Posted 26 February

New on PlayStation Store: Thief, Ys: Memories of Celceta, more

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Basement Crawl and Pac-Man Museum also out this week

First up this week is Thief, on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Step into the silent shoes of Garrett, a dark and solitary thief with an unrivalled set of skills. Lurk through the shadows and choose your method to take down guards. The most challenging heists, the most inaccessible loot, the best kept secrets; nothing is out of your reach.

Also keeping with the dark setting this week is Basement Crawl. Enter the basement, explore dark, sinister arenas and be at one with the insanity. Fight with – or against – your friends in intensive, action packed online and offline game modes.

PlayStation Store also welcomes Adol, the loveable red haired chap who seems to have a thing for showing up in an unfortunate state in most of his games. Ys: Memories of Celceta on PS Vita is Falcom’s own retelling of the Japanese exclusive title Ys IV. It’s now time to guide Adol through the expansive region of Celceta and maybe have more women fall for his courage and bravery.

Elsewhere on the store this week – keep an eye out for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, and a fistful of new deals and discounts.

And finally, a reminder: for those who have yet to upgrade select PS3 digital titles (Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition) to their PS4 counterparts, please remember the upgrade programme will be ending at the end of March.

New PlayStation Network content

Content list is subject to change – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

Apps

EP4466-NPEB01974_00-WEBMAF00000PATHE_en_THUMBIMG
Pathe Thuis
Netherlands only

PlayStation 4

BasementCrawl
Basement Crawl
Price: £ 8.49/€9.99/AUD$14.35
PEGI: 12

EP0082-NPEJ00280_00-B000000000000924_en_THUMBIMG
Thief (PS4) (available from 27th in AU/NZ, 28th All else)
Price: £59.99/€69.99/AUD$99.95
PEGI: 18

12476253823_468abd0d28_o
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS4)
Price: €59.99
PEGI: 7
Available from 27th Feb in Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal, Russia, Switzerland, Ukraine

PlayStation 3

EP0101-NPEB01434_00-CLOS200000000000_en_THUMBIMG
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 (available from 28th Feb in UK, 27th all else)
Price: £ 39.99/€49.99/AUD$69.95
PEGI: 18

Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
Price: £24.99 /€34.99 /AUD$44.95
PEGI: 7
Austria, Germany, Switzerland

EP0700-NPEB01892_00-PACMANMUSEUMKEY0_en_THUMBIMG
Pac-Man Museum (Trial available)
Price: £15.99 /€19.99 /AUD$29.95
PEGI: 3

EP0082-NPEJ00280_00-B000000000000924_en_THUMBIMG
Thief (PS3) (available from 27th in AU/NZ, 28th all else)
Price: £ 39.99/€59.99/AUD$69.95
PEGI: 18

12476253823_468abd0d28_o
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
Price: €49.99
PEGI: 7

ToS Chronicles
Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles (available from 28th Feb)
Price: £24.99 /€34.99 /AUD$44.95
PEGI: 12

ToS
Tales Of Symphonia (available from 28th Feb)
Price: £15.99 /€19.99 /AUD$29.95
PEGI: 12

ToSDawn
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World (available from 28th Feb)
Price: £15.99 /€19.99 /AUD$29.95
PEGI: 12

PlayStation Vita

Invizimals: The Alliance
Price: £19.99 /€24.99/AUD$32.95
PEGI: 7
Austria, Germany, Switzerland

12476253823_468abd0d28_o
The LEGO Movie Videogame (Vita)
Price: €39.99
PEGI: 7

Ys
Ys: Memories Of Celceta
Price: £34.99 /€39.99 /AUD$54.95
PEGI: 12

PlayStation Mobile

Trolly Bird (£1.59/€1.99/AUD$3.45)
FL Scientific Calculator (£1.59/€1.99/AUD$3.45)
Pixel Colors (£0.99/€1.29/AUD$2.25)
The Cube (£3.89/€4.79/AUD$8.25)
GALATEA(£3.89/€4.79/AUD$8.25)

