Posted 3:00pm

New on PlayStation Store: Guacamelee! STCE, Child of Light and Ratchet & Clank Trilogy

And discounts galore, including deal of the week Wolfenstein: The New Order

Taking a leaf from Capcom’s book of highly descriptive titles, last year’s hugely popular Guacamelee! receives the Super Turbo Championship Edition treatment on PS4 this week, chucking in new levels and a new boss among myriad other enhancements. My favourite addition? The homage to Super SFII Turbo!

Over on PS Vita, Ubisoft’s eyeball-pleasing Child of Light is also available from today. Just as with the PS3 and PS4 versions, the kingdom of Lemuria has had its share of troubles thanks to the Black Queen. As Aurora, it’s left upon you to sort this small dilemma out.

Also available today; after a small delay Atelier Rorona Plus for PS3 and PS Vita, new DLC for Watch_Dogs, Ratchet & Clank Trilogy on PS Vita, a fresh batch of PS Plus games, and tons of discounts in our Big in Japan promotion!

PlayStation Plus

Child of Light
Price: £11.99/€14.99/AU$22.95

EP0001-PCSB00598_00-B000000000001229_en_THUMBIMG
Child of Light Complete Edition
Price: £19.99/€24.99/AU$39.95

EP4356-PCSB00498_00-MOTOGP14000EU000_en_THUMBIMG
MotoGP 14 (available from 4th July)
Price: £34.99/€39.99/AU$54.95

The-Ratchet-and-Clank-Trilogy_thumb_THUMBIMG
The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (Cross-Buy PS3/Vita)(available from 4th July in UK/IRE)
Price: £19.99/€24.99/AU$32.95

Ratchet+and+Clank_THUMBIMG
Ratchet & Clank (PSV) (Cross-Buy PS3/Vita) (available from 4th July in UK/IRE)
Price: £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95

Ratchet+and+Clank+2_THUMBIMG
Ratchet & Clank 2 (PSV) (Cross-Buy PS3/Vita) (available from 4th July in UK/IRE)
Price: £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95

1_THUMBIMG
Ratchet & Clank 3 (PSV) (Cross-Buy PS3/Vita) (available from 4th July in UK/IRE)
Price: £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95

PlayStation Mobile

Blinkin Blobs (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.75)

ComicStation (£1.59/€1.99/AU$3.45)

Quiet Christmas (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.75)

Vacation Vexation (£1.59/€1.99/AU$3.45)

Fractopia (£1.59/€1.99/AU$3.45)

Ascent of Kings (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.75)

Kung Fu FIGHT! (£1.19/€1.49/AU$2.45)

Quiet, Please! (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.75)

MapCache Offline Maps (£1.59/€1.99/AU$3.45)

ARP-BOX (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.75)

Blue Beacon (£2.19/€2.79/AU$4.75)

Trolly Fish (£1.59/€1.99/AU$3.45)

PS4 DLC

Call of Duty: Ghosts (available from 3rd July)

• Call of Duty: Ghosts Invasion (£11.59/€14.49/AU$19.95)
  • Flags of the World Pack (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.45)
  • Squad Pack – Resistance (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.45)

Killzone ShadowFall

• Bastille Day Skin Pack (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Rainbow Knight Skin Pack (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)

MotoGP 14

• MotoGP 14 Season Pass (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)
  • MotoGP 14 Laguna Seca Redbull US Grand Prix (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)
  • MotoGP 14 Moto2 and Moto3 (Free)

Watch_Dogs

• Access Granted Pack (£5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45)

Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE

War Thunder

• War Thunder – Plus Free Starter Pack (Free)
  • War Thunder – SdKfz 140/1 and T-26E Starter Pack (£7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95)
  • War Thunder – Advanced Pack – Shielded T-34E (£19.99/€24.99/AU$37.95)

Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine

PS3 DLC

• ACE COMBAT INFINITY Launch Commemoration Pack (Free)

Atelier Rorona Plus – BGM Package (Free)

Call of Duty: Ghosts (available from 3rd July)

• Call of Duty: Ghosts Invasion (£11.59/€14.49/AU$19.95)
  • Flags of the World Pack (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.45)
  • Squad Pack – Resistance (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.45)

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

• DOA5U Character: Alpha-152 + Dead or Alive 2 Music (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • DOA5U: Core Fighters Summer Sale 25 Char + Costumes (£19.99/€24.99/AU$37.95)
  • DOA5U: Core Fighters Summer Sale 25 Character Set (£11.99/€14.99/AU$22.95)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Team Ninja Recommendation Set (£4.49/€5.49/AU$8.25)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Story Mode + Dead or Alive 2 Music (£5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45)
  • DOA5U Core Fighters Top Costume Picks (£11.99/€14.99/AU$22.95)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate – Costume Catalog 10 (Free)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Team USA Character Set (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Lisa Top Costume Picks (£3.99/€4.99/AU$7.55)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Hitomi Top Costume Picks (£5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Tina Top Costume Picks (£4.99/€5.99/AU$8.95)

Not available in Russia

DUST 514: Counter-Recon Pack (£15.99/€19.99/AU$29.95)

LittleBigPlanet 2

• Sacktue of Liberty Costume (Free)

MotoGP 14

• MotoGP 14 Season Pass (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)
  • MotoGP 14 Laguna Seca Redbull US Grand Prix (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)
  • MotoGP 14 Moto2 and Moto3 (Free)

