Posted 12:01pm

PlayStation Store deal of the week: WWE 2K14

Wrestle a huge saving off 2K’s acclaimed PS3 grappler

Hi everyone! Have you ever fancied stepping into the WWE ring? Well, now’s your chance as PlayStation Store delivers a big saving on WWE 2K14.

Boasting a roster full of some of the greatest wrestlers of all time including The Rock, The Undertaker and Triple H and not to mention Hulk Hogan via the 30 years of Wrestlemania mode, now is the perfect time to step into the ring and recreate some classic matches or battle it out to become the WWE champion of the world.

Pick up this great deal when PlayStation Store updates this afternoon!

WWE 2K14
Was €59.99/AU$89.95/£39.99, now €19.99/AU$24.95/£19.99

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

48 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
odyhunter 2 April, 2014 @ 12:04 pm   1

dragon’s crown, dragon’s crown, dragon’s crown…

ReZonanZ_44 3 April, 2014 @ 5:01 pm

I 100% agree with the post above!So many people are asking for a dragon’s crown discount and we get wwe14 again,which was discounted on January sales if I am not mistakes. In the previous sales the discounted price was 15 euros which is 25% lower than this “sale” which is also the only sale of the week!!very very disaponting…
    Dragon’s crown has been discounted in the US a month ago, so I believe it can be done here too!
    Just for reference the price with the discount was 17.49 us dollars which is 12.76 euros…

blackout_pt 4 April, 2014 @ 12:02 pm

Once again SCEE shows that they don’t give (CENSORED) about customers. The last 2 weeks people asked for RPG and nice vita games, and we get a game of the worst sport ever practice, which is the biggest crap ever coming from the USA – Wrestling. Nicely played Chris.

Some more PS4/PS Vita DotWs would be appreciated but this is a decent price for WWE 2K14, haven’t seen it much cheaper in shops

So it goes from:
€59.99/£39.99 to
€19.99/£19.99..

How is that correct? There’s a difference in price originally, yet now they’re price matched. 66% off in Euro’s, 50% off in GBP.

fmykdisbad 2 April, 2014 @ 12:06 pm   4

thanks for this pretty good deal of the week :) (at only 20eur!)

fmykdisbad 2 April, 2014 @ 12:07 pm   5

@nokkon you didnt complain when UK saved 10 euros on last of us because it was 10 euros cheaper in UK…..

Ah, checking the site it said it was £49.99, not £39.99 as written on the blog. Which makes more sense :).

LordRastan 2 April, 2014 @ 12:07 pm   7

Hi everyone!

It’s not fair to call it “playstation store deal of the week”… when it would be more properly “ps3 deal of the week”

We vita users miss a deal or two…

Anyway, this month’s IGC are superb!!!

so keep on with the good work (just remember vita users once in a while ;-) )

Grimmy11 2 April, 2014 @ 12:07 pm   8

Good timing with it being Wrestlemania on sunday although I got this on a psn sale before christmas for about £15 I think?

fmykdisbad 2 April, 2014 @ 12:07 pm   9

btw: its only a typo it seems because store says:

Was 59,99 € / 49,99 £
Now 19,99 € / 15,99 £

You’re right @fmykdisbad, I didn’t, that’s because I bought that one when it was £39.99 in the stores, so I didn’t save anything :P.

fmykdisbad 2 April, 2014 @ 12:08 pm   11

@LordRastan even the ps4 sold more units in only a few months than the vita. The vita is dead your crying didnt help.

fmykdisbad 2 April, 2014 @ 12:10 pm   12

discount and free plus games are already up btw.

Dark-Twisted 2 April, 2014 @ 12:10 pm   13

Hey Chris, hope you see this comment.

Just want to give thanks for the great PS+ games this month that I’ve just started downloading now. I loved Sly on PS2 and always planned to eventually get the fourth game and now I have it. I never planned on buying Hotline Miami but I’m glad to try it out. I’m also looking forward to breezing through MotoGP, I really liked it back on the PSP.

I think when you’re in a position selling product and service you’ll deal with the worst and most ungrateful people- introduce the internet and the problem is a lot worse. Sometimes I even have to remind myself I probably sound like a grumpy jerk to the person reading the comment, so just wanted you + the team to know I appreciate the effort.

Recommendations, yeah there had to be one. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita for PS+ is probably the title I really want the most at the moment and I can’t bring myself to buy it because every other LBP game has been on the service eventually. But I really want to play it, so maybe that can be arranged?… :D

Cheers anyway.

theo_andravida 2 April, 2014 @ 12:11 pm   14

Wow , again no love for vita!Thats a surprise , again!

