Posted 2:30pm

PlayStation Store update: Strider, Rayman Legends, Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry

Plus, Gunslugs, Earth Defense Force 2025 and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta

Any old-timers among you can give a warm welcome back to Strider today, available on PS4 and PS3. Hiryu has been absent in our world for quite some time, outside of an appearance in the Marvel vs Capcom series. But this week he has a game all to himself. Zip and cartwheel around with his signature Cypher in hand, and generally have a bit of a crazy time dodging enemy projectiles.

Also available this week for PS4 is the gorgeous Rayman Legends. It’s more 2D platforming fun to get involved with, so if you missed it on PS3 and PS Vita and need some lush cartoon visuals on your new hardware then gobble this up. There’s no reason to miss out on a great game now.

And that’s not all. Check out 8-bit inspired Gunslugs for PS Vita, tasty JRPG Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God and the first beta for the huge Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4.

Lastly, our February Price Cuts are still going strong and become even stronger today with the inclusion of Knack and Tearaway. There’s just one week left to take advantage of terrific prices.

New PlayStation Network content

Content list is subject to change – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PlayStation Plus

Gunslugs (PS Vita) – 20% off for one week

PlayStation 4

EP0001-NPEB01979_00-ACBFDLCSPSA00001_en_THUMBIMG
Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (PS4)
Price: £11.99/€14.99
PEGI: 18

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta (starts 22nd Feb, 12am GMT)
PEGI: 16

EP0001-CUSA00284_00-RAYMANLEGENDS001_en_THUMBIMG
Rayman Legends (available from 20th Feb)
Price: £34.99/€39.99
PEGI: 7
Available in March in Russia

EP0102-CUSA00087_00-STREUHG4TRIAL001_en_THUMBIMG
Strider (PS4)
Price: £11.99/€14.99
PEGI: 12

PlayStation 3

EP0001-NPEB01979_00-ACBFDLCSPSA00001_en_THUMBIMG
Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (PS3)
Price: £11.99/€14.99
PEGI: 18

EP0700-NPEB01336_00-EDF2025D00000001_en_THUMBIMG
Earth Defense Force 2025 (available from 21st Feb)
Price: £34.99/€44.99

Sorcery Saga: Curse Of The Great Curry God
Price: £29.99/€34.99
PEGI: 12
Not available in Germany

PS4 DLC

Battlefield 4

• Second Assault (Premium users only)

Zen Pinball 2

• Super League – A.C. Milan (Trial)
  • Super League – A.C. Milan (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – A.S. Roma (Trial)
  • Super League – A.S. Roma (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Arsenal F.C. (Trial)
  • Super League – Arsenal F.C. (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – F.C. Barcelona (Trial)
  • Super League – F.C. Barcelona (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Juventus (Trial)
  • Super League – Juventus (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Liverpool F.C. (Trial)
  • Super League – Liverpool F.C.(Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Real Madrid C.F. (Trial)
  • Super League – Real Madrid C.F. (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Zen F.C. (Trial)
  • Super League – Zen F.C. (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)

PS3 DLC

Battlefield 4

• Second Assault (Premium users only)

Defiance

• Defiance 7th Legion Pack (£5.99/€7.49)

Earth Defense Force 2025

• Missions Season Pass (£9.69/€11.99)
  • Mission Pack 1 (£2.39/€2.99)

Rocksmith 2

• Rise Against – Give It All (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Rise Against – Make It Stop (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Rise Against – Prayer Of The Refugee (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Rise Against – Satellite (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Rise Against – Swing Life Away (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Rocksmith 2014 – Rise Against Song Pack (£9.69/€11.99)

Zen Pinball 2

• Super League – A.C. Milan (Trial)
  • Super League – A.C. Milan (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – A.S. Roma (Trial)
  • Super League – A.S. Roma (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Arsenal F.C. (Trial)
  • Super League – Arsenal F.C. (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – F.C. Barcelona (Trial)
  • Super League – F.C. Barcelona (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Juventus (Trial)
  • Super League – Juventus (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Liverpool F.C. (Trial)
  • Super League – Liverpool F.C.(Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Real Madrid C.F. (Trial)
  • Super League – Real Madrid C.F. (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Zen F.C. (Trial)
  • Super League – Zen F.C. (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)

PS Vita DLC

Killzone™ Mercenary

• M224-A1 Light Machine Gun (£1.19/€1.49)

