Posted 12:00pm

The 12 deals of Christmas – deal #11

GTA5

It’s the home stretch, now and with only two more deals to go, we’ve saved a couple of crackers! First up visit PlayStation Store and pick up one of the games of the generation, Grand Theft Auto 5 for PS3, and then show your PS Vita some love and grab Guerrilla Games‘ peerless Killzone Mercenary at up to 50% off!

These deals go live today, Saturday 21st December, and last for 48 hours.

Don’t forget, if you want us to send you a notification of the latest deal straight to your email inbox then opt in here.

Deal 11:

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS3)

Was €69.99/AU$109.95/£49.99, now €44.99/AU$79.95/£34.99

Killzone Mercenary (PS VITA)

Was €34.99/AU$47.95/£29.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£14.99

SD: Was €3.99, now €0.99

HD: Was €4.99, now €1.99

Spain:

Half Past Dead

SD: Was €1.99, now €0.99

HD: Was €2.99, now €1.99

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

214 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

adrianinflorida 21 December, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   1

One to go

Faustofausto 21 December, 2013 @ 12:02 pm   2

Jeez… I’ve just bought the Killzone…

SuperSaiyan4 21 December, 2013 @ 12:03 pm   3

*epic facepalm* so it was all lies then huh? I guess we aren’t all singing a different tune now eh? Absolute rubbish.

Shou_Kobayashi 21 December, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   4

Hmmm .__.; still nothong on for me.. well better luck in the next one (i.e. monday). Let’s hope it’s the one I’m looking for :s

I hope the last of us has more of a discount in-tune with AC4 – thats the money im willing to spend.

Luis_FFgamer 21 December, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   6

So i’m guessing The Last of Us will be the last deal? was hoping for NFS Rivals to upgrade it to ps4.

MatGajewski 21 December, 2013 @ 12:05 pm   7

Killzone – this is definitely going on my memory card :D

So, hideously overpriced GTA5 today and…

…butchered version of TLoU tomorrow? Assuming that’s the case, just import yourselves a US copy guys. SCEE censored the hell out of the EU version.

awesome price for killzone, pretty shocking ‘special’ for gta, i mean at least you’ve managed to match australian retail price..

why kilzone ????????????
plz next deal morethan 1 game :D

EvilKiwi1976 21 December, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   11

This is a terrible deal. This game has been out for 3 months and I bought my copy back then for less. Given the original PS Store price is inflated its a good deal but not compared to copies available elsewhere.

DarkArchoNx66 21 December, 2013 @ 12:08 pm   12

10 euros off and it would be perfect. I could probably find it online for less than 30 quid, but that’s asking a lot.

Gonna play GTAV this Christmas.

Will all deals go live again? Cuz I missed something. Please respond :)

@ Luis_FFgamer

I’m pretty sure NFS isn’t upgradeable anyway. I can’t see the little picture anyway.

ste_the_legend 21 December, 2013 @ 12:09 pm   15

Disappointed. Hoping for TLOU next but it will probably be more than the £25 you can buy it for on disc in the shops.

Yikes!

Still nothing… Damn let’s hope monday brings something good. This is a pretty good deal though. Cheapest I can find GTA V here is 48 € so not bad.

But please now. Splinter cell: blacklist as next deal. 30 € or less and that’ll make me happy.

Unholy_Light 21 December, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   18

And again – UK got bigger discount… Great…

Brutally poor! GTA 5 is £32 in ASDA. It isn’t a bargain if it’s more expensive than retailers.

darthMUMPTY 21 December, 2013 @ 12:12 pm   20

Aaaaannnddd…..nothing again……sigh. also can get gta v cheaper on disc. Also pretty sure NFS has been on a deal….and no u cant revisit previous deals…sorry

Lol what?? GTAV is cheaper on disc. Should have made it £25…

Cro-Legend 21 December, 2013 @ 12:13 pm   22

Hopefully TLOU commes on Monday as the last x-mas deal (and hopefully with reasonable price) :-)

FatalExpert 21 December, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   23

Some Santa Claus you turned out to be Chris – If I were 30 years younger I’d empty my bladder all over your knee.

Cleggworth 21 December, 2013 @ 12:14 pm   24

@ luis

need for speed has already been on and it is not an upgradeable title

KaneTheGoth 21 December, 2013 @ 12:15 pm   25

@Bovrillor

I heard it was a few multiplayer edits (to please other countries ridiculous censorship laws) – is there single player content missing too?

Unholy_Light 21 December, 2013 @ 12:16 pm   26

@JaRzYn666
They won’t show up again, so if you missed something you, then you missed it.

