Posted 5:00pm

Killzone Shadow Fall – first multiplayer expansion pack revealed

Plus, free multiplayer maps also detailed

We are very excited to announce the details of Killzone Shadow Fall’s first multiplayer expansion: The Insurgent Pack.

The expansion pack is full of exciting new features for multiplayer including a brand new Character Class, three new abilities, three new weapons and two new game modes.

The Helghast government has been secretly funding The Black Hand, the operatives of which have been infiltrating Vekta City. The VSA has also started a programme that sends saboteurs disguised as refugees to the Helghast side of the wall. These insurgents are playable for the first time in the brand new Insurgent Expansion, which includes:

• The Insurgent – a brand new class with two unique abilities: Hack and Steal.
    • The insurgent starts with just a pistol and his wits about him. As vulnerable as he is, he can slowly build up his arsenal in the game by using [Steal] to steal weapons and abilities from downed enemies, which enables him to use those weapons throughout the game, even if he falls in combat. By using [Hack] he can change enemy ground automata into friendlies, turning the tide of battle quite swiftly.
  • Three new abilities – The Assault, Support and Scout also get additional abilities
    • E-Pulse emitter – a deployable beacon that sends out an e-pulse making it difficult for enemy units to install automata in that area.
    • Tactical Echo emitter – a deployable beacon that send out a Tactical Echo from a fixed location making the area hard to infiltrate by hidden enemy units.
    • Guard Drone – The Scout gets a stationary Buddy drone; deploy it in one place and it guards the location from a ground level.
  • Three new weapons – Welcome old friends and new with this pack of weapons for the Scout, Assault and Support:
    • M82 – the classic assault rifle of choice from Killzone 2 and 3 is back!
    • L512 SMG Pistol – this amazing machine pistol makes your tactical secondary weapon of choice that much more punch.
    • Sta14 Rifle – The sniper rifle of many battles past adds to your long distance sniping arsenal.
  • New single player Elite Mode – The nightmarish difficulty of Elite Mode will test the hardest of warriors
    • Three lives, Hard difficulty, and the Shadowfall campaign to test your mettle.
  • New online collectibles mode – Find the online collectibles crates in game for rewards
    • A limited set of collectible crates will spawn only for Insurgent Expansion holders, one per match for a limited time. Collect one and earn extra points in game, collect more and stand to win rewards in game.
  • New challenges and trophies
    • All this content comes with its own set of Challenges and Trophies to unlock. Trophy details will be released soon.
  • Insurgent Personalisation Pack -
    • 1 OWL Skin
    • 3 Spotlight Moves
    • 1 voice-over pack containing HGH and VSA battle chatter voices

The Insurgent Pack will be available on PlayStation Store in April for €9.99. Of course, you get it for free with the Season Pass which gives you all the essential Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer DLC at the best value.

But don’t worry; we’ve got something to help you pass the time until The Insurgent Pack comes out. When we revealed MP at gamescom, we promised you that all of the DLC multiplayer maps for Killzone Shadow Fall would be free – and the first two are live now on PlayStation Store for you to download!

The first of these free map packs includes two very distinct maps inspired by key locations from the single-player campaign, and are also completely compatible with the game’s Custom Warzone feature. Check them out in these brand new trailers.

The Cruiser map is set in a decommissioned VSA cruiser full of narrow, labyrinthine passages and interconnected compartments. Perfect for close-to-mid-range combat, the key to owning this map is identifying and dominating its many choke points.

Then we have The Hangar which takes place in the hangar bay of one of Helghan’s vast and lofty mining spires. This wide-open map combines large exposed spaces, perfect for sniping, as well as alternative routes to seek out and secure for total domination.

If you still haven’t picked up your copy of Killzone Shadow Fall and want to check out these maps for yourself, don’t forget we’re running a free trial of the multiplayer right now until 11th March. No disc or PS Plus membership required!

We hope you enjoy the first of these free maps – keep an eye on PlayStation Blog for many more coming your way this year.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

30 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Will this pack also include trophies?

Also can you buy some of the items seperatly. I mostly just want the M82.

vonhammer 5 March, 2014 @ 5:29 pm   3

The insurgent sounds cool.

Just to confirm the 2 modes are SP, so theres no splitting off the MP community.
Are the voices new? I already have the Radec pack.

lol, how is it the PS3 browser works perfectly on the new blog yet PS4 is a mess.

wardragon989 5 March, 2014 @ 6:11 pm   4

Man all this stuff sounds amazing; two new maps, a new class (with some cool abilities), and more.

