Posted 10 April

inFAMOUS Second Son powers to 1 million+ sales

The PS4 superhero epic takes just nine days to rack up seven-figure sales

Just a few short weeks ago we officially released inFAMOUS Second Son, the power-filled adventure from Sucker Punch Productions exclusively for the PlayStation 4 system.

Immediately following the title’s announcement over a year ago, it was clear so many of you were eagerly anticipating Second Son’s release, the next installment to the inFAMOUS franchise. It was great to see such a warm reception for the title when it finally hit store shelves last month, and for all of us here at PlayStation and the team at Sucker Punch, it’s been really rewarding to share this launch with all of you. It’s exciting to see so many passionate inFAMOUS fans share their gameplay moments across social media sites, including some spectacular screenshots on Twitter and live streams on Twitch.

So it comes with great excitement to learn that within the first nine days of launch, global sales of inFAMOUS Second Son exceeded 1 million units*, making Second Son the fastest selling inFAMOUS title to date!

A huge congratulations goes out to the team over at Sucker Punch for creating such a wonderful game, a true testament to their passion as developers and commitment to their fans, and a great big thank you to all of you who picked up the game and have shown us how you enjoy your powers.

There is still more Second Son to come. If you’ve finished both playthroughs and are still looking for more ways to play, we encourage you to check out inFAMOUS Paper Trail, the free bonus content that continues to expand on the Second Son universe. This six week episodic storyline introduces additional in-game missions that will unravel the mysteries behind the D.U.P. Again, it’s absolutely free for everyone who has a copy of inFAMOUS Second Son and a PSN account. Part Four releases at the end of the week.

Enjoy (your power)!

*Includes both Blu-ray Disc sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation Store as of 29th March, 2014.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

18 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

link1983 10 April, 2014 @ 2:10 pm   1

I am waiting for all 6 parts of the paper trail now. I have done parts 1 and 2 but I am getting annoyed with the waiting. :( I bought the Legendary edition for the Cole’ Legacy DLC and I have to say thank you for putting the Paper trail out there for free. It more than makes up for the really disappointing DLC. :( I expected more than a handful of poor missions set in Seattle.

cats_power 10 April, 2014 @ 2:12 pm   2

1 of 7 PS4 owners got it. Well done.

Sarajevo89 10 April, 2014 @ 2:13 pm   3

It’s way too expensive for something I can platinum in one week.I loved I2 but I also got it for free.So I’ll at least wait until it’s half the current price.

MaxDiehard 10 April, 2014 @ 4:34 pm

So you’re rating the game based on how quickly you can Platinum it? I managed in the weekend of release, doesn’t mean I stop playing it though.

Well deserved sales. Really enjoyed all PS3 inFAMOUS games, will definitely get this one too once I get PS4.

exCELLENT :P

chrisboers 10 April, 2014 @ 2:21 pm   6

I only started this game two days ago, and am pretty much enjoying it so far. My main gripe: the constant ‘don’t do drugs’ messages on screen. Is there any way to get rid of those?
Also, apparently drugs are bad, but graffiti is good?
(oh, and BOY that Delsin is annoying. Rivalling black haired Dante!)

That aside, the game is great fun to play!

Deadeyye 10 April, 2014 @ 3:19 pm

Fun fact – Seattle is placed in state Washington, which for now is only state in USA that has completly legilized marihuana. You don’t even need to pretend it’s medical. So this text is even more funny considering that in Seattle, you can do drugs.

That isn’t correct Deadeyye, Colorado has the same stance on Cannabis.

Wired_Gantz 11 April, 2014 @ 8:53 pm

Are you really comparing drugs with graffiti? :|

ShovelFighter_89 10 April, 2014 @ 2:24 pm   7

the big PS4 update we’re supposedly getting this month?

I3loodthirsty 10 April, 2014 @ 2:48 pm   8

Nice, I really enjoyed the game but my only gripe with it is that it felt shorter than the past infamous games.

Envirasu 10 April, 2014 @ 3:17 pm   9

Loved it. I think I preferred the more comical charm of the PS3 titles, but Second Son is also an excellent game. Certainly deserves the reception it got.

Witcher70 10 April, 2014 @ 5:13 pm   10

Just started Second Son and I must say its bloody AWESOME. Roll on inFAMOUS 3 :p

Voodoo341 10 April, 2014 @ 6:52 pm   11

Sorry but I found it to be at best average. Looks good but didn’t really add anything new to the Infamous franchise considering it was on a next generation console. Bland characters, samey missions and underwhelming super powers and a game that was all over too quick. For anyone thinking of giving it a go wait until it’s less than £30.

Finka_Karfein 10 April, 2014 @ 11:56 pm   12

To think SEGA is losing a golden opportunity to promote Yakuza series releasing Ishin for PS4 – my money’s still waiting. inFamous does it a lot better. I just wonder if we get eventually to use the paper element :)

darksidersguy123 12 April, 2014 @ 3:25 am   13

I have really liked the game I through it was awesome and I have all ready beaten inFAMOUS Second son it took me two weeks to beat it. But all N all I did like the game it was awesome! I hope sony makes another one like that! :)