Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

Backgammon Blitz arrives on PS4 and PS Vita tomorrow

Hot on the heels of our recent Pure Pool reveal, we’re thrilled to announce that on 18th December, Backgammon Blitz will be available on both PS4 and PS Vita in Europe!

For the irresistible launch price of £4.99/€6.19 you get the ultimate backgammon experience AND the brand new Blitz mode. Blitz takes the traditional game of backgammon and adds twists and tricks that make for a dangerous, addictive cocktail of colour and one-upmanship.

Easy to pick up, hard to put down; it’s the perfect game to play while waiting for your Christmas brunch, lunch or leftovers. Greedy.

Just in case you missed the Backgammon Blitz announcement recently, here are the essentials:

• Stunning photo realistic graphics
  • Local multiplayer
  • Seamless cross-platform, a-sync multiplayer (yep, that means PS Vita vs PS4!)
  • Brand new, unprecedented Blitz mode!

And for the first time… (drum roll, please) we’re happy to present the exclusive launch trailer (all in game footage, by the way!):

Never played backgammon? Download the FREE trial now and have a crack at the tutorial before the main event. Go on, it’s on us.

That’s right people, backgammon is back… with a bang! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

14 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

I was just wondering if Backgammon Blitz will be cross-buy between the Vita and PS4?

theo_andravida 17 December, 2013 @ 3:09 pm   2

Looks really nice and i would definately buy it , but i think it is too expensive for me and fro the kind of the game to buy!Any chance of ps plus discount?:)

SuperSaiyan4 17 December, 2013 @ 3:16 pm   3

Im not liking the absolute rubbish the PS4 is getting on the PSN marketplace, I moved away from Xbox due to lack of games and decent titles now I get this *Sigh*

How about a Street Fighter game please? Until this drought ends.

Looks real + I wish someone(Hint, Hint) :D would make a game like the brilliant ‘Battle Chess’ that was on the Amiga 500 for the PS4 :P

a-z-o-o-z15 17 December, 2013 @ 3:35 pm   5

Azoz

I love me some Backgammon. I just hope there will be people to play online.

zalwelgoedgaan 17 December, 2013 @ 4:37 pm   7

Move over Knack and Ryse, GOTY has arrived.

Handige_Harry 17 December, 2013 @ 5:13 pm   8

I’ll be waiting on a discount then. Strange pricing btw. 6,19…
max 2,99 thats fair enough in my opinion.

Didn’t think I would like this game until I watched that trailer!
Are you sending out any review copies?

JadoreSox 17 December, 2013 @ 8:55 pm   10

Looks nice and is tempting with little options available atm but not going to spend £5 on backgammon, or pool for that matter. These are exactly the sort of games that should be F2P, the only appeal I can see with this is playing friends online but that’s never going to happen at £5 each.

Backgammon, PS4, Local multiplayer – shut up and take my money!!!

Seriously, when is this actually going live (impatience is a virtue ;))

Website says Vita only? No PS4 version?

Ryusennin 18 December, 2013 @ 5:57 pm   13

So, PSV and PS4 version, but no PS3?

What are we? Hobos?

So where is this ps4 backgammon. It’s certainly not on the British store. If it’s not on by tomorrow then I’m throwing my ps4 on the bin! And getting a wii u lol