PS4 DLC

Battlefield 4

• Grenades Shortcut kit (Free)
  • Shotgun Shortcut kit (Premium Only)

Call Of Duty: Ghosts

• Onslaught (£11.59/€14.49/AUD$19.95) (Available from 27th Feb)

Need For Speed Rivals

• NFS Rivals Concept Lamborghini – Cops (£3.19/€3.99/AUD$5.85)
  • NFS Rivals Concept Lamborghini – Racers (£3.19/€3.99/AUD$5.85)
  • NFS Rivals Concept Lamborghini – Complete (£4.79/€5.99/AUD$8.85)

PS3 DLC

Battlefield 4

• Grenades Shortcut kit (£3.99/€4.99/AUD$7.35)
  • Shotgun Shortcut kit (£3.99/€4.99/AUD$7.35)

Call of Duty: Ghosts

• Onslaught (£11.59/€14.49/AUD$19.95) (Available from 27th Feb)

Earth Defense Force 2025

• Additional Mission Pack 2 (£7.29/€8.99/AUD$13.25)

LittleBigPlanet 2 (Cross-Buy)

• Tearaway Minipack For Littlebigplanet 2 (£1.59/€1.99/AUD$2.95)
  • Tearaway Minipack For LittleBigPlanet Vita (£1.59/€1.99/AUD$2.95)
  • Tearaway Minipack For LittleBigPlanet Karting (£1.59/€1.99/AUD$2.95)

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

• Divine Wear (£3.19/€3.99/AUD$5.85)
  • Moogle Lover (£3.19/€3.99/AUD$5.85)
  • Ultimate Savior (£3.19/€3.99/AUD$5.85)
  • Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns – The Premium Collection (£7.99/€9.99/AUD$14.45)

Need For Speed Rivals

• NFS Rivals Concept Lamborghini – Cops (£3.19/€3.99/AUD$5.85)
  • NFS Rivals Concept Lamborghini – Racers (£3.19/€3.99/AUD$5.85)
  • NFS Rivals Concept Lamborghini – Complete (£4.79/€5.99/AUD$8.85)

Pac-Man Museum

• Ms.Pac-Man (Free)

Rocksmith 2

• Acidman – Shinsekai (£2.39/€2.99/AUD$4.35)
  • The Doors – Light My Fire (£2.39/€2.99/AUD$4.35)
  • The Doors – Riders On The Storm (£2.39/€2.99/AUD$4.35)
  • The Doors – Roadhouse Blues (£2.39/€2.99/AUD$4.35)
  • The Doors Song Pack (£6.49/€7.99/AUD$11.75)

PS Vita DLC

LittleBigPlanet Vita (Cross-Buy)

• Tearaway Minipack For LittleBigPlanet Vita (£1.59/€1.99/AUD$2.95)

Muramasa Rebirth

• Genroku Legends – A Cause to Daikon For (£3.19/€3.99/AUD$5.85)

Tearaway

• The LittleBigPaper Pack (£1.59/€1.99/AUD$2.95)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

144 Comments 27 Author replies
Show oldest first

Netflix. Vita. Where is it?

crusher915 26 February, 2014 @ 3:07 pm   2

MMMM…… You really know how to make someone wait… Playing hard to get… You sweet sweet PS+

Silent_Gig 26 February, 2014 @ 3:07 pm   3

Slim selection for me today, nothing im really interested in picking up.

Can we get some kind of response regarding the negative changes Sony EU made to ps plus in last few months:
Removed one ps3 game despite quoting earlier in the year that the ps4 would not impact on the quantity or quality of ps3 offerings.
Changed the number of yearly updates from 13 to 12. You did this one quietly never acknowledging it until last week. EU used to get 13 to makeup for the fact that the Us igc contained more games.
Didn’t update the yearly vita igc despite stating you would do so before the end of the year in an earlier blog post.

