Posted 3:20pm

Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars and Oreshika coming soon to PS Vita

Introducing a trio of unique new handheld games from JAPAN Studio

Today we’re really happy to announce a trio of brand new PS Vita games from our JAPAN Studio: Soul Sacrifice Delta, an expanded edition of last year’s acclaimed dark fantasy adventure; dystopian action RPG Freedom Wars; and stunning JRPG Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines.

Soul Sacrifice Delta will be first to arrive on 14th May, and we’ll confirm more details around Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Freedom Wars in the coming months. For now, I’ll hand over to the games’ respective producers to tell you more about each title. And then later today look out for an interview with JAPAN Studio chief Allan Becker.

Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Soul Sacrifice Delta is the ultimate edition of Soul Sacrifice with tons of new content and improvements. Grim, the faction who believes in neutrality in all things, joins the blood thirsty Avalon and the merciful Sanctuarium, and adds a third angle to bring the Delta in Soul Sacrifice. Grim’s beliefs, rooted in the prophecy they will seek to realise, will bring about irrevocable changes to the world as we know it.

The concept of faction is now at the heart of the game with players able to join the side of their choice, each with their own strengths and play styles. Players from each faction can now register their overall progress

Soul Sacrifice Delta brings a lot of new content as well, with new Archfiends inspired by dark retellings of classic fairy tales, new sorcerers, arenas, spells and even more quests.

We have also made many improvements to the game design and systems: the graphics engine has been optimised, some arenas are now dynamic with weather effects and structural changes during battle, the spells system has been refined and allows for more collaborative and deeper gameplay. We’ve also improved the AI of the Archfiends, who are now more vicious than ever. Finally, we’ve taken character customisation to a new level, with the ability to mix costume parts and accessories.

Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita Soul Sacrifice Delta on PS Vita

What if you have played through Soul Sacrifice already? Well, just transfer your save data over to Delta and carry on the adventure! So that’s Soul Sacrifice Delta in a nutshell, but please stay tuned for more information soon. – Olivier Banal

Freedom Wars on PS Vita

Freedom Wars

We’re excited to finally announce that Freedom Wars is coming to Europe! Some of you may have caught wind of the team working on this title, but JAPAN Studio, Shift and Dimps have joined forces to create an action-packed RPG on PlayStation Vita!

Freedom Wars is set in a dystopian world which harbors prisoners, each with a million-year sentence set from birth. You take on the role of a prisoner, forced to fight for your freedom by completing rescue missions that will reduce your seemingly insurmountable prison sentence.

Freedom Wars on PS Vita

Freedom Wars on PS Vita

Supported by a robust multiplayer suite, up to four players can play via Ad-Hoc and eight players via Online to fight civilian Abducters; the more civilians you set free, the shorter your sentence becomes. In addition to the challenging co-op gameplay, you’ll be pleased to know that the game has many customizable features ranging from weapon load-outs to the protagonist itself! Check out our new trailer and make sure to stay tuned for more news on Freedom Wars, launching later this year! – Florence Kum

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on PS Vita

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Next up we have Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines which is one that you JRPG fans need to have on your radar. “What does ‘Oreshika’ mean?”, I hear you cry. Actually the full title in Japanese is ‘Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke’ which means something along the lines of ‘Go Forth Over My Dead Body’.

In case you haven’t guessed it by now it’s an RPG in which you take charge of an ancient Japanese clan that have been cursed with a maximum lifespan of just 2 years. Your task is to lead the clan on their quest to lift the curse and enlist the help of gods inspired by Japanese mythology to make sure each new generation of the clan is more powerful than the last.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on PS Vita

boss_01

We’ve got some screenshots to show off the beautiful Japanese art style of the characters and environments, but it looks even more fantastic on the PS Vita screen! We’ve got lots more details to share on this one very soon so stay tuned. – Jan Kuczynski

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

54 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Suzzopher 14 April, 2014 @ 3:28 pm   1

Vita activates God tier mode in 2014 then :D

I hope we get dual audio as any true nipponese fan would want it.

Dante_Zero 14 April, 2014 @ 3:33 pm   3

can’t wait for freedom wars as it looks epic. Plus that language talk text system is fascinating and hope it is included in the European version

X_Blood_Curse_X 14 April, 2014 @ 3:36 pm   4

Thanks guys! Good to see you’re listening to the demand! I know there are a lot of Vita owners like myself who have been eager to play all these games.

Any news on a physical release?

Nazar_Ops 14 April, 2014 @ 3:56 pm

I’m pretty sure these games will get a physical release. Seeing how big they are.

X_Blood_Curse_X 14 April, 2014 @ 4:33 pm

@Nazar_Ops

You’re probably be right, but I’d still like confirmation.

