Posted 17 March

CastleStorm and KickBeat are coming to PlayStation 4!

Zen Studios set to unleash special editions this Spring

It’s GDC week! This is one of the best weeks of the year, and we’re happy to have some PS4 news for you! CastleStorm – Definitive Edition and KickBeat – Special Edition are both coming this spring to PlayStation 4! We can’t wait to bring these super genre mash-ups to the next-gen (or is it current-gen now?).

If you haven’t played CastleStorm before, then you are in for a treat! CastleStorm – Definitive Edition is a hilarious mix of medieval warfare, 2D physics-based destruction, tower defense and some melee brawler action thrown in! It also features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes, and more.

CastleStorm – Definitive Edition features the entire original campaign and expansions, plus a bunch of new content including new battles, modes, spells and features, all running 60 FPS @ 1080p.

CastleStorm Definitive Edition on PS4

KickBeat – Special Edition is a crazy kung-fu themed rhythm fighter. We are adding a bunch of new features, additional soundtracks and other enhancements are being added to the original campaign. The game offers players several innovative ways to interact with music and combines beat-matching mechanics with an acrobatic style of martial arts, turning every song into a raucous battle. The game features a music analyzer that allows players to create new tracks from their own music libraries.

KickBeat Special Edition 2

KickBeat Special Edition 1

I’ll be back with more details on features and pricing once we have confirmed our release dates! I’ll be running around GDC but I’ll try to answer your questions as soon as possible!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

8 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

X-Live-X 17 March, 2014 @ 4:39 pm   1

Will the Castle-Storm bersion also be a Cross-Buy-Game (Vita+PS4) like the PS3 sister?

Bobby Loertscher 17 March, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

I don’t have details on that yet but I will be back to update everyone when I have more info :)

Dante_Zero 17 March, 2014 @ 4:46 pm   2

So if the song analyser is being included in Kickbeat, would it be safe to assume a patch for PS4 enabling use to access and store music on the hard drive is finally on the horizon. Am I correct or am I reading too much into this. Stopped my music unlimited sub as kept crashing on my PS4. I also agree it would be awesome if these were cross buy as both games totally rock. PS really hope a kickbeat sequel is in the works with more social media tools, more levels, more characters, more music, better analyser and some sort of combat multiplayer would be cool. Keep up the awesome work Zen.

MaxDiehard 17 March, 2014 @ 5:01 pm   3

I’m with Dante_Zero on this.

Kickbeat will be pretty useless seeing as me have no way of playing our own music files on PS4. And there’s no way i’m letting Sony force Music Unlimited on me.

Gloom12356776543 17 March, 2014 @ 5:58 pm   4

Any chance for Cross-buy or at least 50 % Discount ? :) Thanks

Voodoo341 17 March, 2014 @ 6:37 pm   5

Why can’t you show videos? Absolutely terrible habit.

These are unlikely to be cross buy, best bet is a discount.

If you notice if you stick ultimate edition or anything else like that at the end its no longer the same product so no cross buy.

Pixeljunk shooter
Dead nation
Guacamelle

Are examples of what I mean none have/will have cross buy and this is confirmed.

I love Zens games but I already own both games and in the case of castle storm the dlc And unless its really cheap I can’t see me buying again.

I’ll still buy any and every pinball table that comes along

Oh. My… That made my day.
Can’t wait to play KickBeat again, on PS4.

Carlo_Marx 18 March, 2014 @ 11:47 am   8

Awesome. I loved the mixing up of genres in Castlestorm, but I’ll confess I never dived in and bought the full game.

Very tempted by the PS4 edition…

@Bobby have you guys done anything cool with the DualShock4?