Posted 23 April

Coming to PS Plus in May: Puppeteer, Payday 2, Muramasa, more

Stick it to the Man and Everybody’s Golf also join your Instant Game Collection

Hi everyone! It’s time to unveil all the goodies coming to PlayStation Plus members this May. I hope you’ll agree that we have a great line up that should keep you glued to your consoles.

New for PlayStation 4

First up on PS4 comes Stick it to the Man, a weird and wonderful title from the very talented development team at Zoink! I am so pleased that we are able to bring you this incredible title which won a sturdy 8.6 out of 10 from IGN on release.

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with this wacky adventure. Take a look at the trailer below for an idea of what to expect.

New for PlayStation 3:

First up on PS3 this May an eccentric title from our very own Japan Studio. Puppeteer delivers a magical fairy tale experience with a sinister backdrop all played out in a theatrical world where the environment is constantly changing.

Take on the role of a young boy named Kutaro carried away by the evil Moon Bear King to a black castle where the unlucky lad is transformed into a puppet. But the headless hero is not alone – he discovers a very special pair of scissors to help him on his harrowing adventure to find his head, and his way home.

Next up, it’s time to descend on Washington DC for a crime spree of epic proportions in the second installment of the thrilling heist shooter Payday. Payday 2‘s new crimenet network offers a huge range of dynamic contracts and you are free to choose anything from small-time convenience store hits or kidnappings, to major league cyber-crime or emptying out major bank vaults.

New for PS Vita:

Muramasa Rebirth is your first offering this month on PS Vita. It’s faithful port of Vanillaware’s classic side-scrolling action-RPG, one that absolutely shines on the OLED screen. Immersive, stylish, and full of action, Muramasa Rebirth’s twin campaigns, multiple endings, hidden Demon Swords, massive exploration and other optional goodies should be enough to keep you busy for a good long while.

Finally, it’s time to take to the fairways in our very own Everybody’s Golf. This title makes full use of the rear touch pad functionality and the intuitive touchscreen controls allowing you to plot your way around the course and achieve that low score whilst having a lot of fun at the same time!

In summary

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

Don’t miss out! Make sure add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49 / €6.99 p/m. To find out more visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

349 Comments 27 Author replies
Show oldest first

chrisboers 23 April, 2014 @ 1:02 pm   1

Puppeteer! That is such an endearing game! Great choice, people! Oh, and Stick it to the Man is also a great addition to the PS4 collection!

fmykdisbad 23 April, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

What happened to the ps1 and ps2 classics in the store? Why are they all gone? Nobody plays them anymore but it was nice to buy them for collecting…

fmykdisbad 23 April, 2014 @ 1:19 pm

What happened to the ps1 and ps2 classics in the store?

chrisboers 23 April, 2014 @ 1:54 pm

fmykdisbad, you said that already, and it has nothing to do with this blogpost (nor with my post)

icecrasher_zero 23 April, 2014 @ 2:08 pm

You can buy PS one Classics through PSVITA store.

smokeypsd 24 April, 2014 @ 3:19 am

You gave me a heart attack. They’re still there, you can find them in the discover section on the PS3 too. I can’t seem to find a section on the browser interface though.

Der_Pate 23 April, 2014 @ 1:03 pm   2

Great line-up for may!

turbogeek421 23 April, 2014 @ 1:03 pm   3

Woo! Everybody’s Golf! Might put some time aside for some Puppeteer too :)

AshesArise 23 April, 2014 @ 1:04 pm   4

guess it’s just pay day 2 for me then in may…Hoping June has some better titles

Silentgamer99 23 April, 2014 @ 2:33 pm

Yeah lol the only AAA title here.I don’t want to play a Guacamelee game on PS4 and PS3…
    Let’s be honest,that Stick it to the Man might be a great game,but not for PS4 sorry..This is why I won’t buy a PS4 until they come out with a good bundle with AAA’s.InFamous is pretty nice though,I would buy the PS4 for InFamous only,but I’m still waiting.
    And Pupeteer for PS3 is like a juice of LBP and Guacamelee…Enough of those PEGI 3+ games.

Oh,and about PS4,these games are not next-gen,Sony,you can’t argue with that.Such powerful system for games that might run with PS2 with lower graphics.

Silentgamer99 23 April, 2014 @ 3:31 pm

Still,I’d like to suggest the following titles for June:

PS4 – Injustice
    PS3 – Crysis 3,Batman:Arkham City
    PS Vita – Persona 4,Tearaway

This would be a great month!

