Posted 7:56pm

Destiny’s PlayStation-exclusive content detailed

Get Destiny on PS4 or PS3, get an exclusive Strike, Crucible map, gear, weapons, ships and more

During last week’s PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference, you might remember the illustrious Adam Boyes noting that PlayStation owners were set to receive a ton of exclusive Destiny content – literally too much to detail in the show itself. Now that the E3 hubbub has died down, I asked Bungie and the PlayStation elders to share those details right here on PlayStation.Blog for the first time.

At launch, PS4 and PS3 owners will get exclusive access to a unique co-op Strike located on Mars, an exclusive competitive map, and a slew of exclusive guns, gear, and ships. Read on for the full details below. Oh, and if you tried out Destiny’s PS4-exclusive First Look Alpha over the weekend, let us know what you think in the comments below!

Destiny Exclusive ContentDestiny Exclusive Content

The Dust Palace Strike – An exclusive three-player cooperative Strike that can be played with friends or match made. You’ll track a Cabal extraction team through the husks of an ancient human skyscraper, the Dust Palace, buried in the shifting dunes of Mars and face a new enemy, the Psion Flayers.

The Exodus Blue Competitive Multiplayer Map – A mid-sized Crucible arena that pairs perfectly with Control and Skirmish game modes. The Exodus Blue, a long-dead vessel, once brought hope and humanity to worlds beyond Earth. Here, Guardians challenge one another, forging a new hope and future in the fires of the Crucible.

Destiny Exclusive Content Destiny Exclusive ContentDestiny Exclusive Content

Gear

• For the Warlock class, Manifold Seeker armor which was built to help Warlocks survive the secret realms of the Vex.
  • For the Titan class, Vanir, a battle-tested armor set forged to protect Titans against the heavy firepower of the Cabal.
  • For the Hunter class, Argus, a durable all-environment wire-weave for those out to scout the frontier.
Destiny Exclusive ContentDestiny Exclusive Content

Weapons

• The Monte Carlo, an exotic assault rifle, is a handcrafted showpiece with a sleek look that masks the cruel reality of its function – the efficient elegant delivery of war against any who would tarnish its legacy. Upgrades increase the weapon’s “hip fire” effectiveness and boost melee cool down, providing a firm grounding for close range domination.
  • The Hawkmoon, an exotic hand cannon, is a true gunslinger’s weapon – a smooth sidearm that makes every bullet count with intricate “hawk feather” etchings carved into the weapon’s silvered barrel. Damage boosts increase the weapon’s combat effectiveness, making it a formidable weapon.
Destiny Exclusive Content Destiny Exclusive ContentDestiny Exclusive Content

Ships

“Aurora Wake”
A hull lined with arcane instruments, crafted by a circle of Warlocks – gifting the ship with a preternatural sense for the strange.

“Crypt Hammer”
A deep-strike insertion variant, built to carry Guardians safely through contested space. Carries hardpoints once used to hold Suros TL-SEAD anti-radiation missiles.

“Outrageous Fortune”
A rugged, versatile explorer for those ready to gamble everything in search of ancient secrets and alien power.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

69 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

bilalsouda 16 June, 2014 @ 8:03 pm   1

can’t wait to get my hands on it

JACK__BAUER_24 16 June, 2014 @ 8:06 pm   2

Played alpha over weekend look foward to the full game

Yeah, I’ve decided to buy Destiny after playing Alpha. Loved it.

playforever12 16 June, 2014 @ 8:08 pm   3

The game is a blast! I couldn’t put it down! Can’t wait for the public beta on July 17th and the final game on September 9th!

STIGEVEN 16 June, 2014 @ 8:09 pm   4

Please give this to Xbox players as well! Exclusive games are all good, but exclusive content is weak! They pay the full price for the game, so they deserve the full game with all the content developed for it.

TKC-Muzzer 16 June, 2014 @ 8:27 pm

Wrong site my friend…….

halftone84 16 June, 2014 @ 8:38 pm

Like the BF4 timed exclusive content on xbox ? And didn’t Ghosts also have timed dlc for the xbox ?

DpEs3407 16 June, 2014 @ 8:38 pm

erhem, playstation players payed full price for COD but still got all the content a month later than xbox, payback time! >:D

STIGEVEN 16 June, 2014 @ 8:47 pm

Yeah Microsoft might be cunning too, that doesn’t mean Sony has to be =D
    I’d rather have them pay Bungie to have the entire game to be an exclusive on Playstation =)

Pure_Mind_Games 17 June, 2014 @ 2:20 am

You clearly own both systems, so I don’t see the problem, just get it on the system that has the exclusive content.

