Posted 6:00pm

PlayStation Store charts, March: inFAMOUS Second Son powers to #1

Find out what the big sellers were on PlayStation Store over the last month

If you couldn’t find a new release in March to suit your gaming tastes, frankly you were doing it wrong. There was truly something for everyone, from AAA blockbusters like inFAMOUS Second Son, Dark Souls II and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, to acclaimed indies like FEZ, Steamworld Dig and Luftrausers, to classic HD remakes such as Final Fantasy X/X-2.

Take a look at the full charts below – and note that we’re now listing the full top 20s for PS4 and PS Vita.

PS3:

1. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (1)
  2. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (New)
  3. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (New)
  4. Dark Souls II (New)
  5. FIFA 14 (Re-entry)
  6. South Park: The Stick of Truth (New)
  7. F1 2013 (19)
  8. Crysis 3 (RE)
  9. Dead Space 3 (RE)
  10. Rain (RE)
  11. Tokyo Jungle (RE)
  12. Battlefield 4 (RE)
  13. Max Payne 3 (RE)
  14. Grand Theft Auto IV (RE)
  15. Battlefield 3 (RE)
  16. Grand Theft Auto V (16)
  17. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (RE)
  18. I Am Alive (RE)
  19. One Piece: Pirate Warriors (RE)
  20. Oddworld: Abeboxx (RE)

PS4:

1. inFAMOUS Second Son (New)
  2. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (New)
  3. Call of Duty: Ghosts (1)
  4. Thief (New)
  5. Battlefield 4 (2)
  6. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (3)
  7. Awesomenauts Assemble! (New)
  8. FEZ (New)
  9. SteamWorld Dig (New)
  10. Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (4)
  11. FIFA 14 (6)
  12. Outlast
  13. Assassin’s Creed Freedom Cry (7)
  14. Rayman Legends (10)
  15. NBA 2K14 (8)
  16. Strider (5)
  17. Need for Speed Rivals
  18. Trine 2: Complete Story
  19. TowerFall Ascension (New)
  20. Resogun

PS Vita:

1. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (New)
  2. Angry Birds Trilogy (RE)
  3. FEZ (New)
  4. Luftrausers (New)
  5. Worms Revolution Extreme (RE)
  6. SteamWorld Dig (New)
  7. LIMBO (RE)
  8. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f (New)
  9. Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (RE)
  10. Age Of Zombies (RE)
  11. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (RE)
  12. Fruit Ninja
  13. FIFA 14
  14. Terraria (6)
  15. Jetpack Joyride
  16. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
  17. TxK (3)
  18. Toukiden: The Age of Demons (10)
  19. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (2)
  20. Total Recoil

PS one and PS2 Classics:

1. Tomb Raider (RE)
  2. Tomb Raider II (RE)
  3. Crash Bandicoot (3)
  4. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (9)
  5. Tomb Raider III (RE)
  6. Oddworld: Abeboxx (RE)
  7. Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped (6)
  8. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (7)
  9. Canis Canem Edit (RE)
  10. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (RE)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

25 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
jorispelgrom 8 April, 2014 @ 6:04 pm   1

How is it possible that Angry Birds Trilogy is in the top 20 for the Vita, let alone being number one?!

Beaker1986 8 April, 2014 @ 6:09 pm

I’ve got to admit, seeing that has made me a little bit sad.

I know. Was not expecting that.

How in sweet Nyte didn’t FFX/2 not chart for the Vita but angry birds topped?!!

mad8vad 8 April, 2014 @ 6:25 pm

80% discount

superpatchy66 8 April, 2014 @ 6:38 pm

It was £35. The price got ridiculed, then it was substantially reduced to £31 quid (ish), and now it’s about £3.50.
    That’s a 90% reduction, and a 100% mistake on the original price.

AlexAtkinUK 8 April, 2014 @ 7:42 pm

£3.99 (£3.19 with plus)

Rhasget 9 April, 2014 @ 10:05 am

Because it was on massive sale recently. Was something like 90% off. I know I bought it.

ninenullseven 10 April, 2014 @ 7:39 am

Vita players are that desperate, I guess. It’s that awesome game but on 5 inch OLED screen. And for example my iPhone is kinda small. Like really small. And still I will not buy it anyway. Though it’s definitely not a good news for Vita. People have nothing to buy…
    And PS4 isn’t holding well either – whole listing is made from old titles that was release everyone else and is dead cheap now. People have nothing else to buy on PS4 too.

