Posted 5:28pm

Destiny Collectors’ Editions detailed in full

Find out what’s included in the Limited Edition, Ghost Edition and Digital Guardian Edition

It’s Bungie Day. You want information. You want answers! You want the truth. Here goes…

If all you need from Destiny is a grand adventure that sends you to the stars in search of your own personal legend, we’ve got you more than covered. If you’ve played Bungie games in the past, you’re not prepared for the scope and the scale of this next-gen shooter.

header

However! If you crave more ways to express your inner-Guardian, we’ve also got you covered. Destiny is all about collecting loot, after all. The treasures you claim on your missions will enhance your experience. They’ll make you a unique warrior in a brave new world worthy of heroes. They’ll deepen your understanding of the journey. This is as true for the Guardian that kicks alien ass it is for the player that drives them forward.

Be you a Guardian or a collector, there is a version of Destiny for you. Check ‘em out.

Limited Edition

limited

Humanity has been searching the ruins of our Golden Age for Guardians – heroes capable of wielding Light as a weapon. You have just been found and given a vital mission: defend our home, drive back the forces of Darkness, find a way to awaken the Traveler, and Become Legend.

Contents

• Limited edition SteelBook case and game disc
  • Guardian Folio, containing:
    • “Arms and Armament” Field Guide: Many believe the weapons and armor featured in this record are a myth. You will learn the truth.
    • Postcards from the Golden Age: Our worlds have been claimed by our enemies. Now, it’s time to take them back.
    • Antique Star Chart: Explore the wild frontiers of our solar system. Discover all that we have lost.
  • Collector’s edition digital content: The City has provided you with a cache of items to start you on your journey, including:
    • A Unique Ghost Casing
    • An Exclusive Player Emblem
    • An Exclusive Player Ship Skin
  • Includes the Destiny Expansion Pass*

Ghost Edition

ghost

This is your Ghost. It sought you out for centuries. It found you, dead and forgotten in the ruins of our civilisation’s violent Collapse, and it brought you back to life to protect us all. Defend our home, drive back the forces of Darkness, find a way to awaken the Traveler, and Become Legend.

Contents

• Limited edition SteelBook case and game disc
  • Ghost Replica: This is your motion-sensing Ghost, featuring lights and audio from the game. May it lead you through the Darkness.
  • Letter of Introduction: These worlds were once ours. If you accept your destiny, you will be asked to do the impossible.
  • Golden Age Relics, which include a Patch, Sticker and two Chrome slides of the Traveler (was previously missing from the description)
  • Guardian Folio, containing:
  •  Collector’s Edition digital content: The City has also provided you with a cache of items to start you on your journey, including:
    • A Unique Ghost Casing
    • An Exclusive Player Emblem
    • An Exclusive Player Ship Skin
  •  Includes the Destiny Expansion Pass*

Digital Guardian Edition

guardian

Destiny is a next generation first person shooter, with rich cinematic storytelling set in huge worlds to explore. Create and customise your Guardian. Defeat your enemies. Become Legend in intense cooperative, competitive, and innovative public gameplay modes.

Contents

• Digital download of Destiny
  • Early access to Vanguard Armory and Player Emblem pre-order bonus
  • Reservation for two upcoming Destiny Expansions, “The Dark Below” and “House of Wolves,” featuring:
    • Brand new story missions
    • Cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas
    • A wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn
  • Collector’s Edition Digital Content Pack: Exclusive in-game Ghost Casing, Player Ship, and Player Emblem
  • Includes the Destiny Expansion Pass*

*Destiny Expansion Pass
Expand your Destiny adventure with brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer arenas, and all wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn. The Destiny Expansion Pass includes Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below and Destiny Expansion II: House of Wolves. In The Dark Below, you’ll discover an ancient tomb has been unsealed. Beneath the surface of the Moon, a dark god has answered centuries of prayer, and a dark army has risen. Explore the true depths of the Hellmouth. Stop the dark Hive ritual and survive.

