Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:30pm

Toukiden: The Age of Demons hits PS Vita next month – new screens

Hello, hello! It’s been a while. Today, I would like to talk about our upcoming title Toukiden: The Age of Demons developed for the PlayStation Vita. Having sold half a million copies in Japan, it’s coming to Europe on 14th February 2014.

Set against a backdrop inspired by various historical periods of Japan, Toukiden tells the tale of humanity’s last stand for survival. When monstrous demons (Oni) of varying strength and size invaded the world through cracks in space and time and started attacking humans, the only opposition came from the Slayers; a caste that has always secretly protected mankind from their murderous intent.

Eight years after the Oni first appeared, a brave young Slayer embarks on a journey to thin the numbers of the enemy and help humanity survive.

The player character (YOU!)
You take on the role of this young warrior and can fully customise their appearance, weapons and armour, and form a group of hunters to take down the destructive Oni.

Slayers
The Slayers organisation has secretly dealt with the Oni threat for more than a thousand years. Since large numbers of Oni appeared eight years ago during the event known as the Awakening, they have served as the guardians of mankind and taken centre stage in the land’s history. The warriors that serve within the organisation are also referred to as Slayers. With the unique ability to slay the Oni and purify their carcasses from the miasma infecting the land, they refer to themselves as the “demons who slay demons.”

Oni
The strange, demon-like creatures came from another world to devour the souls of living beings and change them into their own life force. The larger Oni also possess the ability to regenerate any limbs that they may have lost. For more than 1,000 years, the Slayers have fought against them from the shadows, but when vast hordes of them appeared eight years ago during the Awakening, the order of the world was permanently disrupted.

Possessing a potent life force, the Oni have the remarkable ability to regenerate themselves. No matter how much damage their bodies may take, they will look for an opportunity to recover as long as they have sufficient life force remaining.

You have to work together with the other Slayers to destroy their body parts and then use the Ritual of Purification to prevent the Oni from regenerating.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons for the PS Vita will be available in Europe (in physical and digital formats) on 14th February, 2014. For more information about the game, please visit the official site.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

44 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

looks crazy good =)

Chin Soon Sun 14 January, 2014 @ 3:50 pm

Thank you. It’s indeed very beautiful! Can’t wait to show you guys more of it!

jos3moreira 14 January, 2014 @ 3:51 pm   2

I’ve been waiting for sooooooooooooo long for this game :)
Cant wait to put in on my Vita and never take it out!

Great graphics, but what type of game is it? Is it like demon souls ?
Also any info about the price?
Any idea if we will get a demo? it will be nice :)

i hope there’s a demo so I can check if I dont suck too much at it, lol.

Also, a lot of us have been bugging the PSblog staff for a sale on the Atelier games for the Vita. Is there any chance for a sale on those games in the future?

I already have Totori so I was hoping for a sale on Meruru Plus =P
Please Tecmo?

From what I can see, it seems like a Monster Hunter type of game. That’s not bad, I enjoyed Soul Sacrifice on my PS Vita. Let’s hope there’s a demo. A gameplay trailer would have been nice, too.

Awesome! Been looking forward to this game. I’ve already made a japanese account to be able to play the demo, but I was so lost in Japanese language :D

Chin Soon Sun 14 January, 2014 @ 5:17 pm

I was playing Japanese version before and I got no clue until it’s localized. This is a good one, can’t wait until February now!

TeddyBearTwinkle 14 January, 2014 @ 4:28 pm   7

gtaV is way better then EVERY PS3/PS4 GAME including all future ps3 ps4 games :D

Artemisthemp 14 January, 2014 @ 4:32 pm   8

#7 Stop trolling.

I looking forward to Toukiden and eagerly awaits localization news about Soul Sacrifice Delta.

supersmith2500 14 January, 2014 @ 4:32 pm   9

I seriously love Tecmo Koei games. They look great on the PSVita. : )

I’m there day one

Resurrection--X 14 January, 2014 @ 4:38 pm   11

Finally, I have waited for this since before the Japanese release, and I want to thank you for releasing this in a physical copy :)

Now just waiting for Samurai Warriors 4

ThisBeRyan 14 January, 2014 @ 4:40 pm   12

This actually looks amazing, i watched a little bit of gameplay from youtube and the graphics look crazy, very responsive game, looking forward to it, bonus is that it gets released just before my birthday… i know what i’m spending some of my money on :)

tiago-kun 14 January, 2014 @ 4:54 pm   13

:O

I never heard of this game before! (And I read some 4 or 5 sites).
It’s definitely on my radar now, seems very cool!

Chin Soon Sun 14 January, 2014 @ 5:45 pm

We’ll update our website again by the end of this week with more info as well. Stay tuned! and thank you :)

I hope it will have the original Japanese voice with English text:)

Flying_Pig 14 January, 2014 @ 5:13 pm   15

February 14th – Valentine’s Day. I think I could fall in love all over again :)

claTorino 14 January, 2014 @ 5:42 pm   16

i’ll definitely buy it

Samir02982 14 January, 2014 @ 5:54 pm   17

Is there any demo for the game?

Death_-Raven1430 14 January, 2014 @ 5:58 pm   18

will it be available in russian psn?

