Posted 11:00am

Air Conflicts: Vietnam swoops onto PlayStation 4 soon

New and approved version adds a host of new features to the dogfight sim

Air Conflicts: Vietnam Ultimate Edition, coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 in Spring 2014, is taking air combat to the next level. We have worked hard on the original product and we’re thrilled to have the opportunity, not only to bring something to a current gen console, but also to incorporate community feedback and reconstruct Air Conflicts: Vietnam accordingly.

We were always very sorry for not being able to allow the player to fly for North Vietnam, so now we are giving the player chance to do just that! But the Ultimate Edition is far beyond a simple port to PlayStation 4. We’ve carefully listened to the players, read and analyzed the critical reviews. Based on your feedback we added plenty of major improvements to the gameplay and content.

ACV_UltimateEdition_01

To be more specific – we added a new simulation mode, reworked control schemes, gameplay dynamics, improved the gameplay balance and further differentiate various airplanes, improved HUD, increased the size of the maps, added new content and fixed a lot of the reported issues and problems – all this happened to improve your Air Conflicts: Vietnam gameplay experience.

Furthermore, we implemented some unique PlayStation 4 features: Headtracking – to control the camera in the cockpits, the controller lightbar and the speaker function. We also implemented Facebook and an additional multiplayer mode only available on PlayStation 4.

ACV_UltimateEdition_02 ACV_UltimateEdition_03

ACV_UltimateEdition_05

And finally – we added a fresh new campaign – the “Lost Letters” mission that allows the player to fly as Vietnamese legendary ace pilot Nguyen An Toon in famous events from the war, such as Flight of the Tiger, the last known activity of US forces in Vietnam.

We believe that the new Air Conflicts: Vietnam Ultimate Edition delivers a balanced and improved gameplay experience for all players. We developed the Air Conflicts series to bring you often forgotten tales of war history and putting aerial combat more into historical context. Air Conflicts series started with Secret Wars, portraying the events around the resistance movement of the Second World War in European Battlefield. Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers followed shortly after and brought the aerial combat into Pacific, right into the relentless war with Japan. Air Conflicts: Vietnam is the last addition to the series and the first addition leaving the World War theme.

For more information about Air Conflicts: Vietnam visit our homepage: www.airconflicts.net

ACV_UltimateEdition_07

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

18 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

CodeSe7en 28 March, 2014 @ 11:17 am   1

I want this game ASAP!

piu piu!

I love Aircrafts games, looking forward for more info

Not the biggest fan of aircraft games generally but I’m definitely interested, hopefully there will be a trial/demo.

Also this game would be crying out for a project morpheus update down the line! :D

Daniel Krauß 28 March, 2014 @ 1:10 pm

Whatever feedback you guys can provide is much appreciated!

We’re thrilled over the positive responses! Keep ‘em coming ;)

Q1. What resolution and framrate does the game run at?
Q2. How many planes are in the game?
Q3.How many players can dogfight in multiplayer?
Q4.Price and release date?
Q5.Discount for ps+?
Q6. Will you be selling d lc?

Thankyou for your time.

Daniel Krauß 28 March, 2014 @ 3:17 pm

Glad you asked! ;)

A1: The game will be played in Full-HD. Since we’re still in the process of polishing the game and making adjustments, the final framerate is yet to be determined
    A2: There are 23 unique airplanes in game
    A3: It will be possible to play with up to 8 other players
    A4: The game will be available for 49.99€
    A5: Discounts have not been negotiated, yet. It’s too early in the process
    A6: We cannot make a statement on possible Air Conflict series additions at this point. Stay tuned and you’ll be the first to know ;)

Robinworldwide 28 March, 2014 @ 2:06 pm   6

I never played a game like this, but it sure looks good. I’ll be keeping it on my radar. Would be nice if some of the questions of the poster above me could be answered as well! :)

I have liked playing War Thunder on PS4, but their main screen is so cluttered and hard to navigate. How long would it take to fly a jet from one edge of the map to another? Customizable planes? Decals?

Any voice commands or Special Accessories for flying?

Daniel Krauß 28 March, 2014 @ 3:56 pm

Crossing an entire map is dependent on your speed, the aircraft you have chosen and the map itself. It can take a couple of minutes to fly from one edge to the opposite side of a map.

At this moment, the planes will not be customizable, since we are trying to enforce a certain historical accuracy.
    But who knows? If the community demands, we might deliver ;)

MaxDiehard 28 March, 2014 @ 3:34 pm   8

You mention that you’re implementing head tracking. Could you consider adding voice commands too?

RD_Rabin 28 March, 2014 @ 3:50 pm   9

How good is the head tracking. I built my own head tracker to play FSX and IL-2 games in the past because a decent sim -needs- head tracking.

Also, will we get flightstick support on the PS4?

Voodoo341 28 March, 2014 @ 4:49 pm   10

Why can’t you put a video in the blog post? Automatically makes me think actual game play looks ropey so you’ll only stick up a few polished screen grabs.

ArmedOne78 28 March, 2014 @ 4:51 pm   11

Is this coming to the US? I hope so! I would buy for sure.

Daniel Krauß 31 March, 2014 @ 9:53 am

Yes, Air Conflicts: Vietnam is also going to be released in the US

Wired_Gantz 28 March, 2014 @ 4:56 pm   12

The new features and improvements sound very exciting.

Thanks to all the team behind this game.

nzBrowncoat 28 March, 2014 @ 6:06 pm   13

Stoked to hear they have made a proper ‘Sim’ mode….. Flight Sim + PS4 = Happy.

nulenvoid 28 March, 2014 @ 9:39 pm   14

Looks great, will be keeping my eye on this for sure

GinCalls 28 March, 2014 @ 9:46 pm   15

I’m excited about this game. I will be definitely in cockpit when it released

@daniel krauß

Thanks for answering my questions . Im looking forward to seeing more of air conflits Vietnam,definitely on my gaming radar.

infernalmonkey1 29 March, 2014 @ 2:33 am   17

Always nice to see some actual retail releases for PS4. They’re such a rare thing!

I was kind of interested as i initialy thought this would be a digital cheap game and i like air/space combat (something that is lacking in consoles) but then i saw that answer “A4: The game will be available for 49.99€” and ehhhhh, no.
I know that you guys added content and fixed the game but the price is a little high for my wallet and before someone call me cheap (well, i am) im just comparing with the price on steam (30€) and i thought it would be kind of like Strike Suit Zero, around the 20€ price mark.

Oh well, if it get good reviews (the pc metacritic score is scary) and a discount in the future i’ll check it out.