Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:27pm

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster PS Vita release date

FFX&X-2 Ltd Edition

Hey folks! We know you’ve been eager for an update on the PlayStation Vita version of Final Fantasy X/X-2HD Remaster, so we just wanted to let you know that the game will be out in European and PAL regions on 21st March, 2014!

So it’s released on the same day as the PlayStation 3 version; PlayStation Vita owners can get both games in one package, with Final Fantasy X HD Remaster on the PlayStation Vita gamecard and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster accessible via a redeemable download code (inside the box) to be used on the PlayStation Store.

But if you fancy reliving old memories on a console, PlayStation 3 owners can also pick up both games in one single-disc bundle, which will also be available as a download on PlayStation Store.

FFX&X-2 Ltd Edition2

For those collectors out there, we’ve got a stunning Limited Edition version (exclusive to European and PAL regions) which includes a 48-page art book featuring an elegant collection of concept art from the games with notes from the original Final Fantasy X and X-2 development teams, and a special message from Producer Yoshinori Kitase!

The game is jam-packed with cool new features; there’s Cross-Save support, PlayStation Trophies, an updated, rearranged and remastered soundtrack (if you haven’t heard it yet, check out our audio comparison video here), and for the first time ever you’ll be getting the International Editions of both games.

Just in case you missed it, here’s our “Saving Spira” trailer which will take you on a visual journey through some of Final Fantasy X’s most memorable moments. Warning: it’s full of potential spoilers, so I’d recommend skipping it if it’s your first time playing.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

65 Comments 20 Author replies
Show oldest first

Will the German Vita version also include English text (in addition to German text)? I want to play this in English, but with at least one of the games being digital only, I’d have to get this from the German PSN store.

Also, what’s the price of the Vita version, same as the PS3 version?

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

Hey Jacksalbe, both the PS3 and PS Vita version’s RRP is £29.99, but this will vary with different retailers.

The game will feature English language voice acting and German/French/Italian/Spanish subtitles, which can be turned off in the game menus.

Will there be an option for the original japanese voices?

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 1:49 pm

Unfortunately I can’t confirm if there will be this option as it’s decided on a game by game basis. We will let you know if we do though!

Great to have to some details on the Vita version! Excellent news!
Will the PS3 Collector’s edition I’ve heard about (with the soundtrack Bluray etc.) also be available in Europe? Thanks.

Great, all we need now is confirmation on a price for the Vita version.

pinkplaybunny 16 December, 2013 @ 1:38 pm   5

Cross save is cool, but can you still only save at the save points? Gone are the days where you can leave your console on overnight if you haven’t reached one. 5 hours max before the PS3 wants to turn off to save energy these days :-)

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

Saving takes place at the end of super-long cutscenes and at Save Points, it’s exactly the same as the originals :)

PS4 release?

It would be nice to know if the Europeans will have also access to the Bluray disk with the soundtrack. But finally a release date

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 1:59 pm

Hey Mephizt, the Blu-ray disk with the OST is part of the North American Collector’s Edition, which sadly won’t be coming to Europe.

This is great news thanks SE!
I imagine they were going to release them both as digital only originally until they saw the fans upset so this is a good compromise as X is the one most people want anyway!
My favorite JRPG ever *dusts off piggyback guide*
Seriously, March is going to be amazing!

Serpantino 16 December, 2013 @ 1:49 pm   9

So only X is physical? No physical copy of x-2? Is this the same throughout the world? X is my favourite of the Final Fantasies, it had an originality and world that stood out from the rest of the series. I much prefer physical releases, especially with the way Sony overprices digital games & memory.

haxterwolf 16 December, 2013 @ 1:49 pm   10

My Vita wants this :-) I can’t wait to play this game and Ys Celceta. And I never played FF X, but I know that this game has a great story! And the best of all, with Vita, I can play in any place :-D

Munkeh111 16 December, 2013 @ 1:52 pm   11

If it’s cross save, do they share the same trophy list or can I get 2 platinum trophies for each!

Also, is there any way to just buy FF X HD on either platform?

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

The PlayStation 3 and Vita versions will share the same trophy list; so you can play your game on your PS3, go on holiday with your Vita and then resume your game back on your PS3. You’ll only be able to get two platinum trophies max.

Jucksalbe 16 December, 2013 @ 1:52 pm   12

Thanks for the answer!
Sadly, no English text means you just lost a sale on the Vita version.

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

Sorry to confuse you @Jucksalbe, there are English subtitles available for the game, you would just need to change the system language on your PS3/PS Vita. You cannot change the language in-game as it loads by default. So it would be German for you be default, and if you want the English subtitles, you’d need to change your system settings. I hope this makes sense, let me know if not!

haxterwolf 16 December, 2013 @ 1:52 pm   13

@Lee Williams

What’s the price in euros for the digital version? I will buy this game for PS Vita, on the PSN.