Silent_Gig 14 January, 2014 @ 6:00 pm   19

I cant tell you how excited iam to play this. This time next month will be fun

haxterwolf 14 January, 2014 @ 6:16 pm   20

I want this game, but I have a question: it is possible to finish this game playing alone?

Released 14th Feb – because nothing says love quite like slaying demons to protect humanity! :)

Just paid the game off today from shopto.net to get the DLC pack!
Can’t wait, looks great!

GastNDorf 14 January, 2014 @ 7:02 pm   23

Preordered already! :)

I hope it will motivate Tecmo Koei to localize more of their games in Europe on Vita (I’m looking at you SW2 HD, DW8, WO3U etc etc… )

evilwitch83 14 January, 2014 @ 7:44 pm   24

I would also like to know if there is any chance of a sale on the Vita Atelier games, or any chance of one of them being one of our Vita plus games?

RemyX-1988 14 January, 2014 @ 7:46 pm   25

Toukiden: The Age of Demons, Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends – Complete Edition and Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster are three of my most anticipated games for PlayStation Vita. Cant wait to play them! Combine that with Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and you can see which family of systems knows what we want!

But seeing as how Toukiden: Age of Demons and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII release on the same day… I wonder what I should play first? ;)

Witcher70 14 January, 2014 @ 7:51 pm   26

Oh wow i’ve got a great week coming up, i’m on holiday for a week. FF: Lightning Returns, the Lego Movie and now Toukiden roll on February :)

king_Shaun900 14 January, 2014 @ 8:25 pm   27

Is this game anything like god of war?

smile_taisou 14 January, 2014 @ 8:38 pm   28

Thanks for bringing this here, and for the original voices!

I can’t wait for this, so many times I actually thought about importing it from Japan. I’ve had it on pre-order for awhile now. A month away seems forever still

It’s like Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi meets Monster Hunter – thank you very much. If you have played any of the Tecmo- Koei Omega Force games then you know what to expect hack & slash euphoria

I also hope that the Samurai Warriors games will be released on PS3/PS4 in the west. Warriors Orochi Ultimate for vita release here as well.

The first retail western release for the PS4 will be Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends (here’s hoping the PS3 save is transferable to the PS4 version.

So please keep them coming and I will buy them all

sukizo2134 14 January, 2014 @ 11:21 pm   30

I’m liking everything I’m seeing so far. Can’t wait for this to come out. Hopefully they’ll be a demo out before the game launches.

Keep up the good work, TK.

I got the japanese version because i couldn’t wait and it looks stunning !!! i really like the character design too !!!
I’d like to know the digital version’s price by the way !

blendercat27 15 January, 2014 @ 7:30 am   32

Hey guys. I’m looking forward to playing this.

Can you confirm that this is coming to Australia, please? I cannot find preorders for this at JB Hifi or any other Australian retailer. Will I need to import it?

Thanks for supporting the PS Vita, and hopefully many more to come. =)

Hello
I haven’t seen your games in Russian PS Store since Atelier Totori Plus. I didn’t had a chance to buy it’s sequel since its digital-only game. Will you continue to ignore us? -_-

Yeah. Firstly, we are still waiting for Meruru Plus. Ans secondly, even NISA already sorted out this imaginary “trouble” with russian rating system. Are you even trying?

Ghost_Draven 15 January, 2014 @ 12:06 pm   35

Yesss!!!
Been waiting for this ever since seeing the first Jap-vids of it. I almost religously buy all the Omega Force games Tecmo/Koei publishes on day 1, and this one does seem a bit like a smoother and richer Trinity

As a great bonus, it’s getting released on the last day I’m working before a 2 week game-vacation I got coming at work, so I’ll have tons of time to spend on it at release

infernalmonkey1 15 January, 2014 @ 12:57 pm   36

Thanks so much for giving this a physical release (and the upcoming Deception game!) Looking forward to picking this up next month!

Chin Soon Sun 16 January, 2014 @ 5:33 pm

Thank you! Let me know what you think about it :) I’m sure you’ll love it <3

kid_Jump94 15 January, 2014 @ 4:32 pm   37

im not really a fan of games like this, but so far im really excited from what ive seen.. cant wait to have it on my vita :D

This looks pretty good from the gameplay videos ive seen.

Any chance it will be coming to PS3?

Preordered. I’m in the mood of slaying some Oni. The GAME website says that the release date here in the UK is the 21st. Hopefully they are wrong, but something else may be released on that day involving some fungus infection.

Either way many people will be Left behind on Valentine’s day. :)

TheobenR7 20 January, 2014 @ 8:58 am   40

Never heard of this game before but you 100% have a day 1 buyer, looks amazing.

Terry_Venables 26 January, 2014 @ 8:32 pm   41

Will the pal version work on my Japanese ps vita tv? Toukiden looks really cool, i’d be interested to buy it!

CloudBelmont 27 January, 2014 @ 3:49 pm   42

Amazing, can’t wait for this. Will try demo first but i know game is so cool.

Btw, hope we can see some discounts for Atelier + games, or a collection etc might be good.

Thanks.

Anti-Chav 28 January, 2014 @ 2:22 am   43

Any update as to when the demo is available in EU/UK?

Sinista4Real 29 January, 2014 @ 3:39 pm   44