Sorcery Saga: Curse Of The Great Curry God

• Childish Cap Pack (£0.99/€1.19)
  • Crowns Of Cliora Pack (£0.99/€1.19)
  • Forever Young Pack (£0.99/€1.19)
  • Gigadis Support Pack (£0.99/€1.19)
  • Gigadis The Unicorn Pack (£0.99/€1.19)
  • Inuendo’d Zeo Voice Pack
  • Joyous Pupuru Voice Pack
  • Kuushii Kostume Set (£0.99/€1.19)
  • Ocean Ensemble Set (£0.99/€1.19)
  • Preppie Blazer Pack (£0.99/€1.19)
  • Probably Puni… Voice Pack
  • Smarmy Etanya Voice Pack
  • Snobby Cliora Voice Pack
  • Team Cliora Pack (£0.99/€1.19)
  • Totally Hair-Y Pack
  • Wretchedly Gigadis Voice Pack
  • The Phaal Bundle (£4.99/€6.19)
  • Too Hot! Too Spicy! Avatar Bundle (£4.99/€6.19)

Zen Pinball 2

• Super League – A.C. Milan (Trial)
  • Super League – A.C. Milan (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – A.S. Roma (Trial)
  • Super League – A.S. Roma (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Arsenal F.C. (Trial)
  • Super League – Arsenal F.C. (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – F.C. Barcelona (Trial)
  • Super League – F.C. Barcelona (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Juventus (Trial)
  • Super League – Juventus (Unlock) (£2.99/€2.39)
  • Super League – Liverpool F.C. (Trial)
  • Super League – Liverpool F.C.(Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Real Madrid C.F. (Trial)
  • Super League – Real Madrid C.F. (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)
  • Super League – Zen F.C. (Trial)
  • Super League – Zen F.C. (Unlock) (£2.39/€2.99)

Discounts

Knack (PS4) – Was £52.99/€59.99, now £35.59/€40.19
10% additional PS Plus discount

Tearaway (PS Vita) – Was £19.99/€24.99, now £12.99/€16.99
10% additional PS Plus discount

XCOM Enemy Within (PS3) – Was £29.99/€39.99, now £11.09/€14.79
10% additional PS Plus discount

Top Spin 4 (PS3) – Was £19.99/€29.99, now £4.99/€7.49
10% additional PS Plus discount

Puzzle Bundle (PSP) – Was £3.99/€4.99, now £1.99/€2.49

Price Drops

Lost Planet 3 – £39.99/€29.99
Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (PSP) – £10.99/€13.99

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

119 Comments 16 Author replies
Show oldest first

I thought freedom cry came out weeks ago?

jorispelgrom 19 February, 2014 @ 2:35 pm   2

30 minutes early! :)
I don’t think there’s any news on the Netflix app for the Vita?

I think the freedom cry this week is Stand alone, no need to own AC4

Is there any reason why Strider got a demo too on the US store but not over here?

Got strider already playing on ps4 now jumping straight to hard mode is presenting a challenge but great fun so far.
Gonna grab gunslugs and also interested in curry god but I’ll need to look at a few more vids reviews before I grab that one.

But strider is good!

You_Better_Hide 19 February, 2014 @ 2:40 pm   5

Wow, like the new format. Now, what is Strider? Never heard of it?
@ Jawad can you please please add AUD back in to the forum. We do not have our own update blog so would make easier to see the prices so i can judge what to buy, i think many Aussie people would agree with me.
Was hoping for a bit more for the PS4. But i guess Thief will be here in a week so yeah, the meantime, will have to find out what is Strider.

Jawad Ashraf 19 February, 2014 @ 3:26 pm

Easier to Wiki Strider, but it’s an OLD game that was out way back on the arcades, Mega Drive and so on. A sequel later came out for PS One, which was on the easy side but it looked great.

If you’ve played any of the Marvel vs Capcom games then most like you’ve witnessed his iconic garb and moves, and in MvC1, he has an amazing theme (which is also redone in this new game).

All in all, Strider is awesome. He’s a ninja. A futuristic ninja. So he’s even more awesome. His blade swipes also sound awesome. Awesome!

Expect more AUD prices going forward :)

dirtyCAT79 19 February, 2014 @ 2:41 pm   6

I’m confused.
Yesterday you made this post on the blog:
“Everything you need to know about Ys: Memories of Celceta, out this week on PS Vita”

The words ‘out’,’this’ and ‘week’ are clearly not meaning what i thought they meant!

Why no news about next PS Plus games?

According to this:

(bottom of the page, PS3 and PS Vita tabs)

the new games for PS3 and PS Vita should appear today.

what about the nfs rivals dlc ???

INS1GHTFUL 19 February, 2014 @ 2:41 pm   9

good week. Ive already got gunslugs, strider and FF14 beta.

just a suggestion but can you push for a discount on the zen pinball tables. I really want the marvel ones but £8 for each set feel like alot.
thanks!

mike20036 19 February, 2014 @ 2:42 pm   10

If I buy Strider for the PS3. Will I get the PS4 version of Strider for free? Thanks for your time.

