Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 6:08pm

PlayStation Blog Game of the Year Awards 2013 – voting now open!

2013_EC_AWARDS_V2

Update: We’ve updated some of the polls with a few trending choices from the write-in votes cast so far. If you don’t see the game you want to vote for on the list, you can still submit a write-in vote.

It’s time! Time to submit your vote in the annual PlayStation Blog Game of the Year Awards, a chance for PlayStation fans to select the best of the best for 2013.

To vote, just make your selection from the nominee lists below. Don’t see the game you want to vote for? No problem: write in your pick on each poll. We’ll tally the votes and reveal your winners next Monday, 23rd December. We’ll also hand out some dedicated “Editors’ Choice” awards as chosen by members of the Blog team in Europe, North America and Latin America because we didn’t want to be left out of the fun.

So, get cracking! We’ll see you on Monday for the full list of winners.

PS4 Game of the Year 2013

This category includes both retail Blu-ray releases and digital PlayStation Store releases. If you think we missed a game in our nominee list, vote for it using the write-in option at the bottom!

PS3 Game of the Year 2013

PS Vita Game of the Year 2013

This category includes both retail releases and digital PlayStation Store releases. If you think we missed a game in our nominee list, vote for it using the write-in option at the bottom!

Best Digital Release 2013

A new category that recognizes the best titles that premiered digitally via PlayStation Store or PS Mobile. This could include self-published indie titles, experimental projects from established studios and more, and spans all PlayStation platforms (PS3, PS4, PS Vita, etc).

Most Anticipated Game of 2014

What upcoming 2014 game are you most eager to play? Vote from the list of nominees or write in your selection at the bottom of the poll.

Now that you’ve voted, tell us what you voted for in the comments and why.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

124 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Most Anticipated Game of 2014
The Witcher 3

Voted for The Last of Us. :)

XDerKleineX 20 December, 2013 @ 6:17 pm   3

Notice how there aren’t any Vita games in the “Most Anticipated game of 2014″ list?

“The Last of Us” for sure. :)

MrGReaperAlso 20 December, 2013 @ 6:19 pm   5

you forgot watch dogs on the anticipated list lol

also best game of 2013 on the ps4??? you mean the best game of the month lol

Fariko_Nezy 20 December, 2013 @ 6:28 pm   6

Minecraft: PS3 Edition , because i though it wasn’t going to happen

Shinobi-vs-Gast 20 December, 2013 @ 6:33 pm   7

Most anticipated of 2014 is Grand Theft Auto V for me.

Can’t wait for the release, even though they haven’t made the announcement yet.

resogun,
gta 5
velocity ultra
resogun
infamous second son

I think Persona 4 Golden is a very glaring omission on the PS Vita list. I mean, it’s widely considered to be the best PS Vita game out there.

MissDreamer 20 December, 2013 @ 6:37 pm   10

The Last Of us was my most anticipated game of 2013 and definitely the game of the year. :)

pressmyfoot 20 December, 2013 @ 6:38 pm   11

Guacamelee should win everything.

The Witness for ps4

the1free_man 20 December, 2013 @ 6:43 pm   12

My most anticipated games are Dark souls 2 and Persona 5. Not a good sign for the ps4…
Also, the game of the year: The last of us. Make that game of the generation, actually.

The Last Of Us-game selling PS3

I must agree with MrGReaperAlso. A most anticipated list without Watch Dogs is useless. ;)
Besides Watch Dogs I desperately await Persona 5, The Crew, Hohokum, Age of Wonders III, Thief …

The Witcher 3 for the most anticipated one and Ni No Kuni got a vote for GOTY from me. That game was simply BEAUTIFUL ! It was also different from all those other shooting games (I am not saying they are all the same, but guns are used in so many games :P). I really hope Level 5 and Ghibli will make a sequel or at least some other similary astonishing game :D

DarkArchoNx66 20 December, 2013 @ 7:01 pm   16

I haven’t actually played any of the games listed on 2013 list. I am already too busy with the games I got, plus real stuff. Gonna be an interesting year. Some of those are bound to be included on plus.

@Andrefpvs
True, I didn’t even remember it was published later here in Europe. 2012 elsewhere, 2013 in Europe. If only had I remembered that sooner… :( Persona 4 Golden for the GOTY Vita!

DoYouLikeMyID 20 December, 2013 @ 7:04 pm   18

@Andrefpvs

Even though it was released in Europe in 2013, it’s still considered a 2012 game, and thus shouldn’t be on the list.