Imo i don’t think it’s going to improve, last ps+ month was Horible too.

man_utd_xl 24 April, 2014 @ 12:26 am

@silentgamer99 we won’t get arkham city because we had it in december 2012, over a year before the US got it, persona won’t be on it either for a while since it’s still selling really well and the developers don’t want to give it away, it was in the 12 deals of christmas aswell and there was a masssive fuss after some of the games in last years 12 deals were given away on plus a few months later

Silentgamer99 24 April, 2014 @ 1:42 pm

Oh really?I’m having Plus only since May 2013.:)
    My favourite months were July and August :D

Elder-Mike 30 April, 2014 @ 10:39 am

Better titles? For PS4 we only get amateur game releases, started watching the trailer and it just looked boring… moved on and oh the rest are for PS3 and Vita. Great! another month down the drain I am really thinking 80% of us plus members aren’t getting anything worth a year’s membership.

Imafia97 23 April, 2014 @ 1:04 pm   5

Any update on 1.7 firmware?
And great selection of vita games was going to get everybody golf.

dark_angel69 23 April, 2014 @ 1:05 pm   6

Nothing for me this month. Looks boring. Payday 2 is the only good thing there which I already have. Was expecting it to come sometime soon anyway after the US got it.

Any chance you could bring more JRPG for PS3? Have you any plans on getting Tales of Graces F or even Tales of Xillia or is it safe to buy those?

Knack for PS4 would be nice.

fmykdisbad 23 April, 2014 @ 1:21 pm

Why do people always have a need to post whats not interesting to them? Kinda silly.

dark_angel69 23 April, 2014 @ 1:33 pm

@fmykdisbad
    Stop spamming the blog. Who are you to decide what people find interesting and not?! If it’s not interesting for you then good for you, please leave and let others ask for something they are happy with.

smokeypsd 24 April, 2014 @ 3:24 am

Speak for yourself (which you clearly are), I’m really happy to have Puppeteer go on the plus which I missed out on.

Hi Chris,

When can we expect a rotation on the long term Vita title?
Any update on this?

deathnote2000 23 April, 2014 @ 1:21 pm

Dead? The VITA is better now then it’s ever been. Demon Gaze, Mind Zero, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP, Sword Art Online, One Piece Unlimited, Xblaze: Code Embryo, Akiba’s Trip 2, Disgaea 4: The Return, Danganronpa 2, Over My Dead Body 2, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Ragnarok ACE, Tales Of Hearts R. All this year alone that’s great and miles better then the 3DS.

Chris Howe 23 April, 2014 @ 1:33 pm

Hi, as with previous months, we have no plans to update the PS VITA titles

BigBoyBanksy 23 April, 2014 @ 1:40 pm

@deathnote2000 I have had my Vita since last July and my 3DS for over 2 years. Apart from Pokemon Y and Mario Kart I haven’t found many games I like for it. My vita however is full with great games. And when i say full I mean full. I’m at the point where I’m deleting games on my 32Gb card to add them. Walking Dead season 1 (and 2 as of today). Spelunky, Hotline Miami, Sly Cooper 4, Guacamelee, motogp 13, uncharted, pixel junk monsters, rayman origins, Olli Olli, Thomas was Alone… I could keep going. Vita has some great games

blackout_pt 23 April, 2014 @ 1:50 pm

@Chris, by now is quite obvious that you don’t have plans to replace the yearly games of the vita, but could the “good” people at SCEE at least give us a decent answer?

K_C_1987 23 April, 2014 @ 1:59 pm

@blackoutp_t dont be silly man. They take us for fools on here with patronizing answers. We know they have no plans to change it but they aint decent enough to just come out and tell us. Not sure the blog team really care either. Bad for business especialy as for a lot of people, the blog acts as the face of the company. Most of the time when I read the answers the blog team give (when they can be bothered) I just think what a waste of time

Bio_Dio 23 April, 2014 @ 2:05 pm

@BigBoyBanksy
    VITA only has one flaw, no Monster Hunter. Damn, I can be an happy man even with MH3rd for the PSP on the VITA, in English!
    I love my VITA and IMO it has the best portable game right now, Persona 4 Golden, aside from that and Soul Sacrifice… Layton and Ace attorney are killer games for me, aside from Monster Hunter and the usual stuff.
    But my god 3DS as a console machine it’s awful… Can’t wait to play a Monster Hunter on the VITA (We know that will never happen).

godheit 23 April, 2014 @ 2:31 pm

Could you tell us why you don’t habe plans to change them

@Chris. Why were we told last year that they would be rotated before the end of 2013? Why were we also told that the introduction of a ps4 title would not affect the current IGC – but since then we have lost 1 ps3 games in addition to the non-vita rotation. I am sure SCEE has some fine print that allows them to do this, but it is a smack in the face of customers by falsely advertising what plus offers/offered. SCEE felt the need to try to sweep this under the rug- and there isn’t even any kind of apology just condescending answers from Chris!