Mugen Souls Z

• Mugen Souls Z Cacophony! Hyper Weapon Pack 10 (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Mugen Souls Z Overwhelming G Up Fever Pack 1 (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Mugen Souls Z Overwhelming Ticket Set 1 (£0.79/€0.99/AU$1.45)
  • Mugen Souls Z Ultimate God Supply Pack 4 (Free)
  • Mugen Souls Z Jolly Coordination (Free)

Rocksmith 2014

• ‘Devil in a Midnight Mass’ by Billy Talent (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • ‘Fallen Leaves’ by Billy Talent (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • ‘Red Flag’ by Billy Talent (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • ‘Try Honesty’ by Billy Talent (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • ‘Viking Death March’ by Billy Talent (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)

Watch_Dogs

• Access Granted Pack (£5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45)

Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE

PS Vita DLC

Atelier Rorona Plus – BGM Package (Free)

Child of Light

• Child of Light – The Golem’s Plight Pack
  • Child of Light – Light Pack (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Child of Light – Dark Pack (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Child of Light – Rough Oculi Pack (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Child of Light – Tumbled Oculi Pack (£1.69/€1.99/AU$2.95)
  • Child of Light – Faceted Oculi Pack (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)
  • Child of Light – Stardust Pack (£2.49/€2.99/AU$4.55)

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

• Sacktue of Liberty Costume (Free)

MotoGP 14

• MotoGP 14 Season Pass (£6.49/€7.99/AU$11.95)
  • MotoGP 14 Laguna Seca Redbull US Grand Prix (£3.29/€3.99/AU$5.95)
  • MotoGP 14 Moto2 and Moto3 (Free)

PlayStation Vita Pets
Sunflower Costume (Free)

Availability update

Chaos Code (PS3) – Now available in Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Ukraine

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS3) – Now available in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine

Deal of the week

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3) – Was €59.99/ £39.99/$79.95 now €39.99/ £24.99/ $49.95

R-Type Dimensions (PS3) – Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £4.29/€5.19/AU$7.85 (Additional 10% PS Plus discount)

DC Universe Online – Sons of Trigon (8) (PS3/PS4)- Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45

DC Universe Online – The Battle for Earth (PS3/PS4) – Was £7.99/€9.99/AU$14.95, now £5.79/€6.99/AU$10.45

Soul Sacrifice – Was £29.99/€34.99/AU$47.95, now £14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

427 Comments 16 Author replies
Show oldest first

Is Child of Light cross-buy?
(I bought the PS4 version last weekend)

zalwelgoedgaan 2 July, 2014 @ 3:06 pm

Nope, not cross-buy.

kietunes 3 July, 2014 @ 1:01 pm

I did exactly the same thing with the intention of playing it primarily over Remote Play…kinda annoyed at myself now!

Would be nice if they did offer cross-buy retrospectively…any chance guys?? :)

QuietlyWrong 2 July, 2014 @ 3:04 pm   2

Hurry up with the Sales discounts already! :D

Lt_Combo 2 July, 2014 @ 8:27 pm

I hope you guys realize you can already download the games for free .. it says xxEU but if you press it and put it in your shopping cart it says free XD .. playing doki doki universe right now which i really like so far.. towerfall was ok and seems like epic for couch co-op but not much use without it. And I already bought strider before (enjoyed it a lot so don’t regret it or blame sony, happy for those who got it for free)

Lt_Combo 2 July, 2014 @ 8:27 pm

replied to the wrong person XD

zalwelgoedgaan 2 July, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   3

Download Strider folks, it’s a good game and doesn’t have any BS DLC like most Capcom games have.

Scuffy_P 2 July, 2014 @ 3:23 pm

Unfortunately a lot of “game starved” PS4 owners bought it six months ago. So much for the hope of a new title in the IGC every month. Even if it’s one of the trashy indie game Sony are so happy to talk about these days.

KomrathDE 2 July, 2014 @ 3:32 pm

Checked the demo and it was just… weird to say euphemistically ;-) Maybe I will give it a shot now since it’s free :-)

supersmith2500 2 July, 2014 @ 4:51 pm

I would if the Store would update.

Shuyinsama 2 July, 2014 @ 4:56 pm

What supersmith2500 says… I would if the store would update already…this is so ridiculous…I imagine it must but one hell of a logistics mess over at sony Europe…it’s mind boggling really…

Lt_Combo 2 July, 2014 @ 8:28 pm

Sora9669 2 July, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   4

Final Fantasy Origins PLEASE. FFIV’s PSOne Classic would be amazing too.

WearingFin 2 July, 2014 @ 3:06 pm   5

An upgrade for PS4 version of Guacamelee? I’m guessing that slipped me by. Thanks to Drinkbox and all those involved. Sure it’s not cross-buy, but I find buying it again a lot more palatable if it’s the same price as a sandwich. And good pricing for Ratchett and Clank on the Vita! That and the sale, good week for me, and better than expected week for my wallet.

Lt_Combo 2 July, 2014 @ 8:32 pm

Same here .. bought it full price on VITA was not planning to buy it again on PS4 but this might make me buy it after all … I mean I bought it full price a week later it got a 60% discount and a week or two after that it was int the PS+ IGC lol ..

I usually don’t mind it when a game I bought full price is in the IGC (strider for example) .. but that one hurt a little XD

Dominikk_pl 2 July, 2014 @ 3:07 pm   6

More than a week ago I bought the Delicious Vita Upgrade for Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. I can’t access the full game, unlock file is nowhere to be found – all I get are avatars and PS3 demo. Can you please fix this?

Yes, fix this please!

I sure hope the Guacamelee update doesn’t have the same problem!