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 2:18 pm

The RRP in Euros is €39.99 for both digital and physical versions
    \(^o^)/

redmattuk 16 December, 2013 @ 2:01 pm   14

Will this ever be coming to PS4?

RustyTachikoma 16 December, 2013 @ 2:02 pm   15

I will definitely get the PS Vita version. These days most of my gaming time takes place in my commute to work, so this is great news for me as this is the only way I’ll be able to replay this game.
Will we also get the new Tidus and Yuna boxart in the the Vita release like in Japan?

madmanwithabox12 16 December, 2013 @ 2:11 pm   16

Not gonna lie, disappointed it’s a code for X-2 and not physical.

Also, don’t want to be that guy but the North American “exclusive” stuff is much better than what we get. How is the art book exclusive to EU when North America gets it with the collector’s edition?

Regardless, I’m getting this on Vita. Hopefully it’s as good as the PS3 version or I’ll be sorely disappointed, especially given how long it’s taken.

Do you have the dimensions of the art book?

Over at the US blog, Sakura Minamida said that in their Collector’s Edition, the art book will be a full size, 8″x11″ book, and not the mini-size book that is in the Limited Edition. Since the EU one is called ‘Limited Edition’, are we getting the mini-size art book, or is it the full size one, like the US Collector’s Edition is?

I noticed the US art book said it was 40 pages, but the EU one says 48 pages, too.

I have to say I’m sad that the OST is not in the EU edition, and I’m quite surprised given that EU tends to do really well with what we get in our Collector’s Edition games. Art books and OSTs are what should always be in CEs!

But still, thank you for bringing a LE over to us at all. I’m very much looking forward to playing this game again.

Do you have any info on the recently-announced Lightning Returns FFXIII Collector’s Edition for EU, also? Square Enix announced a great CE for the game for the US, but nothing has been heard for EU yet. Any info (even if just to hear you’re working on something for us) would be great!

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 2:45 pm

I’m afraid I don’t know the dimensions of the artbook but I do know that they will be different from one another.

And I know it’s not what you want to hear, but unfortunately there won’t be a Collector’s Edition for Lightning Returns: FFXIII coming to Europe either.

Silent_Gig 16 December, 2013 @ 2:12 pm   18

So you get BOTH FFX/X-2 with the vita version, ami right?
I heard previously that they were seperate buys so this is fantastic!

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 2:47 pm

Correct! You’ll get both games when you purchase either version (PS3 or Vita) of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster.

Jucksalbe 16 December, 2013 @ 2:26 pm   19

Ah, thanks for the clarification @Lee Williams.
That’s no problem for me, both of my systems are set to English.

haxterwolf 16 December, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   20

@Lee Williams

Thanks for the response! 40 euros is not cheap but also not expensive, since they are two games and each of them has over 50 hours of gameplay

TheKyleman 16 December, 2013 @ 2:28 pm   21

This game blew me away when I first played it all those years ago and to this day remains my favourite story. I cannot wait to experience it again

Su-Network 16 December, 2013 @ 2:43 pm   22

The Vita version is kinda disappointing with X-2 being digital only. Also no collector’s/limited edition or other incentives for preordering.

VaddixBell 16 December, 2013 @ 2:46 pm   23

Hey Lee, just to check, I can buy X & X-2 on my Vita digitally for £29.99 on March 21?

If that’s the case, that’s perfect.

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 2:54 pm

I’ve just doubled checked, and yes, you’ll be able to buy both games from the PlayStation Store on March 21, 2014. However, I’m unsure whether or not the pricing has been confirmed, but the RRP is £29.99. I’ll look into this and get back to you!

Silent_Gig 16 December, 2013 @ 2:51 pm   24

Any chance of getting the file size for the digital versions of FFX/X-2 for vita? And ps3 if you have it…

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 2:56 pm

We don’t have the file sizes yet as we’re still working on the game – so its always changing! Hopefully I’ll have this information for you just before launch.

Thanks for your response, Lee :)

XnoobsquadX 16 December, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   26

Is there a physical release for x2 HD? will they also be sold seperate? or do i need to buy X hd in order to get X2 HD i didnt like X2 so preffer just a single purchase of X HD

Would i be able to buy FFX alone on the PS Store? what would the price point be for FFX alone?

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 6:58 pm

Hey rutea7, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster comes together as one package, so you won’t be able to download one without the other.

dark_angel69 16 December, 2013 @ 3:03 pm   28

I heard a while back when we pre-order the standard edition it automatically upgrades to the limited edition. Is this for the U.S only? Cos retailers here seems to be selling them separately with a price difference.

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 6:56 pm

Unfortunately this promotion is for North America only; there’s a £5 or £10 price difference here in Europe, depending on the retailer.

Will the physical Vita version also be available as collectors edition? And please make a Vita exclusive game, we need more Square-Enix on Vita :)

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 6:50 pm

I’m afraid there won’t be a Limited/Collector’s/Special Edition for the physical PS Vita game.

