Posted 11:03am

Big savings on classic Final Fantasy games start today

FinalFantasySale_FeaturedImage_EN

This week, the ever-popular annual Final Fantasy sale is back for your pleasure.

Save a chunk of Gil on almost all of the mainline entries that are available on PS Store, as well as the Dissidia titles and FF Tactics: War of the Lions. With Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (demo also available today) and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD only a few weeks away (very excited for this!), there’s a lot of FF to get stuck in to.

All offers run from 22nd January until 5th February 2014. PlayStation Plus members receive an additional 10% discount on all titles.

Final Fantasy I

Was £13.99/€17.99, now £6.99/€8.99

Dissidia duodecim prologus
Was £1.19/€1.49, now £0.78/€0.98

Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
Was £15.99/€19.99, now £7.99/€9.99

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

145 Comments 28 Author replies
Show oldest first

pinkplaybunny 22 January, 2014 @ 11:07 am   1

What happened to FF3?

Jawad Ashraf 22 January, 2014 @ 11:28 am

With great sadness this one had to be left out. Hopefully in the future we will try and get a sale on it separately.

AdamBogocz 22 January, 2014 @ 11:10 am   2

PS Store team, please, why we still dont have IGC list for February ??

The xbox sale price for X-2 is better. :-|

So excited! Been waiting for this; thanks guys. Can’t wait till it goes live and I lose the next few weeks of my life rediscovering old classics.

XIII-2 obviously not X-2

matirishhh 22 January, 2014 @ 11:13 am   6

Jawad do you know where is FFVII CRISIS CORE? I actually loved that game on my PSP, would like to revisit it on the VITA too!

Is Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy any good as a fighting game? or it’s just a buttom smasher ? Also does it have enough containt for 10 euros ?

Jawad Ashraf 22 January, 2014 @ 11:31 am

It has TONS of content. I barely scratched the surface of the first game. 012 includes the first game’s content and its own, so it’s definitely a very beefy game.

LordRastan 22 January, 2014 @ 11:13 am   8

Hi, how many of this games are available on vita? and…where could I find them?

Thanks!!!

Jawad Ashraf 22 January, 2014 @ 11:32 am

All the PS one and PSP titles are compatible with Vita. You can find them on the Vita, PS3 or online Store.

TommasoScalici 22 January, 2014 @ 11:14 am   9

PS Store, why we can’t have all FF titles avalaible on PS4? I would buy immediately if it would be so.
(I know I can buy a PS3 or a PS Vita for that, but I just don’t want to get a “old” console now that PS4 is out)

Why only until 5th Febrauary :( I’ll get my payment on 10th :/

Romburner 22 January, 2014 @ 11:20 am   11

Still showing full price for me

Why is Final Fantasy 3 never on sale? It’s there in store for £12 but never gets cheaper…

FatalExpert 22 January, 2014 @ 11:23 am   13

Not knocking the series, (I own most of them spread across multiple platforms) but why always with the rehashed sales?

Silent_Gig 22 January, 2014 @ 11:23 am   14

I already own FF1 trough 9 digitally, i also have war of the lions too. good deal for any FF ppl missing their digital collection

@ Rochala

Yes! Dissidia 012 is a fantastic game with easily 60 hours of content with three storylines, a great collection of characters, plenty of treasure to find in the overworld map and desire to unlock better moves and skills as you level up your characters. Plus ad-hoc versus and the ability to record all your fights and convert them to .avi files to watch back anywhere.

It also plays like no other fighting game I’ve played and has two modes. Action mode where your in full control of your character and RPG mode where your character is semi-automated, neither of which restricts content.

I’d pay £30 pound for it nevermind £10!

Hope this helps xD

I love all the old final fantasy’s but I bought them all first time they went on sale, sometimes there’s another sale that runs alongside this one is there anything else happening this week?