I forgot to mention the loss of one monthly update (that existed due to the fact the EU IGC contains less games).

Arnybira 23 April, 2014 @ 1:06 pm   8

Puppeteer and Muramasa…
You guys have really outdone yourselves this time. :D

fmykdisbad 23 April, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

Excellent post. Why cant all sony customers be nice people like you?

Rastamadeus 23 April, 2014 @ 1:54 pm

@ fmykdisbad Because not everyone likes the same sort of games. Not that difficult to understand, surely? Puppeteer and Muramasa are quality games (and I hope more people now give them a chance) but they’re not exactly AAA titles which is why some people won’t be happy. It’s not yours or my place to say they’re wrong or right. Try realising your opinion isn’t the one we all agree to.

Elder-Mike 30 April, 2014 @ 10:42 am

@fmykdisbad… because we all pay the same price, same consoles (PS4 & PS3) and they are releasing rubbish games no-one bought… few sales, lets add it to the PS+ pile! Then all the PS4 gets is Indy games, fair enough some are good…. Rasogun whatever it was, was really great for a indy game. Minecraft oh yeah made it to PS3 and didn’t make it to PS4.

Fr34kyUK 23 April, 2014 @ 1:06 pm   9

What a load of junk :(

ElfMageBex 23 April, 2014 @ 1:13 pm

i agree the ps4 game looks rubbish ocoto dad would of been better

You can’t force a developer to put their game into the IGC. Octodad sold well enough on Steam already, so pressure is off them.

Porcupeth00 23 April, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

Stick it to the man is great. Better than Octodad for sure

Elder-Mike 30 April, 2014 @ 10:43 am

@Golwar, steam is a PC game zone. not real gamers.

@Elder-Mike
    Congrats. Your reply didn’t provide an argument, you probably didn’t even understand the topic, and it’s childish.

Dante_Zero 23 April, 2014 @ 1:06 pm   10

Coming soooooooon—er than ps4 firmware 1.7

These updates seem to be getting later and later in the month plus I take it the firm position on the main IGC games for vita still isn’t changing and the issues with losing content etc still hasn’t be addressed?

Rochala 23 April, 2014 @ 1:06 pm   11

Nice games, thanks!
Not interested at Payday 2 and already have the Gold, but the rest are great for me. Any idea if stick it to the man is cross buy? My kids will love it, but I keep them far from my ps4 :p

Now let’s see some flame for one more indie game for ps4

Rochala 23 April, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

Golf of course, not Gold !

Chris Howe 23 April, 2014 @ 1:34 pm

Stick it to the Man on PS4 is going to be a stand a lone game I’m afraid so you might have to let the kids have a go on your PS4 :)

Rochala 23 April, 2014 @ 1:44 pm

Noooooooooooooo! ( insert Darth Vader pic here )

As my eldest said ( 6 years old ) “When you buy ps5, I’ll get your ps4 ” :p

Chijatsu 23 April, 2014 @ 1:07 pm   12

first time i have all the games. however, they are all excellent. can’t say nothing about golf, haven’t touched it yet.

ElfMageBex 23 April, 2014 @ 1:08 pm   13

could of been better games

Faustofausto 23 April, 2014 @ 1:08 pm   14

About the April Plus, the Hotline Miami 1.01 patch for PS3 still broken, unable to install.

tuuttuut1 23 April, 2014 @ 1:09 pm   15

Super annoyed by Muramase Rebirth. I just bought it like 2 weeks ago since I figured it would never get on PS Plus. I guess I should stop buying games at this point because I always end up getting screwed.

Oguri_Kureno 23 April, 2014 @ 1:20 pm

I got the LE about the same time the first dlc came out. When I learned I never would be able to use the dlcs with my US copy of the game I never played the game more than the first hour since the dlc was about as big as the game.
    Now I can sell my physical copy and play the game with the dlc and all

Silentgamer99 23 April, 2014 @ 2:26 pm

I’d advise you buying PS exclusives physically and nothing else.They don’t include 90% of exclusives in PS Plus service.This was just my observation.:)

Lt_Combo 24 April, 2014 @ 4:56 am

lol what a pathetic comment .. so what. Are you saying you’re going to stop buying games just because you’re worried others might get it for free?! That’s the saddest, most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. They can’t always provide you with games YOU specifically don’t own. I’ve had it happen to me many times that a game I just bought was discounted on PSN or was in the IGC a few days later etc. Did you enjoy the game? Had fun with it? So what are you complaining about… Don’t be such entitled brats, expecting to get 5 perfect games each month that you’ve never played before and don’t own.

blendercat27 25 April, 2014 @ 3:50 am

Guess you should stop buying food too. Never know when corn flakes will be on sale again, and you’ll end up getting screwed.

