Posted 10 June

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PlayStation 4

Square Enix is working on a new version of its fan favourite

UPDATE: Correction – this post originally stated Final Fantasy Type-O HD is in development for PS Vita. It is in fact in development for PS4.

I would like to start this out by thanking everyone who let us know how badly you wanted this game. Ever since the original PlayStation Portable release in Japan, you guys have never given up on it, raising your voices in an effort to see this title come to North America and Europe. Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s coming and it’s going to be in HD. Stay tuned for more details in the future.

FFtype0_01_1080

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

272 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Daft-Eng 10 June, 2014 @ 8:06 pm   1

No Idea If I should be excited for this, but given the amount of people I’ve heard screaming for It over the years, I’m excited!

Holy.. god damn I don’t know what to say, this is awesome!

Yes!!! Yes!!! I love it! Even imported the Japanese version on PSP but the language was way to advanced for me. So thank you, finally!!

PS, sell me the most awesome Limited edition ever made, please!!

Ha, few hours ago people whined that Sony left Vita to die. Such great news! Thanks for listening, #JRPGVita was a success! :)

Archacus 10 June, 2014 @ 8:15 pm

One swallow doesn’t make a summer

Is it that bad that we want more games for our Vitas? But I hope for retail version… just like they did with FF X/X2.

XDerKleineX 10 June, 2014 @ 8:22 pm

You’re assuming that everyone only wants jrpgs though…

Archacus 10 June, 2014 @ 8:45 pm

It was too good to be true….

It is going to for VITA but PS4 and XBONE?! Did Square enix gone mad? PSP game on next gen consoles?! MADNESS

Great success… The one detail is it’s NOT COMING to PS Vita, but to PS4 and Xbox One. Thank you so f***ing much, Sony!

Yeah, that one went pretty well. The most requested game from #JRPGVita and then they manage such a mistake. If they at least would support the Vita too … but nope.

ShonanJunaiGumi 10 June, 2014 @ 8:09 pm   5

It’s happening!

Maverick81PL 10 June, 2014 @ 8:10 pm   6

Awesome!!!

ShonanJunaiGumi 10 June, 2014 @ 8:10 pm   7

Glad I don’t have to pirate this with the fan translation anymore. Take my money Square

Archacus 10 June, 2014 @ 8:10 pm   8

Physical or not physical… this is the question whether buy or not to buy.

YES! I was so hoping SE would announce something for Vita, and this!
Megaton!
OK SE, you’re a (little) forgiven for no FFXV!

This should have so been at the conference… Powers can be there, but not a Vita megaton like this?!

AlexYindor 10 June, 2014 @ 8:11 pm   10

Gee, what a coincidence this is announced just a day or so after the fan translation.

Both Square and Sony dropped the ball with this so hard it’s insane. This could have been a system seller. Now it barely gets a blurb during E3.

Archacus 10 June, 2014 @ 8:29 pm

Yup silly decision was silly… I think they should apologize to fans translating it… I mean now with official release they time was totally wasted… they did it for nothing. We waited for so long… for something that was “sure” to be released in EU/US… I mean… who the hell made decision to wait for so long?! He should lose his job for not recognizing market and demand.

Archacus 10 June, 2014 @ 8:35 pm

Edit… ha ha ha yeah right

their*

Leo-DarkSide 10 June, 2014 @ 8:11 pm   11

jarekmasta 10 June, 2014 @ 8:12 pm   12

Checked to see if it’s not April Fools today… This is such a great news! And so sudden, almost when all hope was lost! So excited now!!

jarekmasta 10 June, 2014 @ 11:19 pm

Yeah, it’s worse than April Fools…total disappointment. If we can play PS4 games on Vita’s screen why not just make this for Vita too =/ It’s just a psp port…

Neolaguna 10 June, 2014 @ 8:12 pm   13

I can only say: O M G

ThugETH 10 June, 2014 @ 8:13 pm   14

Faith in humanity: Restored!

Nesther 10 June, 2014 @ 8:13 pm   15

It’s also on PS4 and XBone

Kresnik258 10 June, 2014 @ 8:15 pm   16

Firstly let me get this out of the way: OMG DAY 1.

Secondly… why now? Seriously, Square. Days after the fan translation. Why not take steps to stop that if you knew this was coming?

Finka_Karfein 10 June, 2014 @ 8:17 pm   17

Was just going to say how failed E3 was for me but now it gives hope. Not only it’s going to be localized but remade into HD! Thanks!

Now, please, some Yakuza love… Or much love, like 6 titles announced :)

jnanaki 10 June, 2014 @ 8:18 pm   18

Shut up and take my money, Square. You make me very happy.

Archacus 10 June, 2014 @ 8:19 pm   19

Sorry for the hijacking

Guys check one Playstation E3 2014 Press Conference – Vita Sizzle on youtube for more Vita games… just noticed it.

CloudBelmont 10 June, 2014 @ 8:20 pm   20

Dam Sony, you killed me after those amazing announced, you murderer!!!

theodor70941 10 June, 2014 @ 8:22 pm   21

Why wasn’t this on the E3 steam, more people would’ve seen it if it was present…!?!

Vashetti 10 June, 2014 @ 8:23 pm   22

YES!!! Stupid to not include this at the Sony Stream doh. But hey it’s Sony logic and have they ever made sence about the psvita.

