Plus-hero);" >

Posted 4:39pm

PlayStation Plus in July: Strider, Dead Space 3, Towerfall Ascension, more

Doki Doki Universe, Vessel and LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes also join the service

Hi everyone. I hope you’ve recovered from the excitement of E3 and are ready for an epic July. Read on to find out what you’ll be enjoying in PlayStation Plus.

New on PlayStation 4

First up this month on PS4 comes frenetic platformer TowerFall Ascension, which launched to huge acclaim earlier this year, picking up 9/10 from Eurogamer and 8.9 from IGN!

In the land of TowerFall you engage the noble and brutal tradition of bow-and-arrow combat either on your own or with up to four friends for hilarious, intense versus matches. TowerFall Ascension is the ‘director’s cut’ version of the game, with 50 new versus levels, four more playable archers, an all­-new 12-player cooperative Quest mode and six additional power­-ups.

towerfallheader

Next up on PS, we’ve teamed up with our friends at Capcom to bring you their hugely entertaining action title Strider! The game tells the story of Hiryu, the youngest ever “Super A” ranked agent of an elite corps known as the Striders. Strider Hiryu receives orders to assassinate Grandmaster Meio, supreme dictator of Earth, who has plunged humanity into a dystopian dark age…

Strider

New on PlayStation 3

On PS3 this month it’s time to return to the depths of space in Dead Space 3. Fortunately this time you are not alone as Isaac Clarke and merciless soldier John Carver go on a journey across space to discover the source of the Necromorph outbreak. Facing never-more-deadly evolved enemies, the unlikely pair must work together to save mankind from extinction.

Dead Space

Next up on PS3 is 2D action puzzler Vessel. Arkwright, inventor of the world famous Fluro (mechanized-fluid automaton) is on a quest to finish his next great invention – The Device – that will alter existence in unimaginable ways. However, Fluros begin to mutate and run amok, and it’s up to Arkwright to understand (and exploit) these strange evolutions.

Vessel

New on PS Vita

LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes is your first offering this month on PS Vita. Can you help Batman save Gotham City from an array of fearsome villains including Penguin, Riddler, Harley Quinn and the Joker? Don’t fear though, this time you are not alone as Batman has drafted in Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to lend a hand!

Lego Batman

Your final offering for this month is the unique and charming Doki Doki Universe from HumaNature Studios. You will travel to uniquely themed planets and asteroids to meet some of the most bizarre characters in an effort to learn more about them, and hopefully, learn a little bit more about your character along the way. What’s more, it’s Cross Play so you can enjoy this one on PS3, PS4 or PS Vita.

Doki_Buggabug3_1384191612

2nd July: TowerFall Ascension
2nd July: Strider
2nd July: Dead Space 3
2nd July: Vessel
2nd July: LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes
2nd July: Doki Doki Universe

Don’t miss out! Make sure you add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

We are always listening to our members to ensure we continually improve the PS Plus service! Now is your chance to give us feedback on the content so we can find out what you loved, liked, and didn’t like so much. Simply take part in our content survey and share your thoughts on the June 2014 games.

Don’t forget to also visit the PlayStation forums where each month we have challenges and competitions focused on the games in the Plus service for you to enjoy and compete against other Plus members.

Not a PlayStation Plus member? Then join today from just £5.49/€6.99 per month. To find out more, visit our PlayStation Plus site.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

504 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first
jorispelgrom 25 June, 2014 @ 4:45 pm   1

What’s up with the two games less this month?

mitchbel1996 25 June, 2014 @ 4:49 pm

They already announced: 2 games for each platform (PS4, PS3 & Vita) each month for the foreseeable future.

andrewsqual 25 June, 2014 @ 4:58 pm

And its 72 games a year now rather than 65.

ghettokid1987 25 June, 2014 @ 6:01 pm

It’s 72 games in year only if you play on all three consoles at the same time.

actually its a bit difficult to play on all 3 systems at the same time, if you can do that its truly impressive.

ghettokid1987 25 June, 2014 @ 6:23 pm

That’s what i’m talking about.
    You’ll get this ephemeral 72 games if you play on all 3 consoles.

