Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 6:11pm

LittleBigPlanet: DC Comics Premium Level Pack coming this week!

LBP1

LittleBigPlanet needs a hero and there’s one hero that always answers the call… And that hero is you! It’s time for your Sackboy or Sackgirl to put on their best superhero costume and head off for a whole new adventure! Find out all about the level pack, the first costume pack and how you can make great savings with the DC Comics Season Pass.

Join forces with the Justice League to put a stop to the evil Lex Luthor and his band of villains!

The Justice League are in trouble and only YOU can help them!

A new power-up -The Hero Cape!
This brand new powerup will bestow your Sackboy or Sackgirl with the ability to glide long distances and perform incredible aerial acrobatics that even Batman would be proud of!

A new ability – wall jumping!
With the Wall Jump Surface Material and the Wall Jump Material Tweaker, any creator will be able to give players the ability to wall-jump in their levels.

LBP2LBP3

A memorable new tool – The Memoriser!
Using this super tool you can power your creations and logic with the ability to remember things so that Sackfolk can leave your level, safe in the knowledge that their progress will be saved for another day!

Even more creative goodies!
This pack also includes a bunch of new Materials, Objects, Decorations, Music and a new Background to create with!

LBP4LBP5

Two bonus costumes – Cyborg and Cheetah
Every superhero (or supervillain) needs a disguise and hidden within this pack will be two costumes that will allow your Sackboy or Sackgirl to dress up as either Cyborg or Cheetah! Oh and if you own LittleBigPlanet PS Vita or LittleBigPlanet Karting, you will be able to download these costumes for those titles too!

New Trophies – be rewarded for your superhero exploits!
The DC Comics Premium Level Pack comes with seven Trophies and 50 Pins to earn for completing the most heroic of deeds on LittleBigPlanet.

Dress up as your favourite DC Comics superheroes and villains!

LBP6

The forces of good and evil collide in our first DC Comics Costume Pack that will give your Sackboy or Sackgirl the ability to dress up as Superman, Lex Luthor, Supergirl, Brainiac or Bizarro.

DC Comics Costume Pack 1 will be available along with the DC Comics Premium Level Pack for LittleBigPlanet 2 when the PlayStation Store updates this week and there’s still plenty more to come….

The battle between good and evil continues in the New Year!

LBP7

The battle between good and evil on LittleBigPlanet has begun and more heroes and villains will be joining the battle in the New Year! – Whose side will you be on?

Get the DC Comics Season Pass!
Hopefully you’re as excited about these two DLC packs as we are. Now, for the first time ever we’re going to throw in a Season Pass for the entire series of six upcoming DC Comics DLC packs. To help you save, we’re introducing the LittleBigPlanet DC Comics Season Pass: For just £19.99/€24.99, you will receive access to the following packs as they become available:

• DC Comics Premium Level Pack for LittleBigPlanet 2 + the exclusive Cyborg and Cheetah costumes available only with this level pack.
  • Four DC Comics Costume Packs, each with a mix of five superhero and super-villain costumes.
  • DC Comics Premium Level Pack for LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita coming next year + an exclusive costume available only with this level pack.

This means you’ll get the Premium Level pack for as little as €1 if you bought all 20 Costumes, or you get the Premium Level pack and four Costume Packs for the price of three. Either way, we think that’s a bunch of super savings!

LBP8

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

40 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first

any news about LBP HUB? im so hyped
release date?

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 6:30 pm

We’re still working hard on it and hope to be able to update you soon.

We have just been a little busy with some of our favourite Superheroes recently because we knew you would want to see them before Christmas! :)

Wow, these look REALLY useful – especially the memorizer, I know a lot of us who play LBPVita have been hoping for a memorizer in LBP2.

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 6:32 pm

I know! I can’t wait to see what you all do with these new goodies!

The Hero Cape! Wall-jumping! Memorisers! So many possibilities and I have no doubt that you will all be able to astound us completely with your creations!

jorispelgrom 16 December, 2013 @ 6:22 pm   3

Is the DC Comics Premium Level Pack for LBP Vita the same as the PS3 pack content wise? Or is it a completely different pack?

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 6:34 pm

The DC Comics Premium Level Pack for LittleBigPlanet PS Vita will include the same creation assets as the PS3 pack, as well as the new features such as the Hero Cape and Wall-Jumping, however the included Story Levels will be different.

We’re still working on it though! So stay tuned in the new year for further news!

MaxDiehard 16 December, 2013 @ 6:25 pm   4

So the Premium level content is for LBP2 only?

What about Vita? That needs more content like this, as materials are lacking in my case.

Also, is there any way to get the Cross-Controller materials and items into LBPV for use with normal creation, it’s unfair to have that paid content and not being able to mix n match with the rest of the game’s creative roster.

