Posted 14 April

Dead Nation arrives on PS Vita this week

Climax Studios brings top-down zombie epic to PS Vita

Back at E3 2013, the PS Vita version of Dead Nation was announced, and today I’m pleased to confirm that the game will be launching on 16th April. So you will finally be able to carry the zombie apocalypse in your pocket.

For those of you who still aren’t in the know after the launch of the PS4 game last month, Dead Nation is a top-down shoot ‘em up style game, set in an apocalyptic zombie infested world. This PSN classic was originally developed by the talented HouseMarque, also known for RESOGUN and Super Stardust.

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

Like the PS4 version of the game, the PS Vita version has been developed by our friends at Climax Studios, and they have faithfully recreated the same classic experience of the original PS3 game. Journey through the campaign as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake, or replay your favourite levels and compete for top scores in the single mission mode. Prefer not to experience the apocalypse alone? Well, you and a friend can play the game in both online or ad-hoc co-op. Make sure you upload your stats whenever possible, to support your country in the global standings.

Dead Nation will cost €7.99, and the Road of Devastation DLC can be purchased separately for €3.99, or for the complete experience, at the best price, you can pick up the bundle for €9.99. Anyone who has previously purchased the PS3 game or Road of Devastation, will be entitled to the PS Vita versions at no extra cost, thanks to cross-buy.

DN_003

Dead Nation feels right at home on the PS Vita, and everyone who has seen it so far, has really enjoyed it. I can’t wait to hear what all of you think once you get your hands on it.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

51 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Ishan_The_King 14 April, 2014 @ 4:33 pm   1

I wish I was little better at this game than I am, played on both PS3 & PS4 but man is this game really tough.

blade1003605 14 April, 2014 @ 4:37 pm   2

Hell yeah!

lumoplusjess 14 April, 2014 @ 4:39 pm   3

Is this cross buy with ps4 version?

Also can you post UK prices in addition to EU prices

Roscoe182 14 April, 2014 @ 4:43 pm   4

glad i got this game from the welcome back pack when the networks went down now il get the vita version as well.

ramirez19Polska 14 April, 2014 @ 4:43 pm   5

Owners who bought Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition on PS4, not receive game for free on PS Vita?

man_utd_xl 14 April, 2014 @ 5:01 pm

Since they’re different games it unfortunately doesn’t support cross-buy with the PS4 version

turbogeek421 14 April, 2014 @ 4:47 pm   6

Dear Playstation, you are so good to us! All the cross-buy titles, all the Playstation Plus… Keep this up and I’ll be a happy gamer for life!

smallgaffer 14 April, 2014 @ 4:49 pm   7

Any cross-save at all?

whiteylfc 14 April, 2014 @ 4:50 pm   8

Good news! Hopefully along with the next PS4 firmware update – it’s been a while since the reveal.

kid_Jump94 14 April, 2014 @ 4:54 pm   9

thats so soon, and so awesome! ^-^

Vashetti 14 April, 2014 @ 4:54 pm   10

Could my friend play on the PS4 and I play with them at the same time on the Vita?

If not, could you patch this feature in. I love local co-op.

dark_angel69 14 April, 2014 @ 4:55 pm   11

PS Vita is getting plenty of love with news today! Love it! Wonder what else will get announced for the rest of the week

Who care anyway ? I’m sick of this ports. Give us some real games dammit

Analog76 15 April, 2014 @ 10:14 am

Oreshika, SS Delta and Freedom Wars just announced.

supersmith2500 16 April, 2014 @ 12:14 am

@CQC93 @Analog76:
    And we had exclusive games along the way as well like Sorcery Saga, Ys Memories of Celceta, Invizimals The Alliance, Toukiden and even TriggerHappy Havoc: DanganRonpa.

man_utd_xl 14 April, 2014 @ 5:05 pm   13

This has made my week, went on a little buying spree of games after getting some spare money and i’m looking forward to this more than playing any of them

DoYouLikeMyID 14 April, 2014 @ 5:27 pm   14

Dammit! I own the game on a different account than the one I use on my Vita… -_-

So what happens if you only bought Road of Devastation ? Do you still get the game ?

Stonesthrow 14 April, 2014 @ 5:46 pm   16

I love this game but honestly have never been able to enjoy it in co op since it always disconnects me from the other player after every checkpoint.. Too bad it’s not crossbuy, already own the game on ps3 and ps4 so there’s no way I’m getting it again. Smart way of masking the lack of games on Vita though.

But it is cross-buy? And what lack of games on Vita? Haven’t you heard about Borderlands 2, Football Manager 2014, Tales of Hearts, Oreshika, Y2K, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Soul Sacrifice 2, Gravity Rush 2, Danganronpa 2 and a bunch of other games coming? And we’ve still got E3 ahead of us! Vita can actually have the best lineup of games in 2014 out of all platforms. All we need is a bit more love from the West – both 3rd party and Western Sony studios, but as it is, I’m struggling to find time to play all Vita games.

man_utd_xl 14 April, 2014 @ 9:30 pm

it is cross buy, you’ve got it on the PS3 version so you’ll get it for free on the vita

Stonesthrow 15 April, 2014 @ 3:13 am

There’s a Gravity Rush 2 coming? :o Probably my favorite game on vita.. Still, I’ve had the vita since EU release and only own 8 AAA titles.. Could definitely use some more of those although I don’t play that much portable. Too bad we won’t get the Bioshock vita game now..

@man utd xl : but to the guy above me you say it doesn’t support cross buy with the ps4 since it’s a different game.. So which is it? :d

man_utd_xl 15 April, 2014 @ 4:26 am

It isn’t cross buy with the PS4 version since it’s a different version of the game, you said you had the PS3 version so you will have available for cross buy

Stonesthrow 15 April, 2014 @ 3:02 pm

Ah thanks for the clarification!