Otherwise PS plus just not worth it.
    Especially when more than half of them are low-quality indies.

andrewsqual 25 June, 2014 @ 6:35 pm

Nobody is stopping you from grabbing them on the Web Browser PS Store if you own the consoles or not. So yeah it IS 72 games a year. And if you own only one of those consoles, it is 24 games a year, something I find you somehow will still look at as a bad thing. So why bother with you? Low quality indies? Whatever you say mate.

er1234gio 25 June, 2014 @ 7:59 pm

@ghettokid1987 Low quality indie? Facepalm

Thunderlizzard 26 June, 2014 @ 1:11 am

It may only officially be 2 games per month per console, or 24 per year but seeing as there are regular cross-buy games in these selections it does work out more than that if you’re only looking at one or two consoles.

This month for example has 3 x PS4, 3 x PS3 and 2 x Vita when you take into account Doki Doki.

ghettokid1987 26 June, 2014 @ 1:13 pm

What’s the point owning a game without console to play it.

Do not get fooled by commercial tricks.

It bother me because i’ve paid for PS Plus subscription on certain conditions, but now they offer less and cheaper content without equal replacement.

jellyhedgehog 30 June, 2014 @ 5:11 pm

I didn’t think I’d get a ps4 for a very long time. But I decided to get every ps plus game on my download list. I came into a bit of money baught a ps4 and already had 4 free games waiting. Plus will always be worth it. Ps4 is still in nappies so the chances of a aaa title on plus is a no go. Basically stop moaning.

ShadowDoGGG 2 July, 2014 @ 9:21 pm

Sony… is it that difficult just to check all the games in the collection is set up properly? You’d think you were giving them us totally for free or something

magicKERR 25 June, 2014 @ 4:46 pm   2

Nice update

gta5rockt 25 June, 2014 @ 5:00 pm

Dead Space 3 is much better than many people think ;) Got it in a 7 euro sale already tho in PSN hahaha glad I did not renew plus.

counterUAVbaby 25 June, 2014 @ 4:47 pm   3

Line-up sucks! I finished with that (CENSORED). Im going to purchase xbox live gold!

counterUAVbaby 25 June, 2014 @ 4:50 pm

*mitchbel1996 me too!

see ya!

Kandracar 25 June, 2014 @ 4:57 pm

Because the equivalent line-up is just as good? I see.

Kandracar 25 June, 2014 @ 5:01 pm

I like the feedback addition. Nothing that really appeals to me for this month though unfortunately. Has the been the case for the last few. Hopefully some different stuff in future updates.

redmattuk 25 June, 2014 @ 5:05 pm

I know what you mean mate, I’ve not been excited about the updates for four-five months.

Personally getting an Xbox One for Halo: master chief collection in November.

& with the steam summer sale recently, ps+ just aint that special any more.

counterUAVbaby 25 June, 2014 @ 5:16 pm

@redmattuk You got my point mate! :)

dr_nick33 25 June, 2014 @ 5:38 pm

Care to substantiate that? Sounds like you’re just another entitled whiner.
    Enjoy your Xbox and don’t come back now, y’ hear.

Aces73High 25 June, 2014 @ 6:22 pm

Be sure to send us a postcard!!

JohnMerced32 25 June, 2014 @ 6:37 pm

Dude screw what these haters are saying your rite Sony aint showing no love for us PS4 owners! These past 3months games just plan suck!

andrewsqual 25 June, 2014 @ 6:43 pm

Everybody going on about Steam sale when alot of those games aren’t on PlayStation. Why even compare the 2 then?
    The one game that I CAN see on PlayStation is The Walking Dead Season 2 Pass at a Steam “Sale” price of €17.24. And on PlayStation its €6.49.

Mel_run 25 June, 2014 @ 8:14 pm

wait, you don’t have both?

r00usku 25 June, 2014 @ 8:20 pm

Steam sale? Its nice but its not THAT good.
    You get a 2 year old game for prize of one PS+ month?
    (YEAAAHHHHAAAARRGGGGhhhhBESTESTSALEEVER!!!!!)

Value for money, PS+ is unbeatable for me. Loaners/free games, who cares. (I have PSV, PS3, PS4)

The-Aventador-25 25 June, 2014 @ 8:43 pm

@JohnMerced32 The games might not be your taste, but they are definatly very good. And besides, you can’t expect Sony to give you tons of triple A games. The PS4 just doesn’t have that many yet, just wait a year or so.