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 6:36 pm

Did you spot the news in the Season Pass details? ;)

We will be bringing a counterpart DC Comics Premium Level Pack to LittleBigPlanet PS Vita sometime in the new year, I’ve just posted a few brief details about it in my reply above. :)

Dam, how am i going to play my PS3 & PS4 at the same time :D TO MUCH TO PLAY ;)

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 9:02 pm

And just think how much more you will have to play when the LittleBigPlanet community starts publishing a whole bunch of new levels using these new features and tools!

mattyhew2100 16 December, 2013 @ 6:38 pm   6

How much will the Level Pack for PS3 cost? :)

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 7:01 pm

If you purchase the DC Comics Premium Level Pack by itself, it will be £5.49/€6.99 :)

UndreyVITA 16 December, 2013 @ 6:43 pm   7

I always love these level packs.

But will you ever make the LBPVita online pass free? The only reason I haven’t been playing LBPV is because I switched accounts and don’t have the online pass anymore and just don’t want to spend $10 when I can spend it on something like this.

Invalidates the “complete” version of LBP2 released a while back…

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 9:01 pm

Didn’t we call that the Extras Edition?

We certainly never intended to release that and stop supporting LittleBigPlanet 2… Far from it! Which is why LittleBigPlanet 2 is going Super this week! :)

how much is the season pass going cost in the US ?

SuperJag86 16 December, 2013 @ 7:24 pm   10

Will the premium level kit include premade story levels like the Marvel, Pirates of the Carribean and Metal Gear Solid packs?
I wish you’d do more of those types of packs!

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 7:53 pm

Oh yes! There will be a bunch of new levels where you can help the Justice League stop Lex Luthor and his band of supervillains from taking over LittleBigPlanet!

Alex-1124 16 December, 2013 @ 7:29 pm   11

Any chance of a Batman and Joker pack with stickers for £2.39? Similar to that of the Killzone packs. For those that want to see Batman and Joker costumes (amongst others like Wonder Woman etc), head over to the official LBP site and look at the screenshots in the DC pack.

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 7:55 pm

We have more DC Comics Costume Packs coming in the new year! So you will be able to pick up the Batman and Joker Costumes then! :)

Good job spotting the Joker in our screenshots over on LittleBigPlanet.com ;)

Nazar_Ops 16 December, 2013 @ 8:10 pm   12

Booo :/ I wanted the memorizer to be Vita exclusive forever.

Prem-aka-Prince 16 December, 2013 @ 8:43 pm   13

That looks cool! I (like so many others) thought LBP2 was over, but wait! There’s more.
It looks like a really cool choice of subject. That is a lot of costume packs, and it sounds like they will be expensive, but given how this is about DC characters I feel compelled to want them all… so I guess that means season pass for me… I’m not questioning its value but at that price it will have to wait. Can’t just spring a £20 cost outta nowhere, this is an expensive season! And we can buy whole games for that much.

Prem-aka-Prince 16 December, 2013 @ 8:45 pm   14

p.s. I don’t mean like a typical negative post, or criticism of any kind. I’m glad you’re releasing such a cool addon! I look forward to buying it!

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 9:05 pm

It’s cool. Constructive comments and opinions like yours are always welcome in my book! :)

Psi-Agent 16 December, 2013 @ 8:52 pm   15

can someone plz tell me how much the DC comics season pass is going cost for the US? i hate talking to myself here. i just want to know that’s all.

Steven Isbell 16 December, 2013 @ 9:06 pm

Sorry! Just had to double-check the pricing for you.
    The DC Comics Season Pass will be $24.99 in the US. :)

Nightmare966 16 December, 2013 @ 9:38 pm   16

Ah, and this is quite the Christmas goodie we needed. Taking into account how much I like those costumes, I do believe I’ll grab the Season Pass directly. A bit later as well, though…

So yes. Thanks everyone involved, the continous support is one of the reasons LBP is part of my favourite franchises :) (And let’s not talk about the ultimate Spidey+Batman team-up! Only in LBP! :P)

BTW, may I suggest the Manhunter and Zod for the next time…? :D

Let’s see, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, Catwoman, Lex Luthor, Cheetah, Joker, Braniac, Supergirl, Bizzaro, Green Lantern, Batgirl, Raven(?), Robin, Harley Quinn, Mr. Freeze(?), Black Adam, Shazam(?), Doomsday(?)

That narrows it down a bit.

Graffin_G 17 December, 2013 @ 7:55 am   18

Steven, could you please look into the Santa Costume for Little Big Planet Karting PS3?

It doesn’t matter what files you select to download, all you get are…

Little Big Planet (PS3) – Santa Hat and Beard Costume (1Mb)
Little Big Planet Karting (PS Vita) – Santa Hat and Beard Costume(100Kb)
Little Big Planet (PS3) – Santa Coat and Boots Costume (1Mb)
Little Big Planet Karting (PS Vita) – Santa Coat and Boots Costume (100Kb)

The two files we need (which are available on the US PSN Store) are…

Little Big Planet Karting (PS3) – Santa Hat and Beard Costume (100Kb)
Little Big Planet Karting (PS3) – Santa Coat and Boots Costume (100Kb)

There’s no way to get the 2 above files on the AU/UK PSN Stores as they’re marked “Unavailable” and do not appear in the download history!

I select to download the PS3 version of the costume for LBPK on a new account, and still end up with the PS Vita versions instead. Please fix it!