Jawad Ashraf 2 July, 2014 @ 3:17 pm

Strange one. It wasn’t in your download list?

Dominikk_pl 2 July, 2014 @ 3:21 pm

No, you can only download the Ps3 demo. There’s no unlock file on the download list.

MoFoMedia 2 July, 2014 @ 3:22 pm

Yup, still waiting for this to get resolved.

No, it’s not in the DL-list. Apparently a lot of people have this problem according to the dev.

If you can’t fix it, could you please make sure we get a refund?

AKGermany 2 July, 2014 @ 5:01 pm

Add me to the list of those having the same problem, please resolve this somehow.

Qismat 2 July, 2014 @ 5:43 pm

Same issue here, and the Delicious Vita Upgrade no longer appears as bought in the store (I can put it in cart while logged on).

Dominikk_pl 2 July, 2014 @ 6:27 pm

I can’t download the Vita Upgrade anymore too. Delicious Bundle is still available though, and still without the unlock.

Archacus 2 July, 2014 @ 3:07 pm   7

Excuse me, sorry to bother you.

I’ve been told by Mr. Nick Accordino to ask on EU blog about retail edition of Freedom Wars. I know that it is not your job, but would anyone from PS team could contact the right person and give us some sign about Freedom Wars? We would really like to know if we will be able to buy retail edition of this game… and importing the game from US is not an option this time because it is online game…

So please! if anyone could be so kind to contact the right team and give us some sign. I and probably many others would be very greatful!

Jawad Ashraf 2 July, 2014 @ 3:17 pm

I’ll see what I can dig up but I believe it’s best to wait for more EU release info right here on the blog.

Archacus 2 July, 2014 @ 3:22 pm

@Jawad Ashraf
    Thank you very much! I apreciate it!

Release info probably won’t come anytime soon, mr. Nick said that they are still working on title and they don’t even know the date for NA. And that was… 2 days ago I think. It is quite scary that there are preorders offers for NA but there is non for EU… so yeah… if it is possible please give us some sign do we have anything to fear or not.

Anyway, like I said thank you very much even if you won’t be able to give us anything!

Archacus 2 July, 2014 @ 3:25 pm

Oh and retail edition for NA was already confirmed by Mr. Nick

misi2mezei 2 July, 2014 @ 3:29 pm

You can import the game from USA without problem. You will be able to play online with EU account too, just can’t buy DLC’s.
    Of course this is only true if there is no online pass or something.

Archacus 2 July, 2014 @ 3:36 pm

@misi2mezei
    Sadly Japanese version has online pass

We asked Mr.Nick to also give us some sign if we will be able to play on imported version. He said he don’t know but he will check it for us.

Archacus 2 July, 2014 @ 3:38 pm

Edit: doesn’t know*

misi2mezei 2 July, 2014 @ 4:38 pm

That’s too bad:S
    I thought they already left this online pass (CENSORED) and don’t use it any more…

Archacus 2 July, 2014 @ 5:26 pm

@misi2mezai
    That’s why it is important to know whether we w are going to get retail… or are we doomed to not play this marvelous gem (I hope not… I bought Vita for that game). Well… before that we should also wait for reply from SCEA… like I said Mr.Nick promised to check it…

…but anyway let’s hope we won’t need that. I’d rather pay SCEE than SCEA even if it is bit more expensive than importing.

I hope Mr. Jawad will bring us some news… let’s keep our fingers crossed.

ThugETH 2 July, 2014 @ 5:46 pm

Its number 1 todays media create sales chart. 180k sold day 1 in JPN.
    Neogaf say the games way too short and has day 1 paid DLC lol

Archacus 2 July, 2014 @ 6:03 pm

@ThugETH
    Precisely speaking 188k.
    I don’t visit NeoGAF… hmm… at the momment DLCs are free if I’m not mistaken (o.O)

They said that there will be also paid one… but right now I think there are only free one…. but they said that there will be more free ones in the future so I don’t mind.

And I don’t heard anything about it being short… well if multiplayer will be good I won’t mind it. Also I heard that some people say that the game is too hard… man I hope they won’t make it easier :/ games should be challenging like old jRPGs or Dark Souls IMHO

Fred Dutton 2 July, 2014 @ 7:25 pm

I appreciate it’s not the answer some of you want to hear, but I can confirm that Freedom Wars will be a digital-only release in SCEE.

Archacus 2 July, 2014 @ 8:06 pm

@Fred Dutton
    Huh… thank you… I feared that it was the case…

Is that final decision? We don’t have any chances at all… for example dunno crowdfunding of retail? We reach the goal we get retail? Man… that’s the worst news I’ve heard today… I shouldn’t have bought Vita…

Anyway Thank you…

dark_angel69 2 July, 2014 @ 9:39 pm

@Fred
    That’s a joke right? Please tell me your telling a joke!!! It’s gota be a joke!! Was so excited for it and now there’s no point in even buying it. Can you confirm the US copy will work in ours? Won’t be buying digital.

AstraeaVeritas 2 July, 2014 @ 10:11 pm

@Fred/Sony
    Just would like to say if this is set in stone will not be purchasing this title until it’s dirt cheap or on plus if at all.
    Please note that I would have paid full price at retail. Please pass this across to relevant decision makers.

Also why are the Americans getting retail when vita is doing worse over there?

Will Oreshika be subject to this shoddy treatment also?

When will you be releasing 64gb cards (at reasonable price) to accommodate these increasing downloads?

