Posted 6:05pm

PlayStation Plus in February: BioShock Infinite, Metro Last Light, Outlast, more

Find out which titles are joining Instant Game Collection this month

UPDATE: As detailed in the original post below, when we announced the PS Plus games for February we explained that the PS4 title Outlast would not be available in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, India and Turkey, and it was still awaiting classification in Germany and Australia.

Today I’m happy to confirm that Outlast has passed classification and will be available for German and Australian PS Plus members to download this Wednesday. I can also now confirm a replacement title for members in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, India and Turkey: you’ll be able to download the PS4 version of acclaimed musical platformer Sound Shapes (with PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy) from 5th February.

ORIGINAL POST: It’s time for our first PlayStation Plus update of the year! Sit back, relax and let us walk you through the great games that are coming your way in February.

PlayStation 4:

PS4 owners, make sure you pick up the simply terrifying Outlast from the team at Red Barrels*, from 5th February.

You’ll take on the role of independent journalist Miles Upshur. Acting on a tip from an inside source, you break into Mount Massive Asylum, an abandoned home for the mentally ill in the mountains of Colorado, hiding shocking, unnatural secrets. Once inside, your only hope of escape lies with uncovering the horrifying truth at the heart of Mount Massive. Will you make it out alive?

Outlast-Horror

And don’t forget, a PlayStation Plus membership also provides you with access to PS4 online multiplayer.

*WARNING: Contains adult themes. Only suitable for those 18 and over. Please note that this title will not be available in the following regions: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, India and Turkey. We will update you on a replacement title as soon as possible. In addition, Outlast is still awaiting classification from the ratings boards in both Germany and Australia. Again, we will update you as soon as we have more information.

PlayStation 3:

If Outlast wasn’t scary enough for you then why not immerse yourself in the haunting, desolate ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow in Deep Silver‘s terrifyingly adventure Metro: Last Light.

Picking up from the cataclysmic events of Metro 2033, returning hero Artyom is now a Ranger, and D6, the secret underground vault discovered at the tail end of the last game, is your new ‘safe’ haven. Chock full of food and supplies it’s become the Metro system’s most coveted station city. Unfortunately for you, that also means you’re now squarely in the crosshairs of the underground’s more hostile inhabitants…

Metro-Last-Light1

Next up, the winner of over 85 awards – BioShock Infinite!

You assume the role of former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, sent to the flying city of Columbia on a rescue mission. His target? Elizabeth, imprisoned since childhood. During their daring escape, Booker and Elizabeth form a powerful bond – one that lets Booker augment his own abilities with her world-altering control over the environment. Together, they fight from high-speed Sky-Lines, in the streets and houses of Columbia, on giant zeppelins, and in the clouds, all while learning to harness an expanding arsenal of weapons and abilities.

PS Vita

First up on PS Vita this month is Tecmo Koei‘s cult favourite Dynasty Warriors Next, which sees you doing battle with hoards of enemy troops in a breathless action game.

Dynasty-Warriors-Next

Our final offering this month comes in the form of ModNation Racers: Road Trip where racing comes to life with a library of over 500,000 tracks available online combined with an extensive customisation and level editor system. You won’t fail to have a great time playing this little gem of a game.

In summary:

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

Don’t miss out! Make sure you add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

On top of the great games above, why not head over to PlayStation Home and check out free-to-play 3D city-building game Home Tycoon. Create your dream city, fly helicopters through the skies, race up to 16 friends online, enjoy interactive thrill rides and unlock free rewards in the Home Tycoon: New Heights expansion. As an added bonus, PlayStation Plus members get 120 Gold Coins after completing the tutorial.

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site .

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store .

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

512 Comments 13 Author replies
Show oldest first

SlimeTyrant 22 January, 2014 @ 4:41 pm   1

As always, very appreciated.