JoeTheMadman 16 June, 2014 @ 8:13 pm   5

You guys make it so difficult to have to wait!!! It all looks awesome.

Archacus 16 June, 2014 @ 8:19 pm   6

SCEA on SCEE blog?! weird…

But I have one thing to say… I can’t wait to play Destiny… but I don’t like idea of exclusive DLCs or exclusive items… if game is not exclusive for one type of console than content should be exactly the same on each consol! Take a look at CD Projekt policy to see great example of what I’m talking about!

Well… the only one that is happy with “exclusive” content is you guys (SCE!)… it allows you to show that you won something… one battle with M$. We players don’t care… again if it is not exlusive we want to let all players have exactly the same fun!

Btw. is there any way to contact you SCEA? We fans are trying to bring visual novel to SONY, publisher said that he is willing to make game for VITA… but we need a little help with reaching stretch goal on their kickstarter.

Archacus 16 June, 2014 @ 8:23 pm

Oh and by help I mean only a little post… I don’t expect that SONY will help us fund it… just post.

And the game is World End Economica from the Isuna Hasekura the author of spice and wolf light novel

Shhh, it’s ok, better not to criticize SCEA now. I want them to feel comfy in Europe, and then just kick out SCEE.

Archacus 17 June, 2014 @ 9:25 am

@Viryu
    OMG… what did I do?! Maybe if we will be nice to them they will take us to better word! Where the employees are answering to us more frequently, where there are sales, better prices, more content on PSN, more physical releases, the premieres are earlier… hell what did I do…

I hope they won’t run away because of me! SORRY! I LOVE YOU GUYS! MORE THAN SCEE! I’M SORRY!

Anyway… what’s with Fred Dutton absence? Did his plane crush or something? Man… it would be bad… after all we have so many things to complain… and it doesn’t help when he is so tired, feels so bad that he had to go for E3… when most of us would kill to be in his shoes.

Archacus 17 June, 2014 @ 9:34 am

Edit (ha ha ha yeah right)
    What have I done*

Willie699 16 June, 2014 @ 8:20 pm   7

After playing the Alpha this is my most anticipated game for the time being. Loved the way the controls and weapons felt (playing as Hunter class). Only negative comments would be the noticeably jarring respawn of the enemies (which I can only assume is to keep the alpha build full of enemies right now). Also, at times the enemies appear to blend into the environment, might be rectified by a graphical upgrade or maybe its just my eyesight and Ill have to get used to it. Had an excellent time though.

Ha-You-Mad-Bro96 16 June, 2014 @ 8:24 pm   8

I’m amazed on how good the alpha was! Even thought it was only a small fraction of the game I found myself constantly playing it! Bungie really has made a brilliant game and will be hard to beat. Good job! I was hoping for more exclusives for us playstation users (not to be a dick) but Xbox had halo let us have some exclusive content that will be appreciated by the ps4 fan base.

Yojimboo77 16 June, 2014 @ 8:27 pm   9

Played the Destiny Alpha over the weekend… Anticipation Overload! Just can’t wait for the Beta and then the full release.

DpEs3407 16 June, 2014 @ 8:28 pm   10

Played the game, loved it, pre-ordered it on sunday :D
Really happy for exclusive content :)

Zero_Kazse 16 June, 2014 @ 8:42 pm   11

Hell Yeah!

Spent a solid weekend on Alpha. Absolutely blown away by the shear detail. Lots of wonderful effects, even the Northern Lights. If the final game is only as good as the Alpha version it’ll still be exceptional. I know I made the right choice pre ordering this on day one. I found myself just standing there admiring the view, and I’ve not done that since Halo 2.

nulenvoid 16 June, 2014 @ 8:49 pm   13

Will wait for a demo.

I played the three clases in the alpha until level 8 (level cap) and loved every minute of the pve. Can’t wait for the beta (pre-ordered the game last October).

I didn’t like the pvp (Crucible) too much, but that’s not a problem with the game. I usually don’t like pvp in any game (except racing games). I hope pvp doesn’t have a lot of impact in general character progresion.

It would be great that we could keep our characters for the beta and the final game, but I already know (and understand why) that they will be deleted.

P.S.: like Archacus said, I don’t like exclusive content in non-excluse games. I prefer when all the players have the exact same content (and I’m buying the PS4 version, so extra content or not, I’ll have the complete version of the game, I’m not complaining because I’ll be getting the game for other console).

TamKing 16 June, 2014 @ 9:05 pm   15

Loving the beta,destiny is a must buy for me.
Would really be awsome if your personal ship can be customised,maybe even add the ability to call in a small air strike from your ship (depending on chosen weaponry) with a long cooldown between strikes.