Of course, every pre-order of Destiny is deserving of special rewards – even if all you want is the game we’ve always wanted to make at Bungie. Your commitment to become a Guardian on Day One will gain you favour with the Vanguard Quartermaster in the Tower. This is not the only way to earn Vanguard items – but it’s a jump start in the arms race.

Want a closer look at all of this?

To unpack all the details, our friends at IGN are joining the Bungie Day party. Watch as they open the box that contains your bright future. All month long, they’ll be helping us tell the story that leads to the Destiny beta, and the final launch of the game.

editions

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

79 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Mashakosha 7 July, 2014 @ 5:39 pm   1

I need that Ghost replica in my life.

TheMrMuscle 7 July, 2014 @ 5:39 pm   2

Any word on the possibility to upgrade the PSN pre-order to Digital Guardian Edition?

So when will the Digital Guardian Edition be available? I wanted to pre-order before the beta, and I’d go for that edition.

Chasing_a_Light 8 July, 2014 @ 1:32 pm

The Destiny digital guardin edition is available on the us psn now

SuicidalSteve 7 July, 2014 @ 5:40 pm   4

Hope to know where I can preorder the Ghost Edition?

Grey_Fox007 7 July, 2014 @ 5:46 pm   5

I, too would like to know where we can pre-order the Ghost Edition…

Shwepsi 7 July, 2014 @ 5:54 pm   6

So the Amazon Pre-Order is…?
A) Limited Edition (I wish so, but…)
B) Ghost Edition :-)
or
C) Digital Guardian Edition

Roxas598 7 July, 2014 @ 6:13 pm   7

Ghost edition is a GAME exclusive unfortunately and since that edition is 150$ and it’s exclusive to GAME expect to be paying around the same here for it

lousy choice.

D-Star_1 7 July, 2014 @ 6:21 pm   8

I have the SE pre-oredered at my local Game Stop. Will the Ghost Edition be available in Ireland? If so I will upgrade my pre-order. ;)

ThugETH 7 July, 2014 @ 6:57 pm   9

Does Peter Dinklage’s voice come out of the replica ghost?
If he says the wizard line I would buy it!

MikLSP 7 July, 2014 @ 8:09 pm   10

Nice special editions but at £95 and £150 they’re too expensive.

candy-coloured 9 July, 2014 @ 6:10 pm

We should all complain about it. You can contact game via email or webchat here:

I complained about it to them and the customer service representative said, “a number of us have raised this concern to senior members and hopefully this will be looked into.”

The more of us that complain, the more likely it will be taken seriously and reduced.

Let’s do it!

junglist111 7 July, 2014 @ 8:20 pm   11

I really want the ghost edition but GAME got it listed at £150, too expensive 4 me.

Smash_41 7 July, 2014 @ 9:09 pm   12

GAME exclusive:

Limited £94.99
Ghost £149.99

Are they having a laugh? Can’t see them selling many copies at those prices.
I’ll stick with my £44 pre-order thanks.

Capt_Darling 7 July, 2014 @ 10:55 pm

The Ghost edition is $149.99 on Amazon US.
    I can’t imagine that the content is much different if at all.

Rip off Britain is alive and well.

LAA612 8 July, 2014 @ 1:49 am

Sad thing is we shouldnt even be happy with £44, it should be £40 here, but thats actually pretty good as far as prices go.
    Mine is £51 so far on ShopTo, but I know shops seems to be competitive and drop prices closer to launch, so keeping it on for now as they are my prefered place to go for games. If someone beats them significantly, I’ll go elsewhere.

Yeah the UK/EU price are ridiculous.
    In other EU countries (Germany/Belgium so far):
    Limited €109
    Ghost €159

Not as bad as the UK for the Ghost, but still grossly overpriced. In Ireland, Ghost is 220€

candy-coloured 9 July, 2014 @ 6:11 pm

Let’s do it!

TheDaftTool 7 July, 2014 @ 9:26 pm   13

I really was interested in the Ghost edition until I discovered it was Game Exclusive. I stopped buying anything from Game along time ago because of their ridiculous prices and this will be no different. I’ll stick with a standard edition from Amazon.