SGTSTEELFACE 25 June, 2014 @ 9:35 pm

Dont listen to this troll he only joined plus last month for God sake he was singing praises

counterUAVbaby 25 June, 2014 @ 10:07 pm

@SGTSTEELFACE Yes you are right I joined last month,because I got a new PS3 console,because my last one destroyed a year ago.And yes I was praising NBA 2k14,but it ended out that it was ****,SO me I only own a PS3 so yeah I have DS3 which I purchased it on steam last year for a superb price and a stupid indie game! At least Microsoft trying to compete with these games they are putting.

counterUAVbaby 25 June, 2014 @ 10:09 pm

Yes @JohnMerced32 that’s what im doing! :)

counterUAVbaby 25 June, 2014 @ 10:11 pm

@SGTSTEELFACE Additionally a guy who has an opinion isn’t troll and I didn’t mean to harm you,sorry if I did.

counterUAVbaby 25 June, 2014 @ 10:13 pm

@r00usku You aying by yourself you have every cosole so of PS Plus will have a value for you,but think for others too who own only a PS3

ben103000 25 June, 2014 @ 10:19 pm

I can understand this whole basic idea of the “exclusives war” where Sony releases one and then Microsoft releases one and so on, but Sony has won overall. Infamous, little big planet, uncharted, last of us etc. Microsoft has only one good exclusive and that’s Halo, and before anyone says Gears of War, that’s a (CENSORED) game, I didn’t like it and a lot of other people didn’t as well.

“Note: Yes, I do own an Xbox 360 and Xbox One”

EariCash 26 June, 2014 @ 8:28 am

HaHaHa ByBy kid!!

SGTSTEELFACE 26 June, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

@counterUAVbaby I will give it to you my terminology was wrong but you were protecting Plus to the hilt last month and now this month you are sick of it …it just looked a bit two faced no offense intended.

Personally I disagree with Xbox providing a better service as they are just achieving the bare minimum to keep up with the conversation. However I will agree that the Instant game collection has become worse as time has dragged on (instant game collection day 1) and this line up sucks compared to prior lineups.

I already have Dead Space 3 (got it in the origin humble bundle) and dont have a ps4 so instant game collection is sucking more and more for me but Id rather you’d make the argument that several months of the lineup sucked before attacking it.

counterUAVbaby 28 June, 2014 @ 2:57 pm

@SGTSTEELFACE Yes mate you are right,but I got a bit mad that I don’t have a game to play for summer,because I got my new PS3 last month and I have no games on it and a bit mad that we lost 1 game from our ps3 instant game collection and I added all those feelings and I got so mad, sorry mate. However I purchased my summer game and that is Jak and Daxter: The procursor legacy HD one of the best games I ever played (still playing it I dodn’t want to finish).

counterUAVbaby 28 June, 2014 @ 2:58 pm

@EariCash Im not a kid,but good try.

cranky_wombat 3 July, 2014 @ 10:09 am

@counterUAVbaby Really?….xbox live gold….you seriously sticking with that comment….?

mosessaur 4 July, 2014 @ 5:57 am

I don’t think you’ll be missed :) have fun with Games with Gold

StevenJamesHyde 25 June, 2014 @ 4:47 pm   4

3 PS4 games you say? Excellent stuff

Looks like the leaks were right about the PS4 games! And great offering this month. None of the PS4 games are old PS3 ports which we have seen for the last few month. So again good job this month!!!

Cannahuana 2 July, 2014 @ 2:46 am

“None of the PS4 games are old PS3 ports”
    no but Strider a NES remake from 1989

dotHyunickel 25 June, 2014 @ 4:47 pm   6

Great! Excited to try out Towerfall :)!

dark_angel69 25 June, 2014 @ 4:47 pm   7

Not too bad. Dead Space 3 and LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes for me. I like that feedback voting thing.

MaxDiehard 25 June, 2014 @ 4:50 pm

The feedback results just look plain biased. No way all of them would be 100% on one catagory.

LEGO Batman 2 is awful anyway. It’s a 3DS port, same as all the other LEGO games on Vita.