ThugETH 2 July, 2014 @ 11:04 pm

No buy from me then.
    Went from day 1 buy to no buy just from Freds post. Don’t support this nonsense.

Sony hates Vita owners.

Digital only in Europe is the cold shower I didn’t expect today. Disappointing. I won’t buy it at the full price, then, because this isn’t a trend I want to support financially. Please reconsider.

ianuarius 2 July, 2014 @ 11:36 pm

@Fred

Freedom War in DD. ok, I don’y buy it.

thatbasedgamer 3 July, 2014 @ 1:51 am

*slow clap* good job Sony good job. You see it REALLY boggles my mind why you make STUPID RETARDED decisions like this. The memory card prices are extremely ridiculous as it is. Do you REALLY think people are going to bother with a digital only Freedom Wars? This was my anticipated title of this year and now it has been crushed thx to your usual screwup. Now if the game bombs in the EU then you have yourselves to blame. Are you that bleeding cheap to put this on a cartridge? I REFUSE to buy a digital version of this game, especially the fact tgat my memory card is nearly filled up. I seriously hope to God this doesn’t come with an online pass because if it does then this will bomb and it will be yoir damn fault. Urgh why can’t you people get anything right? The vita gets treated like a bloody joke. Do you not see the potential the device has? You just treat it like garbage! Why does this have to be a digital only? And you wonder why Soul Sacrifice delta didn’t sell well in the EU. its your Godamn fault because you make some of the dumbest decisions in the history of mankind. So p***** off about this. Can’t you for once get anythimg right? I mean look at the store. A complete mess and you guys can’t even be bothered to do anything about it. Disgraceful!

Winter-Dragon 3 July, 2014 @ 3:11 am

Hearing that this is going to be digital only is a big downer. Restrictive expensive memory cards and more often than not the price is as expensive or more than a typical physical copy of any other game.

Not really an incentive to purchase the game. Can’t even import if it’s got an online pass and possible dlc.

Weetrice 3 July, 2014 @ 5:30 am

@Fred Dutton

Really? what a joke! SS:Delta and now Freedom Wars…great job SCEE. I wouldn’t mind Digital only if you don’t charge us Australians over $50 for a digital only release.

DarkBahamut87 3 July, 2014 @ 8:50 am

Atlus and Aksys were not enough. Now also the actual HARDWARE HOUSE starts to discriminate their userbase! But while I can understand Atlus and Aksys (they don’t have an EU office, after all), I really can’t condone this from YOU, SCEE. You should be the one that gives the example to other publishers on how games on your console should be published. What you are saying with this decision is that EU players don’t deserve retail games altogether! I can’t tolerate it. I really CAN’T.
    I was looking forward to it, and as you were localizing it in multilanguage I took the retail version for granted, but now… it suddenly became a huge, awful joke. Won’t support and won’t buy this game unless you reconsider. Goodbye.

Serpantino 3 July, 2014 @ 9:32 am

What the hell sony.? Are you really that stupid? You know people hate this digital only rubbish yet you’re pushing that overpriced tat on us. Sony Europe is the worst company. Say goodbye to lots of sales. No doubt you’ll spout a load of rubbish to your superiors as to why it doesn’t sell well.

Well done for killing your own game before it’s released.

INS1GHTFUL 3 July, 2014 @ 10:15 am

Just wanted to add another supporter to bringing freedom wars to europe in physical format. Sony will definitely lose alot of sales if this is digital only.

Envirasu 3 July, 2014 @ 11:17 am

Definitely needs a physical release. SS Delta made sense as it was just an expanded version of the original, but Freedom Wars is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year.

jamyskis 3 July, 2014 @ 11:46 am

I’m quite honestly disgusted by this decision as well. I have to ask myself if SCEE is making a concerted effort to kill the Vita here in Europe. The US and Japan get quality JRPGs and strategy titles and, Demon Gaze and Ys: Memories of Celceta notwithstanding, we get brushed off with second-rate ports of console titles, leaving all the best stuff like the Atelier Series and Ragnarok Odyssey to rot in digital-only distribution.

I’m now torn as to whether to just import this from the US, forego any potential DLC and be done with it (as I seem to be doing with a lot of Vita stuff of late), or wait and see if SCEE eventually sees sense.

MigueKatsura666 3 July, 2014 @ 2:32 pm

@Fred Dutton please, tell me this is a joke. Freedom Wars is the BIGGEST game for vita this year. We really need a retail relese for add this game to our physichal game collection. Please, I beg you for that.

JorporMark 3 July, 2014 @ 5:39 pm

@ Fred/Sony, Digital only for one of your only big releases for the coming months—or should I say years? With the crap support you’re giving the Vita. I will not buy it digital. Absolutely not. I wish I could just import it, but no. Freaking online passes. I thought you guys were done with that? I hope you guys come to your senses soon and decide to give Freedom Wars a physical release as well. Otherwise, I won’t buy. And a lot of other people won’t either.

thecontroller92 3 July, 2014 @ 7:32 pm

@fred

wow Sony really doesn’t care about the vita in western regions huh. even though i’m affected by this since mine is a US account, this still kinda [deleted] me off. you see not everyone has memory cards like 64 gb and 32 gb due to its riduculous prices, even my 64gb is reaching its limit. pushing for digital only is not the way to go and will only diminish your sales prospect.

second, the vita is a Sony system and this game is first party game, by not releasing a retail version when other regions get the retail versions kinda shows that you do not really care. is it really that hard when games made by smaller companies such as NISA can produce retail versions?

lastly, kinda funny that there are limited editions of sony first party games in asia, even limited edition vita consoles. over in western regions, zero first party games have limited edition copies while 3rd parties have plenty

I-Draikin-I 3 July, 2014 @ 8:24 pm

After Sega announced a retail version for both the US and the EU PS Vita version of Project Diva F 2nd, despite the first game being digital-only in the EU, I find it hard to imagine that Sony can’t do the same for the PS Vita’s biggest title of the year. The memory card prices are still far too high to make digital downloads worth buying for the Vita.

jamyskis 4 July, 2014 @ 6:32 am

Thank you @Archacus – signed and tweeted.