Pavementpoop 26 February, 2014 @ 3:08 pm   5

shot in the dark… but any news on N++

@Jawad Ashraf
telltale games / the walking dead season ( when we getting rest )
wolf among us ( same goes for this )
?

Also I think you made a mistake with the thief price- it says £59.99…

The--geordie 26 February, 2014 @ 3:09 pm   8

60 quid for thief we know who the thief is for that price

What day can we expect the new IGC games to be announced. I can hardly wait any longer.

Every time I see it I just can’t get over the £60 RRP for PS4 games. I know every week these comments sections are filled with nothing but hate and abuse, and I sympathise with that. I also understand those prices are out of your control, but surely you know someone who knows someone who knows himself that those prices are damn ridiculous. I WANT to buy Thief. I WANT to buy Thief digitally. But when it costs a whole £20 cheaper on Amazon, I just can’t say no. I found Rayman for £15 cheaper than the Store, and I’ve pre-ordered MGS: Ground Zeroes for £20 cos I know it’s going to be at least £30 when it releases digitally.

I just don’t understand. Sony’s strangling itself here. Obviously undercutting retailers is a big no-no, but you realise the PlayStation Store is literally the only place charging £60. Price parity, please, and you’ll get a lot more business from me.

ReNeGADe1991 26 February, 2014 @ 3:11 pm   11

Not be cheeky.

But if BF4 is on sale for £25 quid on PS3, does that technically mean its on sale on PS4 for £35 ( with the upgrade) or is it not that simple?

AlphaSpookster 26 February, 2014 @ 3:12 pm   12

Thief for PS4 £60 whilst its $60 on the US store, surely the conversion rate should make this £37. Why are we constantly getting screwed when it comes to pricing of games here in Europe as compared to the US?

BRISTOLAD 26 February, 2014 @ 3:12 pm   13

BTW THIEF IS £ 39.99 IF U LOOK
kids

when will PS Plus for march will be announced?

Suzzopher 26 February, 2014 @ 3:13 pm   15

If I had know Tales of Symphonia would be released separately I wouldn’t have bought the retail game :(

Jawad, do you have a date for R-Type Dimensions at all?

madmanwithabox12 26 February, 2014 @ 3:14 pm   16

I was wondering when the Invizimals games were going to drop, seeing as they were in all the Vita adverts on youtube last year.

Speaking of Vita games, any word on Mutant Mudds Deluxe? I thought that looked like a promising game, but seems to have gone dark?

And is that Tearaway DLC I see? O_o
I had no idea MM were going to do DLC for it, glad they are.

Mardolina 26 February, 2014 @ 3:14 pm   17

@ReNeGADe1991

It is quite right, update is possible until March so you’re good to go with PS3 version and upgrade.

I3loodthirsty 26 February, 2014 @ 3:15 pm   18

60 quid for thief noooooooo, was gonna buy it but 60 quid LooooL Nope, it feels like we are getting screwed on price yet again as the us have the game at 60 dollars which doesn’t equal 60 pounds.

was going to get second son on our store when it is out but with the on going trend to over charge us I ll go and pre order it on my us account

Aww, was hoping for some new games to be included in the last week of the February sale :(
For my Vita

dylanwiggan 26 February, 2014 @ 3:17 pm   20

I just want to echo pretty much everyone’s comments so far. We deserve an explanation about how/why our plus service has gone down hill and when will digital prices be competitive? And why are the Americans paying much less for everything?

What’s up with the Thief(PS4) price? On the NA store the PS3 and PS4 versions cost the same amount!

QuietlyWrong 26 February, 2014 @ 3:20 pm   22

Every week we hear complaints about the pricing on the store. And with good reason.

But we should also take the time to celebrate the rare occasions when the prices are good.

If the UK price for the digital Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (£24.99) is correct then I take my hat off to Bandai Namco. You deserve lots of digital sales! :D

USEYOURFIST 26 February, 2014 @ 3:20 pm   23

I always read comments about £=$ while i agree we pay more its not a huge gap once things like different taxes and vats are considered. Im not sure how it works on digital stuff but physical games etc dont have there local taxes etc applied when you see them advertised at $50 whereas uk does

DavoTheDiv 26 February, 2014 @ 3:20 pm   24

£59.99? You what? I really want to go digital, but you just won’t let me. Why is there a 50% mark-uk from boxed product? I just don’t get it.

