Posted 1:00pm

PlayStation Store charts, February: Tomb Raider PS4, TxK, Toukiden debut

Find out what the big sellers were on PlayStation Store for the last month

Time again to take a look back at last month’s big sellers on PlayStation Store. A handful of new releases made their debuts: Tomb Raider and Rayman Legends on PS4, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 and Toukiden and TxK on PS Vita; whereas a number of discounted titles soared back into the top 10s. And this month’s most downloaded title? Yes, you guessed it: Minecraft.

Without further ado…

PS3:

1. Minecraft (1)
  2. The Last of Us (Re-entry)
  3. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (RE)
  4. Call of Juarez Gunslinger (RE)
  5. Saints Row IV (RE)
  6. The Wolf Among Us – Season Pass (RE)
  7. Gran Turismo 6 (RE)
  8. Hotline Miami (RE)
  9. EA SPORTS FIFA 14 (17)
  10. GRID 2 (RE)
  11. NHL 14 (RE)
  12. Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD (8)
  13. Far Cry Classic (New)
  14. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (New)
  15. Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City (RE)
  16. Grand Theft Auto V (RE)
  17. Far Cry 3 (13)
  18. Terraria (RE)
  19. F1 2013 (RE)
  20. How to Survive (RE)

PS4:

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (1)
  2. Battlefield 4 (2)
  3. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (New)
  4. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (3)
  5. Strider (New)
  6. EA SPORTS FIFA 14 (4)
  7. Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (New)
  8. NBA 2K14 (5)
  9. Knack (RE)
  10. Rayman Legends (New)

PS Vita:

1. Hotline Miami (RE)
  2. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (RE)
  3. TxK (New)
  4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (RE)
  5. Tearaway (RE)
  6. Terraria (5)
  7. Spelunky (RE)
  8. The Amazing Spider-Man (New)
  9. Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (RE)
  10. Toukiden: The Age of Demons (New)

PS one and PS2 Classics:

1. Final Fantasy VII (1)
  2. Final Fantasy IX (2)
  3. Crash Bandicoot (4)
  4. Final Fantasy VIII (3)
  5. Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 Bundle (RE)
  6. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (5)
  7. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (7)
  8. CTR: Crash Team Racing (8)
  9. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (9)
  10. Final Fantasy VI (6)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

28 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

tenshi_alpha 10 March, 2014 @ 1:12 pm   1

Go go TxK! Wonderful game!

Porcupeth00 10 March, 2014 @ 1:13 pm   2

PS4 top is depressing, Ghosts is a terrible game

Sorry to keep asking this but when can we pre-order Infamous SS and Metal Gear Ground Zeroes on EU store??

Fred Dutton 10 March, 2014 @ 1:17 pm

We haven’t commenced PS4 digital software pre-orders yet – I’ll update you as soon as that happens. I believe the PS3 version of Ground Zeroes opens for pre-orders on Wednesday.

yopdeano 10 March, 2014 @ 1:25 pm   3

arite fred whats happing with ridge racer driftopia doesnt seem to be on the store just woundering cause it was ment to be released last year

Fred Dutton 10 March, 2014 @ 2:03 pm

This is likely a question for the publisher, but I’m investigating!

I see Minecraft is still dominating. I don’t suppose there’s any news on the Vita/PS4 versions?

Oh, Final fantasy VII what a game, how many disks? Good god 100 hrs + just wow. I remember buying it on first release along with my first ever dual shock controller and being totally enthralled. Such a revelation at the time amazing, you young uns don’t know how lucky you are nowadays (when I was a lad and all that), I grew up with Pong, space invaders and pacman etc gaming has evolved so much just wow. 17 years later and still number 1 and not going anywhere. Its still the best final fantasy in my opinion although nostalgia may have a part to play in that.

Anyway gotta go time for my afternoon nap cocoa and bed. lol

European_Gamer 10 March, 2014 @ 1:59 pm   6

Wow, Left Behind had a big impact on The Last of Us.

Porcupeth00 10 March, 2014 @ 2:32 pm   7

“We haven’t commenced PS4 digital software pre-orders yet – I’ll update you as soon as that happens.”

Does that mean that, if they don’t start before Infamous is out, we (digital buyers) won’t be able to get Cole’s Legacy DLC due to not being able to pre-order?

WayfaringWalrus 10 March, 2014 @ 2:44 pm   8

Hi Fred,

I was just wondering if NHL 14 was going to be discounted again in the near future. It was up at around £21-22 last week when I purchased it, then a couple of friends were going to get it too. It disappeared from the store for a few days, re-appeared and now is showing up at £59.99 again!? It wasn’t involved in any of the deals as far as I was aware, so I’m guessing it wasn’t a permanent price drop? Thanks!

Fred Dutton 10 March, 2014 @ 2:48 pm

There are no plans at present, but there’s always a chance it might re-appear in future. It’s largely a decision for the game’s publisher to make.

Porcupeth00 10 March, 2014 @ 3:02 pm   9

Thanks for the info Fred. I’m kinda upset that we’re probably gonna end up to have to pay 69.99€ for the Legacy edition when US gets the DLC for free when ordering the standard version at 60 dollars..
But..first world problems lol.

inc3000 10 March, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   10

Hi!