Jeez, Sony, get you s**t together, you are ruining great piece of hardware by lack of content for godd**n second time!

No FFX/2 on Vita? Angry birds too on Vita? For shame for shame.

Fred Dutton 9 April, 2014 @ 10:27 am

So, there was indeed an error in the original data report for PS Vita sales, and I’m happy to confirm FFX was the best-selling title on PS Vita.

Our apologies for the oversight – I’m updating the post now.

While downloading the PS4 Plus games I needed to restart some of them multiple times. My internet connection sometimes stops resulting in a broken file (unlike on the PS3 where it’ll continue if nothing happens.
It’s beyond me why this function isn’t in the newer but clearly inferior system (feature wise). So until that I’ll never download anything as big as a large game like Infamous.
I eventually ordered the game online and waited 2 days to arrive, great game.

MaxDiehard 8 April, 2014 @ 6:20 pm

This is why I always go physical if I can.

AlexAtkinUK 8 April, 2014 @ 7:44 pm

It is a flaw with the PS4 OS that is true, but its also clearly your Internet that is faulty too as downloads shouldn’t fail like that.

@MaxDiehard Wise words. So do I but I really wanted to play it and I’m disabled so it’s hard for me to get to a shop and ordering online take a few days and I really wanted to play the game.
    @AlexAtkinUK True, the problem is in my router. There are days nothing goes wrong and days it needs to be reset 2 times a day. My house is for sale and when I move I’ll have a new provider. But in the end, hiccups happen and PS3 handled it great. No reason for PS4 to go back to zero.

European_Gamer 8 April, 2014 @ 6:22 pm   4

InFamous: Second Son Legacy Edition was the only game I bought in March.

Voodoo341 8 April, 2014 @ 6:33 pm   5

That PS4 top twenty is depressing. No originality or games that actually sell the PS4 as a cutting edge gaming console.

maximalcheetor 8 April, 2014 @ 6:38 pm   6

The US blog details the top selling PlayStation Mobile titles as well. Is there any possibility that we could get to see this information as well? It seems to be another case of PSM being neglected and forgotten. It’s even more disappointing considering the news from Japan today about PSM’s continued expansion into more EU territories.

Vashetti 8 April, 2014 @ 7:03 pm   7

I don’t believe that FFX/X-2 failed to chart on Vita. Perhaps I’m deluded but many, many Vita fans seemed hyped for it.

I think your data is wrong.

DoYouLikeMyID 8 April, 2014 @ 7:20 pm

I’m with you. A quick look on Amazon tells me FFX/X-2 is currently the best selling Vita game there is. I don’t believe FFX/X-2 can be the best selling retail game for the Vita, and yet not even be in the top 20 digital games for Vita…

It just doesn’t make sense… o.O

dark_angel69 8 April, 2014 @ 8:03 pm

Maybe most fans went retail instead of download. After all FFX-2 is downloaded only isn’t it? And if I’m correct, many wouldn’t want to download two games as they wouldn’t have enough space. Perhaps that download doesn’t count as bought from PSN store.

KoreRupt 8 April, 2014 @ 9:20 pm

I bought it retail, first ever! vita title for me from retail.. lol

nzBrowncoat 9 April, 2014 @ 4:56 am   8

Some price love for the NZ PSN would be great. Infamous is $110 here. That, like all the NZ PSN games are crazy expensive for a digital copy of a game.

Waikato_Pete 9 April, 2014 @ 6:14 am

I’m hearing ya mate, I got mine for $79 from the warehouse on release day.
    You’d think the digital version would be the cheapest (no blu ray, case, shipping etc).

solarwind12 9 April, 2014 @ 10:22 am   9

Seeing Limbo RE on vita, can i ask is that cross buy?, ok, little confusing buy, i got Limbo off IGC about Dec12, according to trophy list, i got surprisingly the vita version free when it released, but now my ps3 vers is not full game, the 6kb unlock is no longer in download list, hears a few people had similar problem when TR Underworld went into a sale, i know for fact it Was there, as there are two unlocked trophies in list (ps3), the vita vers is still there but i did want to play on tv, any others with similar issues?.

Vashetti 9 April, 2014 @ 3:40 pm   10

Thanks for the update re: FFX/X-2 on Vita, Fred.

Now get on to Square Enix to make Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System HD Remaster for PS3/PS4 and PS Vita please :D