Martileon 2 July, 2014 @ 3:07 pm   8

Why are Vita games on Plus so bad?
Doki Doki Universe – 66 on Metacritic
LEGO Batman 2 – 62 on Metacritic

I remember somewhere we were promised only “good games” with a Metacritic of 70 or more.

zalwelgoedgaan 2 July, 2014 @ 3:51 pm

A while ago they unofficially dropped the 70 score requirement, judging by the amount of trash that barged its way into the PS+ lineup.

Lt_Combo 2 July, 2014 @ 8:42 pm

Really enjoying Doki Doki universe on PS4 tbh … I don’t know about the minimum score but we got Dragons crown last month and Muramasa rebirth the month before… Those were both really good in my opinion ..

Also, Metacritic has been corrupted for a while now .. SOOO MANY TROLLS . Look at the WD user score, it was like 3 or 4 because of pathetic trolls and now it’s only a 6 or so. I mean the game was REALLY solid, it might not have been as graphically impressive as the first reveal etc. But it was a great game with an ok story, great fluid gameplay and mechanics and TONS of content. But people who did not even own the game felt the need to give it a 1, even wrote openly about it in their small reviews about how they were “correcting the score” and doing all of us a favor or how bad UBI was, or how it didn’t run a stable 60fps/ultra on their rig etc etc.

fps_d0minat0r 2 July, 2014 @ 8:47 pm

Just had a look at the metacritic list for vita.
    tbh most of the AAA’s which are rated above 70+ on vita have already been on PS+ (either allocated to vita, or for PS3 and available on vita because of cross buy)

Tearaway, Ys: Memories of Celceta or Toukiden would be awesome next month.
    And im not sure why some games are not even on metacritic like WRC4 or lego marvel superheroes (Im sure im looking at the all time list)

“Deal of the week

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS3) – Was €59.99/ £39.99/€79.95 now €39.99/ £24.99/ €49.95″

*sighs*

If only the PS4 version could get the same discount… please?

Ornigon 2 July, 2014 @ 3:10 pm

I’m not getting the double € price. What is the correct one? Would also prefer PS4 version.

Jawad Ashraf 2 July, 2014 @ 3:20 pm

Woops, last one is AU.

counterUAVbaby 2 July, 2014 @ 3:20 pm

Not everyone owns a PS4 you have to get over it.

Scuffy_P 2 July, 2014 @ 3:27 pm

Not everyone wants to buy games on the PS3′s 7-8 year old tech. Get have to get over it.

counterUAVbaby 2 July, 2014 @ 3:40 pm

@Scuffy_P Not everyone has the money to do so. Get over it.

Rochala 2 July, 2014 @ 4:25 pm

Indeed not everyone has the money for it, but he never said NOT to make ps3 discounts, he only asked for ps4

Dark_Overlord 2 July, 2014 @ 8:08 pm

I managed to get the Wolfenstein Occupied Edition on the PS4 for £24.99 brand new from GAME last weekend :) If you’ve got one nearby you could check they’re still selling it for that :)

zero_light 2 July, 2014 @ 9:21 pm

Agreed. Why do we keep seeing these games discounted on PS3 and not on both. NBA2k14 last time, now Wolfie.

nulenvoid 3 July, 2014 @ 3:31 am

These PS3 deals but not the PS4 counterparts are a bit of a slap in the face for early supporters

INS1GHTFUL 2 July, 2014 @ 3:08 pm   10

Child of light for me this week..
The wolfenstein discount looks good too.
Is there any chance of a future sale on Zen Pinball tables?
thanks!

THUNDERCAT1973 2 July, 2014 @ 3:09 pm   11

really who in there right mind would pay £39.99 Atelier Rorona Plus and £54.99(Yes 54.99!) for JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle! great prices in the sale but the price of new stuff is an insult. no one will ever take sony seriously on the digital front. talk about greed

Yeah I know what you mean lol. I was looking forward to atelier rorona on vita but £34.99 is way too much, imo.

TeddyBearTwinkle 2 July, 2014 @ 4:00 pm

if you dont like it switch to xbox thunderthighs

THUNDERCAT1973 2 July, 2014 @ 4:11 pm

and why would i want to switch

a already have one
    b prices aren’t much better their
    c digital stuff should not be this expensive. i would buy most of my stuff digitally if it was cheaper than a physical copy . no reason apart from greed why its not,granted the game companys are more to blame than Sony or Microsoft
    d please feel free to insult me again and how everyone what a nasty little person you are!

blendercat27 2 July, 2014 @ 7:09 pm

@THUNDERCAT1973 – Digital prices for retail games are non-competitive with retailers, because the publishers still rely on physical retailers, and need them to continue buying shipments of new product. If those retailers can’t match or beat digital pricing, it jeopardizes the publishers’ ability to sell shipments at all, and thus prevents them from getting games on shelves in stores.

