Posted 18 December

Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition hits PlayStation Store today

Hello fans of videogames! Christmas has come early!

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition is available from PlayStation Store today! It costs €18.99/£12.99 and weighs in at 103 MB (including a handy patch that’ll download when you first launch the game).

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition comes packed with cool stuff: split-screen support for up to four players, online multiplayer for up to eight, Creative mode, Survival mode, and a bundle of Trophies. It’s super fun. If you don’t believe me, get the trial and decide for yourself.

Watch the trailer to see some pretty footage of Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition, or stop reading this and start the download!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

150 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

The price is a joke.

Loved Minecraft on the 360, but full price for a years old game, extremly lazy above post, lazy console update policy but dozens of optical-only dlcs…

Mojang really is a company I can not like.

Disruptive_Gamer 18 December, 2013 @ 10:18 am   3

Does anyone know were New Zealands version is they said the 18th December

If it’s cross-buy, I’ll get it. If not, I won’t

Still not up on UK store.

Any news on cross-buy, all the answers we a little non-committal in the last post.

I guess us PS4/PSV will be holding on for this answer.

w1th0utnam3 18 December, 2013 @ 10:24 am   7

Nice. But no PS+ discount? :(

Price is around what I paid on Xbox live for it. It feels less of a rip off than Terraria (which is available cheaper on every other platform.)

It would be nice if they were more forthcoming about Cross buy though. Lack of information on this just makes me think it’s not going to be incorporated and they’re hoping to dupe people into double dipping when the vita version comes out.(I’m holding off for it.)Sony seem to be discouraging cross-buy on new releases at the moment.

Jeff-Andrew-NL 18 December, 2013 @ 10:26 am   9

@ VirusPT, it’s not xD

But yeah. I love MC on PC but I’m not going to spend more money on the console version which has a lot less content than PC..

Salooh_Gt99 18 December, 2013 @ 10:28 am   10

You are kidding me right?
I’m North America the price is 20 US Dollars.
WHY DO WE PAY MORE!!!!!

Salooh_Gt99 18 December, 2013 @ 10:30 am   11

I was waiting for this a long time and I was shocked when I heard the price! I already bought the card in redeemed it!
I thought it was 20 dollars just as North America!

Jeff-Andrew-NL 18 December, 2013 @ 10:30 am   12

18 euro’s is 24 dollars. Mojang is a EU company. So now you gotta pay a few dollars more than usual for you. When we’ve been paying more all along xD

@ Salloh_Gt99

£12.99 in US $ is $21.15.

We are paying more than you. We always do.

Anyway, I’ll get this. A decent price to pay just to stop my daughter pestering me to play my PC edition of MC.

I think I will hold out for this, I have been looking forward to playing MC on a console for a while but until I know whether or not cross buy will be available for PS4 then there is no chance I will get this just yet.

@ illage2 The store will update as normal in the afternoon.

Salford-Parkes 18 December, 2013 @ 10:32 am   15

Stop moaning about the price and be happy we’ve finally got it, when Xbox first got it it was absolutely bare, no texture packs hardly anything on it n they had to pay 1600 ms points, isn’t that like £15? Where as we get everything the xbox has now and it’s only £12.99

kasasensei 18 December, 2013 @ 10:33 am   16

No cross buy, full price 19 months later… No. Just, no.

mullinavat 18 December, 2013 @ 10:33 am   17

Will this be Cross Buy with the PS4, if not I may as well wait

As I already own it on PC, I am not willing to pay that price unless…

1/ It’s Cross-buy
2/ Gets updated on-par with PC
3/ No more limited world/nether

I’m going to be buying this as my nephews Christmas present but… once the PS4 version comes out, and I buy it for myself, will I be able to play in the same game as him or is the online single platform?

Considering that Minecraft sold 13 million units on PC and 10 million on Xbox, I’d dare say that most people think that the price is justified.
And honestly, I wouldn’t drop the price either if I were notch. Why should he? No competition and it still sells like hot cakes. Age doesn’t really matter for this game.

Very late ports should come with a major discount. The game is old, don’t care if the port is new.

andrewsqual 18 December, 2013 @ 10:46 am   22

Okay guys (in the comments), Minecraft IS A LOT older than 1 year old. Why would a game that is going to be a completely different game on PS4 be Cross Buy for that console? It is not going to be an identical port. If anything, it is highly likely the Vita version will be cross buy as it will be probably the same game as the PS3 one.
Not even a thank you to Mojang for bringing joy to millions of children for Xmas? What is wrong with you lot?
(BTW I don’t understand Minecraft and will be passing on it altogether but you all need to stop making us gamers look bad with your constant moaning pretentiousness).

Well done Owen and to the whole crew. Yous can rest up easy for Christmas before getting to full steam on adding 3 more formats to the behemoth that is Minecraft ^_^

why is it not in store in EU?

alcibiades4291 18 December, 2013 @ 10:53 am   24

Won’t the US version be $20 plus VAT though?

