Posted 1:00pm

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse – Ep.1 out tomorrow on PS Vita

Steam_Feature_ENG

Revolution has been publishing adventure games on Sony platforms since 1996 when Broken Sword – Shadow of the Templars launched for the original PlayStation. After finding success with three Broken Sword games for Sony (the second Broken Sword title was voted fifth best PlayStation game ever by Official PlayStation Magazine readers) we are very pleased to bring our latest game to PlayStation Vita with the backing of our faithful fans who funded development through a highly successful Kickstarter campaign.

Broken Sword 5 – the Serpent’s Curse: Episode One, out on PS Vita tomorrow priced €12.99 with a 20% discount for PS Plus members, returns the series to its point-and-click roots in our most ambitious game to date. Playing as intrepid American George Stobbart and sassy French journalist Nico Collard, you’ll find yourself on the trail of a stolen painting – and a murderous conspiracy.

Our new game reunites key members from the original Broken Sword team, with layout artists from studios such as Disney, Aardman and Universal, who have created sumptuous, classically drawn backgrounds. The lavish HD art evolves the art-style so loved in the previous Broken Sword games and looks particularly lush on the PS Vita screen. PS Vita is an ideal device for our style of adventure game – the front and rear touch screen in combination with the analogue stick and shoulder buttons give us a great toolset for an intuitive user interface.

As for the story, George and Nico are cast together again when a mysterious painting is stolen during an armed raid on a Paris gallery. From Paris to London and beyond, the trail becomes a race against time as dark forces from Europe’s turbulent past are woken from their slumber.

hobbs_studiovera_security_alley

George - Illuminating a mysteryG spraying Laine gameplay

Broken Sword characters old and new are encountered – but who can George and Nico trust? Their investigative journey reveals a conspiracy as old as the written word, whose ancient heresies will cause innocent blood to spill once more…

Broken Sword 5 – the Serpent’s Curse: Episode One will be followed by an exciting second game (Episode Two) in the first quarter of 2014. The two episodes can be purchased separately or together (with a cost savings on the bundle). We hope this first episode leaves adventure gamers wanting more – and we’ll looking forward to delivering the second episode early next year.

Intro - Geroge_Nico

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

29 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

TheDaftTool 17 December, 2013 @ 1:06 pm   1

Whats the cost in the UK?

Good news.

I kickstarted the project and playing it on the PC at the moment. I wish I got the Vita version as well.

PS4 or ps3 version anytime soon? i don’t have a vita.

This looks like a must buy! Love the look of the game.

massive fan of the original 2 games(never really played the others) so ill buy this tomorrow.

will the bundle be available at the plus discounted price tomorrow kinda like a season pass and we will just get part 2 when it launches?

do both parts combine into one trophy list and give us a platinum upon completion?(like walking dead episodes)

good luck with this and i hope along with double fines efforts we see a return to classic point and click adventure storys

Wild--Waller 17 December, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   6

I know I’ll buy both of them, will the bundle avaible tomorrow (with only first episode playable) or have I to wait episode two?

themonk2012 17 December, 2013 @ 1:19 pm   7

i have to be honest and say i had not heard about this until today. looks interesting and i’ll pick it up tomorrow.

Wow didnt even know it was coming to vita!

Have already downloaded my free steam version from kickstarting but will buy this too, reckon vita is a better fit for adventure these days.

So can we buy the bundle straight away or do we need to wait for the second episode???

I hadn’t heard about this, has totally made my day.
Glad it’s returned to it’s point and click roots, those 3D shenanigans were a little iffy.
Will deffo pick this up.

Happy as a porcine in a putrid pool of poop!

Ravenblade86 17 December, 2013 @ 1:42 pm   10

Excellent news! I was just wondering if we would see the Vita version of episode 1 before the end of the year and then I notice this blog post had just went live.

It’s like an early xmas present :) I will definitely be picking up the complete bundle. I even have great memories of just playing the demo of Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror on PS1.

haxterwolf 17 December, 2013 @ 1:46 pm   11

What’s the price in euros for the bundle with all episodes?

