Posted 25 December

Happy Christmas from PlayStation Blog!

11450579995_d0fa1f9a5a_b

Hi there everyone. Time for a quick festive post to wish you all the very best on Christmas morning from everyone here at PlayStation. To all those who celebrate it, I hope you have a great day with friends and family, give and receive some cracking gifts, and manage not to over-eat too grossly. And to those of you who don’t, have a great day too, and try not to kill too many brain cells with all that festive TV, yes?

Also, I’ll take the opportunity to say a big thank you for frequenting PlayStation Blog over the past 12 months and keeping us all on our toes. It’s been a big year, to be sure. We’ve welcomed over two million new readers in 2013 – if you’re among the newcomers, many thanks for joining us!

Up for a few more stats? It’s Christmas, of course you are!

• We published over 1,300 posts in 2013, up a smidge from 1,154 in 2012.
  • You commented on said posts over 52,000 times. Thanks!
  • SCEE staff and guest contributors responded to over 4,000 of those comments. We’ll try and do even better next year, promise.
  • The top three most read posts of the year were:
  1. PlayStation at Gamescom 2013: The best place to play.
  2. PlayStation 4: The ultimate FAQ.
  3. PlayStation Plus in November: Metal Gear Rising, Remember Me, more.
  • We uploaded a whopping 1,231 videos to YouTube in 2013. The three most viewed clips? Surprise, surprise – all were PS4 related:

1. PlayStation 4 pre-E3 teaser (7.7 million+ views)

2. A Demonstration of Play with Tinie Tempah for PS4 (1.7 million+ views)

3. PlayStation 4 February reveal event teaser (1.49 million+ views) – Note: I really, really enjoyed uploading this one ;)

• The most watched game trailers of the year were:

1. The PlayRoom (605k views)

2. DRIVECLUB (502k views)

3. inFAMOUS: Second Son (481k views)

•  Over on Twitter, our @PlayStationEU feed Tweeted over 2,600 times. You were kind enough to RT a few of those – the three most shared posts being:

• Our Instagram account certainly existed in 2012, but we really started giving it some proper TLC this year, posting 208 images and video clips from PlayStation events around the globe. Not checked it out yet? You should! It’s quite good! Take a look at a few choice images below:

• Finally, Facebook. Of the 450+ posts on our timeline this year, the following updates were the most ‘liked’. Again, PS4 ruled the roost:

Phew, I’m off to cool myself down after all those numbers. Love that data. Once again, thanks to everyone who’s read a post, commented on a post and, of course, all those wonderful game developers who’ve taken the time to actually write a post. SCEE salutes you all. Please do join us again in 2014. We *may* have a new look PlayStation Blog to show you before the year is too old!

Have a wonderful Christmas, and do let us know if you’ve found anything cool under the tree. Someone must have got a videogame or two, right?

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

58 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Oh my! That sweater is amazing! Where can I get one of these? Oh, and enjoy holidays.

VitalogyPJ 25 December, 2013 @ 9:24 am   2

“You commented on said posts over 52,000 times. Thanks!”

“SCEE staff and guest contributors responded to over 4,000 of those comments. We’ll try and do even better next year, promise.”

Feedback on this blog as always been the worst I ever seen, actually in the EU forums as well, so I guess its a SCEE issue overall which isn’t a surprise to anyone.

Doing some math you’ll come to the result of 0,0769230769230 replies per comment. I’ll leave you to your thoughts on this.

And by the way, you’re going to “try to do better”? TRY!? Losers TRY to do their best, winners simply DO it. So either you do better or just pack your stuff and go home so other person who can actually do a better job takes place.

DoYouLikeMyID 25 December, 2013 @ 9:36 am   3

@Vencalam
I want that sweater too! ;)

@VitalogyPJ
“Doing some math”, they responded to one out of 13 of all comments. Like you wrote, that’s 7.69 % of all comments. What’s worth remembering though, is that not all comments need to be responded to. I’d say about 2/3 of all comments here (like this one) don’t need a reply. And many of the questions repeat in the comments section, so even less comments need to be replied to. That being said, further improvement is always welcome. :)

And to everyone else, happy holidays :D

tremblingwater 25 December, 2013 @ 9:46 am   4

What a great year for Playstation; there was some great moments and hopefully it will last throughout next year – no time to drop the ball Sony!