I always prefer to have a physical copy

uberxtechnic 14 April, 2014 @ 5:35 pm

Unfortunately, it looks as though Soul Sacrifice will be digital only (based on the latest “behind-the-scenes” blog post)… “We’re planning to release Soul Sacrifice only on PlayStation Store”. No word on the others, though.

X_Blood_Curse_X 14 April, 2014 @ 6:20 pm

@uberxtechnic

Unfortunately you are correct. Really quite annoying, how many times do we have to ask for retail versions? I won’t be buying it anymore.

We get Football Manager and those Lego games in physical format? But a game people actually WANT is digital only? Not happy.

uberxtechnic 14 April, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

@X_Blood_Curse_X I’m someone who prefers physical, too. I only ever buy digital if I really have to (such as PSP games on the Vita) and even then my purchases are very rare, mainly due to digital pricing and download space. Plus, I just really like having boxed copies for the actual case and game card/disc.
    In this case, I admit I’ll still probably get Delta because I loved the first SoulSac so much, but I’m still crushed it’s on the horizon for the aforementioned PSN-only release. I know a lot of people will be put off from buying it now.

supersmith2500 14 April, 2014 @ 3:38 pm   5

First Sly, then God of War, then PS Pets, then Borderlands 2 and now Freedom Wars. So dang happy to be a PSVita owner. :D

YES! Keep ‘em coming!

uberxtechnic 14 April, 2014 @ 3:38 pm   7

Awesome! I’m really happy to see that SoulSac Delta and Freedom Wars are getting released over here.♥

Kresnik258 14 April, 2014 @ 3:39 pm   8

You have no idea how happy this news makes me. Thank you, Sony :D

Envirasu 14 April, 2014 @ 3:40 pm   9

I’ll probably get all of these. I’ve been excited for Freedom Wars since the Japanese reveal, and SSD’s new trailer may have swayed me. Can’t say I’d heard of Oreshika before now, but it looks interesting.

Gamesgbkiller 14 April, 2014 @ 3:44 pm   10

Awesome!

I’m waiting to see how Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines looks and plays.

Thanks.

Mardolina 14 April, 2014 @ 4:08 pm

Search on yt for japanese version of the game and see for yourself :)

infernalmonkey1 14 April, 2014 @ 3:47 pm   11

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines announcement is AMAZING. Was always hoping this would get localised, but never really expected it to actuallly happen. Thank you!

si6brutto 14 April, 2014 @ 3:54 pm   12

all Vita owners hope also in Gravity rush 2 and Tales of Herts R

JorporMark 14 April, 2014 @ 4:37 pm

Tales of Hearts R is actually available to pre-order at Gamestop since a few days! I really hope this isn’t some kind of mistake.

Nazar_Ops 14 April, 2014 @ 3:55 pm   13

Awesome! I will definitely buy Freedom Wars.

kinglambert 14 April, 2014 @ 3:57 pm   14

These 3 announcements have cemented my vita as my console of 2014. Please say that we’ll see physical releases of all 3 games in Europe

YNA_p4u7 14 April, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   15

This is awesome, Freedom Wars is my most anticipated vita game ever since it was announced as ‘Panopticom’ and you guys are localizing it this year! I hope the release date is close to the Japanese release date though.

Also Over my dead body 2 is now called Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines? I guess it makes sense since the other title indicated it was a sequel and to be honest I didn’t think this title would come to the west but I’m glad it is.

As for Delta I’ll see what the demo offers me once it’s out, I played the first game for more than 70 hours and even got the platinum trophy, I’m not sure if I’ll buy it again unless the changes in this new version are good enough for me to consider.

Anyway thank you so much for bringing these titles to the west :D

Holy heck, did not expect Oreshika! This is awesome! Three games so little time…please say the dirty consumer side of me can pick up physical Collectors Editions

Chijatsu 14 April, 2014 @ 4:04 pm   17

wow. i am so happy to hear about this. i did buy tales of hearts and innocence last week. will do my best to learn how to read kanji and master it to fulfill my purpose in life.

darkdudes_2 14 April, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   18

Awesome!!!
Love freedom wars since the announcement, but where is gravity Rush 2?
Its another Video game from studio Japan, so it fits There ;)
I have to wait for more -_-
I hope japanstudio work on a fifth vita game called puppeteer ;)
And maybe we hear something on an infamous vita title and hopefully sony bend working on the Vita and PlayStation third Party production <3

dark_angel69 14 April, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   19

That’s three good looking games there!!! I can’t wait!! My Vita is going to love me but my wallet is going to hate me

Yaro-sensei 14 April, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   20

Meanwhile, japanese audio dlc for SS is still not on EU PSN.