Can’t wait to get it!

I will get this for sure. Will probably get it once both parts are out. Don’t want another Jacob Jones scenario.

KaneTheGoth 17 December, 2013 @ 2:50 pm   14

I hope we will see the originals on here too one day. I own 3 copies of the first part, and also a GoG version – having it on the PS3 would be perfect!

any chance of making lure of the temptress or beneath a steel Sky? I had great time playing these two adventure games back on the amiga :)

Great news! I was wondering when we’d see it on vita – sooner than I thought, turns out!

seldinhio 17 December, 2013 @ 4:12 pm   17

This game locks super sweet. After I am done with Stick it to the man this is what I am playing. The lack of PS4 psn titles have made me go back to the Vita, no regrets.

zprandzioch 17 December, 2013 @ 4:34 pm   18

I wish for a good price for all good adventure folks…

pinkplaybunny 17 December, 2013 @ 4:59 pm   19

Finally the wait is over, so excited for this!!!

Think I’ll just buy it on my iPad for £2.99.

PrivateJammy 17 December, 2013 @ 6:10 pm   21

I backed this on Kickstarter too and just finished playing through episode 1. It’s a fantastic return to old-school 2D point-and-click adventuring, with that added kick of nostalgia for those of us old enough to have played the originals when they launched back in the mid-90s. The only criticism I’ve seen so far is that it was a bit on the short side, with some people reporting to have completed it in just 3 hours. I personally took my time to enjoy it, and finished in a little over 5 hours. If episode two takes as long to complete it’ll have been a nice game for the money.

TheBusterMan 17 December, 2013 @ 10:30 pm   22

Was a big fan of the old Playstation Broken Sword 1 and 2.This first episode has been getting mixed to average reviews,so I’ll wait for the second episode and maybe buy them together,if the second episode gets better reviews.The worrying thing is the short completion time.

TeddyBearTwinkle 18 December, 2013 @ 12:28 am   23

urm Lucreto no you didnt

i hate people who claim they kickstarted the game when they never did

@13 this made me think of jacob jones as well. Apperently episode 2 of jacob jones is in production so it looks like we’ll get yearly episodes rather than the monthly episodes I originally expected.

I’ve too many vita games at the mo (just imported sourcery saga) not to mention remote play so will get the bundle of broken sword when episode 2 is out.

Wanderer971 18 December, 2013 @ 10:00 am   25

This is excellent news indeed. I was really looking forward to this.
Will this be release for the whole EU?
I am asking this because I am confused with the countries tag
(AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ) at the top of this post.

it a day 1 buy for me i remember them old broken swords series my age starting to show im older now.

my only regret is a “cop out” a oversight that you the dev never release broken sword 4 on a sony platform i never got the chance as it was for PC, however i played broken sword 3 but never finish it.

can broken sword 3 be a ps2 classic?. :|

damienmcnugget 18 December, 2013 @ 10:50 am   27

I’ve got mixed feelings – yay, new Broken Sword, but boo, why just on the Vita?

I want to play this with my GF on a full size screen, and I don’t play games on PC/Mac…

A PS4 or PS3 version would be an instant purchase.
BTW If you guys decided to rerelease the full series for the PS4, I would put down a preorder this very instant!

NightRanma 18 December, 2013 @ 12:20 pm   28

This is fantastic news. As someone who donated to the BS5 kickstarter, and already has the game on Steam, and looking forward to having it on my phone, I’m pretty excited about buying it for my Vita, too. :)

I wasn’t even expecting it to show up so soon after the PC release. Great work to all at Revolution from a longtime fan. Hopefully you make many more.

Wanderer971 18 December, 2013 @ 1:31 pm   29

So I just bought Episode 1-2 in a bundle @ https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

(It was still not visible in the Playstation store on my device
at the time of my purchase.)

I am very happy now! :-) :-) :-)