Archacus 10 June, 2014 @ 8:25 pm   24

Btw. did you noticed one funny thing?

This thread will probably have way more user replies than most of previous stuff. This exactly shows how “little” playstation fans care about Vita… and it proves how “great” decision it was to omit Vita on main event…

Zontas-GR 10 June, 2014 @ 8:26 pm   25

Press release according to various sources mention PS4 version and not PS Vita, others mention both. Can anyonye please clear this confusion…

lumoplusjess 10 June, 2014 @ 8:27 pm   26

Why the hell was this not in the conference! Its one of the big names that the vita needed. If only sony supported it with first party big names.

Please say that Kingdom hearts 2.5 is coming to vita next.

very very good newsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

charmoyl 10 June, 2014 @ 8:29 pm   28

I am in utter disbelief! This is amazing news! The Sony press conference was terrible for Vita. But this one piece of news just makes everything okay again. Thanks :)

Witcher70 10 June, 2014 @ 8:30 pm   29

AWESOME !!!!!!

mugen-noesis 10 June, 2014 @ 8:30 pm   30

please please please be ps tv compatible, o please by all that is sacred, i want this on my tv

heubergen1 10 June, 2014 @ 8:31 pm   31

Thats just amazing! Im speakless, after your press-event I thought you ignor the vita. Now the hopes come back.

sentry-23 10 June, 2014 @ 8:33 pm   32

So, Vita, or PS4, as mentioned in the updated US post?

inspi_jpg 10 June, 2014 @ 8:33 pm   33

WAITING FOR THIS NEWS FOR YEARS! T_T

SGTSTEELFACE 10 June, 2014 @ 8:34 pm   34

SHAHID MEGATON! this makes up for all the **** SCEA gave to the vita yesterday.

JorporMark 10 June, 2014 @ 8:36 pm   35

“Update: An earlier headline for this post stated that Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PS Vita, which was incorrect. Type-0 is coming to PS4 in North America and Europe.” – Just posted on the US Blog. Seriously Square/Sony. You hate us Vita players. I just lost all faith in you. F you guys.

AlexYindor 10 June, 2014 @ 8:36 pm   36

And now it’s not coming to Vita at all.

Good job, guys.

andrewsqual 10 June, 2014 @ 8:36 pm   37

Eh is this correct Sakura or a misprint as the press release on the Square Press Website says it is coming to PS4 and Xbox One and NO MENTION of Vita or even last gen systems. Plus Agito is coming to mobile devices (meh).

JoeB423 10 June, 2014 @ 8:36 pm   38

Not coming to Vita..

Shikome 10 June, 2014 @ 8:38 pm   39

About time.

Archacus 10 June, 2014 @ 8:40 pm   40

No Vita… only PS4

Excuse me for vulgar words not fitting gentelman

but

NSFW
F*** YOU SQUARE ENIX
/NSFW

SGTSTEELFACE 10 June, 2014 @ 8:41 pm   41

IT WAS A LIE ITS FOR PS4 and XBONE ……so much contempt now

andrewsqual 10 June, 2014 @ 8:43 pm   42

And here I was about to compliment Square Enix for actually doing something right for the first time in 7 years and then this mistake gets posted. You guys are one of the worse Publishers out there for communication.
Seriously how could you make such a monumental mistake with a simple post?

Lance_87 10 June, 2014 @ 8:44 pm   43

LOL they don’t even know what platforms they’re releasing this game for…

novurdim 10 June, 2014 @ 8:44 pm   44

Yeah, I’d like to say that I’ll also hate you all if it’s not coming to vita. That’s just plain stupid.

Daft-Eng 10 June, 2014 @ 8:46 pm   45

So…It’s not coming to Vita?…I would like to retract my previous excitement…

Carnibeetle56 10 June, 2014 @ 8:47 pm   46

GUYS make a riot! sony and square enix! Frist they said will come to PSvita and then its not coming? SERIOUS?! its like they are joking with us players this game started in psp and ps vita cant handle!? WOW JUST WOW! PS4 have already a TON of exclusives and now this! IM SO MAD! GOD! E3 conference joking with vita players and now this crushing dreams! I did like you sony… but now… forget it… i will never forget… what they are doing this 2 days… we shall never forget! companies just want our money they dont care about us! thank you sony…. serious…. thank… you…. bye…

hu_rDAVE 10 June, 2014 @ 8:49 pm   47

Okay, i will buy a ps vita…

er1234gio 10 June, 2014 @ 8:49 pm   48

Thanks for the Great Vita Support. Again.

Sigh….I retract my statement. My hype disappeared as soon as US “corrected” to PS4 and XBO only.

Even the Vita version of FFX sold more than LR on 360. Does that not tell you anything?

Oh boy oh boy oohhh boy I can’t wait, bout time SE now bring me FF12 HD, Vagrant Story, Chrono Trigger/Cross, KH 1.5/2.5 & a new FF on the Vita (to EU of course) in I’ll be super happy

I’d buy all these games day 1 if they were remade up to Vita standards, with trophies, etc. Just like I bought FFX/X-2

Ok now I’m just sad SE, no Vita version!? Blah you suck! Now I’ll never get to see FF12 HD, Vagrant Story, Chrono Trigger/Cross, KH 1.5/2.5 & a new FF on the Vita oh and FF7CC as I see you love to disappoint your fans. In best way to do that is do the opposite to what your fans want, another sad day for the FF series.

Load all