Adityac 25 June, 2014 @ 5:03 pm

Uh, No…

frodouk 25 June, 2014 @ 5:07 pm

The feedback results aren’t all 100% on one category. You are either reading it wrong or there is an error in the way it’s loaded up for you

I think he just experienced the same issue with the poll as I did. I also had 100% on all the poll results. I thought that it might only show me my own results, but besides the first game, the 100% results was misplaced for every other title.

Roxas598 25 June, 2014 @ 4:48 pm   8

lame offering.

Can we not get disgaea for plus at all (vita)

Andrefpvs 25 June, 2014 @ 4:57 pm

A Disgaea game would be a great choice for a future Vita PS+ game.

X_Blood_Curse_X 25 June, 2014 @ 5:39 pm

Yes I agree, America has had Disgaea and Plants VS Zombies for Vita, we keep getting terrible Vita ports of Lego games

willbillbill 25 June, 2014 @ 4:48 pm   9

Nice list, its Strider and Lego Batman for me. DeadSpace3 is a solid game worth a play through for anyone who hasn’t picked it up already

Archacus 25 June, 2014 @ 4:49 pm   10

I would like to thank SCEE… with steam sale, gog sales, world end economica (vita game) kickstarter… I wouldn’t have enough money if you would have anything that is even in 1/20 as good as steam or gog sales…

That’s why thank you, I won’t have to buy plus for another month .

Archacus 25 June, 2014 @ 4:52 pm

Btw: Dead Space 3 was in humble bundle for 1$

The bundle also included Dead Space 1, Burnout, Crysis 2, Mirror’s Edge, Medal of Honor, Battelfied 3, and Sims 3 (for 3.56 average price)

KaneTheGoth 25 June, 2014 @ 5:00 pm

Nice to see another GoGer :)

frodouk 25 June, 2014 @ 5:08 pm

Bye

War_Pig_s 25 June, 2014 @ 5:21 pm

Why did you comment?

Archacus 25 June, 2014 @ 5:41 pm

@War_Pig_s
    Are you asking me, frodouk or yourself?

If you are asking me… than the answer would be cause I’m actualy waiting for good enough games to come… yeah I know silly me… I’m even willing to pay for plus…

Is it good enough reply?

dr_nick33 25 June, 2014 @ 5:46 pm

Congrats to you. Now go away! You keep filling this blog with your boring rants. If PC gaming is serving you so well, then stick with it.

Archacus 25 June, 2014 @ 6:08 pm

@dr_nick33
    Comprehension skills! Do you have them? Stop playing fool, I believe you are inteligent lad so act like one!

I agree, well said, and this coming from a PS+ member (I use another account for PS+). Why would anyone disagree with this? If you can’t accept any constructive criticism you need to take a step back. These games are average, definitely not worth the yearly subscription fee when you consider DS3 was only $1 on PC. PS+ has been going downhill very fast since the PS4 launched because now they no longer need to try.

antoinemagma 26 June, 2014 @ 6:24 pm

I agree ps plus is getting worse and worse for me considering only console i have is ps3. i aint gonna pop over to microsoft which i dont realy like either anyways, but i feel ps plus just screwed ps3 only users to favour more ps4. ps3 loses 1 non indie game while ps4 gets another game each month. while that would be nice if only i had a ps4 ^^. So im only getting scewed here, as i aint buying ps4 anytime soon. Hell the ps4 has so few games right now that it aint realy worth buying just for extra graphics for some aaa titles that can be played on ps3. I think not, ill stick to my old but reliable ps3 for now and bend over a little more so ps plus can have a easier time screwing me. All i ask though is pls take me out to dinner first cause i like to be wined and dined before i get (CENSORED)…
    On side note i already have dead space and dont care about indie games, so for last 3 months ive been disappointed already and now they throw away 1 non indie game from me each month T_T. Take the INDIE game for gods sakes no one cares about a 5 euro game, just leave the non indie game alone!!!! but no they took away the non indie one so i only have 1 potential game i may like each month, considering i dont play indie games.
    50 euros year for 12 games i may, or may not like yep thats not good deal in my book but to those that have multi consoles and like indie games. It may be hell of a deal but for me, no. Thats my honest opinion try not to judge me too harshly, im but your average consumer trying to get a good deal in a world that is full of capitalism :(.