NarujiRD 8 July, 2014 @ 12:49 am   14

I’m getting the bundle with the ps4. Does that version get some love?

The only item i really want is the expansion pass. The rest is cool and all, great job bungie but it just gonna take up shelve space. If the game gets really big the ghost replica will probably become an common “toy” .

LAA612 8 July, 2014 @ 1:47 am

Would hope so, but I really can’t say. I know for Halo 4 and Halo Reach on the 360 special editions, they got the same as the limited edition’s content (Halo 4 going too far and including something you could only get by getting the console…).

Personally don’t think it will get all of what the limited edition will get, but if you’re lucky, maybe just some special skins or digital unlocks of some sort.

I_am_Fr3nd0 11 July, 2014 @ 9:16 am

yeah man (CENSORED) halo 4 console bundle, they took the unicorn emblem away from halo (and pretty much everything else that was good about halo) ^^

LAA612 8 July, 2014 @ 1:31 am   15

Seriously. Do something about this damn “Next gen tax” here or just rip off UK. The prices should be around £60 and £90 for the Limited and Ghost edition respectively. Instead, we’re expected to pay OVER £90 just for the limited edition.
You’re doing a good job of pushing me away from buying games in the UK and importing from elsewhere.
Shame cause I might have bought the Ghost Edition at £90. These prices arent even infuriating, (they are), they’re more laughable. If I didn’t know the UK, I’d think it was literally a Joke.
*Insert Bender “Oh wait you’re serious let me laugh even harder” gif here*

xampage 8 July, 2014 @ 1:47 am   16

Read: this is the content we removed from the normal edition

Still buying it doh :p

coldboy33 8 July, 2014 @ 6:23 am   17

wait i ordered the regular version of destiny do i still get anything?

RoASted360 8 July, 2014 @ 10:31 am   18

Destiny Ltd edition is £79.97 at GameStop, but yeah UK prices suck. It’s actually cheaper to export over from US. Sadly as long as we keep paying, they’re (retailer + publishers) not going to do anything about it.

Would be nice if PSN could hurry up and get the Digital Edition on the store. Might be persuaded to finally make a purchase…if the price is right of course.

joedix88 8 July, 2014 @ 11:20 am   19

I don’t blame you but I see you chose to neglect to mention the horrendous prices for these CE’s.

Handige_Harry 8 July, 2014 @ 11:22 am   20

Way to expensive: Ghost edition 160 Euro’s in The Netherlands and 109 Euro’s for the Limited.
No don’t going to upgrade my €50- PS4 game.

I_am_Fr3nd0 11 July, 2014 @ 9:20 am

expansion pass will be 35€ so i would consider buying the limited if i were you or at least the digital guardian edition, just saying ^^

I don’t even see any retailers selling Ghost and Limited edition in Norway :( I hope I don’t have to order from UK or US….

Pandadosmares 8 July, 2014 @ 4:52 pm   23

When will Digital Guardian Edition be available for pre-order?

Stonesthrow 8 July, 2014 @ 5:27 pm   24

I’m done with CE’s and the likes, too expensive and don’t have room for it all anyway. Same goes for season passes of even the best looking games. Might not be interested in one aspect of the game like competitive multiplayer and totally hooked on another like co op so might not need all the dlc. From now on I’ll only buy season passes if I already know everything that comes with it.

Lucreto 8 July, 2014 @ 5:33 pm   25

€219 for the Ghost edition. Robbery

I_am_Fr3nd0 11 July, 2014 @ 9:22 am

wow 160€ on amazon here in austria, that’s already pretty much but 220 is insane
    might be cheaper to order from amazon.de and then ship to italy right

vipersniper889 8 July, 2014 @ 7:22 pm   26

How I really want to have this game but without a job and a PS4 still to get I need to really get my but moving ASAP

I_am_Fr3nd0 11 July, 2014 @ 9:22 am

best cause to go working, so you can affored all this CE’s ^^

Patjoew 9 July, 2014 @ 12:20 am   27

whats up with the prices!!! America limited edition: 99 dollars or 73 EURO!!! and we have to pay 109.99 Euro for it!!! With the ghost edition its even worse the comparison.. Why do we have to pay 50% more then the USA taxes oke but really making prices higher then US dollar prices is seriously something wrong..
50% more is not normal BUNGIE!