If we keeping getting jrpgs like the great curry god 4+ months after the u.s can we please get some incentive to buy it? Include dlc ? lower the price ? Its bad enough the time it gets delayed I forget that games like this even exist but now I have to pay full price and it comes with day 1 dlc..

What about the NFS Rivals DLC that’s supposed to be out today?

TheBorzoi 19 February, 2014 @ 2:45 pm   13

2 things:

1. I’m glad to see Curse of the Great Curry Good. Was considering an import but no need to now.

2. No Lightning Returns DLC? When do we get the next batch of garbs?

nicolajNN 19 February, 2014 @ 2:46 pm   14

I was faultily charged ~£15 when I bought Dynasty Warriors Next as my Plus benefit, I’ve e-mailed the Danish customer service, but it’s now been two weeks and I still haven’t heard back, any chance I can get some help here, or be put in contact with someone who can help remedy the situation, or should I be a little more patient with my local customer service?

That’s a really good price for the XCOM: Enemy Within there. This game is definitely worth that money in my opinion. Although I’m not going to buy it as I already own the physical version.

Cross fingers for XCOM: Enemy Unknown DLCs sale.

no news about minecraft PS4/vita?

also no strider Demo for PS4? what gives :/

mikeyg316uk 19 February, 2014 @ 2:48 pm   17

lol thought people would of stopped asking for a netflix app for the vita in eu. its not gonna happen. im considering getting strider but not sure might try the trail on ps3 and if i like it buy for the ps4. still a ridiculous price for knack i’ll wait till it hit plus before buying

schoolhater1 19 February, 2014 @ 2:49 pm   18

Will, Europe/UK be seeing anymore PS2 releases on the store?

humantank007 19 February, 2014 @ 2:49 pm   19

Can’t buy anything using card directly because my ‘credit card information is not valid’, even though I haven’t changed it and it is valid… and I just bought something successfully with it from Tescos and PayPal.

Got it around it by adding funds to wallet via PayPal but it is a bit silly how some days PSN thinks it’s invalid, and the next day it’s fine…

You_Better_Hide 19 February, 2014 @ 2:50 pm   20

Ok after research, my games i am getting today are: Sorcery Saga: Curse Of The Great Curry God & Gunslugs for Vita and Strider for PS4. Woop! That will keep me busy until Thief.

Can you please consider putting more JRPG at PS+ ? we get a lot of FPS and it’s disappoiting, not saying that the games are bad, but more genres would be great.

madmanwithabox12 19 February, 2014 @ 2:50 pm   22

Nice update, might pick up Gunslugs since it’s a very reasonable price. Is it like Metal Slug?

Is it safe to say we’re never going to see Dragon Fantasy I & II or Toro’s Friend Network? NA got these ages ago and it’s been dark in Europe for a long time.

It wouldn’t hurt Capcom to throw Strider HD onto the Vita in all fairness. But like Ducktales Remastered they’ll just ignore the platform again. = (

Jawad Ashraf 19 February, 2014 @ 3:35 pm

There aren’t plans for EU to see Toro’s Friend Network sadly.
    I have not heard updates for Dragon Fantasy either I’m afraid…

Is the date for Rayman Legends correct? Isn’t it out Friday the 21st not Thursday the 20th? Also back last year when the PS4 was announced, Mark Cerny said there would be demos for everything and we wouldn’t have to wait for a full installation to start playing. Neither of these things appear to be true is this being fixed any time soon?

The U.S received Mr Driller yesterday on ps1,and it was vita compatible. Any chance of this appearing on the EU store?

No Strider demo on PS4? Is this for real?

I might get Freedom Cry on PS4 as I played AC IV on PS3 so the stand alone is ideal for me. I’m still waiting for the Thief reviews before I make my next purchasing decision.

One question, any chance of a release date for Minecraft PS4 Edition any time soon?

StevenJamesHyde 19 February, 2014 @ 2:53 pm   27

Disappointed by the Rayman Legends price, I was hoping that $39.99 translated to £29.99 or less. Oh well, physical copy it is then

I haven’t received my 10€ promotional code for adding 50€ to my account by paypal, and it has passed more than 14 days, should I be worried?

I get you and Fred don’t have the authority to comment but do you not think it’s worth getting someone who does on here to address where you are failing. We’ve heard before that Netflix have submitted an EU app and you won’t publish, why do Americans get more plus games etc

Juhal_1234 19 February, 2014 @ 2:56 pm   30

Top spin 4 for me I guess.
Wish there was a JRPG sale :) hint hint
How about ratchet and clank all 4 one goes on sale? Or one piece pirate warriors or starhawk :3
I ask for too much I guess hehe
Oh well, I was expecting a rockstar sale like the us are having.

Evil-LoPo 19 February, 2014 @ 2:57 pm   31

Isn’t Ys: Memories of Celceta coming out this Friday ?