European_Gamer 22 January, 2014 @ 4:42 pm   2

I will get Modnation for Vita but I am very surprised that you are removing 2 PS4 games and only adding Outlast.

triplejmzu8 22 January, 2014 @ 4:42 pm   3

Nooo! D: I already have got all those games. :C

DarklingLewis 22 January, 2014 @ 4:44 pm   4

7 Games leaving the IGC but only 5 entering. Im not complaining as the new content is AAA but is this a shake up of PS+ with PS4 entering the content line up?

Silentgamer99 22 January, 2014 @ 4:44 pm   5

Hello,
Very nice update.I’m interested in what you think of my suggestions for March!
PS4: NBA 2K14

PS3: Crysis 3
Grand Theft Auto 4

PS Vita: Killzone Mercenary
Tearaway

Please reply!:D
Thanks again for this nice update!

Chris Howe 22 January, 2014 @ 5:04 pm

PS4 – Too early I am afraid
    PS3 – Not bad suggestions but GTA4 is not available in all regions
    PS VITA – Too early for these two titles I am afraid

Silent_Gig 22 January, 2014 @ 4:46 pm   6

Metro might get a play from me.. but im only really excited about Dynasty warriors Next

You_Better_Hide 22 January, 2014 @ 4:46 pm   7

Great…. so here we go. And if it does get RC. What will you give us in place of Outlast? Nothing, cause you got nothing to replace it with.

Chris Howe 22 January, 2014 @ 5:06 pm

We are working on a replacement title if that does become the case but we will update you next week

aww dang it, my hard drive’s gonna sue me for overwork, this really isn’t helping guys. >_<

seriously though, i love a good Dynasty Warriors game, i just wish i didn't suck at them so badly. ^_^

You_Better_Hide 22 January, 2014 @ 4:47 pm   9

Also when did you submit? Three weeks ago? Any way, fingers crossed it does get passed. Or free movies to us, just saying

RainyDusk 22 January, 2014 @ 4:47 pm   10

So, the rumours around the Web were true.
Chris, if you don’t mind I would like to make some suggestions for future IGC PS3 Games :

Resident Evil Revelations
Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Deadly Premonition DC
Enslaved
Brothers : a tale of two sons

Thanks!

matirishhh 22 January, 2014 @ 4:47 pm   11

I got Bioshock Infinite on steam last year and finished it, but why not to do it again on PS3? :)

AMAZING stuff SONY :P Keep it up ;)

Jestersoil 22 January, 2014 @ 4:48 pm   13

Awesome! god, i’ve always thought Metro would make it to IGC and that’s why i didn’t buy it when it came out! i was waiting for this for a long time!!!! :D
and i also get to finally end 1999 mode on Bioshock Infinite and get that plat!!

I guess the idea behind the Vita content is to offer “real games” and “real Vita content”, not PSP games or games as Smart As. That thought is appreciated, yet the quality of those 2 games is disappointing.

The offered PS3 content is amazing, but the missing third PS3 is still a pain in the *beep*.
Overall I prefer the US IGC over ours meanwhile. And that by a disturbingly large margin.

D14m0nd88 22 January, 2014 @ 4:48 pm   15

This is a great update, good job!

ten-bucks 22 January, 2014 @ 4:49 pm   16

Bioshock,awesome, loved 1 +2. As for other stuff THANKS PLUS

Jestersoil 22 January, 2014 @ 4:49 pm   17

PLEASE give us Resident Evil Revelations for March :)

Who knew…. ;-)

An impressive line-up, even if Outlast doesn’t seem to interest me.

ste_the_legend 22 January, 2014 @ 4:50 pm   19

Not a bad selection.

Any chance of a sale on the DLC for BioShock Infinite?

I’d love to see Tomb Raider and PS All Stars Battle Royale as future IGC picks please :D

NIALLERMANBUZ 22 January, 2014 @ 4:51 pm   20

Damn what a month :p…. Urgh my backlog is about to get a whole lot bigger >_<

kjLoveless 22 January, 2014 @ 4:51 pm   21

What!!!! No outlast for india. Why? Please get it for us. Big request!