Seriously, buying the game doesn’t mean you’re screwed. It’s mean you own it and it isn’t tied to the service.

Anti-Network 28 April, 2014 @ 9:18 am

Lt_Combo, their point is THEY could get it for free. I don’t think they care what other people pay

Not so much for me, but i do hope that this means that more people will get to play puppeteer, cause that game is awesome

mitchbel1996 23 April, 2014 @ 1:09 pm   17

Can I suggest 2 titles for June? Knack and Batman: Arkham City. Japan got Knack bundled in with the console at no additional cost, and America already got Arkham City, so they would both make sense.

Zoharthefunky 23 April, 2014 @ 1:11 pm

EU got Arkham City over a year ago so no chance of that repeating

Rochala 23 April, 2014 @ 1:14 pm

We got Arkham City long before US got it, If I remember correct it was december of 2012, so don’t wait for it again.

mitchbel1996 23 April, 2014 @ 1:29 pm

Sorry, didn’t know that

Dante_Zero 23 April, 2014 @ 1:10 pm   18

No update on firmware 1.70. You’ll have details for us soon. You’ve been saying that for the last 6 weeks. I would like a clear definition on what time frame constitutes soon or is this another case of being stone walled again?

tat_sun 23 April, 2014 @ 1:37 pm

It’s not ready. When it’s ready, they’ll announce something. Why does it matter if it’s next week or next month? Have you paid someone for this firmware update?

Perhaps Sony should release FW v1.69 for impatient people, but it has a 25% risk of bricking your PS4. Would that help?

Pemberton_ 23 April, 2014 @ 1:57 pm

Soony™

S-Cript 23 April, 2014 @ 4:26 pm

we’ve been hearing about video unlimited for 6 years now and still the majority of the EU don’t have it

we’ve a PS4 not even able to play 3D movies
    we’ve a PS4 not even to play 2D movies if its a 2d/3d combo disc, because sony don’t want you to…..

no madden demo
    no MBL demo

Osahi_be 23 April, 2014 @ 1:10 pm   19

Hmm, a tad dissapointed in the PS4 offering, as I own the game on Vita/PS3 allready and don’t plan on replaying it (liked it, but it isn’t as good as it could’ve been). Had hoped for Octodad or Transistor or something like that.

Oh well, Payday 2 is nice (I have Puppeteer, which is great) and I planned on getting Muramasa one day, so that’s a -here it comes, drumrolls!- plus too.

Oh, Puppeteer really is a surprise. Didn’t expect that anytime soon.
I already got Payday 2 on the PC, the game is imho disappointing. And the PS3 version is supposed to be weaker than that.
While I love RPGs, I always hesitated to get Muramasa. I just can’t see the RPG in there, it just looks like a common Beat’em Up.
Golf – no idea at all.

So good job on Puppeteer and I’m at least curios to test out all those games. Could be a great month, I just don’t know yet! ;)

Question: Do we get 35 Destiny Orbs for Destiny of Spirits each month, as the other Playstation regions too (see http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/psPlus#comingOffers)? I don’t see a reason why we shouldn’t.

Ahem what? Might it be that you have some comprehension problems fmykdisbad?

ten-bucks 23 April, 2014 @ 1:12 pm   21

Puppeteer excellent game and nearly bought muramasa in sales and wanted payday 2.

AdamBogocz 23 April, 2014 @ 1:13 pm   22

Hello fred, do you think that EU gets sales like that ? http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/18/ps-store-flash-sale-30-games-available-for-0-99-each/

I woul loove to buy Crash Bandicoot classics, spyro etc.

born2hack 23 April, 2014 @ 4:08 pm

Then make a US account and buy them. That’s what I did :)

AdamBogocz 23 April, 2014 @ 4:34 pm

@bom2hack: well, in certain way I will not own the game… I would need to use new email, fake “identity”, just to buy stuff from US store, anyway that sale was only last weekend… but that was not the question :) I was asking if EU has chance to get sale like this ;)

BigBoyBanksy 23 April, 2014 @ 1:13 pm   23

Wasn’t expecting this news for another week, surprised and happy with the Puppeteer. Already have Payday 2 (which is great). Been looking for a good golf title to play so one on the vita this month is great. Bit dissapointed in stick to the man on ps4. I have it on ps3 and vita and was hoping I would get the ps4 version free via cross buy anyway when it came out :S. All in all a strong month, cheers guys

croze343 23 April, 2014 @ 1:15 pm   24

Great content. Unfortunately I own just about everything. Time to try out Everybody’s Golf.

