Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

PlayStation Store update: Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD hits PS3

First up this week, Aveline has received a makeover and returns in the revamped Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD on PS3. Graphical improvements aside, there are new missions to play through that dive deeper into Aveline’s story.

We’re also into the final week for the January Sale, so if there’s something that caught your eye then you may not want to wait much longer. That said, do not be sad, for next week returns a sale that occurs about once a year. I’m sure you can guess it…

New PlayStation Network content

Content list is subject to change – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

DUST 514: W.A.R. Kit – 100% discount (ends 28th January)

PlayStation 3

EP0001-NPEB01386_00-ACLIBERATIONHDKY_en_THUMBIMG
Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD
Price: £15.99/€19.99
PEGI: 18

PlayStation Mobile

Crystal Ice (£3.99/€4.99)

PS4 DLC

Killzone Shadow Fall

• Delftware Skin Pack (£1.69/€1.99)

PS3 DLC

Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I Don’t Know

• Gunter
  • King Of Mars
  • Peppermint Butler

Price: £1.59/€1.99 each
Availability: Not available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Swizterland

Armored Core: Verdict Day

• ACVD Alternate Music Set (£6.49/€7.99)

Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation HD

• Bonus Pack (£1.59/€.99)

Call of Duty: Ghosts

• Cod: Ghosts – Wolf Skin (£1.69/€1.99)

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness

• A Brighter Darkness – Eclair
  • A Brighter Darkness – Human Priere
  • A Brighter Darkness – Overlord Priere

Price: £2.39/€2.99 each

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy)

• New Year Firework Costume (re-release 1 week only) (Free)

Rocksmith 2

• Oasis – Live Forever (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Oasis – Some Might Say (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Oasis – Supersonic (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Oasis – Wonderwall (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Oasis Song Pack (£9.69/€11.99)
  • ‘Memeshikute’ by Golden Bomber (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Golden Bomber Song Pack (£6.49/€7.99)

Saints Row IV

• Stone Age Pack (£2.39/€2.99)

PS Vita DLC

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy)

• New Year Firework Costume (re-release 1 week only) (Free)

Price drops

On sale

• 4 Elements HD (PS3) – Was £6.49/€7.99, now £2.40/€2.95 (additional 10% off for PS Plus members).
  • SunFlowers (PS Vita) – Was £2.39/€2.99, now £0.95/€1.19 (additional 10% off for PS Plus members).

Offers end 29th January 2014

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

125 Comments 15 Author replies
Show oldest first
supersmith2500 15 January, 2014 @ 3:02 pm   1

Such a quiet Store Update.

Primal_Link 15 January, 2014 @ 3:03 pm   2

Heh not bad I guess, though since I had a copy of liberation on my vita I will just stick to using that.

CrankyDuckHead 15 January, 2014 @ 3:03 pm   3

Shocking update! No US 14 for 14 sale?

Death_-Raven1430 15 January, 2014 @ 3:04 pm   4

when igc games will be announced?

Any news for the IGC?

I’m looking forward to liberation, I don’t like missing out on assassin’s creed for want of a handheld. Now I don’t have to!

Primal_Link 15 January, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   7

Huh I completely forgot some news regarding the IGC is normally around now is it not?

Heres hoping theres something good coming our way, though SS is still keeping me busy…

Where is Netflix on the Vita?

Is it just me or have the store updates been naff just recently :(

Fred Dutton 15 January, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

January is always a quiet time for publishers. Expect things to start getting busier again soon.

Hell-Raiser-85 15 January, 2014 @ 3:08 pm   10

I got Battlefield 4 with China Rising code i went on PS4 PSN store and found it. It said “Free” so I went to download it asked me to proceed to checkout etc and it wants to charged me the £11.99 for it when I get it for free and it said free in the corner. It works and is free on PS3.

What is the best way to go about sorting this out?

Thanks.

Not much going on. Can’t expect a big update every week, of course, but I was hoping for a couple PS4 demoes or something.

Silent_Gig 15 January, 2014 @ 3:10 pm   12

Can anyone on the store team confirm if Monster Monpiece will be appearing on the PS Store?

Are you going to release some more detail on Borderlands 2 for the ps vita? It´s been very quiet, and i wanna know if the release date rumors are true.

Fred Dutton 15 January, 2014 @ 3:14 pm

Nothing to announce today, but look out for an update soon. Sorry I can’t be more specific.

Bovrillor 15 January, 2014 @ 3:12 pm   14

Huh.

Really gutted that the 14 for 14 sale didn’t happen here. It had the only games I actually wanted sale-wise.