These deals are actually pretty good in my opinion .. not for me though. I already own both games.

Was so desperate for a game I bought pixeljunky yesterday, as I expected the game was nothing for me .. so I also bought terraria (which I really enjoy)

I really hope we get P4G for the last deal. Otherwise it would be the biggest disappointment ever. I, like many others have been waiting for thw P4G since the start of the deals.

Luis_FFgamer 21 December, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   28

@ackack yeah you’re right nfs isn’t one of the games you can upgrade :(

teh-G-Virus 21 December, 2013 @ 12:17 pm   29

Will there be any discount on the annual PS+ subscription in the near future?

Picked up GTA V from ozgameshop.com a few weeks back for less than the discount price, so feeling good on that one :) I’ve got no interest in Killzone personally, but it’s a good price for it. Now the wait begins for the last sale!

Is Killzone Mercenary already scheduled for the IGC?

Dungmsteph 21 December, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   32

Ha ha, what a joke, GTA IV for close to $80 on “sale”?!
Got it for $30 on Amazon digital…

superJCwarrior 21 December, 2013 @ 12:18 pm   33

35 quid? I thought this was a sale. Already had GTA anyway but I still haven’t bought anything with only one deal remaining, its almost like my money isn’t wanted.

Dungmsteph 21 December, 2013 @ 12:19 pm   34

I meant GTA V

PS. I know you guys hinted at P4G .. but could you PLEASE confirm if it’s among the 12 deals or if it will come in a later deal or something? There are a “lot” of people waiting for that one .. (a LOT)

Happy holidays!

Yeah Killzone Mercenary is a good deal. GTA on the other hand..you have brought it down to retail price.There is also the texture pop in problem that the disc version doesn’t have :?

@KaneTheGoth

TLoU’s single-player was unaffected

The Multiplayer was heavily censored. All gore, dismemberment etc. was removed aside from a tiny blood spatter to show hit markers.

Aside from the compromised artistic integrity, it actually gives U.S. players an advantage, as it’s easier to tell which weapons your team are being attacked with (the removed kill effects are weapon-specific).

It was done to appease Germany’s censorship laws – we need to show SCEE that the rest of Europe are unwilling to suffer simply because they can’t be bothered to tailor to individual regions.

SCEE keep telling us ‘Europe is complex, so prices vary across regions’ – yet we all get stuck with regulations from a single region. They can’t have it both ways.

yeeeeeeeeeeeees ! finally !!!

RazielCuts 21 December, 2013 @ 12:30 pm   39

Bring Rain back! I swear that was only on for a day and everything else was up for 2/3.

@RazielCuts it may have seemed like it but it was up two days like everything else. When we’ve been counting days until the next sale it kinda sticks with you :)

alice_push_lara2 21 December, 2013 @ 12:34 pm   41

i’ll just wait for KZ:M on IGC, i can foresee it is coming….

0/11 deals for me.

Hoping for P4G in the last.

Silent_Gig 21 December, 2013 @ 12:35 pm   43

If the last of us is just £10 off then i might not get it..

so hoping the next vita game is dragon’s crown…

Max-Power-X 21 December, 2013 @ 12:40 pm   45

Nice price for Killzone, I’m definetly getting that. I’m hoping for Tearaway on the next deal.

Silent_Gig 21 December, 2013 @ 12:40 pm   46

Its a little annoying ill be missing out on ac4 because of waiting to see if the last of us is a good deal or not..

With TLoU on Monday, which I already have, AC4 and Payday 2 it has been for me. A weak selection of games and prices for the most part. I would of picked up Diablo 3 but at £30 no thanks.

Hopefully next year prices can beat those on the likes of Amazon.

Thanks for the two I picked up. AC4 has been surprisingly brilliant. I was a tad sceptical giving how boring on near biblical proportions AC3 was, but AC4, as I have said, has been brilliant.

im not a fan of fps games in general but i have heard that killzone is a must have game for the vita so im tempted to see if it can be the first fps game i have enjoyed since resistance 2 (the one before that was timesplitters 2)

GTA 5 is not a good price which everyone knows but it has more to do with rockstar than sony and chris, however i think when a publisher allows a discount and its still such a high price that game should just be in a standard weekend flash sale and not placed in a high profile showcase sale such as this one is supposed to be.

dark_angel69 21 December, 2013 @ 12:41 pm   49

Both great games there. But sadly there hasn’t been a single thing in the sale for me this year. Aw well. There’s always hope for the next sale

Great deal. Too bad I don’t have any space left on Vita to buy Killzone digital.

Load all