FallingStickman 26 February, 2014 @ 3:21 pm   25

@AlphaSpookster

Because unlike the US we have a huge VAT on everything.

@Jawad: If Plus is being announced tomorrow, could you also give some answers to the following questions regarding Plus in that update please:

- Why do we have to wait 5 weeks? ( last 4 months it happened 3 times we had to wait 5 weeks, games entered PS Plus 29th of January and if they available next week its already March, so i miss an update in Febr. )
– Why do we get 12 PS3 games less on a yearly base compared to the US, while Sony stated PS4 wouldnt affect PS Plus?
– Why do we pay more as the US but get a lot less?
– Why do sales differ that much compared to the US, up to 50% ( sometimes even more ) bigger discount?
– Where are the yearly Vita titles that should ve changed last year november, according to info Fred posted on the blog last year? Shouldnt apologies for misinforming be in place?
– Games often dont have the promised Metacritic score of 70%, not that important to me but if Sony says they should have that score, they actually should have that score?

Thanks in advance for answering these questions :)

Jawad Ashraf 26 February, 2014 @ 3:25 pm

I cannot answer them myself. Once the post is live feel free to post all related queries there :)

Twitch.tv app for the Vita would be nice.

AlphaSpookster 26 February, 2014 @ 3:28 pm   28

@FallingStickMan – The US also have taxes added on and our VAT tax does not equal the the differnence in price. 60.00 USD = 36.0914 GBP at this current time. Thats a price difference of £23.9086 so nowhere near the price of VAT

Any sign of the Pinball Arcade Discount being fixed this week?

So no Ys Psp sale for the Ys release? :-(

Jay-Matrix 26 February, 2014 @ 3:32 pm   31

Oh, so it’s a Plus game being announced tomorrow? If so, I’m hoping Mercenary Kings gets released that way, even if I’d also be ready to pay for it!

Pathe Thuis
Netherlands only

not available in the netherlands (ps vita and since it doesnt state what console i assume it would be on the vita aswell)

FL Scientific Calculator (£1.59/€1.99/AUD$3.45) Not available in the netherlands

still waiting for the summer 2013 release of twitch and usteam for the vita and the netflix app that sony is holding back becouse netflix netherlands says youre holding it back since a couple of monhts

and still waiting on video unlimited that would release in the netherlands in 2008 so yet again where is it ?

Ishan_The_King 26 February, 2014 @ 3:32 pm   33

For the Indian PS Store, digital full games for PS4 are priced at 3999 INR, while physical copies retail for as low as 2499 INR. I think that says a lot about the current state of digital pricing of games on PSN. I am ready to go all-digital, if it weren’t for these exaggerated prices. The people concerned should really take this issue to the table. Just saying.

Eeeeeeeee can’t wait until tomorrow for Plus information!! Although I agree with all the people (particularly WizzNL) complaining about the PS+ service, I didn’t really mind but with the increase in subscriptions I don’t understand why Sony would start stuttering the EU service. Especially now that it’s required for online play for no explained reason.

PHEEliNUX 26 February, 2014 @ 3:32 pm   35

Oh blimey, Not interested in Symphonia as i already have the GCN and Wii versions, But Avatars? I can FINALLY use Genis as my PSN Avatar? I’m sold.
Need Vesperia avatars there too

One_Shot_KiIIer 26 February, 2014 @ 3:33 pm   36

whats going on with my ps store? everytime i go on it, it freezes strait away and i’ve delete and re-installed it and it’s still the same???

jamie-sixtyfour 26 February, 2014 @ 3:33 pm   37

I doubt it would work 100% but you guys really need a big yellow “notifications bar” at the top of the site telling people when the next PS+ news update will be.