There best be trophies with this pack and that new difficulty! :D If so could we suggest naming some as a sort of competition?

Stonesthrow 5 March, 2014 @ 7:14 pm   5

I was a big fan of the series since the first but this one and the vita portable just somehow didn’t do it for me (as a Killzone game, great games in general). Don’t really like the classes or their abilities anymore and this new class sounds even worse. Good thing I’ll finally get my M82 back, now if only we could get an Operations mode again.. Hope to still get in it and learn to appreciate the classes as I level up, but unlike other KZ’s, I wasn’t hooked on this from the start.. Would also love to see a patch that adds to the maximum aiming sensitivity as it’s too slow for me, but I guess that’s impossible?

twinspectre 5 March, 2014 @ 7:18 pm   6

why 9.99€ when i spend 70.00€ for the game , im tired buying half game
im really tired with this treatment , people wake up
79.99€ for this game ? and the best has to come , the next dlc will be another 9.99€ and we are at 89.99€
WHy , WHY damn what the heck is goin on ? i want answer
i miss the old good days when i spend 59.98€ for a FULL GAME
now 70.00 for a Half games ? im not a Sheep and i will not support this

thegreatnolive 5 March, 2014 @ 7:39 pm   7

What in the name of a roadkill skunk’s asshole is this bullshit? Why do we have to pay for a fuckin class in online muliplayer,?

dirtyCAT79 6 March, 2014 @ 12:44 am   8

Will this pack also include people to play with?

I love the game. I really do and i ‘WANT’ to buy your DLC. However, even on the more popular online games, DLC segments the online player base and ultimately those who pay end up with less people to play with which equates to worse connection on the DLC maps etc. Therefore i’ve stopped buying maps as DLC as much as I really want to.

I’d much rather see a company release DLC as weapon unlock shortcuts or kit cosmetics, maybe some extra gadgets or guns and release map content for free as a way to keep the game alive. Think about it – if you were announcing free maps every month or so, people would keep coming back into the game to try them out.

A multiplayer game is only ever as good as the number of players it has on line and sadly this game (as technically outstanding as it is) has very few these days.

dirtyCAT79 6 March, 2014 @ 12:46 am   9

aaaaaand…. i just read the release and its actually what i just said… so awesome.
Foot in mouth..i’ll shutup and go buy that then.

Nice one

Rich8606 6 March, 2014 @ 5:20 am   10

What else is included in the season pass? Other than this and the coop mode to come, will there be more Warzone DLCs? More classes, weaponsand abilities?

jonasbylin 6 March, 2014 @ 7:41 am   11

I have a UK PS4 and a UK KZSF disc but my PSN account is Swedish. I can’t get the maps or the voice pack to install (its stuck on “Waiting to install”). Emailing Guerilla Games/Sony has led to nothing so I’m taking a shot here. Any news on this? Isn’t it supposed to work or do I have to buy the game in Sweden for it to download and install?

Store reports “content cannot be accessed at this time”, and I cannot download the maps. Finnish store.

Tender_Brans0n 6 March, 2014 @ 9:09 am   13

Same here, stuck on ‘waiting to install’… Dutch PS4 and Killzone (bundle copy) and maps downloaded from Dutch PSN store.

Has anyone successfully downloaded and installed the maps?

Tender_Brans0n 6 March, 2014 @ 9:30 am   14

Weird thing is that I also bought the Killzone Season Pass (from the Dutch PSN store), and this installed without a problem.

Thus new update sounds great and the extra class was sorely needed and should really mix up the gameplay well.
I hope the new abilities also go some way to rebalancing the class abilities in general as the Support class is currently way more useful than the other two.

Anyone manage to take advantage of the glitch last night and buy Killzone for 85p?

Tender_Brans0n 6 March, 2014 @ 2:26 pm   17

Can someone from Guerrilla Games or Sony please clarify?

There are numerous threads of the official Killzone Shadow Fall forum about the map pack problem, but some clarification would be nice. According to the information from the forum I have the UK KZSF disc (CUSA 0008), which means the map pack I downloaded is incompatible with my copy of KZSF. I bought the Season Pass upon release and that installed without problems. Since the first DLC of the Season Pass is still to be released I don’t know if I will have the same problems downloading that content. (and wasted 20 euros on a Season Pass I maybe can’t use)

Why does the UK have a different KZSF disc than EU? And why was the UK disc version included in the PS4 Killzone bundle I bought in The Netherlands?