Do we have the option to use the soundtrack from the original games instead of the new soundtrack? I haven’t really liked the little I’ve heard of the new soundtrack but I absolutely love the original.

SuGaR_rAy_RiDeR 16 December, 2013 @ 3:18 pm   31

Hi Lee,

Is the collector’s edition for the ps3 only? or is there also a collector’s edition for the VITA?

thanks

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 7:02 pm

I feel like I’ve been handing out nothing but bad news today! Unfortunately, the Collector’s Edition is a North American exclusive and only available for the PS3. There’s also no Limited Edition of the game for PS Vita.

Hey lee,
Is the digital FFX/X2 on ps3 coming on the same date or will it be a disc base only?

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 7:04 pm

Everything will come out on the same day: March 21, 2014 for Europe and PAL countries!

PS4 Release Please?

VitalogyPJ 16 December, 2013 @ 3:38 pm   34

Yeah €40 for an HD remake? Thanks but no thanks. Also €40 for digital and retail? Really!? Charging the same on digital? Keep up this path… you’re doing great (if you want people to NOT buy your games).

AmorousBadger1 16 December, 2013 @ 3:44 pm   35

Anyone dissing X-2 is a fool.

Suzzopher 16 December, 2013 @ 3:45 pm   36

Really excited to play through this again. Will double dip on Vita and PS3.

Any word on Drakengard 3 getting a physical release in Europe?

hi, same as #31:
are you planning on a limited edition for the vita or just a ps3 thing?

supersmith2500 16 December, 2013 @ 4:04 pm   38

Really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD remix but I might give Final Fantasy X and X-2 a go since I never played on any Final Fantasy games. . So will both games on the Vita version get a retail copy and how does it work?

PS: Can’t wait for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix very much later in 2014.

supersmith2500 16 December, 2013 @ 4:09 pm   39

Also, pitty that us Europeans won’t get the soundtrack. :(

haxterwolf 16 December, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   40

@VitalogyPJ

I agree that must be cheaper, but 40 € for two games isn’t expensive. And each game has more than 50/60 hours of gameplay. If the price was 40€ for each game, I agreed that it was expensive, but 40€ for two games it’s a normal price. But I agree that the ideal price is 30€ for two games.

SwingerE11 16 December, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   41

I’m getting this on vita, if it’s as good as the ps3 version.

dgbonomo85 16 December, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   42

Dear CM, will the US Collector’s Edition Bluray disc be usable in for example Europe? Because I love Final Fantasy… I love its music… and I REALLY fancy getting that. I’d import it via-via (family/friends) if necessary… but if we did, would we be able to actually use it? (Or is the Bluray going to be stupidly region-locked just to spite the people who would actually go through all that trouble?)

@Supersmith2500: Vita version is a physical copy of FFX HD and a voucher to redeem a digital copy of FFX-2 HD is included. So no physical copy for FFX-2 for the Vita if you buy at a retailer.

RustyTachikoma 16 December, 2013 @ 4:35 pm   44

@Lee Williams: This would be a great opportunity to have a reversible boxart in the Vita version.

Lee Williams 16 December, 2013 @ 7:08 pm

That’s a good idea! We’ve not got anything like that in the works, so I’ll pass it on to the team :)

Wild--Waller 16 December, 2013 @ 5:49 pm   45

Why psv has the white cover instead its exclusive japanese artwork? We don’t get the limited edition, there is only one card, you could at least leave our cover…

Willie699 16 December, 2013 @ 6:26 pm   46

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Killerattax 16 December, 2013 @ 6:32 pm   47

- Modified character models
- Modified Soundtrack without an option to use the original version
- No dual-audio
- No European Collector’s Edition
- Final Fantasy X-2 only as a download on Vita
- No Cross-Buy
- The European “exclusive” LE is the same version NA gets for pre-orders, but while they get it as a free upgrade we have to pay another 10€

So let me ask you: Why exactly should I or anyone be excited for this?

Domino2097 16 December, 2013 @ 7:21 pm   48

1080p or 720p?

GeckoPutt 16 December, 2013 @ 7:50 pm   49

Hi Lee Williams,

I am so glad you have finally announced the release date for the Vita versions of this game, I do have a question however:

Will both ‘Eternal Calm’ and ‘Last Mission’ be available on the Vita version of the game, because Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 will be separate games on the Vita, I don’t know how you would ensure that they are there.

Could I have confirmation if possible? Thanks. :)

Lee Williams 17 December, 2013 @ 10:08 am

Eternal Calm and Last Mission will be available on both PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game :)

MaibolZarichin 16 December, 2013 @ 9:15 pm   50

Is there going to be a pack with the PS3 and Vita versions bundled together?

I want to play it on both consoles but I can’t find any confirmation if this is the case – it would seem a bit daft to make customers pay for it separately on both? – even if it was some sort of voucher code for a discounted PSN version for the other machine?

Load all