Catatonic-Rob 17 December, 2013 @ 12:40 pm   19

Does anyone know what happened to the Move pack, Rise of the Cakeling? I can’t seem to find it in the PSN store anymore

@Catatonic-Rob, did you mean this…

If the link doesn’t work for you just search for “move pack” in the PSN Store on your PC… you can buy it through there as well.

Catatonic-Rob 17 December, 2013 @ 1:02 pm   21

@graffin_g Thanks! They don’t seem to have linked to it as an add-on for littlebigplanet, I’m hoping that’s the reason I couldn’t find it and not just that I’m blind.

The_Official_TOY 17 December, 2013 @ 7:51 pm   22

Hey Steven, have you guys ever thought of maybe using some of these things in a… well you know… a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG level pack?
Because I’d love to see that happen. Maybe we could see the rest of Sonic’s friends (and rivals) come accompany the costumes we have right now? I hope so. But nevertheless, I’m very excited for that Hero Cape and Wall Jump Tweaker.

Who’s the red haired girl at 1:00? Is that starfire?

Whos the red haired girl at 1:00? Is that starfire?

I’m expecting 1 BIG patch out of this one.

Hi, is the Season Pass available in all european regions? I can’t find it on Portugal, only the 6,99 level pack and the 5,99 costume pack, not the 24,99 thing.

teh__pwnerer 18 December, 2013 @ 10:57 pm   27

Bought the season pass, but the level pack still wants to charge me…

Thykothaken 19 December, 2013 @ 12:14 am   28

Hi
I love the costume pack and I’m dying to get the Premium Pack, and so I didn’t hesitate to buy the DC Comics Season Pass.

I had no problems at first, and I got the Costume Pack 1 without any problems.
But when I try to retrieve my DC Premium Pack my only option is to buy it for the full original amount. I tried changing the price to the 0$ one like with the costume, but it won’t work.

The DC Comics Season Pass is ending up costing me MORE than if I would’ve bought them one by one.

Can someone please help me with this? I’m not sure if it’s a MAJOR BUG or if I’m just doing something wrong.

Weaselboy2 19 December, 2013 @ 1:31 am   29

I’ve also bought the Season Pass and it’s not downloading or giving me free content.

crimsonidol-de 19 December, 2013 @ 6:16 am   30

I’ve also bought the Season Pass and already had problems with the costume pack. On the Web-Store it showed me the price of 5,99 Euro but on the PS3 I was able to select the free version, which I also bought. After that, the costumes were also unlocked for Karting and Vita.

But currently I cannot find the Premium Level Pack on the PS3-store. On the webstore it still tells me to pay 6,99 Euro. When I acess the store inside LBP2 it also tells me to pay 6,99 Euro. :(

@Weaselboy2:
Try to access the costumes via the PS-Store “app” (navigate to the game LBP2 and look at the extras or search for DC and then navigate to LBP2). On the costumes-pack you should be able to select between two versions.

I’m having the same issue.. My Season Pass won’t let me download the Premium Level Pack and tries to charge me. Any idea when this will be fixed? :)

crimsonidol-de 19 December, 2013 @ 12:59 pm   32

It seems to work now:

When I click on the item it now tells me “free” (or better: kostenlos)
Yeah, finally. :D

merrygoblin 22 December, 2013 @ 2:49 pm   33

I can’t find either the season pass or premium level pack in the PS store (can see the costume pack under the LBP2 add-ons though).

Looking in the LBP2 store (from within the game) I can see the costume pack, and the premium level pack (though only if I *specifically* search for it, it’s not showing in the normal icons) – but again no season pass.

Where can I find the season pass?

merrygoblin 22 December, 2013 @ 2:54 pm   34

Correction – I can see the icon for the premium level pack in the icons in the in-game store. But still no season pass.

naruto12100_2 28 December, 2013 @ 6:06 pm   35

hello little big planet would you happen to know when the pack with harley quinn will be released also did you happen to add terra in the dc comic series?

grovadilio1 29 December, 2013 @ 7:10 pm   36

When is the estimated release date for the other three costume packs also are like Robin and some of the other side-kicks included into the packs? :)

grovadilio1 29 December, 2013 @ 7:11 pm   37

Also can some of the old like first LittleBigPlanet DLC come out again?

LittleCakeMaker 1 January, 2014 @ 11:19 pm   38

I really can’t wait to see all the Gotham sirens out ( Harley, Ivy and Catwoman ). When will any of them be out?

LittleCakeMaker 2 January, 2014 @ 12:03 am   39

The characters could be any one of the below…

Alfread
Wonder Woman
Zatanna
Azrael
Deathstroke

Phew! Theres a lot!

theGstar305 5 January, 2014 @ 2:43 am   40

Ok,this looks awesome. I already bought the season pass on Vita. But I got a couple questions. First, will you get the Cyborg and Cheetah costumes on Vita with the other 20 costumes and the exclusive one? Second, will the story levels be the same or different from LBP2? Third, will the Vita have all the same collectibles that LBP2 has or different ones? And the last question is when will all the other stuff besides the Superman costumes pack be released on Vita? Because I really want that stuff. I didn’t pay 25 bucks for just a costume pack ;)