That jumper is mighty fine. Where can we get one?

Nice sweater, quality rant, Happy Christmas everyone! :)

bennyrafal 25 December, 2013 @ 9:54 am   6

Its your first year here Fred ;)

Vannaa_Girl 25 December, 2013 @ 10:23 am   7

Merry Christmas to everyone :)

I have a feeling it is the start of a very exciting year for us all and cannot wait to see the reveals.

Thank you for the fun posts and articles, game makers and everything in between :p

lmao! that instagram photo which has Gran Turismo 6 in it.
is it only me or did someone else saw what I just saw in that photo?
EPIC. LOL

Merry Christmas to you all! Even to those of you that need to complain on Christmas morning! (yes, VitalogyPJ, I’m looking at you)

Epic sweater there, Fred!

I think I commented on less posts than last year, I’ll try to do better next year.. ;-)

Nightmare966 25 December, 2013 @ 10:42 am   10

No surprises it’s been a great year for SCEE with all the PS4 stuff.

I still remember the February event. Actually, it seems like yesterday, isn’t it amazing how time flies by? I’d like to, as well, say that my favourite video of the year has NOT been given that much of an attention:

Now that’s a tribute to 20 years of gaming :)

I’ll agree, as well, with Vitalogy: Don’t try to make a better job on the replies — DO IT! I hope next year gets a good ratio — and please don’t make all fall on Chris shoulders, he’s precisely the one that takes most of his time to answer our questions — Congratulations and thanks on that too :)

But a good year all in all. A new generation, the amazing PlayStation Plus, and an incredible ton of great games released. Can’t wait for E3 next year for you guys to start unveiling what the future holds.

Merry Christmas to everyone at SCEE and Happy New Year, see you back on January 2014. Cheers! :)

salvogdaze 25 December, 2013 @ 10:46 am   11

Merry Christmas! And there’s the sweater tease again :) Now I must ask my mom if she can make me one of those…

i didn’t know Sony knew how to troll until i saw that Gran Turismo 6 picture in their instagram.

I have to agree with VitalogyPJ also. 48.000 comments that didnt get a reply at all and at least half of the replies were replies like ” we dont have any news to share “. I find the numbers shocking for a company like Sony.
Add to that the countless mistakes with the pricing of games, most recent GTA in the Xmas deals, losing a PS3 title with PS Plus, the Vita evergreen titles which still havent been replaced ( as promised by our blog staff in their minimal replies ) and the lack of any explanation.

captainchunk 25 December, 2013 @ 11:18 am   14

Anyone know where can I get the pad from the first pic?

The sweater is really wonderful. I was already jealous when PS Access got theirs.
If you can get some of those as prizes for a weekend debate, that’d be awesome Fred.
Or give it as a reward to your best contributors of the year! *nudge* *wink* ;)

@VitalogyPJ
Where is the problem with a reply ratio of 7.5%?
There are surely many things to improve, but numbers matter less than quality.
If Jawad for example answers the same questions 2x dozen times with the same answer, this isn’t really a great contribution. While one single quick reply about the “PS4 IGC content only via PS4″ topic would obviously have helped a lot.

So yeah, communication can be improved. Always. Some persons need more improvement than others, that’s natural too.
But I have the impression that they listen and act if possible. And that’s what really matters.

So Merry Christmas to all of you! Gamers and SCEE staff.

solarwind12 25 December, 2013 @ 11:46 am   16

Happy Christmas all, and Fred will you be rewarding the top ten posters/contributors again?, three months plus sub for 2to10, and 12months (i think) for person who posted most comments, who was catkiller1 last year, miss his sensible and (mostly) helpful comments, but i heard new arrivals limited his gaming/spare time… I think it’s flown by, though when your older i guess everything seems so… Well am looking forwards to a good day, nice dinner and trying best to Still be standing tonight, though the Brandy may have other plans for me lol, .. Have a good one, peace on Earth..

VitalogyPJ 25 December, 2013 @ 12:11 pm   17

@chrisboers You should always speak at the moment and for me, today, this post, was The moment, like other moments in the past where I spoke as well.

@Golwar “but numbers matter less than quality.” Quality? Really!? There isn’t quality in scee support, at all. The north american have way better support and even they have reasons to speak about it.