Regardless, amazing announcements, thank you!

theodor70941 14 April, 2014 @ 4:08 pm   21

Finally a localization of both Freedom Wars and SS Delta! :D

Freedom Wars interests me the most, from those 3 titles. Wish I’d know a bit more about it though.

Usually I like such japanese art, Okami was great for example. But Oreshika seems too simple. Especially the second screenshot is disappointing. It doesn’t seem like art, just lazy and lacklustre.

Soul Sacrifice Delta has the smallest chances with me though. The gameplay from its predecessor was just dull. Oh wait, this is even just an “ultimate edition”. Urghs.

famikonBY 14 April, 2014 @ 4:18 pm   23

Great news for Vita owners. Want to hear more information about Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, this game sounds promising for me.

And, finally Soul Sacrifice Delta release announcement. Glad to see it gets localisation in Europe.

theodor70941 14 April, 2014 @ 4:21 pm   24

Hoe about vita TV for the EU!?!

Vashetti 14 April, 2014 @ 4:24 pm   25

Freedom Wars will be mine.

KylieDog 14 April, 2014 @ 5:18 pm   26

Wil SS Delta get a cheap upgrade program for owners of first game, like japan got.

CloudBelmont 14 April, 2014 @ 5:32 pm   27

Damn!!! Amazing news. All my wanted games announced at the same time, love you Sony!

DizzyQViper 14 April, 2014 @ 5:35 pm   28

About time Freedom Wars got confirmed for the west. I was starting to fear the worst.
Oreshika is a nice surprise though!

But PLEASE don’t pull a Square Enix and make these games digital only in Europe.

SGTSTEELFACE 14 April, 2014 @ 6:03 pm   29

YES! JUST YES! Il even buy Delta for a cheapER upgrade scheme

kid_Jump94 14 April, 2014 @ 6:06 pm   30

oh my soul sacrifice in just a month :o

Gameguardian 14 April, 2014 @ 6:39 pm   31

Read some of the other lines above, but can we get an official update whether or not these games will have physical releases in Europe and if any of them will have limited editions?

If they’re digital only, it’s an instant no-go for me, even though I’m happy they’re being localized. I’m getting more and more annoyed of the digital only releases of so many interesting PS Vita games. Whatever the reason, consumers should have the right to choose how they want to buy their games (physical or digital)!

fffan012 14 April, 2014 @ 7:26 pm   32

@ Gameguardian

The original SS probably did not sell well enough over here to warrant physical copies of the expansion. I don’t like digital either but I’ll deal with it. Unlike the jerks at Square-Enix who decided to give us Drakkengard 3 as digital only from the get-go, I’m glad JAPAN Studio has decided to bring these great games over here.

REALLY looking forward to Freedom Wars :D

Well if Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke and Freedom Wars don’t get physical releases then I guess I will be importing them like Conception II and Mind 0 as I’m sure there won’t be any draconian hoops to jump to import unlike some other publishers *cough* Square-Enix or as I now them them the publisher not fit to receive my monies .

genaralmojo 14 April, 2014 @ 9:40 pm   34

What!?

PS Vita is getting new games?

this is madness!

also Terraria is finnaly £5 (EASTER SALE)
take that fools who got it day 1 at £12

HouseQuake 14 April, 2014 @ 10:18 pm   35

Sheesh!!

The Vita is the best gaming system out there right now. It is getting the real serious games. I really hope the PS4 picks up and matches this kind of quality.

Thank you for supporting us JP Game lovers.

This is such a great time to be a Vita owner – so many great localisations and announcements, from indies to big name studios. Oreshika, Freedom Wars, Dragon Fin Soup, Natural Doctrine, Hand of Fate, Borderlands 2, Dead Nation, Road Not Taken, Mercenary Kings, and both Sword Art Online and Phantasy Star Nova on import.

Not such a great time to be my bank manager though – sorry mate, no savings from me for the next few months, it’s all reserved.

Artemisthemp 14 April, 2014 @ 11:00 pm   37

Looks like May will be the month of Soul Sacrifice Delta :)

I guess E3 will bring more information about Freedom Wars and Over my Dead Body 2

mojavehotwax 15 April, 2014 @ 7:13 am   38

i want a physical copy of Soul Sacrifice Delta …NOT a digital copy. if it it’s in a mini Librom shaped limited edition case, then i’ll be happier still

Analog76 15 April, 2014 @ 9:46 am   39

Oreshika is such a good move to localize…I will support all three games!

smokeypsd 15 April, 2014 @ 9:48 am   40

Looks like this year is going to be a great time to own a Vita. Choice as an early adopter vindicated.

ianuarius 15 April, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   41

is Soul Sacrifice Delta only in DD?
in the italian blog I read it is only DD.

Knife_1987 28 April, 2014 @ 9:47 pm   42

will there be a preorder bonus for soul sacrifice delta ? or codes for exclusive raiments ?