Posted 3:30pm

Cel Damage HD lands on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita next week

Finish Line Games’ classic car combat game arrives on 14th May

Hello PlayStation Friends in Europe, the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand! I’m Daniel Posner of Finish Line Games, developer of Cel Damage HD, reaching out to you from Toronto. Finally, the wait is over: Cel Damage HD is coming out on 14th May, 2014!

We are really excited to be releasing this timeless classic on the PlayStation Store as a Cross-Buy for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita!

1CDHD-4P-03

Offering intense cartoon vehicle combat, Cel Damage HD allows you to control 10 crazy characters as they smash, crash, and demolish the competition. There’s more than 30 over-the-top weapons in Smack Attack [Deathmatch], Flag Rally [a Capture-the-flag variant], or Gate Relay [checkpoint-style race] across 13 fully-interactive cartoon environments.

In addition to being a Cross-Buy title, Cel Damage HD supports Cross-Save, so you can pick up where you left off on any system. Play on PS Vita to master Cel Damage HD in single-player on the go, then go destroy your friends in 2-4 player split-screen multiplayer on PS4 and PS3.

2CDHD-1P-01

Cel Damage HD truly shines in split-screen play. This game brings back the shout-out-loud couch chaos gaming experiences of a cherished era — now in full High-Def goodness!

Cel Damage HD will be released for only €8.99 — just purchase once and you can download and play it on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita. We’re also offering a 10% discount for PlayStation Plus members at launch! So get ready for some classic couch-based multiplayer action!

We hope you enjoy the fruits of our labour; we certainly had a great experience working with the PlayStation team to bring Cel Damage HD into the world. And be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to get all the latest news and updates!

3CDHD-1P-02

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

18 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

chrisboers 9 May, 2014 @ 3:40 pm   1

I read a lot of positive things in this blogpost! Cross-buy! Cross-save! PS Plus discount! local Co-op! Split-Screen! Great work on this. And may 14th? That’s next week already! Count me enthusiastic.

link1983 9 May, 2014 @ 4:11 pm   2

SOLD!!! I will be purchasing on Wednesday. That price is fantastic. Cross buy and cross save too plus a brilliant video that captures my feelings on Multiplayer :D I am a happy man :D

pb-live 9 May, 2014 @ 4:29 pm   3

Fond memories of the GameCube version and loved the PS2 sequel so this will be an instant buy for me.

Ansity 9 May, 2014 @ 4:35 pm   4

I played this for hours on my PS2, really excited for this, I can’t wait :)
Good to see the old maps coming back aswell :D

Finally! I have some very fond memories of the PS2 version.

ThugETH 9 May, 2014 @ 4:56 pm   6

I had it on the OG Xbox. Ok game.

MikLSP 9 May, 2014 @ 7:09 pm   7

Spent many Kaye nights on this on the PS2 but I was hoping for online multiplayer to play with friends / relatives who are not sat in the room.

JHammer99 9 May, 2014 @ 10:16 pm   8

This looks awesome cannot wait to try it out been having a great time with sports friends on the old multiplayer front atm check it out http://youtu.be/N6awK0Ouyfg

RossMilner 9 May, 2014 @ 10:22 pm   9

Best news ever!!!!

JinkJones 10 May, 2014 @ 2:25 am   10

I dont want to be negative but may i ask is there no multiplayer AT ALL on the vita ? Im buying it regardless as i have all 3 consoles but would be nice to know.

Tijder 10 May, 2014 @ 4:21 pm   11

Great news!

dobrevstella 10 May, 2014 @ 9:07 pm   12

guys, ive been looking for PS 3 game like Bubble Shooter http://thebubbleshooter.net/ for a while, something similar only a larger scale, the game above is a simple flash game, but I know there are better versions of Bubble Shooter available to play on Facebook… But I couldn’t find anything for PS 3…

Karuchi-gm 12 May, 2014 @ 2:23 pm   13

YES! FINALLY!
I know what I’ll be doing this weekend!

Daniel Posner 12 May, 2014 @ 5:25 pm   14

Thank you all for the great comments and kind words. We are really excited for launch this Wednesday!

Karuchi-gm 19 May, 2014 @ 12:50 am

Have been playing the game for about an hour now, and it’s really hard to get used to the health bar. I think my friends will welcome the addition, but I prefer the original way myself. It was more chaotic and just felt right.
    I will be playing the heck out of this, but I’m hoping for some improvements in the future! (I’d love an “original mode,” online multiplayer – and proper widescreen would be super nice!)

Rudiimentalist 13 May, 2014 @ 12:04 am   15

One of my favourite PS2 games, especially in split screen. Will be buying this!

aeonlord92 16 May, 2014 @ 11:25 am   16

Bought! But as much as I love it, I can’t help but prefer the Gamecube/Xbox version over the PS2 version (which this a port of) The game worked better when each weapon had it’s own effect, as in the GC version, rather than just chipping away at a health bar. It made the weapons more exclusive, like if you wanted a weapon to just pound away at enemies and get smacks you got the boxing gloves or the baseball bat, or if you wanted to slice and dice them you got the axe or chainsaw, etc. I know it won’t happen, but if somehow this feature could be added back in this game would be truly perfect