WizzNL got me right when said “half of the replies were replies like ” we dont have any news to share“”, meaning that from the 4000 replies way too many are with that sentence alone which makes the scenario even worst than it is. Other frequent answer is “We’ll investigate and/or look into it so keep comming here for more news”, and you keep comming giving them views/clicks but no news at all from most of the issues reported.

Stating facts and asking for them to do their job better isn’t complaing, I was being hypocritical if I’d say they’re doing a great job supporting consumers.

@VitalogyPJ
As it is christmas I’ll try suppress my frustration, as you obviously didn’t really read or understand my comment.

I didn’t claim that we have great quality, I said that quantity matters less than quality.
I even gave you an example that dropping the same reply, as for example “The game X will be released next week”, is worth less than adressing an urgent topic with one qualified and fast reply, calming down controversial issues ideally before they get too serious and cause to much frustration.

That’s all that I said, that a number as 7.69% means next to nothing. You can have a terrible, as well as fantastic official feedback, with those 7.69%.
Not to forget that a very large part of all comment on the blog don’t address the staff, but instead are discussions between users. As we currently do too.
Or that sometimes one reply answers the question of many. So 7.69% is a lot better than it seems at first.

So to sum it up: If you want to critcize, do so more specific (as I did with the “PS4 IGC content only via PS4″ example) instead to rant about a meaningless number.

Peace and out.

triplejmzu8 25 December, 2013 @ 1:04 pm   19

Merry christmas!

Merry Christmas! And here is a +1 for the sweater request. Could you either tell us whether we can buy it somewhere or if you have a pattern for it?

cannae-dae-it 25 December, 2013 @ 1:12 pm   21

That sweater look awesome whoever got that will be one happy person.

Merry Christmas to all at Playstation, can’t wait to see what you have in store for us in 2014.

This year is going to be epic for gaming. :)

Witcher70 25 December, 2013 @ 1:14 pm   22

Oooh i too would love that sweater its in my favourite colour too ! its been a great year for Playstation and i look forward to what 2014 will bring me and my PS4

mudstuff_psx 25 December, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   23

Merry Christmas! I also want the sweater, make them available for purchase please!

Paquete89 25 December, 2013 @ 1:17 pm   24

Merry Christmas to everyone on the blog staff. It must have been a stressful year for you guys, enjoy the quite time with your family. Maybe play some videogames with the kids ;)

@VitalojyPJ: Enjoy your christmas man, this is not the time for complaints ;) and like others said, for you to take those numbers and criticize the blog staff you would have to do a much more in depth analysis. For example, the “weekend debate” posts are some of the most commented ones. But those are meant to be a discussion between the blog readers, the staff is never involved. Other times a lot of people ask the same question and they only answer to one of them. Etc, etc. This is the time for joy with the family, go have fun with some games ;) Feliz Natal

Witcher70 25 December, 2013 @ 1:21 pm   25

Only part of my comment was posted !

Fred as of 1st December 2013 2.1 million PS4s have been sold now the PS4 is available in 49 countries surely its now more than 2.1 million ? any updates on that ? Also looking forward to the new look blog. Merry xmas

RedMustang72 25 December, 2013 @ 2:06 pm   26

Merry Xmas everyone!! :)

Lexingtongue 25 December, 2013 @ 2:23 pm   27

It is the blog staff’s job to respond to comments and therefore the criticism is valid and I fervently agree with it. Many a time my questions have gone unanswered on here, much to my frustration. Much improvement is needed in SCEE’s support staff to avoid this frustration in future.

TehPunizher 25 December, 2013 @ 2:59 pm   28

Merry Christmas to everyone at SCEE, friends and Family, and a Merry Christmas to everyone in the Blog!!!

ps; i will makes my wish list/what i would like to be improved on the blog on a new year thread ;)

Silent_Gig 25 December, 2013 @ 4:11 pm   29

Merry Christmas to all those hardworking souls at SCEE – put down the work and enjoy some family/friends time~

Oh btw, i want one of those sweaters – theyre awesome!

geoffreyc60 25 December, 2013 @ 4:32 pm   30

Very disgruntled customer PSN down now almost 24 hours – not a very merry xmas

PS4 going on ebay

transpondster 25 December, 2013 @ 4:48 pm   31

We will get PS Blog redesign? Looking forward to this)

Happy Christmas PSBlog and everyone els

Have to agree with geoffreyc60, sat down last night to play Battlefield 4 and couldn’t get on because of PSN down, same today. What’s the point of paying for a PS4, PS Plus, Battlefield and Battlefied Premium if I can’t get a single online game over xmas?