I know it’s easy for you to sit there in your comfortable chair and throw stones at other people on the internet and accuse them of greed whenever you feel like it, but perhaps you should have a rethink, and reconsider your conspiracy theories and accept reality. If you’re not happy with the digital price, then buy a boxed copy.

This week Sniper 3 landed on NA PSN. Checked the price, it’s only 50$. In EU it was 60euro, which is 81,88$. That’s 63% higher price for EU compared to NA. Even with the 20% Vat, it still doesn’t calculate. Why is SCEE extorting extra money from Europeans? Just disband it and give us cheaper games, problem solved.

Also, why was there no love for PS4 this week?

Scuffy_P 2 July, 2014 @ 3:16 pm

Get used to it. The “next generation” begins in 2015.

LordBeloved 2 July, 2014 @ 3:21 pm

Either:

a. Europe is considered to be wealthier.
    b. NA has better competition from MS and Nintendo.
    c. Europe has high regulation and approval costs.

MoFoMedia 2 July, 2014 @ 3:21 pm

Why do you even compare it like that? It’s not how money works and it’s not how the world works.

WearingFin 2 July, 2014 @ 3:36 pm

We’ll still get taxed on it, possibly import duty as well somehow, lack of any localisation and potentially end up paying more when the Fed stops QE3 later this year. Plus publishers will find a way to get more money, the reason why games don’t cost USD70 over there is because of retail which will disappear by the next generation. Retail power over here is too disparate given multiple countries and multiple ways of working, take the discounting ability in the UK versus the lack of it in France. Talk about QE3 and you talk about the general weakening of the dollar over the last year. Take a logical point in EUR / USD as a base, presume the price hike never took place and it makes more sense. But that’s thinking of it logically, talking about extortion and the like makes it so much easier to harp on about every single week. Let’s not even talk about inflation with a price point which has remained relatively stable for the past 30 years, but inflation certainly hitting development costs. Sniper 3 Elite… UK developer… £1 is now $1.7 which means they’re making less from each copy than they would have made in December when it was $1.5 from factors which were outside of their control and outside the control of pretty much all publishers.

But then you could always just make a US account, I hear it’s quite easy to do. But then it would mean an absence of these weekly posts… Bound by Whatever, Never something or other.

Because Belgium just kicked the US out of the World Cup, that’s why.

I can’t see any other logical reason.

TeddyBearTwinkle 2 July, 2014 @ 4:01 pm

well the jokes on NA they have to pay $30 for new and tasty we only have to pay £20 so in your face usa

yasink 3 July, 2014 @ 2:26 am

TeddyBearTwinkle
    just to point out going by exchange rates if they paid the $30 in £ it would cost £17.49

Rob_Alpha 2 July, 2014 @ 3:10 pm   13

Make your mind up Sony, earlier you said Ratchet and Clank Collection comes out today http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/02/ratchet-clank-trilogy-launches-ps-vita-today/ now you say Friday.
You say it’s crossbuy yet the PS3 version is £15 and the Vita version is £20?

alphastreamz 2 July, 2014 @ 3:31 pm

Sony’s like YOLO …

LordBeloved 2 July, 2014 @ 3:52 pm

Just buy the PS3 version ;)

MlNlN3V 2 July, 2014 @ 5:02 pm

The PS3 version better be cross buy. I bought it today purely because I want to play R&C on my vita but the PS3 version was on sale.

If suddenly it’s not cross buy I’m going to be furious, that’s false advertising.

The War Thunder stuff is not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey & Ukraine.

Why release it at all? Is this still the EU store?

Also, could you as those devs to hurry up & get out of the BETA phase? It’s taken long enough now.

hayzink 2 July, 2014 @ 3:11 pm   15

never expected a Guacamelee upgrade i was all set to pay full price again.

many thanks drinkbox

MoFoMedia 2 July, 2014 @ 3:20 pm

If the upgrade works. Mutant Blob Attacks upgrade still isn’t fixed.

StevenJamesHyde 2 July, 2014 @ 3:11 pm   16

Is the Guacamelee! upgrade available to those who own the PS+ version?

Jawad Ashraf 2 July, 2014 @ 3:48 pm

I believe so :)

LordBeloved 2 July, 2014 @ 3:53 pm

Good question!

I would presume it will be, since the store treats PS Plus deals as regular sales, but you never know!

jamie-sixtyfour 2 July, 2014 @ 5:04 pm

In addition would the upgrade mean you could play the PS4 version be available even after you unsubscribe from PS+?

You’re essentially upgrading a PS+ game to a non-PS+ game, right?

I have no interest in unsubscribing from PS+ I just thought the situation was interesting.

StevenJamesHyde 2 July, 2014 @ 5:23 pm

Now up on the store and showing as unavailable to me. Do I maybe need to have downloaded, played or popped a trophy on the other editions rather than simply purchasing?

LordBeloved 2 July, 2014 @ 9:30 pm

@jamie-sixtyfour: Should you buy the upgrade, you can check whether the game has an end date (all PS Plus games have end dates, that corresponds with the end date of your PS Plus subscription). I’m 99% confident that you get to keep the game after expiration.

@StevenJamesHyde: Strange, it’s available to buy for me. But I did finish the game on Vita.

Also: a week ago I bought the Delicious Vita Upgrade for Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. I can’t access the full game, unlock file is nowhere to be found – all I get are avatars and PS3 demo. Can you please fix this or get me my money back?

jorispelgrom 2 July, 2014 @ 3:12 pm   18

Any chance there’ll be a Child of Light demo on the Vita, since it is available to the US?