I have no idea what this ‘once-a-year-sale’ could be, either :(

The PLUS offerings have been terrible, too. 2 naff hack-n-slash games, and if rumours are true we’ve got 2 ancient FPS games next month. Both good ones admittedly, but both also available for a fiver online.

Some variety, and the missing titles from US + would not go amiss. Anything to take my mind off the rubbish that is Arkham Origins.

Ps4 content is needed as things are getting rather stale. No games, no indies and no apps either :-(

No new PS4 games or apps? :/

Any idea when Basement Crawl will release?

Hi Jawad, :)
Do you have any info about the release for Destiny of Spirits?
And my nephew asked me whether Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z gets a digital release or not have you info’s about that?

Jawad Ashraf 15 January, 2014 @ 5:14 pm

I don’t have info for Destiny of Spirits, but DBZ will be getting a digital release :D

FatalExpert 15 January, 2014 @ 3:14 pm   18

smells like someone just died in here.

ShadowDoGGG 15 January, 2014 @ 3:14 pm   19

When is EU expecting to find out what their February ps+ update is? A lot of people are getting confused because:
1) No EU update at all, only US
2) IGN doesn’t seem to make a point to say only US has confirmed bioshock and the likes
3) A post on facebook makes it looks like ALL PS+ users will get outlast next month.

Oh and an ERROR in the text. The PSM game is “Crystal Ice” and the devs are The Liverpool Office.

New sale next week? Fingers crossed for prices as low as the US ones.

How long till we start getting more PS4 apps? I’m pretty sure a whole bunch were promised to be here before spring, still waiting on YouTube.

Fred Dutton 15 January, 2014 @ 3:56 pm

I can’t confirm new details today, but new apps will be rolled out over the course of the year. We’ll keep you updated here on the blog.

oskarr_uk 15 January, 2014 @ 3:15 pm   23

Any idea when the Lego Marvel DLC will be coming to PS4? The PS3 version appeared last week, but no sign of PS4 it has been on the US store since launch.

“That said, do not be sad, for next week returns a sale that occurs about once a year. I’m sure you can guess it…”

A Vita sale?

Am I safe buying Bioshock Infinite? I see it’s rumoured to be on the IGC but having just finished the second one I’m not sure if I should go ahead and buy it full price right now.

Oh, and Netflix. Vita. Someone needs to get their finger out and continue the device’s momentum. Care to look into it?

Hi Fred!

Any news about the release of Luftrausers? Apparently it’s taking some time…

Fred Dutton 15 January, 2014 @ 3:57 pm

I believe it’s getting pretty close now. Vlambeer will be on here to make the announcement when it’s ready to fly.

Whole reason I haven’t bought PS4 yet is because of the lack of content , which I am disappointed at…really thought store updates and plus updates would be pushing PS4 content :(

The new missions of Liberation for ps3 will be available for the vita version?

The EU store has never had amount of titles = to the year (that’s strictly a US thing) NVM the fact that there has been a January sale going on since Dec. that actually has had more than 14 titles on sale

Not many new games are released following the holidays (Xmas and New Years weren’t that long ago).

well nothing this week, just as well need to tackle some backlog before Toukiden

Where is putty squad in the ps4 store?

Is it true? Bioshock Infinite + Metro: Last Light in February IGC?

Does anyone know what this could mean? :D

rustyhughes 15 January, 2014 @ 3:22 pm   33

Let me think. Its either Final Fantasy 26th Birthday discounts or Vita 2nd Birthday discounts.

Or both? :)

Please say something akin to the US stores Killzone Mercenary discont is coming? :p

Bovrillor 15 January, 2014 @ 3:22 pm   34

Feb PS+ leaked info suggested:

Outlast (PS4)
Bioshock Infinte (PS3)
Metro: Last Light (PS3)

Both great PS3 offerings, but 2 FPS games at the same time? It’s been months since PS+ had something I don’t already own & actually want (DMC & Remember Me? bleeeegh!)

Do you have a release date for TxK on vita?

CreditDue 15 January, 2014 @ 3:26 pm   36

hello,

when will we get more news on Planetside 2?

Seribal_Assassin 15 January, 2014 @ 3:26 pm   37

any news on 2nd episodes of ethier of walking dead or werewolf games??

Bovrillor 15 January, 2014 @ 3:29 pm   38

@ Izorpo – it wasn’t the number of titles that bothered me, just the specific choices. Deus Ex Directors Cut for £8 would have been great, and Blood Dragon would have been nice too. Instead we just get loads of old hat games with dead multiplayer modes that prevent you from getting Platinums.