I_am_Fr3nd0 11 July, 2014 @ 9:23 am

pricing comes from publisher not from developer so don’t hate on bungie man

galmore4272 9 July, 2014 @ 4:11 am   28

How come the PS4 Ghost edition isn’t up for pre-order? Neither Amazon nor Gamestop have it available, except for Xbox one, Xbox 360, and PS3. Very odd, does anyone have an answer to that?

Pandadosmares 9 July, 2014 @ 12:06 pm   29

So many answers that i cant read them all ….

kissthenoise 9 July, 2014 @ 6:32 pm   30

c’mon put the Guardian Edition on EUROPEAN PSN………..

When is the destiny digital edition being made available on UK psn store it’s been on us store for 2 days!?

Slaine_23 9 July, 2014 @ 10:52 pm   32

Agreed, can we have an update to when the digital edition will be available on the EU store? Looking to upgrade my version.

monoliet 10 July, 2014 @ 1:04 am   33

i want also posibility to upgrade to Digital Guardian Edition
very please .

monoliet 10 July, 2014 @ 1:07 am   34

only want Digital Guardian Edition instead of normal .

other versions = keep to you self way to expensife in price.

Sony when is the Destiny Digital Guardian Edition going to be available on the EU / AU PSN stores? As far as I can tell you can already upgrade from standard to Guardian edition on the US store, so not sure why ours would still not be up at this point. I’m ready to throw down an extra 30 bucks to upgrade my standard edition copy as soon as its available

Wellsenkind 10 July, 2014 @ 11:36 pm

Playstation EU is having issues — they haven’t even got redeeming the Beta codes sorted yet — potentially they’re hideously understaffed but who knows as they’re not giving us any info. Won’t be $30 upgrade here in Aus, probably only $20 as EB/JB are selling the Limited for AU$129…

I hope the upgrade is more like $20 as I still don’t agree with the prices on the AU store for digital games. They should be a good deal cheaper than going to pick up a retail copy. In this instance I’ve gone with the digital edition for Destiny as this is one game that I’ll be going back to lots so would prefer not to be switching disks all the time

mortalgod 10 July, 2014 @ 9:24 am   36

Come on!!!

What’s wrong with you people over at Sony?!?

Are you retarded???

We went like fools and preordered the game, and a week after there is a special edition coming…
And you give the US people the choice of having an upgrade to their standard edition, almost instantly.

But…here at EU you ALWAYS give us the middle finger….ALWAYS!

You don’t even respond here at the blog to give us some insight!!
Really nice PR you got there!!

Anyways you people OWE us at least an explanatios as to why the EU store hasn’t been updated yet, and when you are going to do this.

I couldn’t agree more mate. Supposedly the European market is Sony’s largest but you wouldn’t bloody think so! The Sony EU team are always that far behind the US team it’s not funny. As of now we still don’t have the Guardian edition upgrade, and on top of that they weren’t ready for Bungie’s Beta code redemption. At the time of this post every other system can redeem their codes EXCEPT if you own a Sony console that’s in the EU market – including us Aussies. That’s now 2 days since Bungie’s redemption went live and they still haven’t got their act together. Frustrating to say the least.

Number45 10 July, 2014 @ 10:11 am   37

Is nobody going to comment on the Digital Guardian Edition? As of right now it’s likely I’ll be missing out on the beta because it’s not up for pre-order on the store.

Number45 10 July, 2014 @ 11:00 am   38

Can we expect some kind of comment on the availability of the Digital Guardian Edition? The beta goes live in a week, and we have no way of pre-ordering that version at the moment, and no word on whether we can pre-order the standard edition and then upgrade.

