 10:20 am   34

lol at comments at ps this last year or so.. ‘is it safe’.. seriously though, thats real, i mean it Does actually interfere with your planned spending budjet.. i must of saved over a thousand, easily.. But i do miss the days of knowing I was in charge of my own gaming time, i hate ps plus, (joke).. anyway Chris is it safe to..?..

Wow. Omg. Those are big games. Way to kick-off the year !

Thanks to Sony for the best christmas present !
Any hints on possible PS Plus subscription discount/special offer ?

themonk2012 13 December, 2013 @ 10:23 am   37

amazing. let’s see people complain now.

I have a ps plus subscription till 2017… Happy days

Hexahedronaut 13 December, 2013 @ 10:23 am   39

@chasloyal. thanks for the heads up :)

Don’t starve is a is fantastic game that I have been waiting for, played it lots on PC and it will give me something to play on the ps4 which has seen way less use than I expected.

I’ll queue up the 2 ps3 titles for next year.

Blazeblue should be good as I’m a big fan of 2d fighters not so sure about soul sacrifice as I don’t like monster hunter and I hear its like that.

All in all its a good update, just missing the 1 ps3 game that the USA still have and we would obviously still love the 2 vita titles to rotate.

WHY OH WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US SONY! :D I got to much to play already! :P Nice 1 SONY;) & Happy’Gaming’Christmas ;)

This is, hands down, the best month ever for this service. Merry xmas indeed!

@Hexahedronaut

You most welcome mate, this will be my third consecutive Christmas here in Austria and I’m really getting used to their ways. In fact I’d go as far as to say I think Christmas over here is better and far more festive than it is back home.

Silent_Gig 13 December, 2013 @ 10:28 am   44

Im a happy bunny

Awesome update ! Borderlands 2, Soul Sacrifice, Don’t Starve and Blazblue Continuum Shift ! It’s a shame that one spot for PS3 title was taken by DMC (just to be clear ->me – love the orginal series), but you can’t have everything :)

This is a lovely update!

I was waiting for Soul Sacrifice to enter the PS+ stage and here it is. Got DmC and Borderlands 2 and those are awesome too.

The bigger games for PS4 will come soon enough when the catalog is a bit larger so i’ll just wait and see what happens.

Soul Sacrifice !! AWESOME !! I was hoping or a discount but this is even better! (I was secretly hoping for it to come to PS+ since US got it too) And Don’t starve for PS4 is also great, for those who don’t know it it’s a REALLY fun game and I’m really exited for it to come to PS4!! ( I already knew it was coming since it was announced back when PS4 was announced )

BL2 and DmC are also awesome games for PS3, but really exited for PS vita and PS4!

Thank you so much guys, a REALLY great month!!

MissDreamer 13 December, 2013 @ 10:29 am   48

Nice update for Chrostmas. Gonna nab Soul Sacrifice for the Vita and add Borderlands 2 and Dmc to my collection. Thank you very much. :)

Thank you for the AWESOME update!

Awesome update guys!!!