Nice update, thanks!

btw. any chance of seeing Tomb Raider (PS3 ofc, guess no chance for PS4 anyway :P) in PS+ sometime in the near future? I think there were some hints :)

Juhal_1234 22 January, 2014 @ 4:52 pm   23

ah why do you guys do this? i’ve got too many games in my backlog already infact i’ve got mass effect 1-2-3 crysis 1-2-3, okami, ni no kuni, kingdom of alumar, borderlands 2 DMC and tales of graces f left, now bioshock infinite and metro last light? come on :( gamers worst nightmare!!
thanks though! as always the service lives up to it’s name.
cheers :D

I have PS Plus, but “Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed” is not free for me.
According to this article it should be until 29nd.
Could you check this?

Is this game or is it not free for PS plus members?

Thanks

Chris Howe 22 January, 2014 @ 5:09 pm

Sorry no that was an error in the post, it has been updated now. Sonic was available to download in December

redmattuk 22 January, 2014 @ 4:53 pm   25

Nice update, thanks.

Gotta plug: Tomb Raider & God of War Ascension for IGC in March please :)

Wait 2 ps4 games are leaving in February? Does that mean Outlast will be the only one available?

FrankVVoods 22 January, 2014 @ 4:53 pm   27

Hey Chris

I’m one of the winners of this post:”PlayStation Plus in 2013, What was your favourite game?”.
Yet I did not receive any PM in forums or any e-mails. I e-mailed about this issue to help@uk.playstation.com and yet I did not receive any answer. Will you please give me my promised prize? I really need that one year Plus membership voucher.

Fred Dutton 22 January, 2014 @ 4:55 pm

Sorry to hear this – I’ll look into it right now. Can I ask whether you have registered on the forums?

sisi_ozuk 22 January, 2014 @ 4:53 pm   28

BioShock Infinite! Weeeeeeeeeee!!! That alone satisfies me.

And info delivered a day earlier than planned too. Thanks!

CreditDue 22 January, 2014 @ 4:55 pm   29

Amazing update. Downloading Outlast without a doubt. And buying the Rapture DLC when I download Bioshock

Stonesthrow 22 January, 2014 @ 4:55 pm   30

Ah, was leaked because I already read it would be those. Was wondering if it was just for US though. Pretty good choices this time around IMO. The big blockbuster titles I usually have, and with Bioshock that’s obviously no different, but there’s some “non instant musthaves” (less chance of already owning them) that do seem like they’re worth playing. Metro makes this a win for me, as it’s been on my radar for a while but never got around to getting it amongst all the other good games releasing. Horror isn’t my genre at all but Outlast actually looks like it might be worth the playthrough as well. Might even give Dynasty warriors a download, as it’s a great button basher that requires no brainactivity whatsoever, great for on the go, as is a racer like Modnation.
Decent picks this time guys! Bioshock’s the only one I own this time and I’m actually looking forward to playing Metro!

evilwitch83 22 January, 2014 @ 4:55 pm   31

Disappointing, as usual. That’s 4 ps3 games that we have lost now due to the cut, plus Fred said on Monday morning in the blog recap post that no games that were in the January sales were in the February plus update and Modnation Racers Road Trip was in the January sale.

Awesome! Metro and Outlast. I’m expecting Spinter Cell in April/May ;)

But something else: you’ve said in the January Update that the games are leaving the 24th of January, but it is 29th?

Keep up the good work!

Not much to reveal here really is there as its the same content that was leaked weeks ago lol.

Outlast looks crazy I just watched a gameplay video today from e3 and I was scared just watching so playing should be much more intense.