Kinda bad there isn’t a single most anticipated Vita game for 2014..

Anyway, I choose Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes since I’ll be getting a PS4 as soon as that one releases.

Nightmare966 20 December, 2013 @ 7:13 pm   20

Couldn’t vote on all categories since I’m still playing some games. So I voted Batman on PS3 (I just installed ACIV) and Tearaway on Vita, while inFamous: Second Son on anticipated. Although I can imagine that The Last of Us will be winner hands down.

Stonesthrow 20 December, 2013 @ 7:16 pm   21

PS4 : Killzone. Tough choice between this, BF4 and AC4 but I choose this because of the singleplayer. The moments after the title comes up in this game I’ll never forget, and pretty much defined the beginning of this generation of console games for me. Multiplayer surprisingly kind of disappoints me so far, mainly because the aiming sensitivity isn’t high enough for me anymore.
PS3 : GTAV, nuff said. Eventhough there were some tough contenders like LoU, Bioshock, and Ni no kuni, this game will continue to baffle me for years.
PSVITA : KZ Mercenary. Didn’t grasp me as much as previous Killzones, but an amazing technical achievement and the first good portable shooter ever.
DIGITAL : Off the top, Blood dragon, because it did something different in its own genre and succeeded in it. Also, 80′s FTW.
MOST ANTICIPATED : This should be MGS5 for me hands down, but since it’s going western (mainstream?) I’m picking Destiny this time. I’m co op crazy and this game looks like a technical marvel. Can’t wait to see what Bungie can do on Playstation.

JustasJ86 20 December, 2013 @ 7:17 pm   22

Cant wait for DIABLO III on PS4. I will make my ‘gaming world life’ as a default then.

man_utd_xl 20 December, 2013 @ 7:18 pm   23

The last of us is easily gunna run away with the PS3 game of the year tho having bought AC4 yesterday it does have great competition, as for the most anticipated games as much as i’m looking forward to dark souls 2 how is The witcher 3 not on there, that gets my vote every time, there isn’t a game in development right now that looks better

gordonroper 20 December, 2013 @ 7:22 pm   24

any game that can give u the raw emotion last of us did deserves game of the year there are no other contenders

No Beyond: Two Souls in the list?

Assassin’s Creed IV, PS3 Game of the Year :)

I don’t like “interactive movies” or “character development”, so the Last of Us left me cold – I mean sub-zero, and not in a good way. Horrible lack of ‘game’ in that title. I’d honestly rate Skylanders Swap Force higher than that title :D

Jestersoil 20 December, 2013 @ 7:42 pm   27

Best PS4: Assassin’s Creed IV – I chose this over Killzone Shadow Fall mostly because it lasts longer and worth its money much more in terms gameplay hours! both a great though!

Best PS3: The Last Of Us – Well, love of the year! i would have voted it again even if the game ended after the opening! LOL
this opening is one of the best EVER!

Best Vita: Sou Sacrifice – I don’t own Vita but from everything i’ve seen i like Soul Sacrifice the most!

Best Digital: Guacamelee! – I just got the plat on this one and it’s definitely a little piece of diamond for digital releases!

Most Anticipated: Metal Gear Solid V – Well, there is Dark Souls 2, Destiny, TES Online and The Order too. I love all these franchises and newcomers but Snake? Snake is above them I think!!!

p.s. Fallout 4 is also much anticipated…

PIREDERAS 20 December, 2013 @ 7:49 pm   28

Voted for:

- The Last of Us (PS3), just awesome

- Tearaway (PS Vita), such a joy to play it

- Hotline Miami (digital), a real challenge

- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (most anticipated), I ‘m a great MGS fan, looking forward to hide under a cardboard box again after so much time!

Ryusennin 20 December, 2013 @ 7:52 pm   29

I’ll wait 2015 for the really good games to start coming out on PS4.

Until then, it’s Dark Souls 2 FTW.

blackout_pt 20 December, 2013 @ 7:53 pm   30

For me was
ps4: ACIV
ps3: The Last of Us, don’t have but would love to have it
ps vita: Soul Sacrifice, played the demo and love it. and it’s coming to ps+ on the 24th (thanks Cris)
digital release: Other – Rainbow moon, I’ve been playing it on the vita and it’s great. (I was surprised it wasn’t there)
most anticipated of 2014: Destiny, this is, without a doubt the most anticipated game for me (apart from Final Fantasy X HD, but that one was not on the list).
Cheers

pinkplaybunny 20 December, 2013 @ 7:56 pm   31

Hello watch dogs?!