Willelmus 23 April, 2014 @ 1:16 pm   25

Great choice of games! It seems Playstation plus never disappoints! Seems getting membership ’till end 2015 is the best gaming decision I’ve ever made!

Kudos to the team for the service.

>Muramasa Rebirth is your first offering this month on PS Vita. It’s faithful port of Vanillaware’s classic side-scrolling action-RPG, one that absolutely shines on the OLED screen
Well Vita 2000 buyers will never know this feel :^)

Oguri_Kureno 23 April, 2014 @ 1:39 pm

Except I find it looking better on my slim than on my original vita ; p

K_C_1987 23 April, 2014 @ 5:30 pm

@oguri dont be silly mate. The oled screen excels compared to the slimline. Stop talking rubbish. They took oled screen to save money so what you say makes no sense. Its already been reported its not as vibrant

man_utd_xl 24 April, 2014 @ 9:33 pm

I got the vita 2000 a couple of weeks ago and was comparing a few games on it against my mates OLED vita, there really is hardly any difference, the intro video on wipeout 2047 was a tiny bit brighter on the original model but other than that you really can’t see a difference unless you spend all your gaming time trying to find one, they’re so close in quality since the screens are so small

Voodoo_341 23 April, 2014 @ 1:17 pm   27

PS+ is a rip off for any PS4 owners

zalwelgoedgaan 23 April, 2014 @ 1:30 pm

This is Sony’s way of convincing people to buy a Vita for its PS+ content. HAR.

LendMeYourVoice 23 April, 2014 @ 3:07 pm

What did you expect? There are no games to give away for PS4, it came out a few months ago and there have been no big releases yet apart from Infamous. Until developers really kick it into gear and start release real “next” gen titles you’ll see nothing but indie games and time wasters.

Most months the PS3 and Vita titles more than pay for themselves, and we’ve pretty much had every PS4 game available bar Killzone, Knack & Infamous.

frodouk 24 April, 2014 @ 9:52 am

Yawn @Voodoo… seriously, what did you expect? It’s a new system, Sony can’t force publishers to give content away for free. The PS3 started slowly, as did the Vita but now look at th titles available. Same will happen to PS4.

man_utd_xl 24 April, 2014 @ 9:35 pm

It was obvious sony would make Ps plus compulsory for online on the PS4 after the amount of money xbox made, they didn’t have to bring free games over from launch, they could have waited a year then started giving us some of the great indies we’ve already had mixed with the occasional AAA game, plus was never going to have AAA titles on PS4 for the first year, even driveclub was a plus edition so not the full game

zalwelgoedgaan 23 April, 2014 @ 1:17 pm   28

Back when Puppeteer was released for €40, no one felt like buying it or downloading the demo. When it was on sale in the US, people said it would end up on PS+ anyway. Looking at some of the reactions here are… depressing… :/

SpiderMike_X 23 April, 2014 @ 1:17 pm   29

More indie BS for PS4. Shame.

DjangoDiabolik 23 April, 2014 @ 1:17 pm   30

Any chance of the Muramasa DLC going on sale when these come out?

SHEPOWY 23 April, 2014 @ 1:18 pm   31

This is a pretty great update, Will Stick it to the Man be cross buy seeing as it’s on PS3 as well? Also will Uncharted 3, XCOM and LBP Karting be replaced by 3 new games in the June PS Plus update?

Cleggworth 23 April, 2014 @ 1:50 pm

Don’t be silly. it’ll be August before chris shows up with ‘we have no plans to change the long term IGC titles’

man_utd_xl 24 April, 2014 @ 9:38 pm

They normally announce the yearly update game at E3 so i’d assume they’ll get changed either mid june or when Julys content comes out, i wouldn;t be surprised to see them update the vita games aswell, i reckon they wanted to do the vita rotation at the same time as the PS3 all along but due to the vita release date they couldn’t, here’s hoping anyway

kashif_786 23 April, 2014 @ 1:18 pm   32

Will we be getting an update soon on the yearly rotation of the IGC? I’m hoping that’s still a thing considering you decided to cut a game already from the monthly IGC.