SGTSTEELFACE 14 April, 2014 @ 5:50 pm   17

Love the cross buy goodness !

Can’t wait to play this game! I never bothered to play it on PS3, cause it looks like a perfect fit on the Vita. Now that it’s here, I’m buying it day 1 :)

solarwind12 14 April, 2014 @ 7:04 pm   19

I really liked Dead Nation on ps3, bought my one when it launched and ended up platining it as it kept my interest, was probably one of my favourites of That year, But the dlc was awful, not in it’s vision, but in it’s technical side, really left a sour taste after i read with anticipation the release details them few years ago, just deleted it out of frustration, so when i got DN again for ps4 i thought, maybe it will be possible now to actually play, dlc.. it wasn’t, and tbh if i knew i was not going to complete that game on ps4 i decided it weren’t worth my time, so deleted after one play through, regret it now, ie i deleted my save as well.. but the road really did lead to devastation, Anyway, appreciate the free cross buy game offer, will defo download the core game on vita, the dlc however, such a shame, don’t suppose there is a new fix for ps4 road of levels?, as i could only take two cutters spawning behind me in round 7 so many times, and the other cheap deaths, also, WHY oh WHY is the health pack not auto use?, would of made more sense, imo. Thanks again for the Good as well as the bad.

johnnycide 14 April, 2014 @ 8:14 pm   20

Off topic a little I suppose, but is there any way to patch this to zoom in a little on the action? I’m playing on the PS4 on a 42″ TV, and I struggle to make things out to the degree that playing the game gives me headaches. I’d chalk it up to me being an old man of 33 with glasses, but I know a few people with the same issue who are in their late teens with perfect vision.
As it is, this is a game I’d probably throw on for half an hour here and there and quite enjoy, but can’t at the moment. Damn shame!

TrueMurton 14 April, 2014 @ 9:05 pm   21

Between plus and cross-buy I think it might be time to finally bring 64gb cards to the UK. Currently it’s just not possible to download a game without deleting several first, and I’d rather not have to delete a game I haven’t finished and risk never having the space to download it again later to try and finish it

divine1000 14 April, 2014 @ 9:45 pm   22

Good looks with the Cross-Buy offer!!!
Really been looking forward to this on VITA, I remember asking for a PSP version shortly after the PS3 version launched.

divine1000 14 April, 2014 @ 9:46 pm   23

I second the 64gb cards request too!

NightRanma 15 April, 2014 @ 9:29 am   24

I can’t wait to read about all the things that are broken in this version of the game.

Seriously, it was sad when it was released broken on PS3. Just plain pathetic when the PS4 version had it’s own set of issues. I don’t even want to know what happens to the Vita version. Maybe it’ll cause your system to blow up when you pretty Start.

Honza222_VITA 15 April, 2014 @ 1:48 pm   25

Sounds and look very good u have my money :). So co-op mode will only with friends or with random strangers?

ScooterMix 15 April, 2014 @ 3:54 pm   26

well let me ask you something this not right i own game on Ps3 and right bring for free for pspvita but it would make sence if was cross play and get free on PS4 who got ps3 vision.

Its april 16th and still cant download it *cry* Cant wait to get my hands on this :)

broadcastmonkey2 16 April, 2014 @ 12:15 pm   28

whoop free download for me!! (ive purchased both before so vita is free)

broadcastmonkey2 16 April, 2014 @ 12:16 pm   29

where is it though??

it just went live go go download :-)

Cleggworth 16 April, 2014 @ 1:48 pm   31

I Just downloaded it after searching for it on the PC store. The Road to devastation DLC isn’t showing as free despite me previously purchasing it though but i guess its just an updating issue

Damn i love this game

I got Dead Nation back in the day thanks to the welcome back program and months later I purchased the DLC “Road to devastation”.

I am surprised to see that I have to pay again to download the DLC that I already paid for.

It seems that you can only get DN+RTD for free if you bought them as a pack.

shagbat 16 April, 2014 @ 2:33 pm   33

Yep, same problem for me. Purchased the DLC for the ps3 version of the game but it wants to charge me again for the Vita version. Hoping this is a glitch.

CimiRocks 16 April, 2014 @ 3:02 pm   34

Same issue with the DLC, it asks me to pay but I already bought it for PS3

solarwind12 17 April, 2014 @ 11:43 am   35

‘Anyone who has purchased Dead Nation “OR” Road of Devastation WILL be able to download free on vita’, what part of this is now being removed, or was it a mistake, maybe a lie even?.. the thing that makes me mad is they have now put Road of Dev dlc for PS3 on store with a price, even though i bought it. and the date 23/10/13 for one of them is made up, as in it was not there from that date, someone is trying to pull a fast one… my road of dlc is in downloaded list, from it’s PROPER date, 28/09/11.. This, Limbo key missing, Tomb Raider Underworld vanished and others gone as well, But i ‘can’ buy them again!.

solarwind12 17 April, 2014 @ 11:50 am   36

Also i had a bit of fun with store other week, they had F1 12 up for £29.99, i noticed same game in different part of store for £15.99, so tried adding both to cart, lol i thought i could see steam coming out of the console… this ‘new and improved’ store has Got to be biggest joke online, taking into account whom it belongs to, of course.. 2 out of 10, just.

KHDelBoy 17 April, 2014 @ 1:16 pm   37

I too have the same issue. I bought the PS3 version years ago, yet I cannot download the Vita version without being charged for it.

It even say on the page if you buy either, you’ll get the other version for free due to cross buy.