I was able to finally download the map pack via: Store, Library, Killzone, “Map pack”.

jonasbylin 7 March, 2014 @ 8:12 am   19

The only way I got it work was to create a UK account and download the maps from there. Installed on all my users and I could play it with this account. Hope this is not a thing on the ps4 because its stupid as fock.

mulletboyjay 7 March, 2014 @ 9:50 am   20

I have the opposite problem to you, Jonas – I have a UK account but an EU (Swedish) disc.
I can’t simply create a Swedish account, as I won’t be able to download the other content I have purchased for KZ with my UK account.

This is totally ridiculous and needs to be fixed – the only thing it shows me as owning is the season pass, not the maps or skins I have downloaded (although I can see them in Library > KZ > Related Items but they won’t install).

Tender_Brans0n 7 March, 2014 @ 10:33 am   21

Where’s Sony or Guerrilla Games? You can better change the name to Playstation.News if you post something and then don’t show up again to reply to questions and problems users have…

nulenvoid 7 March, 2014 @ 1:29 pm   22

Thank you for the maps, season pass bought

nulenvoid 7 March, 2014 @ 1:32 pm   23

^ over 8 attempts to post that, get it together EU.

DantesReign 7 March, 2014 @ 5:48 pm   24

I have downloaded and successfully installed the Cruiser and The Hangar DLC from the PSN Store, but they do not show in the game multiplayer. If i try to join a warzone for the new maps it gives me this error : This Warzone only contains the free DLC maps that are not fully downloaded yet. Please ensure the free DLC maps have completely dowloaded and you have the full game ( including single player campaign ) downloaded to join the warzone.

Anyway i have the full game that came with my PS4. My PS4 is a Bulgarian console ( Europe ) and the DLC is being downloaded from the Bulgarian PSN store ( it installs fine , i do not get the error waiting for install… that would happen if the game and dlc region does not match ) . I have deleted the game data downloaded it , i have installed the latest update for the multiplayer and then i install the DLC but nothing the maps just dont show up. I can see the DLC taking up space from my hdd as it made the Killzone grow from 41GB to 42GB.

Why is this happening ? How can i solve it ? Can i get any help.

DantesReign 7 March, 2014 @ 5:50 pm   25

Just to add my disk is CUSA00002

DantesReign 7 March, 2014 @ 5:57 pm   26

From information on Gamefaqs i found out that :

Killzone: Shadow Fall
EU SCEE CUSA-00002 711719274971 11/29/13 18+

Killzone: Shadow Fall
EU SCEE CUSA-00008 PlayStation Store PS4 11/29/13 18+

Killzone: Shadow Fall
AU SCE Australia CUSA-00002 11/29/13 MA

My version is the bundle one shows the CUSA-00002 code but has no bar code. I dont know if there is a difference but i tried also downloading the DLC from UK account and it said Waiting for install, so the Bulgarian PSN network is the correct one.

Philorion 11 March, 2014 @ 11:24 am   27

moi j’aimerai savoir quand est ce qu’on aura le droit au mode survival / cooperation que j’attend depuis longtemps.

J’aimerai aussi qu’on puisse changer de capacitée premiere,par exemple a la place d’avoir bouclier (assaut) nous pourrions choisir soins a la place.je pense que ce serait une bonne chose.

A ce propos je critique clairement et de grande puissance les mec qui utilise la classe soutien uniquement pour la tourelle, c’est toujours sympa de crever,avoir un soutien pres de vous qui vous marche dessus,continue sa route ,sans vous soigner !!! fair play vous connaissez les gars ???

MonaLisaTurbo 12 March, 2014 @ 10:12 am   28

Hi,

I’ve got similar problem with maps like this member I copied below. I have uk psn account but I bought console in Poland.
I’ve download free maps pack but I can not join New maps warzones at all.

I’ve got killzone copy with PS4 console pack. Now I bought Season Pass.

What’s the problem?

jonasbylin 6 March, 2014 @ 7:41 am

I have same issue bought the PS4 Killzone bundle from France so the Killzone I have is French version although everything is in English and the maps downloaded from PSN UK but stuck waiting to install at least they should indicate if its incompatible or Region Locked by country it seems !!!!!!!!

leopardo_ 23 March, 2014 @ 11:34 am   30

up for this thread, there is a friend of mine who cannot play on new maps, I checked he has CUSA-00002 disk account is italian, ps4 aquired in an italian gamestop – installation of maps is fine (according to download screen) when he tries to join a game it receive error for “free content not downloaded”