LordRastan 22 January, 2014 @ 11:27 am   17

IGC games for february tomorrow….?!?!??!?

why?!

you usually inform us about the middle of the month for a release on last wednesday or even sooner…

And there are a lot of people guessing if they are modnation and dinasty warriors… (dinasty is even confirmed by toei facebook…)

aarrhghhh…. I cant stand the wait…

ok… we will wait until tomorrow…

@Xion1116

Thanks for the reply, seems that I’ll get it after all :)

rustyhughes 22 January, 2014 @ 11:28 am   19

Might have to plump for IX and Dissidia 012 at those prices…

@Rochala, Dissidia has a lot of content and is quite a technical 3d fighter – definately not a button masher.

But where oh where is Crisis Core?! Why are Square Enix not allowing us the chance to play one of the best psp games made on our Vitas?

THE_FORCE 22 January, 2014 @ 11:28 am   20

Pre-ordered my Vita copy of X/X-2 HD yesterday. Roll on March 21st!

Second time we have offers in FF games, econd time FF3 is not part of the offer…

Also, do you really think Dissidia 012 is a nice offer at 9,99€? I still see it very expensive…

Just want to reiterate what others are saying, the lack of discount on FF3 is very disappointing.

It’s a PSP port of a DS game that has never shifted in price on the store. Surely you can at least drop it to £7.99 like FF4 and Dissidia 012.

jawad and team. please please please release Final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 on indian PSN store.

The whole FF3 and Crisis Core thing I’m pretty sure would be up to the publishers e.g. Square Enix, so its not really fair to moan at the PS team here.

May pick up a few of these sales, not sure yet though I did just get Tales of Graces F in the last sale after all.

Prawny_NZ 22 January, 2014 @ 11:35 am   25

Hi, great sale, been waiting for this. FF8 still seems to show as normal price though in the Vita store, with just the PS+ discount on it. The others seem to have dropped down ok though.

Also, if anyone at Square Enix is reading this, yes there are thousands of people interested in digital copies of:

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Final Fantasy Type-0

bidbaldwolf86 22 January, 2014 @ 11:40 am   27

I’m with you Jawad about FFX HD. I already have 1-9 on my Vita and FFC is the reason I bought it. I haven’t played it in 10 years and ‘m excited to play it again.

@Rochala

You should get Dissidia 012. It has a ton of content and includes the entire first game as Jawad said. It will give you so much value for the price of it

ElessarCan 22 January, 2014 @ 11:40 am   28

We are missing Final Fantasy 7-8-9 on Turkey PSN Store please put them for FF fans out here. Thanks in advanse….

Jawad Ashraf 22 January, 2014 @ 11:58 am

These should be going live today for most of the previously missing regions, including Turkey :)

jawad and team. please please please release Final fantasy 7, 8 and 9 on Ukrainian PSN store.

Can you explain why are there only few FF games on Croatia Psn? If there were special rules,maybe they are no more valid since Croatia entered European union not long ago.
Also,why is there only Wild arms 1 visible?

Please elaborate this.

Jawad Ashraf 22 January, 2014 @ 12:00 pm

Each publisher calls that decision per title. With that said, they will be available today in Croatia, too. Please give some time before content rolls out.

Un1eashedGR 22 January, 2014 @ 11:49 am   31

i think you should put on sale the lbp ff costumes it would be pretty cool ’cause they look awesome but they are a bit expensive. Also, i haven’t played any FF ever and i wanted to start with FF X X-2 HD in March. Do you think i should start with any of those instead? i really like the look of FF IV Complete edition.

Jawad Ashraf 22 January, 2014 @ 12:07 pm

Apart from the linked sequels (-2), you can start wherever you like.

My personal favourites are VI, VIII, X and XII (for that great gameplay). They’re all good in their own right and have special moments. Play them all, hehe!

I think II is the non-conventional one in the series though, and the only one in the numbered lineup I didn’t finish… One of these days!

Since Jawad is replying to questions:

Is there any chance we can get these PS1 Final Fantasy titles updated to their NTSC 60hz variants like several other PS1 titles on the store?

These games are notorious for being quite slow RPGs, combined with the 50hz and black bars, it’s not a pretty site.

