Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:01pm

First free Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer maps revealed

Today we’re giving you a sneak peak at the first pair of downloadable multiplayer maps for Killzone Shadow Fall, inspired by key locations from the single-player campaign. The maps will be released to the community free of charge, and will be fully compatible with Killzone Shadow Fall’s Custom Warzone feature.

First up is The Cruiser, a close-to-mid-range combat map set in the confines of a decommissioned ISA cruiser. Consisting of tight, claustrophobic corridors and interconnected compartments, the key to dominating this map is identifying and controlling its choke points.

KZSF_DCL_Cruiser

Next is The Hangar, a wide-open map situated in the hangar bay of one of Helghan’s humongous mining spires. In addition to the main area, which offers long lines of sight suitable for sniping, the map contains alternative routes that will need to be secured for full control.

KZSF_DCL_Hangar

Apart from The Cruiser and The Hanger multiplayer maps, we’re also working on the first DLC expansion pack for Killzone Shadow Fall. We’ll have more information on what it entails and when it’s available in the near future. There’s a whole season of exciting multiplayer content coming to Killzone Shadow Fall, so be sure to pick up the Season Pass to get it all at the best value!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

26 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
yusufmiah97 15 January, 2014 @ 5:09 pm   1

Thanks, for the free maps and multiplayer support, other game companies should be like guerrilla by giving free maps

Good job, keep up the good work, I have been enjoying your MP. Waiting for more info for the next maps.

Any date for the new maps ?

Wonderful. Next up.. Radec Academy :P

Awesome news! Thank you Guerilla Games.

We need release dates for these maps and also the co-op expansion, we’re desperate….

FortyPercent 15 January, 2014 @ 5:57 pm   6

Cruiser looks and sounds fantastic. Thanks for the continuing support for the game, GG.

dylantalon 15 January, 2014 @ 6:35 pm   7

I can’t wait for the next big killzone shadow fall update.

MaxDiehard 15 January, 2014 @ 6:51 pm   8

I keep having an issue since yesterday’s update. Everytime I save a recording or go to Suspend to create messages during multiplayer, I return to the game and the controls become unresponsive, minus the PS Button.

The only way out is closing the Game and restarting, losing all my progress during that match.

solarwind12 15 January, 2014 @ 7:03 pm   9

@MaxDiehard
I haven’t gotten around to the MP yet, still playing story, so i might be off here, but surely that problem for you is actually a fix for others?, i mean is it team based, or if it was what would your team be doing a man ( or more?) short, as i admit i have not experienced the mode for myself so am probably Way wrong. However, even if theres no problems if players abandon the action to message or upload in KZ, i hope the devs in upcoming games kinda ensure your problem happens when it Does matter, for a team etc., as that will prevent being down one or more players, hope you understand my outlook on this, not having go at you.

MaxDiehard 15 January, 2014 @ 7:21 pm   10

@Solarwind12

When players abandon the match, they would obviously be kicked for inactivity. I tend to quickly send messages during re-spawns to friends I’m playing with, because as it stands, I don’t have a PlayStation Camera so text is my only form of communication.

I can tell it’s a bug because I can’t even access the in-game menu to quit via the Options button. Only Share and PS Button are active.

The action is going on around me, I’m eventually killed and I stay in limbo for about a minute. I re-spawn and the controls are still frozen.

Having to quit every time is bad because instantly closing a game in progress like that can potentially corrupt your save.

@MaxDiehard

What’s wrong with the little cheepo headset that came with the console?

MaxDiehard 15 January, 2014 @ 7:43 pm   12

@hayzink

Oh yea, It really must’ve been cheap, totally forgot about it. :3

I wish the movement in MP was the same as SP, its really feels slow & not right in MP. Gun sounds are horrible…
I’ll rather play KZ2/3/Mercenaries online, its a shame SF MP is such a huge step backwards in like every department

solarwind12 15 January, 2014 @ 8:06 pm   14

@ MaxDiehard
Yep, i kinda had a feeling you wasn’t holding your team back, shame about the lost progress as it must be a bug, got to lol about headphone post though, tbh i never even took my set out the plastic bag, hehe, just roll on the firmware for pulse headphones, i hear they Are being supported as they use RF and not bluetooth, hope so anyway.

MaxDiehard 15 January, 2014 @ 8:22 pm   15

@solarwind12

I hope the PULSE firmware comes soon too. I didn’t pay £100 for nothing. Haven’t been on my PS3 for a while, so yea.

MaxDiehard 15 January, 2014 @ 8:23 pm   16

@solarwind12

Can I add you on PSN? It won’t let me because of your privacy settings.

theo_andravida 15 January, 2014 @ 9:32 pm   17

Poria, any news for the update3 of killzone mercenary? You know the date that its coming?I hope its not to big,will it?

loadstone007s 15 January, 2014 @ 10:06 pm   18

Love this game and Guerrilla. You know how to make your games, and I know how to properly say goodbye to my hard earned dinero.

@maxdiehard
I spent $100 on the Premium Sony BT headset, so I’m really hoping not to get ripped off. It would be crazy if they don’t support their own premium headphones. Right?

Thanks GG, keep up the good work ;)

solarwind12 16 January, 2014 @ 2:54 am   20

@ MaxDiehard
Sorry about that, i only use this AC for posting here or on other forums, has probably prevented me from receiving many a insult.
Cannot wait no longer, GT6 has been installing since about 9pm, on 67% atm, but already overdue for my bed so i hope i will still have a home to wake up to, just going to turn tv off and leave ps3 to carry on.. I know it is wrong blog, but anyone heard of the instal taking this long?. Hope i do not need to repeat it again tonight.

Stonesthrow 16 January, 2014 @ 6:57 am   21

Great but this is the first KZ (and the portable ones) that I didn’t really instantly got into and got hooked on.. The singleplayer was impressive in many ways but also felt less Killzone to me, with more exploration, puzzles and slower pacing, reminding more of Half life or even Portal at times.. The Multiplayer really doesn’t do it for me at this point (I’ll probably get into it later) because the max aiming sensitivity is too low for me (DS4 makes it hard enough on me as is..) and the classes, abilities etc just seem more random at this point (which I felt was the case on Vita too). Just how some classes got rid off altogether and mixed in with the others just seems weird to me. Point being, it doesn’t entirely feel like Killzone to me anymore.. Also need more weapons guys! Look at Battlefield and the amount on weapons. Ok these are non existent weapons, but still.. Expected more from the customization as well.. Some extra maps will hopefully draw me back in.

Thanks GG, loving your support!! Now, if we could pooooossibly do a little throwback, maybe Radic Academy, or a Phyrus Rise, that would just be greeaaaat :)

jjvega0365 18 January, 2014 @ 1:31 am   23

esta muy bueno ese juego

Hass_786295 18 January, 2014 @ 12:43 pm   24

This web sight is rubbish

scapegoat308 19 January, 2014 @ 12:59 am   25

Loving the MultiPlayer and can’t wait until these new maps come out.

masedodas 19 January, 2014 @ 8:00 pm   26

Great game really enjoying it, also great to have freebies