BADABADOO 25 June, 2014 @ 4:50 pm   11

Already got Strider but the rest looks great. I’m very happy with it :)

So back to the trusty PS3 for the only AAA title for the micro transaction riddled Deadspace 3 of what I have little expectation. The rest doesn’t tickle my fancy at all.

Dale-Dangerous_x 2 July, 2014 @ 1:25 pm

Hmmm, never once had to use micro transactions on all 3 dead space games, enjoyed all 3 thoroughly. Curious, what micro transactions have you been forced (seems as though you’re needing them to enjoy the game?) To purchase to enjoy your playthrough? Just a question to argument intended BTW lol

INS1GHTFUL 25 June, 2014 @ 4:50 pm   13

cool. i wanted strider and doki doki!
thanks

Zerphentos 25 June, 2014 @ 4:50 pm   14

Kind of disapointed of the games for PS4, but it’s “free” so can’t complain that much I suppose.

redmattuk 25 June, 2014 @ 5:07 pm

Hi, please could you let me know how to get PS+ for free so I can get in on the fun?

NorthernFusion 25 June, 2014 @ 6:29 pm

I’m guessing the inverted commas were lost on you.

erkingtr 25 June, 2014 @ 4:50 pm   15

Disaster!!!

Cool list of games :P

Alphaembryo 25 June, 2014 @ 4:50 pm   17

Average month…

sporeboy100 30 June, 2014 @ 12:36 am

i dont know, the PS4 getting a REAL game instead of kickstarted shovelware, it is pretty much the systems best month for the service yet

windsorblue01 25 June, 2014 @ 4:51 pm   18

got the lego game for ps3 in sale good to get it for vita to.

how about the mavel lego one or the movie one for ps3 in future.

awesome thanks :)

I really appreciate being allowed to comment on previous months games

AndyBeans 25 June, 2014 @ 4:52 pm   20

Yay, why innovate when you can pixelate? :/

Andrefpvs 25 June, 2014 @ 4:52 pm   21

Can’t help but feel that this month’s PS Vita selection could have been much better.

G-IH-O-S-T 26 June, 2014 @ 3:10 am

I think so too, but give it time, man. We just got 4 games for the vita last month.. at least 3 of them were great.

sporeboy100 30 June, 2014 @ 12:37 am

still waiting for mortal kombat

Road2unner 2 July, 2014 @ 3:35 pm

@sporeboy100 MK already was on Plus, for Vita in December 2012 and for PS3 a month later.

I3loodthirsty 25 June, 2014 @ 4:55 pm   22

How many months in a row have the leaks been right lol.pretty meh line up again, I think I ll try strider but thats it as dont have a ps3 for dead space 3

SuperJag86 25 June, 2014 @ 4:55 pm   23

Towerfall, Dead Space and Vessel are highlights for me.
Great line up. Thanks PlayStation!

lumoplusjess 25 June, 2014 @ 4:56 pm   24

bah, just got lego batman 2 vita in the sale last month.
Looks like ps4 has a better lineup that ps3 and vita for once

sporeboy100 30 June, 2014 @ 12:38 am

i know, it is actually getting a REAL game on the service, not just shovelware that came from kickstarter

Cloud_AC 25 June, 2014 @ 4:56 pm   25

I would trade Dead Space 3 for Strider (PS3) any day. Good month for PS4. I’ll give Vessel a try.

hilts663 25 June, 2014 @ 4:56 pm   26

Bought Dead Space 3 about a year ago and it is a good game… Not as good as Dead Space 2 but good… Finally I will be able to complete it in Coop with my … lets say not so brave friends (they were scared even of buying it)

chad1990 25 June, 2014 @ 4:56 pm   27

Meh…
Not a great month but not the worst either…
Where are the RPGs??

johnnycide 25 June, 2014 @ 4:57 pm   28

Really getting back on track with the IGC now. Really pleased with Dead Space 3 and Strider. Heard good things about Vessel but I don’t have the time for it. Lego Batman I may grab once I’ve cleared some space on the Vita.

Thanks for letting us give feedback about the games for PS4 last month. I have a feeling they’re going to get a kicking, but them’s the breaks.

A rather mixed experience for July.
Towerfall, Strider and Dead Space 3 are obviously the better part.