The PS4 – welcome to the future of online gaming, what a joke.

Might be new owners of ps4 that causing your issues as when I went on my gt6 today it was working fine, merry Christmas everyone on this blog

NarakaSoul-VR2 25 December, 2013 @ 7:49 pm   35

Why are we paying for network features when all i get is ‘playstation network is currently busy’

Epic Fail Sony-

NarakaSoul-VR2 25 December, 2013 @ 7:54 pm   36

Also maybe in 2014 you guys can put more effort into the job and get the simple things right on the store…… i.e BORDERLANDS 2 add-on sale (no price change)!

ten-bucks 25 December, 2013 @ 9:49 pm   37

Also love the sweater. Online play with bf4 on ps3 and killzone mercenary on vita no problems but I would be raging paying all that money for a chunk of crap that works sometimes. And where are the 2 yearly vita games. There must be something in the pipeline? Keeping gamers in the dark is really shabby.

Happy Christmas PSBlog team. Keep at it!

evilwitch83 26 December, 2013 @ 2:02 am   39

You like stats?
US still gets 3 PS3 games every month while have been reduced to 2 PS3 games for the last 3 months.
US regularly gets 50% plus discounts in their sales while we get 10% off in our sales or nothing at all.

FRAZZ2010 26 December, 2013 @ 2:27 am   40

Merry Xmas to u guys too , hope u all have a great holiday , but I have to agree with comments 2 and 9 , 4000 replies to 52000 comments is pretty poor to say the least , hope u guys can do MUCH better next year.

Happy Christmas to you team also .

2 problems left =

1- why zen pinbal 2 tabels on ps3 u get ps4 version to + a vita version
i buy on ps4 + i see on blog if you buy on ps4 you do not get ps3 version = no problem , buth noting about also need to pay to get a vita version !!! ( wil not suport zen team enimore if them not give ps4 users ps vita version = bigest reason i suport the game i buy al tabel , untile nowh ).

2-when i download cod dlc on ps4 , i download everiting 2 x = why ?

Jep sony PAYING service goth lots of problems yesterday .

I want a Playstation jumper now!

Sony, you should start making branded clothing / bags etc.

how many of those unanswered posts about the removel of the Singstar ap and being completely ignored?

We’re up to 43 comments in here without a single reply, especially about the issue of PSN being down Xmas Eve and Xmas Day.

We’ve supported you by buying the PS4 even when you turned up with a poor launch lineup, you could at least keep your network up so we can play the multi platform games we’ve bought. Otherwise it looks like XB1 with their cloud computing would have been the better choice for multi platform games. Doesn’t matter if we get 1080p versions of games if the network is down and we can’t play them.

Getting a solid connection to PSN over Christmas has been very problematic. Anyone with a PS4 and PS+ is paying for this service now and it simply isn’t good enough. SCEE need to make customer service the center of everything they do in 2014.

Rammsoldat 26 December, 2013 @ 11:29 am   47

Yeah yeah merry christmas and all that but please please get some more PSN games on the ps4, all ive had to play since i finished contrast and resogun on the day after launch is that burning dog turd trine 2. I was very hopeful id get the walking dead season 2 started but y’all thought it was fine to put on ps3 and not ps4.

store team fix please
have big foult in mi library
when you download dlc cod goast on ps4 you download everiting 2 x

1 x game + dlc folder in mi library = corect
2 x only dlc folder in mi library = not corect
makes the game also crash when u download en play ath same time .

Happy Christmas or whatever holidays you are celebrating :)

Keep up the good work, haters gonna hater and complainers will always post more than the happy people.

See you next year!

TehPunizher 26 December, 2013 @ 1:48 pm   50

serious this was a Happy/Merry Christmas thread and yet people used it to whine ZZzz… u guys had nothing better to do on the Christmas Day than come to a blog and qq?? lol this community i though the Xbox was bad ;)

Well done to the ones that wished the team a Merry/Happy Christmas, and dint use it to whine :P

Load all