The vita game I don’t already own is not my thing (DW) but could you clarify why vita games don’t conform to the 70% or higher metascores that games added to plus were always promised to have (said on stage at various PlayStation events so not saying you said this Chris)

As for the ps3 two first person shooters better start calling it fpsplus again :)

Outlast is the only thing for me but as it looks great I’m happy just sort out the vita side to give us 70%+ titles as promised

OrbitalFlow 22 January, 2014 @ 4:56 pm   34

3 first person games – great variety (not)

“Get your hands on top-rated* games for your PS4, PS3 and PS Vita every month for as long as you’re a member.

*Top-rated is based on a meta critic rating of 70+”

ModNation Racers: Road Trip – 62
Dynasty Warriors Next – 67

Is that ok?

Great games and I would love to play bioshock, but we do have many FPS at our ICG download list, can you give us more genres? puzzles, board games, platforms , action andvetures etc ?

Why Vita-games are below the line of 70 at metacritic? Sony?

supersmith2500 22 January, 2014 @ 4:58 pm   38

What’s happening with the +70% Metacritic rule? Modnation Racers scored 62% whilst Dynasty Warriors NEXT scored 67% but oh well. Least we’re finally what games were getting. Looking forward to try Modnation Racers and Metro.

DoomiestPanda 22 January, 2014 @ 4:58 pm   39

You say on 29th January that Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed is leaving, but I’ve got an EU PS Plus account and it doesn’t come up in my list of free games, so where is it? Surely if it’s leaving it should be on there?

Ok 3 titles leave for Vita and 2 replace them, 2 PS4 titles leave and only 1 replaces them! As a non PS3 owner I feel particularly hard done by this month as the two Vita games have got poor reviews (67 and 62 on Metacritic) so I have no interest in playing them meaning I am only going to be enjoying Outlast this month. I don’t mind about the PS4 as much since I realise the selection is much smaller but you should not have put two games up at launch if you were not going to keep it as two every month.

In the coming months I think AC: Liberation would be a much welcomed addition to the Vita IGC especially now that the HD version is out for consoles. Either that or Spelunky!

Also I thought you guys were going to stop adding content that was not available in all regions, this is the reason we are told that we won’t be getting disgaea 3 vita in igc yet you add outlast!!!

Hmmmmmmm

Death_-Raven1430 22 January, 2014 @ 5:00 pm   42

why Vita have games with metacritic rate 70- ?

Captain9Fingers 22 January, 2014 @ 5:01 pm   43

Quality over quantity every time. What an awesome update i’m speechless :)

FrankVVoods 22 January, 2014 @ 5:02 pm   44

@ Fred

I have to admit that I registered in forums a little late, 2 or 3 days after that I was selected as a winner. So maybe that’s the reason. But I’m checking my PMs daily after registration.

Leo-DarkSide 22 January, 2014 @ 5:02 pm   45

Umm, is Sonic All Stars racing available in the UK? I cant see it listed on IGC…

AeonsDead 22 January, 2014 @ 5:03 pm   46

Why are 2 PS4 games leaving the IGC but only 1 entering? On the 5th of February the PS4 will have only 1 PSPlus game. I’m not too fussed about losing a PS3 game, but plus has only been out on PS4 for 2 months, and already you have halved its content?

A_Nonny_Moose 22 January, 2014 @ 5:04 pm   47

How come the PS3 IGC has dwindled to a pool of 7 games, down from 10? While the US still has 12?

@hayzink
The problems with Outlast not being a valid option for all regions, is probably the reason for the delayed announcement. Pretty sure that they do their best there, so no criticism from me for that point.

Fred Dutton 22 January, 2014 @ 5:08 pm

You are correct sir. We’re working hard on a happy solution for everyone. We’ll update you as soon as possible.

A_Nonny_Moose 22 January, 2014 @ 5:06 pm   49

And 3 of those 7 are only rotated once a year as well. Do we just have 4 games being switched up monthly now?

helder-paulino 22 January, 2014 @ 5:07 pm   50

Good games coming next week! Now please if you could get Sonic Generations and Sonic Unleashed to PS+ next month it would be nice. My little brother love Sonic so how about 2 free games of Sonic. He would be so happy:) Thanks anyway

Load all