Waiting4GodOfWar 2 July, 2014 @ 3:14 pm   19

When will the games be available? The PS Store still shows the old prices, and the old PS+ games…

MoFoMedia 2 July, 2014 @ 3:15 pm   20

I don’t trust game upgrades anymore since Sony isn’t fixing the Mutant Blobs Attack upgrade. It’s like they aren’t even willing to try and fix it.

Bovrillor 2 July, 2014 @ 3:17 pm   21

Wolfenstein (PS3 version) is still significantly cheaper on Amazon, and there’s no online pass BS so used copies work just fine.

It’s not one of those ‘noisy disc’ games so there’s really no incentive to go digital with Wolfie

Roxas598 2 July, 2014 @ 3:17 pm   22

Rabble rabble rabble rabble

Dilust 2 July, 2014 @ 3:18 pm   23

Please, discount the Kingdom of Amalur dlc-s.

BlueVane 2 July, 2014 @ 3:18 pm   24

Is the Guacamelee Upgrade applicable to those of us who got the PS3 version through Playstation Plus’s Instant Game Collection?

Lethalx08 2 July, 2014 @ 3:18 pm   25

Where is the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution demo ?. Bamco said the 2nd of July on EU PSN !.

mike_291990 2 July, 2014 @ 5:59 pm

It was delayed. They announced the delay yesterday but never stated why. Only Japan got it on PS3. The west got it on 360 already…
    We should get it next week though.

Lethalx08 2 July, 2014 @ 7:55 pm

Thanks Mike :)

HAWK__DRAGON 2 July, 2014 @ 3:19 pm   26

@Jawad Ashraf
hi javad
is there any discounts coming on PS PLUS ?! last year we had good offers and i didn’t get it :(
now i’m waiting for another discounts or any good offers for PS PLUS to buy another one year PS PLUS membership !

Ac3_l1ghtn1ng 2 July, 2014 @ 3:19 pm   27

any news on the free one piece dlc? it was supposed to be released today but I can’t find it

sem1471 2 July, 2014 @ 3:19 pm   28

why couldn’t you secure a similar discount for wolfenstein on ps4? I’d like to play it on, you know, ‘the most powerful next-gen console’, not my creaky old ps3.

seems the only time you highlight the ps4 is when boasting of console sales figures.

Tuulenpoika 2 July, 2014 @ 3:21 pm   29

I didn’t make it in time last week, but I want to say thank you for the last week’s update. You actually managed to make Castlevania Chronicles X available, that’s extremely great!

And I want to thank you even more for this week’s update and especially the big sale! This is the kind of sale gamers want, and finally we got something like it! Huge, HUGE thanks for this!

Even though there were some appropriate titles missing from the sale (like Breath of Fire 3 and other JRPGS and Guilty Gear and BlazBlue games for PSP), I hope you could make them available with reduced prices some day. Today was more than enough for your part, I’m happy to spend money on PSN this week. Thanks again!

cowbanana 2 July, 2014 @ 6:02 pm

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles doesn’t work on Vita though :( That’s a major bummer.

There’s two PSP games I want; Dracula X and Ultimate Ghosts’n Goblins. When one finally shows up… of course it doesn’t work on Vita. Lazy and lame…

Goldjit 2 July, 2014 @ 3:23 pm   30

Oh what the hell!? I was prepped and ready to play that today!

deadfolk_ie 2 July, 2014 @ 3:35 pm

To quote Darth Vader: “I’m altering the deal. Pray I don’t alter it further.”

But yeah, sucks. It’s the whole “can’t annoy the retailers” thing. Only release on a Friday.

Goldjit 2 July, 2014 @ 3:42 pm

I gathered as much but they could of atleast said so in the first place. Hell there’s a topic on this site solely stating it’s out today! You can’t just hype someone up and leave them deflated with small lettered fine print.

deadfolk_ie 2 July, 2014 @ 3:46 pm

Amen, brother. I hear ya. Was planning to play tonight myself.

graz16 2 July, 2014 @ 3:46 pm

Apparently they can.

sgtmania 2 July, 2014 @ 4:08 pm

it’s ridiculous.

Still no 1001 Spikes for PS4? Whats the delay about guys?

bradleyEIRE 2 July, 2014 @ 3:25 pm   32

By mistake my local game shop started selling the complete edition of Child of Light Vita on Sunday (£15.99). Cant recommend it enough guys and gals, looks gorgeous on the handheld. The vita is worth buying just to play games made on the UbiArt engine. Valiant Hearts next please Ubi.

Suzzopher 2 July, 2014 @ 3:26 pm   33

Hey Jawad,

I posted this last week but no answer even support can’t answer, I contacted Konami and Natsume regarding their PSP games and why they aren’t Vita compatible, they replied that it is down to SCEE as far as they are concerned they should be. So what is going on with Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Gradius Collection, PES 2014, Silent Hill and Mystic Chronicles?

Jawad Ashraf 2 July, 2014 @ 3:53 pm

As far as I am aware that would be covered in the QA process and discussed with the respective publishers. I don’t have further information than that sadly.

Leakster88 2 July, 2014 @ 3:27 pm   34

Any word on if 1,001 Spikes is coming out soon?
It released in the US a few weeks ago.

deadfolk_ie 2 July, 2014 @ 3:29 pm   35

So you can buy the Vita version of Ratchet and Clank for €24.99 or the PS3 version for €17.99, but as it’s cross-buy you get the same thing, i.e. both platforms? There’s no reason to pay €24.99?

Exactly.