Nothing that interests me this month (PS4 and Vita owner)… maybe next month eh?

twenty7LIVES 23 April, 2014 @ 1:19 pm   34

Think I’ll use remote play for Stick it to the man. Looks like it would be much more fun on the vita!

ThePhantomArtist 23 April, 2014 @ 1:19 pm   35

I’ll give Stick it to the Man and Puppeteer a go but that’s it for me this month – not a bad selection, just most not for me

Alexiel-FR 23 April, 2014 @ 1:20 pm   36

great but why on ps4 we only got one inde titles per month ( 90% of them are great but already available on mac PC for years…) and why do each inde title on ps+ on ps4 leave immediatly the instant gamecollection… i do not understand, it a poor offer for those who ows only a ps4 , and you should a least let for example the lateste 3 inde games that cames out on ps+ for ps4…
great for pupetteer tought.

ward1978 23 April, 2014 @ 2:58 pm

It’s unrealistic to expect bigger PS4 titles on PS+ just yet. The PS4 is a new console and doesn’t have a decent games library built up yet to be on par with PS3/Vita PS+ offerings. There’s high demand for games so people are still buying them retail, publishers won’t want to sign PS+ contracts and miss out on overpriced sales that new consoles bring about. Personally, I was surprised to see any PS4 games at all on PS+ since console release.

As for the IGC, if you are already subscribed to PS+ you don’t lose those games if you ‘purchase’ them (for free obviously) when they are available. It doesn’t matter if they leave the IGC or not. As for reasons why they do leave the IGC, I imagine it’s all down to contracts and Sony trying to encourage longer term subscriptions.

man_utd_xl 24 April, 2014 @ 9:40 pm

As ward1978 said, it was surprising to see sony bring the free game service to the PS4 from launch, no one would have complained if they said they’ll bring it in sometime in 2014 to build up a bit of a back catalogue, it makes no sense offering the AAA titles available since they’re all still selling, NFS rivals looks the most likely to be the first full AAA plus game on the 4

Richard93 23 April, 2014 @ 1:20 pm   37

Some months are better than other. You have to take the rough with the smooth. Make of this month what you will, but at least try the content first.

Vashetti 23 April, 2014 @ 1:20 pm   38

More RPGs please. I can’t be the only one who wants them.

You aren’t. I’m also disappointed that the Vita (sorry Muramasa!) still got no real RPG at all. And the PS3, with Dragon’s Dogma, just one since last summer.

Vashetti 23 April, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

One of the Tales games would be nice. Ni No Kuni is clearly destined for Plus at some point after all the sales.

RedMustang72 23 April, 2014 @ 2:13 pm

I think Kingdoms of Amalur & New Little King’s might make that summer cut off…but I agree, more RPGs would be welcome.

blackout_pt 23 April, 2014 @ 2:14 pm

@Vashetti and @Golwar RPG are pretty much the only games I enjoy on the go (vita). I’ve check the trailer and gameplay of Muramasa and frankly, it will be enough to when I’m either bored or without net connection for Destiny Spirits.
    @Chris, please bring us a big shot RPG like Valhalla Knights 3, Ragnarok or Ys memories of Calceta. Please stay away from psp RPGs (some are decent, but vita is a top of the line console, deserves their equals in games, but if you need to go psp to gives RPG than consider “Trails in the Sky”, “Spectral Souls”, Valkyria II” and “Tales of” franchise).
    Thank you for you attention.

dark_angel69 23 April, 2014 @ 2:44 pm

Chris didn’t reply to my comment about the tales games to say if it’s safe or not to buy. Perhaps that could be a sign!! :D Maybe around the release of Xillia 2 we could get one. Well I hope so anyway. I’d much rather have an JRPG instead of an RPG. The japs sure do make the best!

@blackout_pt
    I’d love to see Ys memories of Calceta coming to ps+ but I think it’s way too soon for that. There was a deal of it on hotukdeals so I asked my GAME stores about it and all of them are out of stock. They said it’s hard to come by so it seems the game is still quite popular at the moment. Don’t see it appearing on ps+ for quite some time. But I agree with staying away from psp games.

man_utd_xl 24 April, 2014 @ 9:45 pm

i think ni no kuni will appear on the yearly rotation games, it’s got so cheap that it makes sense, wouldn’t have been surprised to see TLOU but now they’ve announced a PS4 version it wouldn’t make much sense

@golwar i think the problem with putting vita RPGs on plus is they’re all still selling pretty well and the developers have apparently turned down requests and offers for them to be on plus, when more start coming out i hope to see a couple appear, disgea 3 would be nice (give muramasa a try, you’ll be surprised how good it is, it’s very similar to dragons crown)

@man_utd_xl
    Thanks, I know that many love Dragon’s Crown but I never tried it. Fighting games are the one genre that I can describe with 100% certainty as unpleasant experiences for me. That some RPG-ish elements are added, doesn’t change too much.