Please please please let Fallout 4 come out next year also!

Also excited for the next two final fantasy games.

I enjoyed beyond two souls way more than the last of us.. Ni no kuni was also awesome :-)

Enjoying broken sword on the vita very much too :-)

I haven’t played any 2013 games (blame the backlog), so I only voted for most anticipated game of 2014 which for me is definitely
The Order: 1886. I’ve played Chains of Olympus and Daxter on the PSP and I was amazed by what Ready At Dawn can accomplish, and now they are working with Santa Monica too? People, prepare to be blown away!

Beyond Two Souls definitely missing from the best game list. Personally the most engrossing game I’ve ever played.

Tough call on the most anticipated game, Infamous, Metal Gear or Destiny frankly I don’t care which one wins.

PS4 Battlefield 4
PS3 The Last of Us
Spelunky

PS4 upcoming Metal Gear V

Best PS4 – I don’t know since I don’t own a PS4 (Next Year I will)

Best PS3 – Bioshock Infinite

Best PS Vita – Tearaway

Best Digital – Terraria

Most Anticipated – The Order: 1886

Strangeheaven 20 December, 2013 @ 8:57 pm   36

This is my take on it,

PS3 GOTY goes to GTA V

PS4 GOTY Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag, even though I have not played it but it stands out the best on this list of lacking ps4 games. Plus I don’t own a ps4 yet.

PS Vita GOTY I would say Dragons Crown because I played that on ps3, and I don’t own a ps vita.

Best Anticipated Game For 2014 for PS4,

1.The Last Guardian

2. The Division ( The best looking game ever, no joke. )

3. The Order 1886

4.Shadow Of The Beast

5.The Evil Within

6. Metal Gear Solid V

PS3: FFXIV A Realm Reborn
PS Vita: Persona 4 Golden
PS4: None atm
Most anticipated: Dark souls 2

Artanis91 20 December, 2013 @ 9:51 pm   38

In most of the polls voted for the PS exclusives cause I think it’s only fair the developers get their fair share which they deserve .

1. best ps3 game – the last of us ( no doubt … ! )
2. anticipated game of 2014 – Infamous : SS ( no doubt again ! )
As for contrast and resogun can’t wait to try them on the PS4 ! Cheers and tnx to all the developers out there who made the right decision to work for the PS gamers ! Even though sometimes critics bash your games we all respect the things u do 4 us . Hands down !

Project2insanity 20 December, 2013 @ 9:51 pm   39

Um… 28th February? A little title called Castlevania:Lords of Shadow 2! Why is this not on the anticipated list? I am shocked…

PS3: Terraria
PS Vita: Killzone mercenary
PS4: i hate every game on the ps4 atm
Most anticipated: dragonball z battle of z for the ps vita

Most anticipated 2014 game alongside MGS V: The Witcher 3

N9ne0sBaby 20 December, 2013 @ 9:59 pm   42

PS4 GOTY: Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag – This is my first game for PS4 and I have really been enjoying it so far.

PS3 GOTY: The Last of Us – This is one of the best games since the PS3′s release and is one of the most gripping and emotional stories told.

PS Vita GOTY & Best Digital Release: Guacamelee! – I really had fun with this one, probably my favourite indie that I have played.

Most Anticipated: inFAMOUS Second Son – The earlier games in the series never caught my attention, but after earlier in the year seeing what Sucker Punch has to offer, I’m looking forward to getting my hands on this game.

Far cry 3, lou, fifa 14

PS4 GOTY – Resogun – Fantastic game highly addictive had played COD and BF4 on PS3 so

PS3 GOTY – The Last of Us – No brainer, it was fantastic I’m starting to wonder if everything naughty dog touches turns to gold

PS Vita GOTY – Didn’t vote – Don’t have a vita…YET

Most Anticipated – Infamous Second Son – Huge fan of the series so far but it’s up there alongside Watchdogs, Destiny

The Last of Us. :)

Enzo-Amata 21 December, 2013 @ 12:21 am   46

The Division wasn’t on the list?

@3 What about remote play?

Amine-Tet1 21 December, 2013 @ 12:57 am   48

The last of us
The last of us
And the last of us

dutch-unit 21 December, 2013 @ 2:12 am   49

PS3 GOTY – The Last of Us

Most anticipated – Watch Dogs

Most anticipated would be Persona 5…right !

Load all