Posted 22 January

New The Last of Us: Left Behind trailer unveiled

Following its strong showing in Game of the Year awards industry-wide, all eyes have turned towards the future of The Last of Us. And that would be The Last of Us: Left Behind, the upcoming story-driven epilogue written by TLOU scribe Neil Druckmann and starring Ashley Johnson as Ellie and Yaani King as Riley, Ellie’s older and arguably wiser friend.

Set before Joel and Ellie meet in The Last of Us, Left Behind will focus strongly on Ellie and Riley, adding intriguing new wrinkles to Ellie’s future relationship with Joel, as well as immersive details about the game’s decaying world.

With the DLC due out 14th February, we caught up with Ashley and Yaani to learn more about what makes Left Behind tick.

Today also marks the release of a new, full-length, in-game cinematic from The Last of Us: Left Behind. You’ll learn a lot about Ellie and Riley’s relationship and Left Behind’s narrative.

Excited? You can pre-order Left Behind from PlayStation Store now.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

24 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

Stonesthrow 22 January, 2014 @ 5:15 pm   1

Don’t think I’ve ever been this excited for DLC.. Just too bad this is the only singleplayer DLC we’re getting. Can’t wait for a sequel, which should start looking close to photorealistic on ps4, considering how jaw droppingly beautiful it still looks on ps3.

PAUL_UK-77 22 January, 2014 @ 5:53 pm   2

this why i dident sell my ps3 .. cant wait for this . not long now

I’ve already got the Season Pass ages ago so I’ll get the DLC anyway, but do you have any news on the length of it?

Thanks :)

Eric Monacelli 22 January, 2014 @ 6:23 pm

It’ll be good length. Depends on how good you are and what difficulty you’re playing at really.

any bonus for the preorder spected?
and what length does the DLC have?

Eric Monacelli 22 January, 2014 @ 6:42 pm

Check your retailers in your region for specific pre-order incentives if any.

Length is good. Depends on how good you are and what difficulty you’re playing the DLC at really.

Silent_Gig 22 January, 2014 @ 6:40 pm   5

Will the DLC have new music?

You’re getting a lot of questions about the length… I’m pretty sure I’ll buy it regardless, but I would really like to know what the average would be? I’m really excited for this release… The Last of Us is the first game in a long time that I’ve not traded in after completion. Is there more single player DLC planned? Thanks! And good luck in all future projects!

Eric Monacelli 22 January, 2014 @ 7:13 pm

There’s multiplayer DLC up next. We don’t have any more single player DLC planned.

solarwind12 22 January, 2014 @ 7:46 pm   7

@ your reply to post4, about bonus if we pre-order, am i right in understanding there isn’t any for anyone outside of scea region, as mods are kinda vague on the matter, so is UK, or EU region getting any bonus pre-order stuff?, Can i ask if ND had anything to do with I AM ALIVE getting downgraded to a psn game, ie backroom deals and such, as a favourite of mine i could not understand why it didn’t get made as intended, as a full game, then TLoU details shortly appeared, can’t help but compare what ‘could of been’ in I am Alive, IF they’d of produced what they announced.. Looking forward to SP dlc, is Always welcome.

Eric Monacelli 22 January, 2014 @ 11:06 pm

Each region determines their own pre-order deals. We just advise on what’s possible. As for I am Alive, that’s not our title. Don’t anything about that.

Will we be able to play on survivor immediatly if we’ already unlocked it for the original game?

medenko1975 22 January, 2014 @ 8:41 pm   9

ERIC:
Could you pass this to ND:
MAKE MORE SP DLC – make a POLL about this please, there’s more story for SP….people would pay for this :P
RUMOURS ABOUT TLOUS 2 PS4?

kurichan78 23 January, 2014 @ 2:07 am   10

Glad I didn’t buy the season pass if this is the only single player DLC being released. I would love to play more online but I live in an area where internet sucks.

Will the new DLC come with trophies?

Are there trophies planned for the previously released Multiplayer maps and whatever Multiplayer content is coming after Left Behind?

Thanks :)

AmorousBadger1 23 January, 2014 @ 8:18 am   12

What’s this likely to cost?

medenko1975 23 January, 2014 @ 8:44 am   13

12 quid.

CreditDue 23 January, 2014 @ 8:47 am   14

The only reason my PS3 is plugged still is to play this. Tis a shame this all the sp content coming.

Maybe ND could release a PS4 version(singleplayer only) with this DLC attached with upgraded textures, framerate etc without going the Square Enix route and pathetically overpricing

transpondster 23 January, 2014 @ 8:59 am   15

Will there be new trophies? :)

Is the new music made by Gustavo Santaolalla? :) His music fits perfectly to TLOU!

What is “good length”? :) 2 hours, 5 hours, 30 hours? :) I know you cant be specific, just say which guess is the closest one :)

Hexahedronaut 23 January, 2014 @ 1:08 pm   18

Best bet it’s 5 hrs Mabey 7 on survival but regardless this is my most anticipated DLC since dragon age awakening!

DJ_K00P33 23 January, 2014 @ 4:12 pm   19

OK, I’m a little confused, this article mentions the story is an epilogue (meaning it’s after the story), but also that it’s set before the events of TLoU???

Which is it???

jonnyalpha 23 January, 2014 @ 5:03 pm   20

Hey DJ_Koop I thought the same thing. I think they meant to put that this is a prologue rather than an epilogue.

Cleggworth 24 January, 2014 @ 9:48 am   21

looking forward to this. i’d like to see a prologue to joels story too. Perhaps his story behind ‘i’ve been on both sides…’ in reference to the ambush??

on a side note now this is in the bag any chance you can patch the exceptionally buggy collectables trophies?

Just completed a run following a guide to the letter. getting every comic, training manual, pendant, artifact and all the jokes/optional convos and shiv doors and not a single one unlocked.check the menu after and it says i have less than half despite them all being in joel/ellies bag.

its very time consuming and detracts from the game itself so was looking forward to getting it out of the way so i could enjoy my survivor run throughs before moving onto the multiplayer.

Almost can’t bring myself to play it again on a lower difficulty only for the chance it might bug out on me again

I was looking forward to the challeneg of getting the platinum on this

s4tns-dwarf 24 January, 2014 @ 1:21 pm   22

Should probably finish the main game now then lol just never got round to it.

CBMFellows 24 January, 2014 @ 6:00 pm   23

^^^
Yes you should!

And is the DLC included in the Season Pass?

deadly-warthog62 25 January, 2014 @ 3:11 pm   24

Is the last of us coming on ps4 please.