Puppeteer looks really fun. Don’t think Payday 2 is my cup of tea though…

Some suggestions for PS+ in the future:

Dead space 3
Saints row IV
Playstation all star battle royale
Rayman Legends
Beyond two souls
The Last of Us
Crysis 3
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Batman Arkham Origins
Assassins Creed Liberation HD
Persona IV Golden

Chris Howe 23 April, 2014 @ 1:44 pm

Nice list, unfortunately a few of those (I obviously can’t say which) we have tried on numerous occasions to get into PS Plus without success. It doesn’t mean we won’t in the future though.

zalwelgoedgaan 23 April, 2014 @ 1:52 pm

- Dead Space 3 could be a possibility, EA is pretty generous with EU +
    - We’ve had Saints Row 2 and 3 on PS+, so IV might be possible, maybe once the sequel is announced.
    - Chances are high that PSASBR is the next yearly title, because it recently got a major balance patch that didn’t fix anything.
    - There are rumors that Beyond Two Souls is getting a PS4 remaster edition, so I don’t think that’ll happen. It’s weird that it’s still full price on US store compared to €40 here.
    - The Last of Us, same as Beyond Two Souls
    - Crysis 3, same as Dead Space 3. We’ve also had 2, that makes it more possible.
    - Splinter Cell Blacklist, Ubisoft can be generous as well with their big titles.
    - Batman, maybe once a lot of DLC is out, I don’t know how the next gen-only sequel will affect this game for +.
    - Liberation Vita or HD, both are possible.
    - Persona IV G, not sure. This game seems to sell Vitas. Maybe they’ll do it before Persona 5 is released next year.

dark_angel69 23 April, 2014 @ 1:54 pm

I would maybe take PlayStation All stars out of the list or even put it last if there’s nothing better. Before the sale I was interested in that game for PS+ so I bought it. Sadly the online is a disgrace. It’s a great game and everyone should play it but it’s very hard to get a decent game online. There is far too many disconnecting issues with it. Great for single player or playing offline with friends. Just not great for online.

Truefolder 23 April, 2014 @ 2:36 pm

Just please no Dead Space 3. Other than that, great list – I agree!

Truefolder 23 April, 2014 @ 2:38 pm

Hey Chris/Fred,

Do you guys have any plans for PS+ membership deals, like buy ’12-month get 3-month free’ sort of stuff?

Thanks!

there was big talk about Persona a few months ago I’m guessing that is one of the ones they couldn’t get nailed down

man_utd_xl 24 April, 2014 @ 9:48 pm

i’m pretty sure it was said not long ago that the publishers wouldn’t allow persona 4 golden to be on plus, i got it a few weeks ago with my vita and it would make a great yearly rotation game, ps all stars is almost certainly gunna be one of the PS3 rotation games, i wouldn’t be surprised to see rayman or saints row on plus soon, i think there’s next to no chance of the last of us being offered either, especially with the PS4 remaster coming soon, it’s still selling pretty well on PS3, i can see there being a fuss aswell if persona or TLOU are offered since they were on the 12 deals of christmas and a massive fuss made made when games were on plus shortly after a massive discount

nero-2082 23 April, 2014 @ 1:22 pm   40

seems like PS+ quality dropped when you included online gaming for PS4 in it, lineup is diabolical – poor games for every platform, not even one huge PS3 game in it which you always seemed to get – not anymore I guess

first month in years when I’m considering cancelling this service, it’s that bad

bubble_boy01 23 April, 2014 @ 2:03 pm

Matter of opinion @nero-2082, I would say this is one of the best months in a while, certainly a long way from diabolical. Just out of interest care to share specifically what you find so poor about all the games? I’m assuming you’ve played most of them or just calling them all poor would be ill-informed and unfair. I’m genuinely interested if you’ve got some experience with the games

And @Voodoo_341, there isn’t a bigger sook on this blog. PS+ offers games that are roughly ~1 year old. If you could drop this delusion that you’re entitled to AAA ps4 games a month or two after release that would be great

Cha0s00789 23 April, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

I am in complete denial of your comment. Puppeteer is huge for me, its one of the best recent PS3 exclusives and the PS Vita line up is superb too. Muramasa and Everydays Golf are both retail games and highly acclaimed.

I feel like we have been too spoiled by how good the PS+ offerings are.