Vessel – Not enough reviews for an official Metacritic rating, but those few seem rather positive.
LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes – 62%
Doki-Doki Universe – 66%

Two games beneath that critical 70% rating, both for the Vita and AGAIN one of those *beep* 3DS to Vita Lego ports. That’s the third time that we Germans receive that kind of *beep*.
But yeah, obviously criticism about Lego Vita games falls on deaf ears.

DrunkLemmiwinks 25 June, 2014 @ 5:15 pm

Yeah, Lego games on Vita definitly *beep*.

DrunkLemmiwinks 25 June, 2014 @ 5:16 pm

Oh and censoring words *beeps* even harder.

War_Pig_s 25 June, 2014 @ 5:23 pm

*beep Metacritic ratings.

@War_Pig_s
    Yeah, just that Sony promised that no content below 70% gets into the IGC. Who cares about another broken promise, eh?
    It almost seems as if Sony has a deal with Warner Bros. For each good game, we have to endure a horrible one. So hey, good news: Batman Arkham Origins next month!

Phene90x 25 June, 2014 @ 5:53 pm

Didnt they say only games 70+ on metacritic are added ?

fps_d0minat0r 26 June, 2014 @ 12:11 pm

@ Phene90x
    Yeah but they also said a lot of other stuff which never happened.

In all honesty, I have 0 trust in any metacritic reviews…we were given Bioshock Infinite and to me I would rate that as 1 out of 5 and that’s only because can’t rate a game zero. Yet seemingly it won awards with its insipid plot and capitulating to the lowest common denominator.

People seem to forget that reviews are just opinions. Someone becomes an authority because they write a review? Loads of games I’ve enjoyed and had a blast on have received poor metacritic reviews like Naughty Bear, Deadly Premonition, Way of The Samurai 3, Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes, One Piece Romance Dawn, X-men Destiny to name a few and I’ve enjoyed every game I listed. One mans trash is another ones pleasure.

Form your own opinion about a game and stop relying on critics to dictate what games you play.

@Izorpo
    Uhm, but you surely do the concept of individuality, do you?
    Just because individual tastes and opinions will always tend to differ, doesn’t necessarily mean that an aggregation and consensus, as Metacritic, is pointless. Thus “imho” is so popular.

Yeah, I considered Bioshock Infinite overrated too. But I also would never claim that any LEGO game (especially those on the Vita) was better in any aspect.

Funniest part is that many of those who are happy with those LEGO games, will tell you that it’s because they are easy Platinums. Ain’t that a great reason? We should obviously request free Platinum trophies instead of games next month! :P

*understand

masseyf 28 June, 2014 @ 11:55 pm

The funny thing (in the ironic sense) is, a company would be very quick to point to the fine print and shaft you when it suits them.

But here we see Sony very much enjoying the cake as it just ignores its own T&C!!

Hard to complain so much when even in light of this, the sub is still a good deal provided you own more than 1 device. Which just makes it so strange as not much else they do feels like a good deal. Their sales dont even come close to pretty much anything else out there (GoG, GMG, Steam, Amazon, Humble) and dont even get me started on the current (non-finalised) steaming service thats incoming ^_^ Even with a gun to my head being barked at to rent something Id sooner say pull the trigger than pay *anything close* to what theyre looking for!!

johnnycide 25 June, 2014 @ 4:57 pm   30

Towerfall can do one though. Really? An Ouya port which is only worth playing when you have an extra (50 quid) controller? Please.

ben103000 25 June, 2014 @ 10:22 pm

It’s free. Who gives a

johnnycide 26 June, 2014 @ 10:29 am

@ben103000 It’s not free, it’s part of a subscription. An absolute steal, yes, and it’s worth every penny if you have all three consoles, but a subscription nonetheless.
    What I’m saying is that there’s a lot of games on PS4 which would have been a better choice (octodad, awesomenauts, Injustice, Strike Suit Zero to name a few).
    Towerfall is a poor choice because it’s a multiplayer game which can only be described as shovelware. In order to play this “free” game you need an extra controller, which costs 50 quid. You could have friends over to play it with you, and they could bring their own controllers, but none of my friends would be interested in playing this, and I can’t blame them.