Alphaembryo 2 April, 2014 @ 12:17 pm   15

Uninteresting game and price.
1/5 stars

Thats a nice deal but it was better in christamas :D

Chris any plans for Splinter Cell Blacklist? and any spring deals? i have my money ready (>.<)

I3loodthirsty 2 April, 2014 @ 12:22 pm   17

Hey chris a quick suggestion instead of calling it “playstation” deal of the week could you not be more specific with the post name as calling it “playstation” deal of the week is a tiny bit misleading when the deal is only for ps3 and nothing for ps4 and vita, calling it “playstation 3″ when the offer is only for ps3 is more too the point.

sorry if it sounds like moaning lol it isn’t, its more constructive criticism :D

as always keep up the good work :D

WinnerXXI 2 April, 2014 @ 12:22 pm   18

Ps4 deals would be Great!

LordRastan 2 April, 2014 @ 12:23 pm   19

mykdisbad 2 April, 2014 @ 12:08 pm

Sorry, but I don’t share your point of view, there is a clear lack of support from third parties, regarding mostly to AAA games, but I’ve been playing with my vita since I bought it (last september) and almost every week I found new games to my wish list.

This is a marathon, not an sprint, I hope in the next two years vita will hold its ground and show it’s true potential.

Meanwhile, there is more than enough games for me to cover next months…

bigmat319 2 April, 2014 @ 12:24 pm   20

That sucks, A month and a half ago it was $40 and now it’s $25. Oh well, it is a fantastic game and if your a fan of WWE, then you have to pick it up for that price.

@Dark-Twisted I don’t think buttering the team up will make them more likely to go with your requests for future IGC games lol but nice try

Voodoo341 2 April, 2014 @ 12:26 pm   22

Again nothing for the PS4! It really gets second rate support.

@fmykdisbad
Stop spreading lies and talking trash about my favorite PlayStation console. Destiny of Spirits=game of the week!

I3loodthirsty 2 April, 2014 @ 12:30 pm   24

Fyi, mercenary kings is up on the ps4 store (uk) use the search too find it.its 328.2mb

fmykdisbad 2 April, 2014 @ 12:32 pm   25

Sony needs to CANCEL the vita , its only for a very small market, now if Sony can bring a new handheld that can play all my favorite ps2 and ps3 games we are talking. I mean come on who are you kidding, the vita cannot even emulate ps2 games because it has no power.

The sooner sony accepts the failing of the vita, there is a market for a better sony handheld like the PSP which had great games like peace walker hd.

So only 1 game and they still manage to type the wrong price. Trying to improve, right?

TimeSkipLuffyUS 2 April, 2014 @ 12:38 pm   27

PS4 deal please ^^!

MightyKombat 2 April, 2014 @ 12:41 pm   28

Can we expect Jojo All Star Battle on Store pre-order some time soon?

Faustofausto 2 April, 2014 @ 1:01 pm   29

That’s all for this week? Any new deal?

vZEBERDEEv 2 April, 2014 @ 1:03 pm   30

Nothing for PS4 then no. So we spend a shed load of money on a system an get no deals! Brilliant. Are you Microsoft in disguise.?

superpatchy66 2 April, 2014 @ 1:10 pm   31

Yet another PS3 Deal of the Week. No Vita love again.

Why not have a deal for both platform types? One deal for the fixed location platforms, and another for the portable platforms.
A deal on Vita memory cards would be welcome.

X_Weapon 2 April, 2014 @ 1:12 pm   32

OMG The pricing is awesome O_O

You always do something like 19£/24-29€. SCEE keep doing so.

And for award you (and me hahaha) I’ll buy Dishonored from the last sale you did

WarWeeny 2 April, 2014 @ 1:18 pm   33

still waiting for dragon’s crown vita sale and killzone mercenary.
Maybe a sale for Disgaea 2 would be nice as well.

d’is never happens tho ;_;

CShasuki 2 April, 2014 @ 1:39 pm   34

Any new sales or price drops this week?

UK_Rocklance 2 April, 2014 @ 1:41 pm   35

Oh great, another so called ‘Deal of the Week’. What’s so special about this deal? US PSN store has this game on sale this week too, along with probably 50 other games, and their WWE 2K14 is cheaper. They have the DLCs on sale too. And they didn’t have to highlight this game.

