Posted 29 May

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare is coming soon to PS4

In full 1080p/60fps, with two DLC expansions included

Greetings PlayStation fans! Ever since we announced Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare at E3 last year, we’ve frequently heard the question: “When is PvZ Garden Warfare coming to PlayStation?” I’m ecstatic to finally be able to answer that question, as we’ve just announced that PvZ Garden Warfare is coming to PS3 and PS4 on 21st August, 2014 (22nd August in UK and Ireland)! PlayStation fans will also be able to experience the Garden Variety and Zomboss Down content expansion content from day one!

PS Garden Warfare Assets_action

We’re especially excited for fans to experience Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare on PS4, where it will be playable at a native 1080p resolution and blazing fast 60 frames per second. Additionally, PvZ Garden Warfare on PS4 will also be playable via Remote Play on the PS Vita, giving players the option to take the fun of PvZ Garden Warfare on the go!

For support-minded players, the popular Boss Mode feature will also be playable as a companion experience on mobile devices via the PlayStation App. Lastly but certainly not least, split screen co-op will be available on PS4.

Shooters are about to get weird on Playstation. We look forward to playing Garden Warfare with all of you this August!

DN_011 DN_020DN_CO-OP_004

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

35 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

July would have been better but atleast it’s releasing. Will the PS4 version have 4player couch offline multiplayer?

SauRoN_ZA 29 May, 2014 @ 2:14 pm

I was about to ask if there would be any split screen, but 4 player would be even better.

Does the XO version have 4-player split screen?

SHEPOWY 29 May, 2014 @ 2:08 pm   2

we’ve frequently heard the question: “When is PvZ Garden Warfare coming to PlayStation?”. Not as frequently as when is PvZ 2 coming to Playstation i imagine :P But my actual question is will the trophies for this game be similar to the Xbox Achievements? Also, will the pricing for the game be the same as it was for Xbox One? I don’t want EA charging PS4 owners a premium again thanks :P Great news though, i’ll look forward to its release :D

Nistelroy78 29 May, 2014 @ 2:09 pm   3

Video is Private

ScTrilogy 29 May, 2014 @ 2:09 pm   4

Haha, no. I’m not supporting you because this timed-exclusive crap you did.

Rastamadeus 29 May, 2014 @ 2:13 pm

But you’d be happy to buy times exclusive games that are on PlayStation first I imagine…

fps_d0minat0r 29 May, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

@ Rastamadeus
    Most the games that appear on PS but not xbox are because MS shot themselves in the foot with their parity clause, not because the developers were sellouts like EA – no offense, but its true.

Liamario 29 May, 2014 @ 2:10 pm   5

That Xbone exclusivity arrangement- bit of a waste of time really.

pinkplaybunny 29 May, 2014 @ 2:12 pm   6

Yay, looking forward to this!

hayzink 29 May, 2014 @ 2:14 pm   7

I’m looking forward to this, I hate fps games but love 3rd person so I have always been looking forward to the day this came to ps4.

Hurry up with peggle 2 as well

Koki_Monster 29 May, 2014 @ 2:18 pm   8

“Additionally, PvZ Garden Warfare on PS4 will also be playable via Remote Play on the PS Vita, giving players the option to take the fun of PvZ Garden Warfare on the go!”

No, a standalone Vita version would give players the chance to play “on the go”. Remote Play gives you the option of streaming the PS4 game to the PS Vita when you have a WiFi connection, and doesn’t work very well unless you’re in the same room as the PS4.

Vashetti 29 May, 2014 @ 2:22 pm

Yeah I shook my head at that.

Remote Play is not an excuse not to port your game. Native is always better than a streamed version.

Arion87 29 May, 2014 @ 2:20 pm   9

Please release Plants vs Zombies 2 on Vita, and on ps4 as well would be great!
Spent so many hours getting platinum for pvz 1 on Vita

Finka_Karfein 29 May, 2014 @ 4:24 pm

THIS! Versions for PS3/PS4/Vita – even without a cross-buy I’d buy it on all platforms. Buy the game, not the in-game piece of … Do it like the iOS version!

So this is that XboxOne exclusive that didn’t think PlayStationStation wasn’t good enough fort thier game.
Thanks but no thanks, don’t like to be treated second class.

Phoenixology 29 May, 2014 @ 2:29 pm

Was intended to be released on the PS4 anyway. Was an Xbone exclusive because of $$$.

Aye, it leaves a bad taste of PS players when developers do it. And look at something else, Xbox timed exclusives swarm into PS, but games like Warframe, which was supposed to be exclusive for 3 months, well, not so much the other way.

Phoenixology 29 May, 2014 @ 2:28 pm   11

This could be good. Obviously shame it wasn’t released at the same time as the Xbone but for me personally there’s not much else released in August so good timing!

Carl-G 29 May, 2014 @ 2:31 pm   12

I find it hard to buy ex-Xbox games :D (or games that have been on the Xbox 1st) Anyway ‘Titanfall’ next i bet… :D

NoddingPenguin 29 May, 2014 @ 2:31 pm   13

Awesome! But now it’s time to bug you about Peggle 2. I WANT PEGGLE 2.

Dernholm 29 May, 2014 @ 2:32 pm   14

Yay split-screen!^^ You guys rock!

ekipaextract 29 May, 2014 @ 2:41 pm   15

I hope no one will buy this. Maybe next time EA will think twice before they screw PS players.

INS1GHTFUL 29 May, 2014 @ 2:44 pm   16

awesome. i was going to get it on PC but I’ll wait for PS4.

Rastamadeus 29 May, 2014 @ 2:45 pm   17

What are you moaning about? This has *always* happened. Back in the ’90s the number of Sega gamers wanting Street Fighter II on their Mega Drives, envious of their SNES-owning friends, was gigantic. Nothing to do with second class or developers thinking the game wasn’t good enough for PlayStation. Sometime wonder why fanboys are given bad names. Comments like yours make me realise why.

Rastamadeus 29 May, 2014 @ 2:46 pm

That was to OttoT (comment ten) by the way. Stupid blog won’t let me reply for some reason

hayzink 29 May, 2014 @ 2:58 pm   18

So what if its an ex timed exclusive if its fun

irve77 29 May, 2014 @ 3:08 pm   19

good to know this is coming to PS4.

It looks fun so might give it a go

MrEibmoz 29 May, 2014 @ 3:27 pm   20

DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!

……..get Peggle 2 on there instead!

Envirasu 29 May, 2014 @ 3:41 pm   21

If it has anywhere near as much charm as the main PvZ game, I’m interested. Also, yeah, PvZ2 on PS consoles would be greatly appreciated. :D

bond4ever007 29 May, 2014 @ 4:20 pm   22

So the game will be available as retail and digital download?

ThugETH 29 May, 2014 @ 4:31 pm   23

Does the PS4 version have all of the microtransaction nonsense too?

Ok, to PopCap’s defence, the blame should really go more towards EA, since they are the ones capable of selling out players for money.

Terarded 30 May, 2014 @ 8:49 am   25

Please oh please let this be a ps plus title.

n-o-o-b97 7 June, 2014 @ 5:20 am

pls don’t cause if that happens none of the plus subscriber won’t be able to play this game

MilesNoctis 31 May, 2014 @ 8:03 am   26

Finally! I don’t care about what other people think, I’m a fan of PvZ. I almost bought an Xbox One just for this (how stupid).