Cha0s00789 23 April, 2014 @ 4:15 pm

For the record, I am still playing Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen (platinumed!) and Demon Souls from time to time even after completing them and those games were both given to me by PS+. Heck I have yet to touch PES14, Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2 and DmC.

man_utd_xl 24 April, 2014 @ 9:59 pm

muramasa and puppeter have been requested quite a lot so i wouldn’t exactly call it diabolical, you do realize sony can’t just put whatever games they want up, a lot of the times they have a list of games they want and all the developers say no so they end up having to go to the backups, sometimes even they get turned down

surely you have a backlog of plus games to get through still, there’s been some amazing games given throughout the years including some brilliant and time consuming RPGs, i’ve still yet to get around to playing any of the plus games from the last few months aswell as a lot of the older titles including DMC, been trying to get around to playing it for ages

PIREDERAS 23 April, 2014 @ 1:23 pm   41

Very nice update! Puppeteer and Muramasa are highlights.

Is Stick it to the Man PS4 cross-buy, along with the PS3/Vita versions?

loop_the_luke 23 April, 2014 @ 1:24 pm   42

Hi fred will the yearly ps plus games be changing next month? (Uncharted 3, LBP karting, etc.) And if so can we be looking forward to a ps4 title being added to that cycle?

Ramases_Niblick 23 April, 2014 @ 1:24 pm   43

Interesting selection. Need to finish some games on my Vita to make room for those 2. Also way behind on my PS3 games. Good job I don’t have a PS4 as well….. Yet ;-)

DoYouLikeMyID 23 April, 2014 @ 1:26 pm   44

Now that’s a great lineup! Excellent job this month! :D

Dreadaxe 23 April, 2014 @ 1:27 pm   45

No game I’d be very interested in, will give Puppeteer and Muramasa Rebirth a go but it’s a rather poor month.

CyraxPT 23 April, 2014 @ 1:31 pm   46

Why not 2 indie games for ps4 since the other plataforms also get 2 games each? This is what i don’t get it, i do understand that it will take some time to see ps4 retail games on ps+, what i don’t get is why PS4 actually requires ps+ to play online and you only get 1 indie game available when the other plataforms have free online play and get more games.
I know that the amount of games available are smaller but i also know that they are enough for at least 2 games a month, Sony could go for an extra effort for the early adopters….

cowbanana 23 April, 2014 @ 1:32 pm   47

Nice, finally a month with some games that interest me. I never got around to playing Puppeteer, so getting it on PS+ is great. I’m looking forward to playing the game. Payday 2 also looks worth a shot.

I have a physical US import of Muramasa, so getting a digital EU version is nice and I gain compatibility with the EU PSN DLC.

Lunastra78 23 April, 2014 @ 1:36 pm   48

Is Everybody’s Golf cross-buy and playable on PS3? I see some info online that the US version (Hotshots Golf World Invitational) is playable on PS3 and Vita with the purchase of one version.

stathmos 23 April, 2014 @ 1:36 pm   49

Great update, only game I’m not interested in is Payday 2, thanks!

Great line up this month Chris!!! :)

Although i wont get an answer…is it possible to see the following VITA games on IGC any time soon?

- Little Big Planet
- Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
- Epic Mickey 2
- Fifa 14 (after PES 2014 showed up last month why not dream ? :) )
- Broken Sword : Serpent´s Curse Ep.1 & Ep.2

just another 2 quick questions to you Chris(second one is probably more for Fred).

1 – Is it possible to use the kratos character from the PS3 version in the VITA version?

2 – Why is the blog not accesible from the Playstation App anymore?

Keep up the good work!! :)

Chris Howe 23 April, 2014 @ 1:52 pm

I’d say never say never apart from FIFA 14 probably haha! But unfortuantely I can’t really comment on what’s coming.

Just spoke to Fred and he is going to jump in here in a sec regarding the App

BigBoyBanksy 23 April, 2014 @ 1:53 pm

Thinking about it Fifa 14 for the Vita is a realistic title. I have the first fifa vita title from a couple of years back. That game is great but never brought the last two because from what I’ve heard your paying £30-£40 just for the new kits.
    Surely Fifa 14 on vita has sales as bad as PES 2014 on PS3, certainly worth Fred and co to have a go at getting it on PS+ some time soon

Fred Dutton 23 April, 2014 @ 1:54 pm

We’re working on plans to bring Blog to the new app, but I’m afraid I can’t make any promises at present. As/when I’ve got more concrete news, I’ll be sure to pass it on.

pinkplaybunny 23 April, 2014 @ 3:03 pm

But the blog was on the new app, why has that page gone back to saying coming soon?

Load all