The “exclusive” dlc is only timed. I’m guessing for one month, like with CoD, but that’s just a guess. As much as I’m going to buy Destiny, and would love something exclusive, TIMED exclusives are not exclusives. And timed dlc is just meh.

Shame you can’t fly the ships :( Like planet to planet like No Man’s Land :P

Not yet you mean! I’m betting some of that 500million might go towards a dog fight mode!

BrumbyTamer 16 June, 2014 @ 10:04 pm   18

Loved the Alpha! Can’t wait for the full version. My only thing to pick on is the currency name. :)

dark_angel69 16 June, 2014 @ 10:22 pm   19

Really enjoyed the game!! Because it was so good, I had to cancel my order before I lose my life in the real world. Just kidding! Can’t wait for it to arrive!!! :D Byebye life!!

sylvamerius 16 June, 2014 @ 10:45 pm   20

The Game in incredible, i just want more ! The alpha is great really waiting for the beta ;) and the full release.

ZerooPP 17 June, 2014 @ 12:35 am   21

Love that game! Nothing more to say :D

sistersafetypin 17 June, 2014 @ 4:01 am   22

I pre-ordered Destiny after one day playing the Alpha. This game is going to be ridiculously fun

residentSteve 17 June, 2014 @ 5:18 am   23

To me this game is still to much like halo, does it have a sp?

From what I’ve noticed, Strikes and PvP “require Plus,” while all the other content didn’t mention it, so I’m guessing they can be played offline solo as well.

It doesn’t really feel anything like Halo when you play it – plays far more like Borderlands.!

residentSteve 17 June, 2014 @ 10:27 am

Oh no I can’t stand borderlands, think I will give this game a miss.

AyanamiReign 17 June, 2014 @ 8:06 am   24

Loved the alpha and can’t wait for September now, any news on a Collector’s Edition of the game?

CoolRichy007UK 17 June, 2014 @ 8:59 am   25

HEADS UP PS3 IS PLAYING UP 1st i tryed to add new people and got a error code 8002A10E and then i tryed change private settings 8002A335

its not my connection thats fine its error other end SONY FIX IT

Ace-Jury 17 June, 2014 @ 9:09 am   26

I don’t have a ps4 but preordered the destiny bundle based on the strength of the white ps4 :D

I didn’t think I wanted destiny but after watching the alpha videos I’m now hyped for it!

Enjoyed the Alpha and will consider buying the full game.

In the Alpha I found enemies that could not be damaged. There were some in an underground room close to the start point of the free roam section and tucked away at the rear of a building was a long spiraling blueish cave with a Wizard and bunch of friends that couldn’t be damaged. Were these put here to prevent players getting past or was it a glitch?

They were high level enemies! Remember Destiny has quite a strong RPG element to it, so you can’t go up to a Lv20 monster with a Lv3 gun and expect to do much damage!

I realise they were a bit pointless in the Alpha as the characters were capped at lv8 but I’m sure come the main release there will be some nice goodies down that hole once you’re a high enough level to fight them.

Does anybody know how the servers for this game will work, will you be able to play with friends on other consoles (PS3, either of the Xboxes)?

KomrathDE 17 June, 2014 @ 10:24 am   28

Alpha is looking really great and I like how (apart from joining the fireteams) it works :-) Now I am considering buying the game :-)

Angus_The_Ninja 17 June, 2014 @ 10:48 am   29

played over the weekend it feels amazing and looks so good, I am saddened because my characters wont survive until the beta

monoliet 17 June, 2014 @ 12:05 pm   30

hi love the alpha + i preoderd game !!!

only i have some questions to bungie

1 = beta stuf you get i hope we can keep in ful game + karakter !
2= i hope loading times to go to tower + to map need to be chorter
( even go from map to tower whitout to go to space first !)
3= diferent space ships no intrest if you can not interact : do somting whith it when loading to go to planet = like minnigames destroy meteores – reward getting some littel credit ore make ith you base = room :)

monoliet 17 June, 2014 @ 12:09 pm   31

bugs =
sound missing some times
ennemi almoast dead but freezing = not abel to kil
not be abel to quit desteny in the tower once .

