Posted 11:00am

Music Unlimited update: Your favourite tracks of 2013

Lead image BestOf2013_PrimaryIcon

Back in November we asked you what your favourite tracks of the past year have been. We received a huge number of great suggestions, which we lined up alongside tracks that the Music Unlimited staff have selected and compiled them all into a comprehensive and exclusive channel for the entire Music Unlimited community to enjoy.

Listen to it now HERE and check out some of the tracks included below:

Get Lucky Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams
Royals Lorde
Someday (Place In The Sun) (feat. Ella Eyre) Tinie Tempah
Can’t Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton) Macklemore
Green Garden Laura Mvula
Colours To Life Temples
She Will Savages
Blurred Lines Robin Thicke feat Pharrell and T.I.
Do I Wanna Know? Arctic Monkeys
Retrograde James Blake
We No Who U R Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Entertainment Phoenix
Gun Chvrches

UltimatePS4Channel_PrimaryIcon

Ultimate PlayStation 4 Channel
Exclusively to Music Unlimited, we bring you the one and only definitive soundtrack to listen to whilst gaming, the Ultimate PS4 Channel.

Including hundreds of recommendations from the PlayStation Blog community throughout the past 6 weeks, this Channel includes the tracks that you wanted to hear to get you in the zone whilst playing your PlayStation console.

New to PS4? Easy. Sign up here for a 30 day trial of Music Unlimited, login on your PS4, start your game, then run the Music Unlimited application and listen to the Ultimate PS4 Channel whilst you take on your deadliest adversaries and opponents. The soundtrack to gaming will never be the same again. Listen HERE.

Christmas playlists and channels
Finally, as it’s that time of year, we have an abundance of soundtracks to get you through the Christmas season, from our Jingle Bell Rocks Channel, where holiday cheer meets loud guitars, to tailored Featured Playlists with all the festive goodness local to each of our countries throughout Europe. Don’t sit in silence this Christmas, just login in to Music Unlimited and scour our Channels and Playlists – we’ll do the hard work of playing Christmas DJ so you don’t have to.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

16 Comments 14 Author replies
Show oldest first

Great list. My subscription ran out a few days before the PS4 was released. :(

What pricing options are there now, can I still get a yearly subscription or is it month by month?

What happened with the competition to win PS4 games by giving our top 10 tracks for gaming?

Matt Webster 17 December, 2013 @ 2:33 pm

Hi Dante_Zero, thanks for entering but we have now selected and notified the winner.

Is sony considering letting people get a subscription without using a creditcard, let say by using their wallet would be a nice.

Matt Webster 17 December, 2013 @ 2:34 pm

Hi SherrifNL. We are offering more and more alternative payment methods in our countries month by month, stay tuned.

I signed up for the free month when I bought the PS4, with the idea that maybe I’d unsubscribe from spotify and carry on with music un. if the service was ok.

I have to say that so far, the service is very poor. Poor performance from the PS4 with a “music stopped” message every two or three songs (I have 120mb cable). The iOS app is shockingly bad, and the web browser experience equally poor.

Really really, disapointed.

Matt Webster 17 December, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

Sorry to hear you’ve had a bad experience. We’ve isolated the issue on PS4 and performance should be much improved as of today.

mellan_Konsten 17 December, 2013 @ 2:19 pm   5

My premium subscription ended a couple of days ago, Is it no longer possible to buy a full year of Music unlimited?

I luv music unlimited on my tablet and phone but currently it’s poor on ps4 as its the only app that doesn’t suspend and I lose connection to servers alot in middle of songs etc please fix this

Matt Webster 17 December, 2013 @ 6:14 pm

Thanks pager99, this should be improved now. Let us know if you have more issues.

My subscription is finishing soon and I hope to see yearly subscriptions in the future. I don’t think I’ll get back to the service with a monthly one.

Matt Webster 17 December, 2013 @ 6:17 pm

Hi Winckle. Please see above, you should be able to purchase a special offer in the store now and we hope to have further offers available in the New Year.

I have to say I am disappointed with MU on PS4. It’s great when it works but it crashes all the time when I am playing a game. And it’s random some times it crashes after one song other times it can go 10 min, but what is surten is it’s going to crash. The other annoying thing is the music doesn’t resume after a crash or pause one has to go in to the MU app to resume the music, its super slow. Fix that pleas. As it stands now this service is bad and people should not be charged full price. That my take on MU.

Matt Webster 17 December, 2013 @ 6:19 pm

Hi Seldinhio, thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues, though as mentioned above we have addressed this glitch so it should now be significantly improved on the PS4 app. Please let us know if this continues.

All options are unavailable except the 30 day trial. Never received an email with any offers. [insert sad face here]

Matt Webster 17 December, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

Thanks ChazzH69, I’m looking into this now to resolve asap. In the meantime, please contact customer services explaining you are a 1 year subscriber and they will provide you with the offer.

mellan_Konsten 17 December, 2013 @ 5:43 pm   10

Will it be possible to stack the subscription if you have some discount sometime in the future?

Matt Webster 17 December, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

Hi mellan_Konsten. Yes, if you are a previous one year subscriber these SKUs will be able to stack.

seldinhio 17 December, 2013 @ 8:03 pm   11

Ok I have tested it after the supposed update to MU. Played BF4 and listened to MU and didn’t have a single crash. Good job on that. What I would like to see is a subscription for just the PS4 but for a cheaper price. I don’t use the mobil or tablet app. I occasionally listen on my PC.

Matt Webster 18 December, 2013 @ 9:05 am

Hi seldinhio, great news! Remember we have an Access tier available for only £4.99/€4.99/49kr per month which allows you to listen to Music Unlimited on PS4, PS3 and the Web.

I Really need an Update for Music unlimited on PS4! Can you tell me wehen the next update will be released? I got different fail messeges while listening and then the music stops playing. I am from germany. Please help

Matt Webster 18 December, 2013 @ 9:07 am

Hi AUX-818. Have you tried this again today? As mentioned above, we have rectified the problem with the PS4 app so it should now be performing normally. Let us know if you’re still experiencing problems.

Thomas_English 18 December, 2013 @ 8:37 am   13

Hello Matt! Any chance for Russian users to have same music experience as European have? I mean, can I hope to see Music Unlimited in Russia in near future?

Matt Webster 18 December, 2013 @ 9:11 am

Hi Thomas_English. There are many countries on the roadmap for next year, so we hope to have an update on Russia for you soon. I’ll be sure to update you on the blog as soon as this is confirmed.

Dante_Zero 18 December, 2013 @ 10:05 am   14

I thought there was going to be multiple winners? Also I’m guessing I won’t be notified even though I should really get something for trying to find out if have won or not for the last 3 weeks. Lol

Ivan_Krazy 18 December, 2013 @ 2:22 pm   15

Im giving music unlimited a miss. No thanks!

Dervishii 18 December, 2013 @ 9:48 pm   16

I was going to continue my now expired 1 year sub for music unlimited.
But there are 2 option fot subscriptions..
MU 3 month sub for 3 EUR, and MU Premium for 9,99 EUR that has no definition of how long subscription it is…
How long is it?

Matt Webster 19 December, 2013 @ 11:25 am

€9.99 is the cost for a monthly subscription on all devices, €4.99 to listen to Music Unlimited on PS4, PS3 and Web.