Happy Christmas from PlayStation Blog!
Hi there everyone. Time for a quick festive post to wish you all the very best on Christmas morning from everyone here at PlayStation. To all those who celebrate it, I hope you have a great day with friends and family, give and receive some cracking gifts, and manage not to over-eat too grossly. And to those of you who don’t, have a great day too, and try not to kill too many brain cells with all that festive TV, yes?
Also, I’ll take the opportunity to say a big thank you for frequenting PlayStation Blog over the past 12 months and keeping us all on our toes. It’s been a big year, to be sure. We’ve welcomed over two million new readers in 2013 – if you’re among the newcomers, many thanks for joining us!
Up for a few more stats? It’s Christmas, of course you are!
- We published over 1,300 posts in 2013, up a smidge from 1,154 in 2012.
- You commented on said posts over 52,000 times. Thanks!
- SCEE staff and guest contributors responded to over 4,000 of those comments. We’ll try and do even better next year, promise.
- The top three most read posts of the year were:
- PlayStation at Gamescom 2013: The best place to play.
- PlayStation 4: The ultimate FAQ.
- PlayStation Plus in November: Metal Gear Rising, Remember Me, more.
- We uploaded a whopping 1,231 videos to YouTube in 2013. The three most viewed clips? Surprise, surprise – all were PS4 related:
1. PlayStation 4 pre-E3 teaser (7.7 million+ views)
2. A Demonstration of Play with Tinie Tempah for PS4 (1.7 million+ views)
3. PlayStation 4 February reveal event teaser (1.49 million+ views) – Note: I really, really enjoyed uploading this one
- The most watched game trailers of the year were:
1. The PlayRoom (605k views)
2. DRIVECLUB (502k views)
3. inFAMOUS: Second Son (481k views)
- Over on Twitter, our @PlayStationEU feed Tweeted over 2,600 times. You were kind enough to RT a few of those – the three most shared posts being:
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) June 11, 2013
PS4 has now sold a recordbreaking 2.1 million units worldwide. Thank you! See our launch night video here: http://t.co/OWbknlMHXi
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) December 3, 2013
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) November 14, 2013
- Our Instagram account certainly existed in 2012, but we really started giving it some proper TLC this year, posting 208 images and video clips from PlayStation events around the globe. Not checked it out yet? You should! It’s quite good! Take a look at a few choice images below:
- Finally, Facebook. Of the 450+ posts on our timeline this year, the following updates were the most ‘liked’. Again, PS4 ruled the roost:
Phew, I’m off to cool myself down after all those numbers. Love that data. Once again, thanks to everyone who’s read a post, commented on a post and, of course, all those wonderful game developers who’ve taken the time to actually write a post. SCEE salutes you all. Please do join us again in 2014. We *may* have a new look PlayStation Blog to show you before the year is too old!
Have a wonderful Christmas, and do let us know if you’ve found anything cool under the tree. Someone must have got a videogame or two, right?