Oh and did anyone notice that some enemy seemed to have pre determined zones where they would noticed/react to your presence? In a previous post I mentioned untouchable enemies underground near the start point. They only seem to start chasing you if you get within a certain distance to them. If you back off they turn around and go home even though they can still “see” you. So you may be able to sit at the extent of that zone and leather them ( should you be of sufficient level to do so ).

luckywolfert 17 June, 2014 @ 3:44 pm   33

I’ve seen released games (EA, game name not required lol) that are in a worse shape than this Alpha. I’ve played it a bit and this simply looks amazing. At first I thought it was too much SciFi for me but after playing the Alpha, I decided to get this game and I’ll probably spend too much time playing it. Based on the games I know, i’d say it’s a mix of Mass Effect and some classic FPS shooting in an open world with a taste of COD (domination multi player mode). I love it.

frankenstein14 17 June, 2014 @ 4:06 pm   34

Played the alpha was an amazing experience. Love Destiny and cant wait for the Beta and the full game.
buzz at all times while playing the game :D

BrandonMan87 17 June, 2014 @ 4:38 pm   35

I had the opportunity to play the alpha, and man was I impressed. I know that it was, for the most part, the finished product and I’m still pleased with it. I do have some things that I worry about and a few things that I wonder about… First, I know that character customization isnt that big because of the fact that most of the time we will be seen in our armor but I would be nice to have more diverse choices of hairstyles, markings, colors and such to give everyone a more unique look. Next would be, the leve cap. It would seem that 20 is the cap, and I think that may be a little too low but they have said that they wanted to focus on armors and weapons more then grinding out levels. With that said, I was wondering about whether they will for sure have more classes and races, and how many total players can be found in the city at once along with how many can participate in a public event at one time.

Pepino21 17 June, 2014 @ 6:04 pm   36

The Alpha was awesome!, I can’t wait for the beta and the full game release!

mwill101 17 June, 2014 @ 6:25 pm   37

Absolutely loved the alpha, very stable for an alpha i thought, cant wait for the beta, wish there were more special ammo crates dropped by killing enemies, especially when taking on the huge beasts, like the big walker things sometimes took an age. Still enjoyed it though roll on july 17th

Schoumacher 17 June, 2014 @ 8:52 pm   38

The Alpha has now been closed for us enthusiastic testers. The experience was quite fulfilling though. And with the latest news confirming how the retail version will sport better visual graphics this is going to be one hell of a ride. In-game handling seemed smooth and tight in every desired way, and everything was flowing flawlessly. Not bad, considering the early stage. With that said there is no doubt that we will be enjoying many mind-blowing hours of gameplay in September. Keep up the good work Bungie.

jkiller-kennedy 17 June, 2014 @ 9:16 pm   39

Surprised just how good it was, looking forward to the full release now.

slipmat69 17 June, 2014 @ 9:58 pm   40

Alpha was totally amazing, that’s one weekend totally lost. Question now is how do I survive a month till the Beta is out??!?

DooplisTheGhost 18 June, 2014 @ 1:17 am   41

It was confirmed today that this content is timed exclusive:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGjcN-wMQeE

Pariah74 18 June, 2014 @ 10:13 am   42

July 17th can’t come soon enough,I am drooling over this game…;)

Yep loved the Alpha
Got a few some mates over to play it too,
Check my FB for a vid of the last 15 mins of Devils Lair
FB – Chesh Psn

Infinite-15- 18 June, 2014 @ 5:05 pm   44

I love this game! The alpha was so fun to me. I wanted to keep getting better gear and I explored every where that the alpha allowed access to. I was skeptical about the PvP but also found myself putting in many hours playing it and enjoying it a lot. When I saw the game at E3 2013 I was excited but it died down fast because I knew nothing about the game. My brother kept telling me it was going to be amazing and after playing the alpha it is the game I am most looking forward to.

ukchippy 18 June, 2014 @ 5:26 pm   45

Loved the Alpha so much I pre ordered the game from PSN cant wait till beta then release of full game

Bubble-_-GMR-HT 21 June, 2014 @ 12:06 pm   46

AWESOMEE!!! I enjoyed watching people playing the alpha and am now even more hyped up for the beta:))

Quinlank 22 June, 2014 @ 1:20 am   47

The PS4 version was always going to be the definitive version of Destiny, but all this exclusive content really makes for some delicious icing on the cake :)

DarkRonin 22 June, 2014 @ 3:44 pm   48

When Sept. 9th comes along, at least in my house, it’s going to be “Battlefield Who” and “Call of Duty what”?

What makes me laugh every time I think of it is battlefield has been out since last Oct. and is still a broken game. Then this little company called Bungie, who by the way knows a thing or two about making an awesome game, comes along with an Alpha version of their newest endeavor and it’s perfect! I never had one problem. I’m sure this alpha is months if not years old by now but it flat out was flawless. I’m also sure that the complete game on the 9th of Sept. is going to be better….

Thank You Bungie for creating a game that once again is going to to set the bar on game creation and production.