So as for your incredibly well thought out argument, it doesn’t seem to have much to it. Just like Towerfall.

sporeboy100 30 June, 2014 @ 12:40 am

maybe they thought that the OUYA is dead (which it is) so decided to release on PS4 and convince sony to make it’s PS4 debut coincide with its PSN+ debut

If you have ANY friends Towerfall is motherflipping amazing

counterUAVbaby 25 June, 2014 @ 4:58 pm   31

Chris, will we see Splinter Cell:Blacklist and Saints Row IV sometime on IGC? And BTW can you stop giving indie titles on PS3 ,we understood when you reduced PS3 games by one game,but it doesn’t mean that we accept indie titles!

Chris Howe 26 June, 2014 @ 10:12 am

Unlikely for Splinter Cell anytime soon unfortunately, never say never though

tat_sun 26 June, 2014 @ 10:25 am

So, if we read between the lines, Saints Row IV IS coming soon……? ;-)

pinkplaybunny 26 June, 2014 @ 11:05 am

I hope so i want Saints row 4 too :-)

cybershark91 26 June, 2014 @ 11:26 am

keep the indie games coming. I’m always happy to see some small gems in the igc.

Stonesthrow 26 June, 2014 @ 6:18 pm

Saint’s row 4 is nothing like the third guys, it borders on the line of being broken and is a complete mess.

YimSiphny 25 June, 2014 @ 4:58 pm   32

Good month for me as I haven’t given ANY of those games a go! Thanks!

SHEPOWY 25 June, 2014 @ 4:59 pm   33

Nice. I like the implementation of the survey, i think it’s a great idea to take feedback on the offerings.

I find it disheartening that you listened to all the people banging on about Dead Space 3 though, hopefully this doesn’t mean we’ll get Crysis 3 in the future too.

I personally detest games that have grind-y multiplayer trophies, so as long as you keep those to a minimum in PS Plus, as well as games that will have their multiplayer servers taken down in a few months after they’re on PS Plus e.g. NBA 2K14, i’ll be happy.

Hopefully after the typical Summer slump in gaming PS Plus will pick up from August onwards.

CloudsurferTom 25 June, 2014 @ 5:00 pm   34

I dont usually complain about ps plus but this month is shockingly s**t!!! When are we getting some decent ps4 games, indie titles are great for awhile I want something really great to keep me entertained!! They know it’s a crappy line up this month by opening with a reminder of destiny beta!!

frodouk 25 June, 2014 @ 6:11 pm

What ps4 games would you like to see exactly?

JohnMerced32 25 June, 2014 @ 6:34 pm

Dude your so rite PS4 owners aint getting no love from Sony, enough with dis Indie game (CENSORED) were are the AAA titles PS3 owners are getting!!

ben103000 25 June, 2014 @ 10:25 pm

Before I start a debate, which I probably will, I honest can’t understand why people complain.

1. It’s free.
    2. PS4 hasn’t been around for long, so it hasn’t had time to get AAA titles.
    3. Just because a game hasn’t got good graphics or doesn’t suit your “style” doesn’t mean you won’t end up liking it.
    4. Indie games can be SUPER fun. Cough cough Outlast cough cough

Alexanderfreyr 26 June, 2014 @ 1:06 am

To keep you entertained? So you don’t buy any games you just buy a description hoping for a good game to keep you entertained? Why not just, you know, buy a game?

G4m3r_dot_net 27 June, 2014 @ 4:14 am

@ben103000 how exactly is PS+ free? Games every month is part of PS+ so it’s not a bonus, PS+ was developed as “monthly games for free” so don’t you dare to say “you’re paying for PS+ and games are bonus”.

CloudsurferTom 27 June, 2014 @ 8:29 am

I don’t mind indie titles, and I do buy games. I’ve had pretty much every disc release to date, I just think this is a weak month for ps plus if you own a ps4 or vita. I’ve heard towerfall is supposed to be good so I’ll probably look at it! But to be honest I didn’t shell out £350 and pay 40 a year to play 2d ps1 games haha apologise to others if that’s what they bought their consoles for :-)

BEEFY2013 2 July, 2014 @ 5:35 pm

@ben103000 for 1 it isn’t free at all on PS4 because you are forced to have + to play online so for the whole 7-8 month that the PS4 has been out they have gave us shovel ware give or take a few games Contrast and Outlast and Trine 2 were good games as for the rest though total BS. With the PS3 I could understand that if not giving us triple A titles because you do get it free because you are not forced to pay for online play but PS4 is a total different argument.