I really hope that all these fantastic Indies Sony lined up to fill out the gaps in the ps4s release schedule start showing up on store as its totally Barron ATM, unlike the vita which launched with loads of titles ps4 stuff is very thin on the ground and I really hope things start to pick up before phase 2.

To guys asking about plus there vast majority of it has been confirmed outside of the blog.

This site states that Sony have confirmed BioShock for EU http://tinyurl.com/q4hvsjf
Outlast has been confirmed as the ps4′s free title when it launches by the games developer.
Dynasty warriors next on vita has been confirmed for the EU by
tecmo koei europe on there twitter feed.

So I’d say theres a pretty big chance of the other 2 rumored titles which are metro and modnation on vita making up the final 2 titles.

dylanwiggan 15 January, 2014 @ 3:31 pm   40

anyone know if/when mutant mudds deluxe is coming out in the EU?

any updates for the ps4 yet

bo_ya3ga_27 15 January, 2014 @ 3:33 pm   42

I pre ordered AC Liberation and I thought you get the Voodoo pack and a theme with it but nothing of that sorts was available for me. Is there something wrong or am I just talking nonsense? :p

Also I was really hoping for the IGC to be announced today as well since the US got theirs already. I’m really hoping for Bioshock Infinite to be on the IGC sometime soon :(

Also really want a sale or IGC on Farcry Blood Dragon, It’s for 4 bucks right now in the US store. Aaaah! :D Still thnak you guys for your efforts and the services you are providing are wonderful. thanks.

ryannumber3gamer 15 January, 2014 @ 3:36 pm   43

Hey I have some questions…

1.Is there any chance of getting Mega Man Anniversary collection and Mega Man X collection and Klonoa 2 for PS2 classics and Mega Man Powered Up for PSP on the store?

2.is there any chance of Amazing Spider-Man, Retro City Rampage, Sound Shapes, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and The Walking Dead Season 1 Vita, coming to PS Plus?

Thanatos177 15 January, 2014 @ 3:37 pm   44

Hi guys, I’d like to buy The Legend of Dragoon and Xenogears so bad. Why is it not possible from the eu store?
Can you do something about it? They’re downloadable from the us store after all!

Bovrillor 15 January, 2014 @ 3:40 pm   45

Well I guess that’s good news for everyone else. Metro Last Light was my GOTY by a mile… far better (gameplay-wise) than TLoU.

Bioshock Infinite is awesome too.

But we keep getting really same-ey PS+ content. 2 FPS games this month, 2 not-so-great slasher games before that. Losing that third PS3 title REALLY hurt the variety… and the long-term stuff really needs changing. Uncharted 3 Single player, still, really?

The last PS+ title I actually wanted (and didn’t already own) was Xcom, and that’s now been superceded by a much better sequel/expansion. That was like… 4 months ago? Maybe more?

Also lots of people are quite rightly asking if we get something similar to the 14 for 14 sale and others are replying that we got the Jan sale!

Let’s not kid ourselfs the prices offered in the 14 for 14 sale once again blow our prices out of the water, they get killzone vita for $9 yet when it was on sale here the best that was offered was £15 with extra 10% for plus.
This is not an isolated incident it keeps happening over and over again.
We get shafted on hardware prices, we pay more for games, we pay more for plus and we get less content.

In the past there better sale’s were justified by stating we get better games in the igc which was true but now its not as we pretty much get the same content except the USA get more as we all know.

I have always supported Sony and I bought a ps3,vita and ps4 day one but I’m not doing it ever again as there focus and promotional budget is constantly more in favor of the USA while we get the scraps that are left over.

Have we ever actually been given an answer to why the USA’s plus service is getting more content than the EU?

I’m making a point and I don’t need a reply to this as at the end of the day it will be typical pr fluff that won’t address the issues.

evilwitch83 15 January, 2014 @ 3:45 pm   47

@Izorpo
The thing which bothers me is how much cheaper the games are in the US sale. For example, Puppeteer was £14.40 for in our ‘sale’, while SCEA customers got it for $7 (£4.27).

@Fred
Will the sale next week have better plus discounts?

Any chance the ‘once a year’ sale is for PS+ memberships?

@evilwitch83

I think you know deep down our prices will never come close the the USA’s 50% offerings and when we factor in exchange rates as well we get smoked on prices.

I do however applaud your persistence on this matter

The once a year sale is bound to be the final fantasy stuff as iut goes on sale about once a year

Load all