Posted 3:02pm

The Elder Scrolls Online: New trailer and Imperial Edition revealed

Today we released an all-new cinematic trailer, The Arrival, to celebrate the announcement of The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition and The Explorer’s Pack pre-order bonus.

The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition, a limited-quantity premium collector’s edition, comes packed with awesome physical and digital rewards. Pre-order the Imperial Edition for PS4 at a participating retailer today and you’ll get:

• Molag Bal statue. A 12″ statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement.
  • The Improved Emperor’s Guide to Tamriel. A 224-page illustrated guide annotated by the Imperial scholar Flaccus Terentius.
  • Physical map of Tamriel. A 21″ x 26″ printed map detailing Alliance-controlled zones and the ultimate conquest: Cyrodiil.
  • Steelbook packaging. A limited edition steel case decorated in the color of the Imperials.
  • Exclusive collection of digital content.
    • Play as an Imperial: Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more.
    • White Imperial Horse: Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel with speed.
    • Mudcrab Vanity Pet: Explore Tamriel with a mudcrab pet by your side.
    • Rings of Mara: Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when you play together.

TheElderScrollsOnline_ImperialEdition_FamilyShot

All those that pre-order either the standard edition or the Imperial Edition will also receive The Explorer’s Pack, which includes these digital bonuses:

• The characters you create can join any alliance, no matter which race you choose
  • The Scuttler, a tiny but loyal vanity pet
  • A bundle of four bonus treasure maps

We can’t wait for your adventure to begin!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

20 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

FatalExpert 29 January, 2014 @ 3:20 pm   1

Noticed Uplay are giving away Assassins Creed 4 with the Imperial Edition, no plans to match this on PS4?

A playable race is a pre-order bonus? Are you serious? What a sad state the game industry is in. That’s appalling.

Worldwide servers please, not playing a community game where I cannot play with NA friends.

transpondster 29 January, 2014 @ 3:55 pm   4

Must…resist…buying…
Oh, what the hell
Pre-ordered :D

I’ve never played The elder Scrolls before, but that trailer might have persuaded me – IT WAS AWESOME! :D

pinkplaybunny 29 January, 2014 @ 4:09 pm   6

Ohh tempting :-)

When the beta will begin? 5 mouth until release!

When your game sucks, which by all the feedback I’ve read it does, I guess you can always lure people in with a shiny CG trailer. CG trailers seem to have an uncanny ability to make people throw money at shoddy MMO products. Just look at SWTOR.

Free to play a ferw months after it launches, then a slow decline in to obscure death. You can quote me a year after this launches. I can’t wait for the tears.

Sarajevo89 29 January, 2014 @ 4:19 pm   9

If there is not option to pay subscription through PSN count me out since I don’t have and don’t use credit cards.Keep that in mind Bethesda.

Bumblebee 29 January, 2014 @ 5:44 pm   10

I wasn’t up for this game due to the subscription-based model… I have a policy to never, ever go near subs-based gaming…

The policy remains but I am a sucker for a nice special edition.
Dammit!

So I’ll likely order this but can’t see my subscription lasting too long. People might think it’s daft but I collect these things and Molag Bal will look great next to my Skyrim collector’s dragon statue.

Nuts!

May I just say though… it would be nice if, when these things are announced, we were given some idea of where we can get them. Saves me wandering the wilds of the Internet looking. One time, it took me so long to find an announced special edition it was sold out by the time I’d found the one obscure website selling it. Not enough info!

So… if I’m in the UK, where can I get this Imperial Edition? Please?

I hope it’s not only UPlay because they seem to do a sort of “test” withdrawal on your account when you order and I don’t have the dosh yet.

transpondster 29 January, 2014 @ 6:27 pm   11

@10
Is seems it’s GAME.co.uk only, it also costs £90, so a bit pricey, I’d say

1 = race like preorder = not done
2 = like Sarajevo89 9@ = i do not pay other then tru psn curency ore u are abel to buy other curency tru psn !! ( major reason i do not play ff reborn enimore after free trial)
3 = abo to expensife , be to gready of mony u do not geting mi €( max 10 € month )
4 if u aske monthly fee do not ask more then 25€ to game disk ore special edition of 30 € + 1 month abo incl. in both game disk .
5= euro/usa on same servers .

European_Gamer 29 January, 2014 @ 8:08 pm   13

So that’s where the costumes from the perfect day ad come from.

Stonesthrow 29 January, 2014 @ 9:29 pm   14

THAT.WAS.EPIC!!!!!! Over 8 minutes of pure epicness, this is how trailers are done!

Another EQ-clone MMO (Yes, played the beta). Not bothering with it.

Give me a real HD version of Skyrim for my PS4 instead, please :)

Same here, just want a Skyrim for PS4, and don’t come tell me it’s difficult because the PC version is out and the architecture is the same, so just do it!

Bumblebee 30 January, 2014 @ 1:32 pm   17

@11

Thanks transpondster, I have now pre-ordered it. If it looks as flakey as I’ve been hearing at least I can cancel it nearer the time.

Pretty expensive but nothing can be worse than the RE6 edition I got from game…. “pay around £80 extra for a horrible jumper and a crappy card box to go with your rubbish game!”

pinkplaybunny 30 January, 2014 @ 3:36 pm   18

If Game is the only UK retailer stocking it, then i ain’t getting it. Had nothing but problems the last few times i’ve attempted to buy stuff from them.

spiderbean 1 February, 2014 @ 9:55 pm   19

Love Bethesda! Fallout 3 prob best ever game I played. Skyrim close 2nd. No reason not to trust them they sure know how to make games :) imperial edition here I come!

CORExSKILLZz 2 February, 2014 @ 9:08 pm   20

The game looks amazing im definitely getting imperial edition.