Although I’m sure people will ask either way. The amount of people asking is a bit crazy,

Jawad Ashraf 26 February, 2014 @ 3:53 pm

PS Plus updates are announced middle of the month, or late in the month, so always hold expectations off around that time :)

@Jawad: A lot of people have been posting these questions in the Plus topics, and about every other topic, for the last 6 months or so. I havent seen an answer though, but sure ill copy and paste tomorrow :)

Jawad Ashraf 26 February, 2014 @ 3:56 pm

There are certain things, not just Plus related where our hands are tied. We simply cannot respond to your questions as per instructions. It’s not that we don’t want to, but it’s because we aren’t allowed to. So if a question isn’t being answered for a fair while it amost always is because we aren’t allowed. Hope this helps, even if a little :)

There hasn’t been any content given away to PlayStation Plus customers this month (except for Outlast on the PS4). Is there a reasonable explanation for this?

Also, I understand that the staff must be tired of seeing comments that aren’t positive but I’m getting kind of tired of the lack of replies to important questions, such as the lack of yearly refresh on Vita games. I know Jawad replied to WizzNL but he didn’t answer any of the questions and simply directed him to ask again tomorrow on the Plus post. I’m sure if WizzNL does post it tomorrow it’ll just get ignored like the difficult questions always do.

I don’t like to complain but I’m so tired of being left in the dark ;___;

Haha you guys have done it again. The crew team wait with the igc until tomorrow? After the february price cut ends. What a surprise. Its kinda low you know.

You didnt even answered my last question. Is it ever gonna be a black ops sale EVER? The price is so ridicilous.

No demo for The Lego movie video game?

Random127 26 February, 2014 @ 3:41 pm   43

Bit disappointing we are not getting any PS+ content in February :(

I thought we were supposed to get an update and new games each month.

Hexahedronaut 26 February, 2014 @ 3:42 pm   44

Until people stop buying digital games at these prices they’re not going to stop screwing over you all.

PSN
Theif (PS4) £59.99 converted that’s $99

AMAZON
Theif (PS4) normal edition and the limited edition £42

And am I the only one that doesn’t really like the layout of the new PS Blog, I mean it looks better than the original but it also kinda feels like the Windows 8 mess where tiles are scattered everywhere… I liked the other one as it was more basic in other words

jfontyman 26 February, 2014 @ 3:43 pm   46

@ReNeGADe1991

Grab BF4 as fast as you can, last December I was lucky enough to get the retail BF4 on PS3, by using store loyalty discounts I got it down to £20 and immediately upgraded to the PS4 version. Through in premium and everybody gets my money, I’m happy, they’re happy, we happy :-)

@jawad…. Wizznl could and probally will ask those questions when the post is live but as you well know jawad we never get answers just like with netflix. You guys pick and choose what to answer and its never the important question that get answered. I appreciate everythin that is given to us… ps plus is the best service by far ive ever been subscribed to. What I dont appreciate is being lied to with no explanations, being treated like a 6 year old (yes a lot of answers cudnt be more patronising if you tried) Just giv us the truth.. most of us are adults and can take bad news for example… if netflix is never coming to vita or is just delayed tell us.. someone must know what the deal is with it? Or the yearly rotation of vita igc. If it aint gunna happen publicly release that information for your loyal paying customers and to all the people complaining about digital prices fight the cause with your money. If no one payed the high digital prices they would be forced to lower the price or scrap the digital games idea

When is DriveClub gonna be released?

Sorry but it’s getting a bit ridiculous now. I would love to get all my games straight from PSN, but it’s £25 more expensive than most other retailers, and those versions have bonus DLC, and they come with a box and a disc.
Until the prices get sorted out, it’s just not justifiable to get anything from PSN. Even when they’re on sale they’re the same price as retail.

Hexahedronaut 26 February, 2014 @ 3:46 pm   50

Jawad Ashraf seriously mate who’s controlling the digital pricing?. Even you have to see this is getting ridiculous.

Load all