Posted 3:00pm

FEZ arrives on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita this week

PS Plus members claim 20% launch week discount on acclaimed adventure

As of tomorrow, FEZ is finally available for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. We can’t possibly be any more excited, as we have been working towards this release for a whole year!

192.168.1.80-20140210-0016

Let’s recap a few details:

• FEZ is a video game
  • You play as fluffy white guy named Gomez who wears the eponymous fez, and needs to traverse the world two dimensions at a time in order to rebuild an ancient artefact
  • FEZ is Cross-Buy for all three platforms
  • There is a Cross-Save slot which shares your progress across PS3, PS4 and PS Vita
  • The regular price is €9.99, but if you are a PlayStation Plus member and purchase it before 2nd April, you get an additional 20% off!

We hope that you will enjoy exploring the world of FEZ for the first time, or will perhaps revisit its puzzles and charming locales once again — whether you prefer experiencing it on your home system with speakers blasting Disasterpeace’s delicious generative soundscapes, or on your Vita and headphones during the daily commute.

We would like to thank Miguel, Tony and everyone else at BlitWorks who worked hard on these releases and were always a pleasure to work with, Kert Gartner for the sweet PlayStation launch trailer, and the Sony developer relations teams. And you too – thanks for your patience, and have fun!

fez_prizes

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

48 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Xenostar 25 March, 2014 @ 3:04 pm   1

Definitely getting this is there a UK price?

I’ll be buying this.

No love for Phil in your thanks?

whizz_pt 25 March, 2014 @ 3:20 pm   3

Can’t wait for the store update to buy it tomorrow… :D

Nazar_Ops 25 March, 2014 @ 3:21 pm   4

Nice price, will definitely pick this up for PS Vita!

sisi_ozuk 25 March, 2014 @ 3:23 pm   5

That’s attractive enough for me! I’ll be buying. Thanks!

LordRastan 25 March, 2014 @ 3:23 pm   6

me too, I’ve heard a lot of great thinks about this game!!!

Jonesy2700 25 March, 2014 @ 3:30 pm   7

Definitely picking this up.
Great initiative with the 3x cross-buy btw (And the -20% for PS+!).
Gonna love me some Fez on the go and on the PS4.

VenomousAlbino 25 March, 2014 @ 3:32 pm   8

@hayzink Phil is the videogame industry’s biggest ass. He relinquished any rights to being thanked for anything after his numerous unnecessary hissy fits.

dylanwiggan 25 March, 2014 @ 3:32 pm   9

What is the price in pound sterling please

transpondster 25 March, 2014 @ 3:34 pm   10

I waited for it for soooo long…) Will be buying it, no doubt
I have a question, though
Is trophy list unified across all platforms or different for each one?

Lloytron 25 March, 2014 @ 3:34 pm   11

I’ve completed this on another platform, its a wonderful game. I’ll probably buy it again just so I can play it on the go.

Flipside666 25 March, 2014 @ 3:45 pm   12

Saw this on a indie game documentary, wanted to play it since so day one purchase for me :D

INS1GHTFUL 25 March, 2014 @ 3:45 pm   13

i have this on steam already but i never got round to playing it. Im buying this for Vita so that i can play it on the go…although that might be difficult given im still obsessed with luftrausers!

Fibw00T 25 March, 2014 @ 3:46 pm   14

When is the store updating tomorrow? I need to buy this as soon as I can. Already have this on my Xbox 360, but definitely want to be able to play it on my PS3/PS4.

Shut up and take my money!

theo_andravida 25 March, 2014 @ 3:48 pm   15

I know you have put a lot of work in this game , but with so many good games out there and limited space 10 euros is a little expensive in comparison with other great games too.You should have a bigger ps plus discount at least , as happens in us , so that they start acting like they sell to customers , not trying to get the most of our pocket.I have to admit though that you have made a very good game so i will carefully look throught it to see if i will take it.Well done for cross buy and cross save feature and glad that more ad more developers are adding these features to their games.

Rochala 25 March, 2014 @ 3:51 pm   16

Fezes are cool!

Hexahedronaut 25 March, 2014 @ 3:53 pm   17

VenomousAlbino. So because he decided to speak his mind he shouldn’t get recognised for a game he put a hell of a lot of effort/passion into grow the [censored] up. And what he said wasn’t nearly as bad as what the masses said to him on twitter on a daily bases. But please go and speak your mind and when you have hundreds soon hundreds of thousands of insecure, entitled little pathetic “gamers” threatening you and you family with some of the most racist homophobic most utterly disgusting things on a daily basis and try not to be broken down and have how did you put it “hissy fit”

On topic. Thanks guys I’ll be buying this game for a third time, easily my favourite indie game along with super meat boy of the last generation.

hayzink 25 March, 2014 @ 3:55 pm   18

@venomousalbino

I know I was taking the mick

Hexahedronaut 25 March, 2014 @ 3:56 pm   19

Hundreds upon hundreds**

wholeegun 25 March, 2014 @ 4:13 pm   20

I have this on PC already, but i’ll always support CrossBuy and purchase this again tomorrow.

vashuclash1228 25 March, 2014 @ 5:00 pm   21

9.99 euros tends to be GBP £7.99. So £6.39 with PS+ discount added on top. Very good price.

VenomousAlbino 25 March, 2014 @ 5:02 pm   22

@Hexahedronaut When he put himself in the public eye he exposed himself to criticism; just like I did with my previous comment. The difference between me and Phil is that it doesn’t bother me if some anonymous dissenters on the internet agree with me or want to criticise. If he couldn’t handle it he should have taken more of a back seat when it came to promoting the game to the public. And having seen the documentary that followed the development of Fez, Braid and Super Meat Boy, it became abundantly clear that he was as much of an ass then as he is now.