Can someone confirm the European release of Lutrausers? Is it going to be on the 18th March (universal release) or when the store updates at the 19th March or any -later- date?

Fred Dutton 10 March, 2014 @ 3:09 pm

Sure, I can confirm that – it’ll be on the 19th. Rami @Vlambeer will be on here soon to tell you more…

jorispelgrom 10 March, 2014 @ 3:24 pm   11

Any chance we’ll also get charts for PSM, like on the US PS.Blog? I think it’ll be interesting to see how similar/different they are…

inc3000 10 March, 2014 @ 3:39 pm   12

Hi Fred!
Thanks for the confirmation!

Nazar_Ops 10 March, 2014 @ 3:53 pm   13

I’m surprised to see that Killzone: Mercenary is not on the VITA list, but instead there’s COD: BOD. What the heck?

MarkoZecevic 10 March, 2014 @ 4:01 pm   14

Any chance of a Ratchet and Clank sale? It doesn’t have to be the new Nexus game but HD Collection, Gladiator and QForce would be nice. Or maybe a Ratchet game coming to IGC?

Fred Dutton 10 March, 2014 @ 4:51 pm

No specific plans at the moment, but I’m sure it won’t be too long before a discount pops up.

@ Fred

FF VII is brilliant, my favorite game ever, FF IX is in second (i think IX is better, but my favorite is VII). this remind me of a question, i read that ps4 will have PS1 and PS2 titles running locally under emulation on ps4 , but with the possibility of HD visual enhancements.
And this is why i am trying not to buy this ps1 classics.

Do you know something about this? maybe a release date? thanks

and since Ni no Kuni it more than a million sales, do you know if it will be on sale anytime soon? maybe IGC? (i wish ;) )

Fred Dutton 10 March, 2014 @ 4:52 pm

Can you post a link to the article you’re referring to?

As for Ni No Kuni, sorry, stock response ;) – no plans right now, but could certainly happen.

jerlaak97 10 March, 2014 @ 4:12 pm   16

Two questions:

Is there going to be a sale of some kind on PS1 and 2 games anytime soon? I’m thinking something like Oddworld games, Ratchet & Clank trilogy, Sly trilogy, etc.

And could someone recommend me some good games on PSN store for less than 20€. I’m getting tired of AAA games as you might have guessed and I’m looking for something to keep me occupied until I get Dark Souls 2 (which unfortunately isn’t at the release date)

Fred Dutton 10 March, 2014 @ 4:54 pm   17

Depends what you’re into! I really enjoyed Strider. Maybe give that a shot? Or Velocity Ultra? And have you played The Last of Us DLC Left Behind?

As for PS1 and PS2 sales, as above, I’ve nothing to announce today I’m afraid.

tat_sun 10 March, 2014 @ 4:55 pm   18

@nazar_ops COD:BOD was discounted in the February Price Cuts sale, which is presumably why it was back in the charts for February.

Gyroz_Xin 10 March, 2014 @ 4:59 pm   19

I know this is a little off-topic and from what I’ve seen on the internet it doesn’t seem a widespread issue. I understand there’s PSN maintenance today yet I’ve been signed into PSN and now I can’t play online? I’m sure it said if signed in after the 6th March i’ll be able to play? Any light on this will be appreciated.

PS: I’m not moaning… :)

@ Fred

some links: [url=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps1-ps2-games-heading-to-ps4]eurogamer link[/url]
[url=http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/playstation-4-rumored-to-be-getting-ps1ps2-game-emulation]ign link[/url]

Fred Dutton 11 March, 2014 @ 11:40 am

Ah, that article is tagged as ‘rumour’ – and I don’t tend to comment on those ;) Speaking generally about PS Now, we’ll have more details on the specifics of how it works in due course. Sorry I can’t be more helpful at present.

Voodoo341 10 March, 2014 @ 7:59 pm   23

Chart for the PS4 is really poor. PS4 is beginning to lose momentum.

Project2insanity 10 March, 2014 @ 8:18 pm   24

@Voodoo341; You’re totally right. PS4 has no momentum left. I only have to wait a matter of weeks to get one due to being sold out pretty much everywhere online. And get this- I could have chosen to travel only 50 miles to get one from a shop instead. PS4′s future looks bleak if it continues at this rate.

M1tch_3ll 10 March, 2014 @ 8:43 pm   25

Actually thats almost glowing praise from Voodoo341 compared to his usual posts of doom and gloom and how totally inept SCEE, staff members and their products are. He must really love his PS4

Saying that though.. 3 months or so after release and you have to go down to No 9 before you find a PS4 game that isnt available on every other platform and he might have a point

CitizenEldar 11 March, 2014 @ 8:46 am   26

I’m glad TxK is doing great. What a cool game it is.

ten-bucks 11 March, 2014 @ 12:34 pm   27

Im looking forward to hearing news on nexr months plus, some love for vita? We’ll hear rumours very soon and confirmed in 2 weeks. LOL

ten-bucks 11 March, 2014 @ 12:39 pm   28

I will say you can lose yourself in minecraft for hours and I expect one piece pirate warriors to make the charts as its a bargain for that price with all the dlc