What’s up guys! We’re crazy proud to announce that the official release date for Rogue Legacy on ALL Playstation platforms will be 30th July, 2014! That’s only three weeks away! That’s complete insanity, and we’re totes mcgoats excited to finally bring it to consoles and handhelds.
Now, before I go into a list of the awesomeness that is the PlayStation versions of Rogue Legacy, I just want to give a shout out to the guys at Abstraction Games. They did almost all of the work on bringing the game to PlayStation, and this would never have happened without them. So big ups to them for all their help!
For those that don’t know, I should probably explain to you guys what Rogue Legacy is. It’s a rogue-lite game where you must conquer a magical castle which is constantly changing. Every time you die, your children succeed you. Each child has his or her own unique genetic traits, so one child might be a near sighted wizard, and another could be a flatulent ninja. So every play through is unique, right from the get-go.
As an added bonus, all the money you earn is passed down to your children, giving each generation a leg up on the last. And you’ll need every edge you can get, because this game is hard!
Anyways, before this gets too long, let me list out why the PlayStation versions are awesome.
- Cross Buy! — Do you want the awesome portable-ness of Vita? Or do you want the epic big screen experience of PS4/PS3? Don’t worry, you won’t have to make that choice because we’ll just give it all to you!
- Cross Save! –– Going out? Play on the Vita, and when you get home, your save will be brought over to your PS4/PS3 via cloud magic!
- 101% content! — Every single feature in the PC version, including all of the content patches, has been faithfully brought over to the PlayStation versions. So you get all the extra Bonus zones, traits, and boss remixes jam packed into those sweet little bytes, along with just a little bit more. But only just a little.
- Multi-lingual! — Rogue Legacy’s been translated into a whole BUNCH of languages for you guys. We’ve got English, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Polish, Russian, and Spanish. ðŸ˜€
- PS Vita control scheme bliss! — When we originally made Rogue Legacy, we made it with the PS Vita buttons in mind. No joke. We gambled that if it did well, we wouldn’t want the Vita version being nerfed in the control department, so we made sure to not use too many buttons. That crazy gamble we made over a year ago paid off, and that means the Vita version plays perfectly! Happiness!
- Platinum Trophy! — Aw yiss! Platinum awesome-ness! Thanks, PlayStation!
Anyhoo, enough talk. We’re crazy excited to be bringing Rogue Legacy to all of the PlayStation platforms, and we hope you guys enjoy it, too!