Again I have to say the same thing every week… For a game to be singled out as “deal of the week”, it should stand out from the rest of the regular weekly deals, instead of rehashing the same deal from the past with no further price reduction despite the game having aged. There needs to be some ground rules set when it comes to a “deal of the week” — at least certain % of discount, a promise that the game will not be in IGC for 6 months, must be a top-10 weekly best seller in the past 6 month, offering it only over the weekend etc.

As it is, would it be any different if another game (perhaps from the Blockbusters 2) is called the “deal of the week”? I am sure it makes a difference to Sony (they must have certain agreement with the publishers for putting on the spotlight) but to us, the “deal of the week” totally LACKS IDENTITY.

Dark-Twisted 2 April, 2014 @ 1:50 pm   36

@JezPSN I’m not buttering up anyone. I just feel genuinely bad after reading the comments on the PS+ post, I’ve never seen such negativity before to free games. That used to be unheard of, hell on Xbox the situation is totally dire but they get something now, at least. But the people on that post act if they’ve been robbed blind. I’m sure a lot of work goes into securing those deals and trying to make people happy, while still operating in the grounds of realism.

Stonesthrow 2 April, 2014 @ 1:54 pm   37

Might have gotten NBA 2K14 but I just got Thief so I’m good.

LordRastan 2 April, 2014 @ 2:59 pm   38

@fmykdisbad

It’s not a good idea to feed the trolls, but….

yes, you are right…

6 games out of 20 on Japan’s top twenty, one of them on first position.

and this week selling more units than ps3 and ps4 both combined…. yeah… it’s really dead, I could even see the worms feeding on its corpse…

in my country we use to say…

“pa ti la perra gorda”

regards!

01./00. [PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (Sega)
09./05. [PSV] J-Stars Victory Vs #
10./00. [PSV] Hakuoki SSL: Sweet School Life #
11./00. [PSV] Samurai Warriors 4 # (Koei Tecmo)
19./00. [PSV] Winning Post 8 # (Koei Tecmo)
20./00. [PSV] Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of the Land of Twilight

|System|this week | last week.| year before. | year | last year | Totales |
| PSV # | 41.867 | 37.128 | 31.795 | 399.908 | 336.059 | 2.755.265 |
| PS4 | 23.327 | 30.201 | | 493.338 | | 493.338 |
| PS3 | 17.154 | 15.455 | 19.069 | 198.076 | 303.914 | 9.907.750 |

@fmykdisbad Seriously dude you need to keep quiet nothing you say holds any water. You obviously have some kind of personal issue with the Vita but thats your problem not ours! So stop spreading you poison to the guys that rightfully love there Vitas. I brought my Vita on launch day, i play it very often and i don’t regret the purchase one bit! Oh and do you really think the Vita can’t emulate PS2 games? As it is it can’t but i’m sure if the guys behind the scenes wanted to they could do it, the same way they did with minis and ps1 games but tbh i don’t much care for old PS2 games. Maybe you should get yourself a PS2 oh and while you are at it a gag.

aarya188 2 April, 2014 @ 3:55 pm   40

@fmykdisbad

Did ur mama feed you today?? :D
Because if she didn’t, this is not the right place to cry

solarwind12 2 April, 2014 @ 4:52 pm   41

The vita is a good handheld, but it was marketed as a console in your pocket, i do not see. it as such, so if it is as good as the fanboys claim, why the false advertisements? oh, day1 buyer, so reckon i deserve a say. though the promised remote play influenced my buy, lol… as for japan, small part of market, their kind of games a tiny part of it, so above figures mean little, am sure everyone has a saying from their country, lol..

solarwind12 2 April, 2014 @ 4:54 pm   42

The mods are back, awaiting mod for no good reason, again… getting really fed up woth this bs now

solarwind12 2 April, 2014 @ 4:56 pm   43

how much longer until my comment is allowed, or not as i want to know when to begin a rewrite, if i have to?

solarwind12 2 April, 2014 @ 4:57 pm   44

japan is a small part of market, their kind of games a tiny one?

solarwind12 2 April, 2014 @ 5:24 pm   45

on topic, this deal is worst than the sale price from 3 months ago, also do most of the posters who ask for stuff just pop here now and again?, SC for example was up for under £20 in Jan, though i am referring to those people who always ask for stuff we have had in igc, usually a few weeks after it was on a sale, i personally hope ps4 does Not follow ps3 in igc content, i loved buying games, once. igc stopped me from doing this, so stick with indies or in house stuff developed and announced Before we buy it retail.

blackout_pt 4 April, 2014 @ 12:04 pm   46

@Chris What part of “We want an RPG for deal of the week” and “We want vita game for deal of the week” You didn’t get?