Posted 24 January

Warframe on PS4: Trophy support, customisable controls, more added in new update

Update11.5Promo1080p

Warframe fans, rejoice! Update 11.5 is here and we have a ton of goodies in store. Many of our players have been vocal on our forums about features they’d like to see in Warframe and the Lotus continues to listen. On top of our 10 new weapons, weapon skins, and level expansion sets in Update 11.5, we’ve included a brand new Warframe, fully customizable controls, and last but not least, Trophy Support!

Oberon – the Paladin Warframe
Players using the new Paladin Warframe, Oberon, will make an immediate impact within their squad, assisting in all team efforts across the board. Whether you’re looking to assist your co-op bros with Oberon’s Renewal power or simply inflict effortless pain amongst your enemies with Smite, Oberon is the perfect balance for players looking to aid in both healing and dishing out the pain. But don’t take my word for it, check this out…

Customisable controls
In Warframe there is a huge emphasis on customisation as we want you, the player, to make the Solar System your personal playground. You can customise the appearance of your Warframe and Sentinel, add a touch of class to your Clan Dojo, and create thousands of badass weapon combinations with the Mod Card system (just as a few examples) but you can’t customise your controls…”WHY CAN’T I CUSTOMISE MY CONTROLS, YOU MONSTERS!?” Easy big fella – we hear you!

Players can now map the DUALSHOCK 4 controller to their liking, creating hundreds of layout possibilities. Find what works best for you or simply revert your changes back to the default layout with the simple press of a button.

Trophy support
In the eyes of the fans, Trophy Support is likely our biggest feature addition in update 11.5 and it couldn’t come soon enough. Trophies will have to be earned as they are not retroactive. A total of 20 Trophies are available, encouraging players to rank up their equipment, build items in the Foundry with collected resources, and participate in co-operative play; a key feature we like to emphasise in the Warframe universe. Co-op is king!

With Trophies now supported, I’m hoping I can take down the Wanted posters around the studio clamoring for my head. Now my question is, can I collect my own bounty? I could really use that crusty old danish. Mmmmm… crusty old danish.

Warframe final image

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

16 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Thank you for supporting this game as much as you are! And extra thanks for the trophy support!

residentSteve 24 January, 2014 @ 6:42 pm   2

Isn’t trophy support standard these days.

2# Not for f2p games as most of them are still at beta state.

Hmm… I have not been able to check this out proper as it won’t run on a subaccount wich I use to collect all trophies on.

So.. is that issue fixed or still neglected?

graphicology 24 January, 2014 @ 7:18 pm   5

Thanks, can you customise remote play controls ?

Yura_kosenko 24 January, 2014 @ 10:44 pm   6

Enjoying the game as allways :) love the trophy support, I hope I’ll be able to make some more progress as it seems to be going reeeeeeaaaly slow

Garrus1712 25 January, 2014 @ 2:43 am   7

Just brought my PS4 on Thursday. Been playing Warframe and enjoying it. :)

is there a reason why this game seems to think my nat is strict when it isn’t?

shake_zulaYEAH 25 January, 2014 @ 10:00 am   9

Anyone know how many trophies can be earned without paying for anything ?

i already got bored with this game, i’d rather wait for the new games coming in March for PS4 than to pay for in game items.
it should have been released with a trophy support in the beginning.

I’ve played this game since launch, clocked nearly 30hrs and haven’t spent a penny.
It truly is F2P, there is no paywall, you can grind for everything except a few cosmetic skins and scarves which have no in game benefit.
I like the game but it could do with more bosses and variety over all.
It’s like PSO crossed with Diablo or a SCIFI Borderlands, lots of fun with friends especially when playing Life Support or Defense.
I’ve grinded one of the best frames and am working on some l33t weapons now!
It’s a great go to game whilst waiting for other releases to hit like Outlast, Thief and Second Son!

vigilante_man 25 January, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   12

Good news.

It took me 2 weeks to get the game working on the 2 PS4s we have. The updates just would not happen. Every other online game has worked from 360/PS3/PS4. I had to take off blocking naughty words/sites from my router.

Good job the kids are in college now. Would not want young kids getting unrestricted internet access just for one game. Sort it out guys, please.

Will start playing this next week…

Trophy support you say? Only done the tutorial so far, Will give it a go then.

janta_usa 26 January, 2014 @ 9:32 am   14

Off topic:

Is there a chance for a ratchet and clank sale soon in EU ?
we have not had one yet.

Coody-Baroody 26 January, 2014 @ 2:15 pm   15

@ Pat Kurdika

I wouldn’t take that wanted poster down just yet. For the GARGANTUAN grind required to get rank 30 on all those things in your game, this trophy list is poor and deserved a Platinum.

Lord_Gremlin 27 January, 2014 @ 6:54 pm   16

I’d like to ask how do you justify not offering Excalibur Prime, lato prime and skana prime on PS4 while it was possible to buy those on PC up to 2 week before PS4 launch. Please justify. I feel like you’re just deliberately offering inferior experience, poor trophy list just solidify this conclusion.
I wanted to support this game but that “Founders pack” is a massive spit in the face of every playstation gamer who tries this game.
I’m really astonished you had the audacity to deliberately not offer exclusive items that were on sale up till the last moment.