Mardolina 2 July, 2014 @ 4:07 pm

But I would hurry so you can buy it before they change it to the higher price (happened to previous cross-buy games).

Tieske 3 July, 2014 @ 9:08 am

I bought the PS3 version for 18 euro, after that you can “buy” the Vita version for free. :) Works perfectly!

mellan_Konsten 2 July, 2014 @ 3:29 pm   36

@Jawad @Jawad Ashraf

Great week to be a Vita owner. A great sale, new native games and a lot of PSM titles.

I have a question though, do you have an ETA on the drawing/painting app Colors! for the Vita. As I understand it it was submitted to you a couple of weeks ago. I would also be happy if you could give us some information regardig the release of the Starlight inception patch/update.

Thank you for your time and keep on the good work :)

Jawad Ashraf 2 July, 2014 @ 3:51 pm

Not at the moment, stay tuned in case we announce the date for Colors on the blog.

mellan_Konsten 2 July, 2014 @ 4:53 pm

As you have the draw your pet competition I thought that Colors was going to get released this week. I look forward to the announcement and thank you for answering my question.

jehuty_2174 2 July, 2014 @ 3:30 pm   37

@jawad
I asked before and i ll ask again. can we see wipeout hd fury and 2048 in a sale soon. looking to replace the disc that was stolen and need me some vita love to ;-)
Pretty please look into it
i m giving my thanks in advance

Capt_Darling 2 July, 2014 @ 3:34 pm   38

Hello Jawad,
I noticed last night that on the US store they added some warranty items, “PLAYSTATION PROTECTION PLAN PS4 NON-ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE 36 MONTHS” ($49.99).

Is it possible for similar here?
I’m sure lots of people, myself included, would be very interested.

Thanks.

deadfolk_ie 2 July, 2014 @ 3:37 pm

“NON-ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE”

So if you throw it out of a window, they’ll replace it? Odd wording.

TeddyBearTwinkle 2 July, 2014 @ 4:03 pm

int gonna happen

zalwelgoedgaan 2 July, 2014 @ 4:04 pm

America loves themselves some protection plans, they had a PS3 one for ages. I wouldn’t really count on Europe getting one.

Roxas598 2 July, 2014 @ 3:35 pm   39

I wouldn’t bother getting the rathet and clank collection on vita anyway I’ve heard and seen screenshots and its just another lazy useless looks like carp port

INS1GHTFUL 2 July, 2014 @ 3:35 pm   40

Hi Jawad
there was talk a while ago that PS Mobile games would get trophy support. Is there any update on this? some of the games look good but part of me has been holding off in case trophy support is introduced later.
thanks

Ulic_SAA 2 July, 2014 @ 3:36 pm   41

Lego: Batman 2 is still £20, and not free. I checked at 16:32 today.

Paquete89 2 July, 2014 @ 3:37 pm   42

I clicked on the post so excited to read about a deal on Wolfenstein andddd…it’s ps3! Come on, it’s time for the ps4 to start getting some deals. Wolfenstein was discounted during the steam summer sale.

Zulu1879 2 July, 2014 @ 3:37 pm   43

Preordered sniper elite 3 on ps4 from psn and bonus dlc will not download. Anybody else having this problem?

Started off going digital this gen but its been nothing but trouble and overpriced. Going back to disc versions which are cheaper and can ve traded in.

DaftMav 2 July, 2014 @ 3:39 pm   44

War Thunder – Plus Free Starter Pack (Free) – Not available in pretty much ALL of Europe… what?

XSpike 3 July, 2014 @ 6:21 pm

Don’t you worry… I downloaded it but it didn’t unlock the plane in the d/l has gone..

Rochala 2 July, 2014 @ 3:39 pm   45

Are there any news about new countries getting PS mobile support ? It will be great if you could tell anything specific about Greece.

Also please do something about the Download list, filters are much needed.

jaspertandy 2 July, 2014 @ 3:42 pm   46

It really irritates me that these posts go up before the store updates.

moriarty1975 2 July, 2014 @ 3:42 pm   47

Price of the Ghosts DLC is wrong (again)

Flags of the World Pack €2.99 – should be €1.99
Squad Pack – Resistance €2.99 – should be €3.99

And yes the Extinction Pack DLC is, 2 weeks after release, still wrong, its €2.99 on the store, should be €1.99

Those that were overcharged will feel its not worth calling support for the €1 refund I guess. That works out pretty nice for SCEE doesn’t it?

But anywho, if you could just go ahead & fix those prices that’d be great.

MoFoMedia 2 July, 2014 @ 3:42 pm   48

And maybe someone can press the update button :p

Bumblebee 2 July, 2014 @ 3:45 pm   49

Gutted, I bought Child of Light days before they announced the Vita version and I’ve already got Strider on PS4, plus own Ratchet & Clank on PS3 disc so this is a BAD day for me… If CoL was discounted for those who own it I would buy it on a heartbeat. Makes me want to stop buying any games.
Also, someone should tell Tecmo they’ve killed Dead or Alive with their greed… I was a huge fan but they’ve released far too many costumes and they don’t even work with my copy. It’s a joke. Micro transactions killed my love for that game.

TeddyBearTwinkle 2 July, 2014 @ 4:03 pm

ha

Bumblebee 3 July, 2014 @ 12:21 pm

Thanks for the valuable contribution, TeddyBearTwinkle. It was really worth you logging in to add that to the discussion. Congratulations.

mh637099 2 July, 2014 @ 3:47 pm   50

The ACE COMBAT INFINITY Launch Commemoration Pack is not being seen anywhere on the Store

Load all