Posted 11:00am

Toukiden: The Age of Demons demo out on PS Vita today

As previously blogged, Toukiden: The Age of Demons for the PS Vita is coming to Europe on 14th February. Our team has prepared a demo which should serve as an excellent way to introduce players to the vast and beautiful world of Toukiden, and it’s available to download on PlayStation Store following today’s update.

Spanning the entire first and part of the second chapter of the game, this comprehensive 10 hour sampler will also include full access to character customisation, all six weapon types and equipment upgrades.

It also allows for a trial of the online environment, which plays a pivotal role in the enjoyment of Toukiden. In the full version, players will be able to team up with up to three others to try and defeat the Oni. To give prospective fans the opportunity to fully appreciate the battle system and co-op, the demo will allow up to seven multiplayer missions to be completed.

Players can carry on their save data-equipment, obtained weapons/armour/mitama, materials (up to 30 slots), story progress, and a part of their Haku (in-game currency) – to the full version of the game.

I’ve highlighted the full demo content below with details provided by the development team:

• First chapter fully playable, and up to the middle of second chapter can be played
  • Save data: 1 slot only (full game allows for three slots). Demo save data (equipment, obtained weapons/armor/mitama, materials, story progress, Haku (capped)) will carry over to the full game, but Settings will not.
  • Max no. of materials: Materials chest will carry a max of 30 slots, and up to five of each material can be held
  • Trophies cannot be obtained in the demo version
  • Character settings (customisation): same as full game version
  • Multiplayer: Seven missions can be played
  • Equipment, weapons can be upgraded (same as full game)
  • The file size of the demo is 989 MB.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons will be out on 14th February across Europe for PS Vita. For more information, please visit the official site.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

48 Comments 12 Author replies
Show oldest first

Yes!! I’ve been lokking forward to this for a very long time!
One question though. Do you know how much the full game will cost and can we have a PS+ discount?

Chin Soon Sun 29 January, 2014 @ 12:40 pm

The suggested retail price is £39.99 but you can find cheaper in some retailers/stores. It would be the same price for PS+ member (but I still have to confirm this with my boss).

Thank you for supporting ps vita with this awesome game! Day one for me :)
We are waiting for more psv games..

my most anticipated demo in a long time! =) if i enjoy it i’m gonna have to do a lot of convincing to make some people get it, probably not possible to finish solo.

Hell-Raiser-85 29 January, 2014 @ 11:27 am   4

Can i pre order on PSN and what pre order bonus are you doing? thanks

Silent_Gig 29 January, 2014 @ 11:27 am   5

Want want want want!

Malky_1991 29 January, 2014 @ 11:34 am   6

Sweet another RPG finally i can be glad i bot a vita iv been waiting for this for a long time now

Brilliant ! I’ve been looking forward to this, I’ll download the demo after work

sukizo2134 29 January, 2014 @ 11:59 am   8

Yes! Just waiting for that store update now. Can’t wait to give this a demo a go.

Can’t Wait, already got it pre-ordered! I heard great things from US players who got the demo last week!

The Vita got some killer games coming!

I’ll definitely be checking this out. I love all the support you guys provide for my vita.

Finally, Finally, Finally it seems like forever since I first heard about this game and then longer than forever to see it finally appear as a pre-order. I would like to know which retailer is giving the extra levels as a pre-order as I haven’t seen those being offered anywhere as incentive. Will the extra levels be offered later as dlc?

Chin Soon Sun 29 January, 2014 @ 12:43 pm

If you pre-order it via PSN, you get the Cat Ears armour and Spirit Soul of Momotaro.

GAME – you’ll get Fox Mask and Spirit Soul of Yae.

Amazon, etc – 2 missions.

The spirit souls can be unlocked in the game but by pre-ordering it, you get the early access to become more powerful at early stage.

INS1GHTFUL 29 January, 2014 @ 12:20 pm   12

nice. Ill definitely try the demo.
and just FYI for everyone, if you want to buy the game Zavvi are doing a 10% discount for pre-orders so works out to £22.50.

Excellent! Look forward to giving this a go :-)

Mr. comunity manager – why KOEI ignore my problem with Atelier Ayesha trophies in japanese at cz.playstation.com/psn/mypsn/trophies/ ??? For over one year KOEI support isn’t able to answer me even single e-mail from many i sent? Does KOEI suppor even exist? Could i expect the same problem with Atelier Escha and Logy?

Avengerrr 29 January, 2014 @ 12:30 pm   15

Great news, and very refreshing to have all the necessary details clearly listed for the demo. I’ll look forward to trying the game out later.

Just started downloading it on my vita so it appears to be live.

This just the start of a nice little run of games coming out vita in next couple months: Toukiden, Ys Celceta, Deception 4, Trigger Happy Havoc, Final Fantasy X/X2, and a couple Lego games (not really my thing). Future is bright.

Yup it’s live on the Vita store 989MB!

Looking forward to testing it out before my retail copy arrives!
Thanks Tecmo Koei for the Vita love, you guys rock!

Thank you for the response I’ve had Toukiden on pre-order at Shopto for months now. Just went and checked my pre-order and they have added the missions to the page as the pre-order… YES!!!!

animtor_brent 29 January, 2014 @ 12:50 pm   20

Looking forward to this! Been craving a game like this on the Vita… Will you guys be releasing any form of Development Diary video’s?