XRA-6369 25 June, 2014 @ 5:01 pm   35

Awesome update Thank you.

Miro33no 25 June, 2014 @ 5:01 pm   36

Pretty good lineup we have there :) I wanted to snatch Strider on release, but resisted the temptation and now, here it is :D
There is however one thing I LOVE. The voting poll you created is a great idea to easily see what people like and want. Hope you will consider the results with the selection of games for next month :)
Keep it up guys.

ThugETH 25 June, 2014 @ 5:01 pm   37

Have got them all except for the Vita games. Will grab Doki Doki. Still a good line up imo.

epicbychoice 25 June, 2014 @ 5:01 pm   38

Hey Chris, awesome work getting dead space 3 to the IGC, I wanted to ask, are the any plans on getting Resident Evil 6/Revelations to the IGC? and or Dragon’s Crown to PS3?

Chris Howe 26 June, 2014 @ 10:14 am

I don’t really have anything to share regarding Resident Evil but we have just had Dragons Crown on VITA so it’s unlikely that we will do it on PS3 as well

Khaliel 26 June, 2014 @ 11:04 am

well, they say it’s unlikely, but there is a long history in the PS+ past of games being free on one platform a month, and on another platform some months later ;) look for example : Mortal Kombat 9 free on Vita on december 2012, and on PS3 on february 2013 ;)

There have been 2 or 3 such cases. Not really “a long history”. And surely none that requires further episodes. :p

CloudsurferTom 25 June, 2014 @ 5:01 pm   39

I would play dead space if I had a ps3 btw

Flocka_Flame_Ova 25 June, 2014 @ 5:03 pm   40

Can’t wait

Oako123 25 June, 2014 @ 5:03 pm   41

Good month, not a fan of the LEGO games though as they’re always a toned-down version of their console counterparts.

Any chance of Splinter Cell: Blacklist appearing in the IGC anytime soon?

Keep up the good work Chris.

Flocka_Flame_Ova 25 June, 2014 @ 5:04 pm   42

Yes can’t wait

Silent_Gig 25 June, 2014 @ 5:06 pm   43

Shame Strider isnt cross-buy.. id like to play that on PS3…

Stonesthrow 25 June, 2014 @ 5:06 pm   44

Doki Doki Universe is definitely my highlight of the month. Strider second best. Towerfall looks great with friends so as a lonewolf it doesn’t seem I’ll get much out of it. Dead space 3 is a nice pick but already own it. The rest I won’t be bothered it. Decent update all in all. Good to read it from Sony instead of from a leak for a change :d

labedz5 25 June, 2014 @ 5:07 pm   45

Good update, I anticipated Dead Space 3 in plus :), never heard of Vessel, but i give every game a chance. Lego Batman 2 for vita is nice update too. I some of the following games : Assassins Creed 4, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legend, Tearaway, LBP Vita will come to ps+ this year. I also wonder how long you gonna contiinue the plus service on ps 3 and ps vita, but i think we won’t get the answer until this just happen.

ElfMageBex 25 June, 2014 @ 5:07 pm   46

dead space 3 is the best game this month the rest dont look to good they need to stop giving us rubbish games for psn plus i want decent games

Buick78 25 June, 2014 @ 5:08 pm   47

Towerfall is absolutely brilliant, honestly give it a try. I do hope they give it an online multiplayer patch at some point though. Really pleased to see Strider on there as well, almost bought that a couple of months ago.

Stonesthrow 25 June, 2014 @ 5:18 pm

It doesn’t have online multi with randoms? Completely useless to me then..

dividsmythe 25 June, 2014 @ 5:10 pm   48

Nice I just platted Lego Batman 2 last week on Vita. It’s very easy. Another average month. In actual fact I think its getting worse on Ps+. It might only be saved by Doki doki.

pinkplaybunny 25 June, 2014 @ 5:10 pm   49

Nothing here that i had been holding out for, but a few that i will give a try so not too bad :-)

alphastreamz 25 June, 2014 @ 5:10 pm   50

the only thing you are doing right sony atm. PS+ is a great deal on PS4 not the retail pricing or digital pricing of ps4 games

Load all