@dirtyCAT79. The blogpost says its supposed to come out Friday 21st

LordRastan 19 February, 2014 @ 2:59 pm   33

come on… what about IGC plus march games?!?!?

I’m waiting for your confirmation before buying anymore february sales…

Megastar78 19 February, 2014 @ 2:59 pm   34

Just wondering why the price cut for The Last of Us was brought forward by a week without any fanfare. It was originally meant to be from today to next Wednesday but it was actually from the 12th until tomorrow. I was originally going to buy it this Friday but someone mentioned it on another forum that I go on to that it was already on sale so thankfully got to pick it up already. I imagine that a lot of people were waiting like myself to pick it up and might end up missing it. Any chance you will leave it extended until the 26th Feb so that some poor unfortunates who are going on the dates in the original February Cuts blog post might have a chance of picking it up instead of cursing themselves that they missed it.

You_Better_Hide 19 February, 2014 @ 3:00 pm   35

Actually i am going to hold off on Sorcery Saga: Curse Of The Great Curry God. Can’t justify $47.95 for a game that took ages to reach here and in hopes we see a JRPG sale, ;) Hint hint Jawad! Come on you know you want to.
Gunslugs is fun. Enjoying it.

crimsonidol-de 19 February, 2014 @ 3:01 pm   36

Why no Sorcery Saga for Germany? Will it still be released as a physical version over here?

crimsonidol-de 19 February, 2014 @ 3:02 pm   37

Why’s there no Sorcery Saga for Germany?
Will we still get a physical release?

So no one has noticed the anime app for the ps3 called animex or something?

Got a couple of messages from some friends who’re downloading Strider for their PS4. Both said the PS network is crawling at ss nails pace, and the download is taking way too long. So I went online, bought Strider for the PS4 myself and yes…the network is unbelievably slow. I mean REALLY slow.
Went on to XBL with my XBOX One, bought the twin stick Halo shooter. 1.5 gig download took 5 mins. If that. Strider on the other hand is telling me 39 hours for 2.5gigs.

What the Hell’s going on? I thought all this crap had finished.

Shame Strider 1&2 isn’t available among the PS1 classics. It was a preorder bonus for the new Strider on japanese PSN. No such thing here so I will wait for a sale.

Lord_Gremlin 19 February, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   41

There’s an issue with Sorcery Saga. I’ve purchased the game with all DLC and while store now shows all DLC pieces as purchased only the game file itself can be accessed via download list. On both Vita and PC.
Aren’t those DLC supposed to be actual files?

wilbur164 19 February, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   42

dlc when? put some dlc sale for god sake

Croaker_1 19 February, 2014 @ 3:08 pm   43

It seems odd that Rayman Legends is priced at £34.99 when Ubisofts own uPlay store lists it at £29.99. It’s not easy to find the RRP but would not expect uPlay to charge any less than that.

Hi Jawad…

1) My previous issue with the two “non-purchased” addons for FF13-2 (Fight in Style and Muramasa) is still not fixed, i’ve tried asking again for help but nobody read my messages.

2) What’s the actual size of Lords of Shadow 2 digital version? When i put the game in preorder it says 3.98GB, which is ABSOLUTELY impossible.

3) What happened to the two Ferrari and Jaguar addon packs for Need for Speed Rivals? I thought they were going to be released like TODAY.

Jawad Ashraf 19 February, 2014 @ 3:33 pm

1. I had reported this but our guy is not seeing any issue with this. In your situation, you’re still able to download from your download list, though whener you need it.

2. I’m not aware on the size yet but yeah, 4GB does sound small.

3. All NFS content is purchaseable in game only.

I am still waiting for Mass Effect 3 DLC Sale… Should I keep on waiting or there is no plan for discounting DLC’s?

when is the amazon digital marketplace exiting beta? Annoying to see digital ps4 codes being significantly reduced for the USA while we pay through the nose. We ‘get it’, you’re trying to entice more customers stateside, but what about you’re loyal european customers?

Oh that’s right, we get a new blog layout. terrific.

And where’s the rockstar sale?

Strider back and a price drop on XCOM… Score!

According to the blog post “Earth Defense Force 2025 launches all-out PS3 assault tomorrow” posted yesterday, isn’t EDF 2025 supposed to come out today ?

Finally good Vita games are coming out faster than I can afford them. And even if I could afford them all I don’t have the time to play them. There is a healthy list of pre-orders at my local game store and that doesn’t take digital only releases into account. Vita’s future is looking pretty rosy. If money was no object it would take me at least six months to play the ones I want. At least i am in a position where I can wait for sales. Which brings me to…memory! 32GB is not enough. Frankly a 64GB wouldn’t be enough. Bring on 128GB! Mind you that would probably cost more than the Vita.

Is there ever going to be a Twitch TV app?

Load all