Mycket_Fet 25 March, 2014 @ 5:35 pm   23

@VenomousAlbino I think you and i have experienced the film differently. I did not see him as an ass. not at all. insecure maybe. not an ass. and you say that you can handle that someone anonymous dissenters on the internet. how can you compare that some one argues with you on your comment in an rational way. with getting abused by thousands and thousands. This hatred that is spread through the internet must stop. what people say as anonymous on the internet to others is not alright. it will never be and it must stop. no one deserves to be treated that way. and that people keep on kicking on someone that is already leis down. that is just pure wrong.

VenomousAlbino 25 March, 2014 @ 6:26 pm   24

I’ve been on that side of the Internet; having hundreds of people criticise and such. But provided you take into account that the Internet is 99.9% morons who’ll poke holes or make comments on any little thing, it shouldn’t bother you. Phil struck me as tge sort of overly sensitive person who couldn’t handle that sort of thing when I watched the film and ordinarily I wouldn’t have a problem with someone like that, but that fact that he would be a (CENSORED) about every little thing and go into needless profanity-laced rants – both before and after he threw all his toys out of his pram and quit games development – shows what an (CENSORED) he is. You think Peter Molyneux would quit games development if he saw half of the comments online concerning his constant stream of broken promises and (CENSORED)?

BlindMonkey 25 March, 2014 @ 6:44 pm   25

Wow, never expected cross-buy to cover all 3 devices :) sold!
Although I can’t see myself ever touching it on PS3, PS4 and Vita I will though.

THE_FORCE 25 March, 2014 @ 6:50 pm   26

Wasn’t this a free BASIC prog with 8×8 UDGs that you typed in yourself from Sinclair User back in 1984? Could be wrong, but then again most indie games look the same these days!

MrLIJOOL 25 March, 2014 @ 7:47 pm   27

Will probably pick this up day one! Maybe. Looking sweet!

TeddyBearTwinkle 25 March, 2014 @ 8:10 pm   28

pushes this out of the way ((((SHOVES POST ASIDE))))))

bioshock infinate episode 2 burial at sea tomorrow good thing i bought the season pass.

Kevling 25 March, 2014 @ 8:52 pm   29

Any word on how much space I’ll need to free up on my Vita memory card for this? Need to make space urgently!

Spookyhoover 25 March, 2014 @ 9:36 pm   30

This news has made my day, it really has. Fez on the move! Bliss.

TechnicMOC 26 March, 2014 @ 12:17 am   31

Already have this on PC & Xbox, but can’t wait to play on my Vita. (212MB installed BTW).

Not out for Australia yet?

TheSouthernSky 26 March, 2014 @ 3:07 am   33

@Kevling Its going to be about 600mb on all PS consoles.

Can’t wait for the store to update! A definite buy for my Vita :D

salvogdaze 26 March, 2014 @ 5:57 am   34

Waited for a Vita release since I first saw the game and it actually happened. Just finished Steamworld Dig and can move on to this as soon as the store updates (and work is over)!
By the way, I should say I really appreciate the launch Plus discounts. Nice little incentive for early buyers.

Is it STILL not out on UK or AU PSN yet?

THE_FORCE 26 March, 2014 @ 10:07 am   36

@Kevling – I reckon about 16K should suffice.

salvogdaze 26 March, 2014 @ 10:51 am   37

@Klue I think the store will be updated in a few hours.

Serpantino 26 March, 2014 @ 11:22 am   38

Amazing little game. I own it on PC and Xbox 360 already but I’ll triple dip for a chance to play it on my vita. As for Fish…. He was always a big fan of Andy Kaufman and used his image as his avatar regularly… Kaufmen was a comedian who excelled in trolling and maybe it’s all been one big joke, or maybe not. Fish seemed to have issues on indie game the movie but the game is a work of art, and I hope it hasn’t destroyed him because he could be a great developer..

Scuffy_P 26 March, 2014 @ 11:49 am   39

£10 says this is the ONLY game released for the PS4 this week. Kinda getting sick of the 12-24 month old PS3 games being released right now simply because there’s literally nothing else. And Fez is really a 360 game too (PS3 port).

Say what you want about the XBO, but it has twice as many game released for it.

CreepyNeighbour 26 March, 2014 @ 1:35 pm   40

Here’s my problem Vita or PS4????

CreepyNeighbour 26 March, 2014 @ 1:38 pm   41

@THE_FORCE no it wasn’t watch the movie indie game

CreepyNeighbour 26 March, 2014 @ 1:39 pm   42

Ooops just read that it’s cross buy happy days!!!!

salvogdaze 26 March, 2014 @ 1:40 pm   43

@CreepyNeighbour Both, because it’s cross-buy.

@Scruffy_P
You think so? Ever tried actually counting them …

If there is more you *want* on the X1 then maybe you bought the wrong machine?

elCapitan_PL 26 March, 2014 @ 7:09 pm   45

I’ve heard a lot about FEZ. Love the design. News after news you’ve convinced me to buy this game. It is March 26th 8pm – there is no FEZ at PSStore. Do you want me to wait till midnignt with swety hands? Hmm.. It is a little unfair.

Is it up on the UK store yet? Still no for AU.

Anesthetize666 26 March, 2014 @ 9:52 pm   47

Why is it still not out on the UK store?

Anesthetize666 26 March, 2014 @ 9:53 pm   48

Why is it still not up on the UK store?