I’m an anim/VFX artist for games and I would love to see Dev Diary stuff?

Chin Soon Sun 29 January, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

We don’t have development diary videos for this. But it’s a nice suggestion indeed. I’ll bring this to the team. Thanks!

Noisepurge 29 January, 2014 @ 1:09 pm   21

awesome! will download :)

Thank you Tecmo Koei for supporting the Vita with so many quality titles!

My Psn has yet to have this added, i’ll try resetting my system hopefully it works

sweet, can’t wait to try it.

Death_-Raven1430 29 January, 2014 @ 2:03 pm   26

Hello,
Will it be available in russian psn?

blendercat27 29 January, 2014 @ 2:17 pm   27

Really looking forward to playing this game. Can’t wait!

Downloading now and cannot wait to fire it!

Kudos to Tecmo Koei for supporting the Vita with this and Dynasty Warriors 8 later this year.

denfighter 29 January, 2014 @ 2:28 pm   29

Hi can I have this one question answered pleas, If i download this demo will my save file from this carry over to the retail version or is it just for the download version, Thanks on advance.

Death_-Raven1430 29 January, 2014 @ 2:47 pm   30

Why toukiden is not available in russian psn? can you answer?

Chin Soon Sun 30 January, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

I’ve just sent the email to our setup team to investigate what’s the reason behind this. I’ll do my best to see the possibility of making it available.

@30 He is obviusly going to ignore you like the last time. Because they can would be most logical answer, ’cause everyone else already sorted out the imaginary “trouble” with russian rating system.

I’m confused. Where do I pre-order the game on PSN? I can’t find it. Help anyone?

Silent_Gig 29 January, 2014 @ 4:07 pm   33

Its not avaliable for pre-order on PSN yet.

The_Last_Ninja 29 January, 2014 @ 9:23 pm   34

Just wondering, is the Toukiden costume for Soul Sacrifice going to be available in Europe ?
And when ?
thx
TLN

Silver-Seraphim 29 January, 2014 @ 11:46 pm   35

Really great demo guys :) I was glued to it all evening, You have a preorder from me. I’m hoping I can work playing this around Lightning Returns and Tales ( I’m sure it will come in handy in hospital waiting rooms):) damn February is an expensive month.

Thank you so much for bringing this over

WizarD_X3m 30 January, 2014 @ 7:16 am   36

No demo in russian psn.
FUUUU…

Does the full version of the game will include japanese voice overs or it’s just for the demo?

CoolBeard 30 January, 2014 @ 11:55 am   38

And again sony and TK fully ignores Russians. Great…

Chin Soon Sun 30 January, 2014 @ 1:38 pm

KagerouImaizumi 30 January, 2014 @ 3:30 pm   39

Will the pre-order bonus for the 2 missions also be introduced on amazon.de, or will it be amazon.co.uk only? Shipping over here from UK is kinda expensive and I’m starting to get a bit annoyed that so many promos are UK only.

On another unrelated, and thoroughly chewed, note: Is there any information regarding the “Buy Vita, register before 2014, and receive one month of psplus”-deal?

Lord_Gremlin 31 January, 2014 @ 9:45 pm   40

@Chin Soon Sun I appreciate that you answered him (and I am shocked that you did), but… Look, we all know what’s up. Nobody at Tecmo Koei Europe cared to spend an hour to google what “russian rating system” actually is (no, it’s not a rating board like PEGI, it’s a statement publisher issues themselves). Normal publishers adapted it instantly, because it requires no money or effort. Backwards publishers took their time, like NISA, because they wanted it explained by their local partner, but still eventually went through with it because again – no money, no effort.
And here’s Tecmo Koei Europe, all it’s former Russian customers are not worth a couple hours of research by one of their employees.
At any rate if Tecmo has something constructive to say here, or make an official statement, we’d be glad to hear it.

farhan1389 1 February, 2014 @ 4:17 am   41

I hope more game will be localize. If game like this keep coming on PS Vita, it will boost up Sony’s PS Vita sales and people also will enjoy more on their PS Vita. Complain will be lesser and we also got more choice to what game we want to play. This is just a kick start. I’m looking forward for more.

Fenrir188 1 February, 2014 @ 7:37 pm   42

When will we be able to pre-order from psn, unless its already there and I can’t find it >.<

HollowSkys 4 February, 2014 @ 11:29 pm   43

so i cant get this demo, looked on the store couldn’t. I went to the site and after alot of searching found it, but whenever i click try free demo and sign in it says error “Sign in Failed, if the problem persists contact customer support”. Don’t have this problem with anything else so whats wrong ?

HollowSkys 4 February, 2014 @ 11:52 pm   44

nvm it fixed itself lol, dunno what that was.

Rovidoobidoo 7 February, 2014 @ 3:14 am   45

is this game available in qatar? or it’ll be like monster hunter?

dood i have mi account on the North america version, will we get the preorder because is sunday and still nada(nothing)

Hey guys, any idea on the file size for the full game?

Hey guys, any idea what the file size will be for the full game?