SAying that the price is a joke is not moaning just an opinion.

The game may have sold millions and the company did work for the port, but we dont have to accept everything they ask. We do have personal opinions and we are freely to express them.

I do wish that it will sell well, I was always a supporter of indie games, it’s just that I’ll wait for a big discountand the PS Vita edition wich i prefer.

just4alaff 18 December, 2013 @ 10:56 am   26

well i for one think £12.99 isn’t that bad TBH it’s got more life than most triple a games for a fraction of the price. But as always theres ppl who just like to moan all the time.

The store in the UK doesn’t normally I find get updated to around midday (1pm +) so it probably won’t be up till then.

I’m looking forward to this, but I wonder if there’ll be a PS Plus discount. Only wondering because otherwise I have to put £15 in my wallet for £12.99 game when I already have £2 on my wallet. If they just took a £1 off I’d only have to put £10 on xD

Still this should be fun, trophies seem pretty easy though.

AshesArise 18 December, 2013 @ 11:03 am   28

For that price i may as well just wait till it hits the IGC, glad i bought the PC version really cheap back when it was in alpha. Plus the fact this looks like it isn’t cross buy with PS4 is ridiculous considering the price…

@KylieDog
The game never dropped its standard price on PC or Xbox. Why should it be cheaper when it releases on PS?
Heck, they don’t even do sales! Minecraft was cheaper for early adaptors during alpha and beta stage. And I think notch offered a discount once at his wedding. But that’s about it.

So guys, either pay the requested price or don’t. Nobody forces you either way. If you think that hundreds or even thousands of hours of entertainment aren’t worth it, that’s up to you.

@andrewsqual
A “thank you”? Whatfor? Your suggestion is quite hilarious too. :)
Mojang get the opportunity to make some millions more. This is about business, not about someone giving gifts.

It’s not actually up on the store yet

If that would be a PS3+PSV cross-buy I’d snatch it right now. Since it’s not, I’ll stick to PC version I bought years ago.

@xion1116, if your card details are on PSN it should only take exactly what is needed, unless it is less than £5, which this is not.

Don’t add funds, then buy, buy and let it take the funds itself.

pearl_bunny 18 December, 2013 @ 11:08 am   33

it’s a true ripoff, Americans pay 14,53 Euro for this.

Anyone know what time it is out in the uk?

suitedsnake 18 December, 2013 @ 11:21 am   35

Can’t people just relax!? It’ll be here TODAY! Not next year, not tomorrow TODAY. Calm those fingers and rest. ENOUGH.

@ KylieDog I know I can use my card, I just prefer to use paypal for security reasons.

@ rhysbee I don’t know the exact time, but UK PSN usually updates I find around midday (1pm onwards).

crooksie0708 18 December, 2013 @ 11:26 am   37

when is the PSN store updating so i can buy it? im inpatient

@xion1116 ahh right cheers

I think sotre updates officially at around 4 GMT, but often you can find specific games earlier through search option or a different store(ps3,pc,vita)

crusher915 18 December, 2013 @ 11:38 am   40

I don’t expect this to be crossbuy but I expect the PS4 version to offer crossbuy with PS3 and Vita, and PS3 version to offer cross buy with Vita

I heard rumors that Sony didn’t even know it was coming today? Any truth to this?

vickstar2012 18 December, 2013 @ 11:40 am   42

Very excited for minecraft to come on psn going amazing to play it……

Never tried minecraft as it was pitched to me a Lego on the PC and I find Lego kind boring I was always to busy playing games but man people lap this up.

What is it that’s so appealing about it?
Do you have objectives and stuff or is it just a sandbox to make stuff in?

Price is a bit steep, £10 would of been a bit more agreeable

andrewsqual 18 December, 2013 @ 11:43 am   45

Getting in there with the 1st comment with “The price is a joke” isn’t moaning for the sake of moaning? Thanks for that amazing and elaborate opinion then.
@Golwar Its actually a very welcome gift when a parent realises that the €18.99 they spent for Timmy’s Christmas present, he is still playing and enjoying months later when the kid next door got bored of his €300 present after 10 minutes. ^_^

nicole_mccuaig 18 December, 2013 @ 11:44 am   46

I’m in the uk and minecraft still isn’t on playstation store for download. When will it be? Hopefully before my daughter gets home from school.

QontinentZ 18 December, 2013 @ 11:46 am   47

Wich time it will be out at Europe today wasnt it and its still not in PS3 store can someone help me!!?

Glad to see Minecraft finally hitting Playstation, my Son loves Minecraft so i’ll definitely be picking this up today.

You can’t complain at the price, come on people, some game is always going to be more expensive elsewhere and the Euro draw the short straw this time, we all should be used to this by now. You’re buying a game that potentially has endless support and updates. Sure, it sucks that you’ve got to pay a little extra now, but in this case, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal when you look at what you’re getting in return.

There’s an update for the UK store! at 12:00 running it now to see if minecraft’s there

Load all