Jawad Ashraf 22 January, 2014 @ 11:55 am

As much as many would like this to happen, it comes down to SE pushing to make this a reality. It does require extra work (going through EU QA) so may not be feasible.

LdyAvalon 22 January, 2014 @ 11:53 am   33

I’m having the same problem as @Prawny_NZ, but with FFVI, showing up as £7.99 :/

JadoreSox 22 January, 2014 @ 11:56 am   34

Same content, same prices, what a bore.

SirGisman 22 January, 2014 @ 11:57 am   35

Any chance of FF13 turning up later in the sale? Lightning Returns looks so promising I’m tempted to go back and play the other XIII games, surprised only 13-2 is up.

@Un1eashedGR

All FF games have their own story and characters, you can play anyone you want first. Ofc newer games have better graphics, but if you are more interested at stories, then everyone has it’s opionion.
If you ask me start with FF VI or VII great stories with amazing characters and lot’s of containt.

Keep in mind Dissidia are Fighting games and War of the Lions, is one of the best ( imo ) turn based strategy game, like Disgaia if you have played it.

I´m with #6, having ffVII crisis core on the ps vita would be awesome. I hope it happens eventually. Fantastic savings by the way.

@Jawad

Thanks for the response.

You’ve obviously had communications with SE to get this sale organised, is there any chance you could put a word in that there is interest in getting these titles updated?

50hz just doesn’t cut nowadays, especially as we all have HDTVs (though I’d be playing these on the Vita).

tenshi_alpha 22 January, 2014 @ 12:03 pm   39

“Fun fact, come 21st March, you could have Final Fantasy I-X all playable on your PS Vita!”

Whee! I was in the market for a new Vita memory card anyway. How big a memory card do I need to get to hold all of them?

Jawad Ashraf 22 January, 2014 @ 12:09 pm

You would want as big a card as possible, because surely you’d want space for other titles.

I need to upgrade mine, too :D

@tenshi_alpha I don’t know how many space you need, but I bought a 64Gb card for my Vita and it was a stupid decision because you can onlye have 100 applications installed in Vita, so now I have a 64Gb card with 40Gb free and I can’t install anymore games because I have 100 bubbles already installed, so those 40 free gb are totally wasted. Just remember this if you plan buying a new card.

zoopdeloop 22 January, 2014 @ 12:09 pm   41

@17 i think they mean tomorrow they will announce the February IGC and we’ll get it next week while NA got a part of it (Bioshock Infinite) mid January.
It’s good to be treated like that…really!

Wish the first 4 games worked on the PS3 I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Any news if / when we might finally get Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross in Europe too?
Such a shame that we miss the best RPG ever and are given no reason at all.

Still getting full price on FF8?

Looking at buying my missing ones but ff1 still showing full price for me

Sales are broken here, FFVIII -> 9,99 with discount for PS+ Members. (and yes, it claims games are on sale)

@golwar

While your asking toss xenogears onto that list its my own personal fave squaresoft (it was at the time) game and due to the stupid 1 account rule on vita I can’t import it (what’s up with that anyway)

As good a time as any to check out XIII-2 then!!

Great savings :) might grab FF VII Finally :)

Fred or jawad : any chance of seeing these games on IGC anytime soon?

PS3 : WWE 2k14 , Ni no Kuni , injustice , batman arkham asylum ,

PS VITA : Little big planet , ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 , epic mickey 2

Keep up the good work!!!

PS : there seems to a problem with posting comments if you are using the PlayStation app on iOS .

Once again it seems the price conversion for Australia is completely random.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Standard Edition
Was £28.49/€34.99, now £16.23/€19.94 :AUSSIE PRICE is $29.00

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition
Was £39.99/€49.99, now £19.99/€24.99 : AUSSIE PRICE is $51.76

For the British and Europeans it is 3.76 pounds and 5 euros more respectively. In Australia it is an extra $22.76. How does that work. The standard edition seems fair given 1 euro equals A$1.53. This happens with a lot of games and as you can see it isn’t constant even within a series. It just doesn’t make any sense!

Load all