At the moment I’m risking missing out on the beta because of this (as are others, judging by the other responses), which is frustrating. :(

Slaine_23 10 July, 2014 @ 1:27 pm   39

Just to add in regards to upgrading the standard to guardian edition, that the option is available on the US store. Would be shocked if the same option isn’t on the EU. Then again we’re still waiting for any kind of info…

Exit_Wounds1 10 July, 2014 @ 10:34 pm   40

@Number45 no need to miss out to partake in beta all you have to do is pre-order standard digital edition on PSN you get Beta access with pre-order then when Beta ends you can cancel order then when they eventually upload Digital Guardian Edition put a pre-order in for that one. I hope this info is helpful to you.

Number45 11 July, 2014 @ 7:39 am   41

I’d rather avoid going through the rigmarole of doing this – because I believe the money is taken as soon as I pre-order, so I’d need to call them up to cancel and get the amount refunded. If they could at least confirm that we can upgrade that version then I’d be all over it.

It’s the silence that’s so frustrating – we don’t even have a “sorry, we’re looking into this” from Sony.

I’ll hold off until early next week at least and see if I have any other options.

Aleksi_D 11 July, 2014 @ 10:40 am   42

Atleast when i pre-ordered money was supposed to transfer 2-3 days ahead of the game release in September.
I did cancel my pre-order of the game though in favor of the digital guardian edition, since i was not sure if i could cancel the pre-order after joining the beta… anyone ever tried something like that?

Patjoew 11 July, 2014 @ 8:28 pm   43

Does sony have more then one person actually working for them on this forum? Have a feeling its only deej…

Aleksi_D 11 July, 2014 @ 8:47 pm   44

Would not be suprising, finnish forum is not in use anymore since they could not hire an moderator. SCEE is sad. Too bad i’m an PS fan xD

Patjoew 11 July, 2014 @ 9:01 pm   45

yeah same like dutch forum its more the hardcore MVP members who give the actual support really sad

Number45 11 July, 2014 @ 10:44 pm   46

Pretty sure Deej is a Bungie community person, not Sony.

Of course that actually makes it worse rather than better in terms of information we have from Sony on this, but there you go.

Massamo84 12 July, 2014 @ 12:13 pm   47

Digital Guardian Edition still not up for me on australian psn

Deej is the Bungie Community Manager and is not employed by Sony – but they should consider hiring him as I’m not sure if they have any actual people working for them at the moment.

HellFast 12 July, 2014 @ 3:43 pm   49

£150 is plain ripoff for GE, I’m sorry.

monoliet 14 July, 2014 @ 4:03 pm   50

them gone lounch wensday 1 day before beta i tink .
17 activision /bungie wil give mail to sony gamers whith code to reateal version
( to digitale psn version i tink wil auto download beta ? )

if sony Europe tem do not sel upgrade buth sel guardian edition in store

= i gone cansel normal version then re buy guardian edition
if them not sel on psn fast i gone buy retail version after beta + cansel psn version .

realy very angry against price policy + always tirth weel to sony !!!

wanted to buy
ps3=
sacred 3
ps3 to ps4 = minecraft + psvita version free tanks a lot mojang +4j studio
ps4=
desteny
bf hardline
ac
cod
dragon age
far cry
terraria
starbound if release 2014 -2015
whitcher 2015

buth prices digitale + real store are gone up huge whith some publishers ( + digitale stil more then real store whith no disk ! )
so to compenseate = no more bf no more cod + both no pas = profit of 200+ €
instead of normal edition desteny i want upgrade whith mony + make profit to buy some other games /dlc frome devlopers+ publishers who are stil normal in the head on the price site !!!!

to me simpel ea prices are one of the big raisers = nr 1 reason i cansel bf
dragon age normal edition real store = 10 € lesser then psn 59€ = i can live whith that price

i have 1 question to publishers
why pc prices not up like use ????
whe are whith more so more revenue buth if you raise to hij lots peopel wil stop to buy you games ore buy lesser

if i not buy cod ore bf = big posibelity i wil neater next jear en so on.

also to activision the deal whith ms. to long them keep the deal = no more fune + game balance far far away .
kistreaks + snipers are killing the fast pace game .

Load all